Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Gorges
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:53 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Gorges » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:53 pm

Pleasantly surprised by a Darrow invite in my inbox today! Thought they all went out already. Very happy.

User avatar
woodscommaL
Posts: 239
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:14 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby woodscommaL » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:22 pm

Moriarty wrote:
woodscommaL wrote:
hookem12 wrote:
moneybagsphd wrote:Of all the schools that have contacted me, Michigan sent the nicest letter. They totally wooed me. Now I'm waiting impatiently for my status checker, worrying that my "Why Michigan" isn't strong enough. Damn. I really really want Michigan. Please love me back.


They did the same thing to me. I was still toying with the idea of submitting an app, then they wooed me as well. Now I'm head over heels and I haven't heard a thing from them! I finally got a status checker though, hope yours comes in soon too.


I never got a letter...I'm just the obnoxious girl pining after a school that's way out of my league.


I got the letter, have been wooed, and also pine away, to the point of wondering if I should plan to return next cycle with a boombox-over-the-head sort of thing.


I'm considering going full-blown The Notebook and building the Michigan adcomms a dream house. Over-kill? Or just the right amount of extravagance to win them over?

User avatar
cactuarX3
Posts: 686
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:51 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cactuarX3 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:24 pm

Not enough. Must include a first-born sacrifice with the dream house.

User avatar
Moriarty
Posts: 304
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:29 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Moriarty » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:29 pm

I've tattooed the school crest on my back. Sufficient or necessary in lieu of LOCI?

User avatar
woodscommaL
Posts: 239
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:14 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby woodscommaL » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:33 pm

Dream house, first born, a kidney, "Go Blue!" lower back tat, ANNND a LOCI written in my blood. Come on Mich, love me back.

Dake!
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:14 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Dake! » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:42 pm

Gorges wrote:Pleasantly surprised by a Darrow invite in my inbox today! Thought they all went out already. Very happy.

Congrats!

User avatar
JoeMo
Posts: 1518
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:29 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JoeMo » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:44 pm

Dake! wrote:
Gorges wrote:Pleasantly surprised by a Darrow invite in my inbox today! Thought they all went out already. Very happy.

Congrats!


Double congrats! And totally jelly.

broncos_fan_26
Posts: 255
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby broncos_fan_26 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:49 pm

when you are able to access the admitted students site, how does it go? do u put in ur ID and Bday, adn then where does it take you? what are the various responses?

User avatar
JoeMo
Posts: 1518
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:29 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JoeMo » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:55 pm

broncos_fan_26 wrote:when you are able to access the admitted students site, how does it go? do u put in ur ID and Bday, adn then where does it take you? what are the various responses?


If it takes you to a big blue site, you're in.

If it redirects you to the status checker, you're not in yet.

But if you go to the status checker instead you can get a response of "Congrats", not sure if you get one when dinged.

User avatar
Elliott_Smith
Posts: 379
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:34 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Elliott_Smith » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:56 pm

Gorges wrote:Pleasantly surprised by a Darrow invite in my inbox today! Thought they all went out already. Very happy.


Wow, that is awesome!

Not a shock with your numbers, congrats!!

broncos_fan_26
Posts: 255
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby broncos_fan_26 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:21 pm

JoeMo wrote:
broncos_fan_26 wrote:when you are able to access the admitted students site, how does it go? do u put in ur ID and Bday, adn then where does it take you? what are the various responses?


If it takes you to a big blue site, you're in.

If it redirects you to the status checker, you're not in yet.

But if you go to the status checker instead you can get a response of "Congrats", not sure if you get one when dinged.


damn it

gatorapplicant
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:49 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby gatorapplicant » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:43 pm

woodscommaL wrote:Dream house, first born, a kidney, "Go Blue!" lower back tat, ANNND a LOCI written in my blood. Come on Mich, love me back.


hahaha this is perfect

User avatar
MachineLemon
Posts: 375
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:47 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby MachineLemon » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:26 am

Gorges wrote:Pleasantly surprised by a Darrow invite in my inbox today! Thought they all went out already. Very happy.

Congrats. Any reason you thought they had all gone out? I only saw one or two invites on the thread.

For any others (desperately) hoping for a Darrow invite, I pulled these numbers together from LSN.

2010-2011 Darrow Recipient Admit Decision Dates:

(Note: Allow two weeks for invite to arrive, 3 reporting gave no decision date.)

11/7/2010
11/15/2010
11/19/2010
11/22/2010
12/1/2010
12/3/2010
12/7/2010
12/16/2010
12/23/2010
1/17/2011
2/8/2011

2011-2012 Darrow Recipient Admit Decision Dates:

11/16/2011
12/6/2011

The question is: Where are all the 2012 Darrows? The radio silence may be a blessing in disguise for a few of you. Also, of the eleven '10-'11 Darrow recipients that reported the school they decided to attend, only 2 took the offer. With such a low yield, a lot more than the ~14 matriculating under the program will be admitted.

Gorges
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:53 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Gorges » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:46 am

MachineLemon wrote:
Gorges wrote:Pleasantly surprised by a Darrow invite in my inbox today! Thought they all went out already. Very happy.

Congrats. Any reason you thought they had all gone out? I only saw one or two invites on the thread.



I was a pretty late admit (1/9/12 when I had submitted in early October), and I saw many people reporting some sort of scholly on LSN/this thread, so I figured that it was one of those cases where Darrows were given out in lieu of the traditional aid allocation under the "Mail and Money" section of the ASW. In my mind, the invites went out mainly to the few people who lurk/don't read TLS. Guess I thought wrong!

User avatar
MachineLemon
Posts: 375
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:47 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby MachineLemon » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:19 am

Gorges wrote:
MachineLemon wrote:
Gorges wrote:Pleasantly surprised by a Darrow invite in my inbox today! Thought they all went out already. Very happy.

Congrats. Any reason you thought they had all gone out? I only saw one or two invites on the thread.



I was a pretty late admit (1/9/12 when I had submitted in early October), and I saw many people reporting some sort of scholly on LSN/this thread, so I figured that it was one of those cases where Darrows were given out in lieu of the traditional aid allocation under the "Mail and Money" section of the ASW. In my mind, the invites went out mainly to the few people who lurk/don't read TLS. Guess I thought wrong!


Yeah, the problem with the data is that it's hard to gauge the time between between being admitted and getting a darrow offer. Maybe a lot of invites have already gone out. The only timeline I happened to see on LSN went like this:

Sent: 10-29-10
Admitted: 12-16-10
Invite: 1-6-11
Offer: 1-28-11

This was one of the later decisions last cycle, so you'd expect most of the final offers to have come even earlier.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JamMasterJ » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:27 am

cactuarX3 wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
chapmaco wrote:In =D. Stats in profile..

ooh, a high LSAT getting in bodes well for our chances!!!!!


Jam, I'm SHOCKED that you haven't gotten in anywhere yet with your #s. Did you only apply to HYS CCN or something?

No, HCCNMVPND

Several people with similar numbers are in a pretty similar situation. One guy with 174/3.6 has only gotten into Vandy, and I've been contacted by a few 3.5/175+ers with zero acceptances.

User avatar
FryBreadPower
Posts: 908
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:46 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby FryBreadPower » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:30 am

JamMasterJ wrote:
cactuarX3 wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
chapmaco wrote:In =D. Stats in profile..

ooh, a high LSAT getting in bodes well for our chances!!!!!


Jam, I'm SHOCKED that you haven't gotten in anywhere yet with your #s. Did you only apply to HYS CCN or something?

No, HCCNMVPND

Several people with similar numbers are in a pretty similar situation. One guy with 174/3.6 has only gotten into Vandy, and I've been contacted by a few 3.5/175+ers with zero acceptances.


I have similar numbers to those listed above and have only gotten into one of the schools you have mentioned. As of now I have been waitlisted from two of them; held at one of them; and have had radio silence from all the others.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JamMasterJ » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:37 am

FryBreadPower wrote:I have similar numbers to those listed above and have only gotten into one of the schools you have mentioned. As of now I have been waitlisted from two of them; held at one of them; and have had radio silence from all the others.

http://search.lawschoolnumbers.com/user ... Cycle=1112

Some people have gotten NYU, but other than that, it's primarily WLs and Pending from the T10. I'm really glad some people with high scores have started to get into Mich though.

User avatar
FryBreadPower
Posts: 908
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:46 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby FryBreadPower » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:05 am

JamMasterJ wrote:
FryBreadPower wrote:I have similar numbers to those listed above and have only gotten into one of the schools you have mentioned. As of now I have been waitlisted from two of them; held at one of them; and have had radio silence from all the others.

http://search.lawschoolnumbers.com/user ... Cycle=1112

Some people have gotten NYU, but other than that, it's primarily WLs and Pending from the T10. I'm really glad some people with high scores have started to get into Mich though.


We can only hope that we begin to fall into this category. The radio silence, particularly from Michigan, is disconcerting to say the least. Really keeping my fingers crossed for Mich. and Columbia.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JamMasterJ » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:35 am

FryBreadPower wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
FryBreadPower wrote:I have similar numbers to those listed above and have only gotten into one of the schools you have mentioned. As of now I have been waitlisted from two of them; held at one of them; and have had radio silence from all the others.

http://search.lawschoolnumbers.com/user ... Cycle=1112

Some people have gotten NYU, but other than that, it's primarily WLs and Pending from the T10. I'm really glad some people with high scores have started to get into Mich though.


We can only hope that we begin to fall into this category. The radio silence, particularly from Michigan, is disconcerting to say the least. Really keeping my fingers crossed for Mich. and Columbia.

Honestly, when I compare where I am now to last year, it just feels cool even being considered by this caliber of school.

User avatar
winning
Posts: 87
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:24 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby winning » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:34 am

Folks who have received schollies, how long after admission did you receive word of your award? What channel did you receive it through?

User avatar
aekea
Posts: 236
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:10 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby aekea » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:45 am

It's usually about two weeks after you get a decision. Go to the Admitted Students Website click on "mail and money" and then "financial communications." Awards are listed in per year amount, a letter with the details follows.

User avatar
JoeMo
Posts: 1518
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:29 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JoeMo » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:57 am

JamMasterJ wrote:Honestly, when I compare where I am now to last year, it just feels cool even being considered by this caliber of school.


You went through this last year? you're just a regular glutton for punishment. GOOD LUCK!

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JamMasterJ » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:45 am

JoeMo wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:Honestly, when I compare where I am now to last year, it just feels cool even being considered by this caliber of school.


You went through this last year? you're just a regular glutton for punishment. GOOD LUCK!

yeah, with an LSAT score 10 points lower

User avatar
eaper
Posts: 663
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:31 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby eaper » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:21 pm

Doesn't seem like a very splitter friendly cycle.=\




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Christinabruin, Cjsanders2, Google [Bot] and 5 guests