Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Elliott_Smith
Posts: 379
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:34 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Elliott_Smith » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:54 pm

clarion wrote:No... lol because! As msblaw pointed out, rejections were mailed yesterday. So unless those rejections were mailed via overnight shipping (which would be convenient but extremely unlikely), then us email-less people might have fun news awaiting us in the mail come Tuesday/Wednesday afternoon.


Wait, what?

a) Are these supposed to be the first rejects? I saw a couple on the LSN graph a while back..

b) Doesn't the status update before you get the letter?

EMZE
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:53 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby EMZE » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:13 pm

Elliott_Smith wrote:
clarion wrote:No... lol because! As msblaw pointed out, rejections were mailed yesterday. So unless those rejections were mailed via overnight shipping (which would be convenient but extremely unlikely), then us email-less people might have fun news awaiting us in the mail come Tuesday/Wednesday afternoon.


Wait, what?

a) Are these supposed to be the first rejects? I saw a couple on the LSN graph a while back..

b) Doesn't the status update before you get the letter?


a) Looking at LSN, of the 2 rejections I see, one mentioned on this thread that he found out through e-mail when in contact with the admissions office, so essentially that was solicited. All that has been reported through the standard channels have been acceptances. So, since the applicant pool has not yet had the bulk release of rejections yet, that is was mailed yesterday. The other waitlists or whatever on LSN seem to be from confused people regarding the e-mail that went out.

b) Unless the letter is sent via same-day air, the assumption is/was that the status checker will update with the decision that goes out snail mail. Since no one has yet reported that their status checker changed to reflect that they were rejected, we don't know if the status checker is actually reflecting anything but the standard daily "complete" update it has always given. Only way to confirm this would be for someone who has been told they were denied admission to provide some feedback and check theirs to see if it reflects the decision they were informed of yesterday.

User avatar
Elliott_Smith
Posts: 379
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:34 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Elliott_Smith » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:34 pm

Makes sense.

I guess we'll know more next week.

In any case, I'm in for a long wait :)

User avatar
dakure
Posts: 451
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:04 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby dakure » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:36 pm

Guys. You're reading way too much into the crumps thing. Let it go.

User avatar
lemon7
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:08 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby lemon7 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:07 pm

woodscommaL wrote:I went complete 12/15...where's my status checker? :(

+1 :(

User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:15 pm

dakure wrote:Guys. You're reading way too much into the crumps thing. Let it go.


You probably know this: What type of numbers get YPed at any given school? Anything above the 75ths, or astronomically high numbers (175, 3.9X+ type of people)?

User avatar
JoeMo
Posts: 1518
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:29 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JoeMo » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:42 pm

dakure wrote:Guys. You're reading way too much into the crumps thing. Let it go.


THe evidence in this thread would point to the fact that everyone reads far too much into everything. They'll all make great lawyers and gunners.

User avatar
dakure
Posts: 451
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:04 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby dakure » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:45 pm

WhiteGuy5 wrote:
dakure wrote:Guys. You're reading way too much into the crumps thing. Let it go.


You probably know this: What type of numbers get YPed at any given school? Anything above the 75ths, or astronomically high numbers (175, 3.9X+ type of people)?

It really depends on the school. Astronomically high numbers generally are prime for YP but it depends. Last year at UVA, it was basically "if not ED or not in state, then YP." Mich seems to be YPing high lsats this year. We don't know about Penn right now. Those three tend to be the three YPers.

EMZE
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:53 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby EMZE » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:23 pm

ooooooooooooo the status checker didn't update to anything for me today.

User avatar
crumpetsandtea
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby crumpetsandtea » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:27 pm

I think the consensus is that it updates regularly every day except for Sundays, and holidays I assume.

EMZE
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:53 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby EMZE » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:30 pm

I thought it was everyday.

Shit, now I'm "that guy" with the status checker question....

User avatar
crumpetsandtea
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby crumpetsandtea » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:34 pm

EMZE wrote:I thought it was everyday.

Shit, now I'm "that guy" with the status checker question....

:lol: it's okay, I don't think we mention the Sunday exception very much.

User avatar
fltanglab
Posts: 555
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:44 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby fltanglab » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:09 pm

Rejected via snail mail. Did not get the email. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I go to Michigan, so the mail was very swift (was probably delivered within 24 hours).

User avatar
XCanadian91
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:03 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby XCanadian91 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:21 pm

fltanglab wrote:Rejected via snail mail. Did not get the email. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I go to Michigan, so the mail was very swift (was probably delivered within 24 hours).

So sorry to hear that.... damn. Did your status checker update yesterday?

User avatar
fltanglab
Posts: 555
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:44 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby fltanglab » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:28 pm

XCanadian91 wrote:
fltanglab wrote:Rejected via snail mail. Did not get the email. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I go to Michigan, so the mail was very swift (was probably delivered within 24 hours).

So sorry to hear that.... damn. Did your status checker update yesterday?


It's okay- didn't really want to stay here anymore anyway haha. Yes, it did. It's still at complete.

tonguetied
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:33 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby tonguetied » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:42 pm

Edit: wrong place, sorry
Last edited by tonguetied on Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
JoeMo
Posts: 1518
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:29 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JoeMo » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:33 pm

fltanglab wrote:
XCanadian91 wrote:
fltanglab wrote:Rejected via snail mail. Did not get the email. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I go to Michigan, so the mail was very swift (was probably delivered within 24 hours).

So sorry to hear that.... damn. Did your status checker update yesterday?


It's okay- didn't really want to stay here anymore anyway haha. Yes, it did. It's still at complete.


Oh wow, I would've thought being a UMich undergrad gave you a leg up. Did you not qualify for the "Wolverines" program?

User avatar
fltanglab
Posts: 555
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:44 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby fltanglab » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:42 am

JoeMo wrote:
fltanglab wrote:
XCanadian91 wrote:
fltanglab wrote:Rejected via snail mail. Did not get the email. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I go to Michigan, so the mail was very swift (was probably delivered within 24 hours).

So sorry to hear that.... damn. Did your status checker update yesterday?


It's okay- didn't really want to stay here anymore anyway haha. Yes, it did. It's still at complete.


Oh wow, I would've thought being a UMich undergrad gave you a leg up. Did you not qualify for the "Wolverines" program?


I have a 3.2 lol. You need a 3.8 for that :)

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JamMasterJ » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:03 am

thelong wrote:So it looks like we had no movement today other than the solicited e-mail reject.

I'm kind of on pins and needles until I get in. If I don't it's really going to throw a monkey wrench in my plans. Mich is still my top choice!

I totally am in the same boat

dolfan0516
Posts: 218
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:26 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby dolfan0516 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:36 am

Decision Plan: Regular Decision Last Updated: Jan 14 2012

Status: We are very sorry to tell you that we are not able to offer you a place in our entering class. A decision letter has been mailed to you at the address shown above.



This just just updated today. Even though it says last updated Jan 14, it updated today because I checked it yesterday. Assuming I will get my rejection letter through snail mail on tuesday


EDIT: UM was always a big reach for me, so no surprise. Did NOT get that email last week, fyi
Last edited by dolfan0516 on Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Green Glass Windows
Posts: 743
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Green Glass Windows » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:44 am

dolfan0516 wrote:Decision Plan: Regular Decision Last Updated: Jan 14 2012

Status: We are very sorry to tell you that we are not able to offer you a place in our entering class. A decision letter has been mailed to you at the address shown above.



This just just updated today. Even though it says last updated Jan 14, it updated today because I checked it yesterday. Assuming I will get my rejection letter through snail mail on tuesday?


Sorry to hear it.

Great, now I'm scared to look.

Although I am glad that I don't have to wait for the snail mail to find out...

Edit: Safe for now I suppose. Didn't get the checker until 1/4 though.

User avatar
uptowngirl22
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:25 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby uptowngirl22 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:05 am

dolfan0516 wrote:Decision Plan: Regular Decision Last Updated: Jan 14 2012

Status: We are very sorry to tell you that we are not able to offer you a place in our entering class. A decision letter has been mailed to you at the address shown above.



This just just updated today. Even though it says last updated Jan 14, it updated today because I checked it yesterday. Assuming I will get my rejection letter through snail mail on tuesday


EDIT: UM was always a big reach for me, so no surprise. Did NOT get that email last week, fyi


Ditto for me -- bummer. Ooooh well, c'est la vie!

User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:19 am

uptowngirl22 wrote:
dolfan0516 wrote:Decision Plan: Regular Decision Last Updated: Jan 14 2012

Status: We are very sorry to tell you that we are not able to offer you a place in our entering class. A decision letter has been mailed to you at the address shown above.



This just just updated today. Even though it says last updated Jan 14, it updated today because I checked it yesterday. Assuming I will get my rejection letter through snail mail on tuesday


EDIT: UM was always a big reach for me, so no surprise. Did NOT get that email last week, fyi


Ditto for me -- bummer. Ooooh well, c'est la vie!


Sorry to hear that =(.

I'm a 12/6 status checker, no hold email, no snail mail rejection, no update in my status.

User avatar
Elliott_Smith
Posts: 379
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:34 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Elliott_Smith » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:23 am

Sorry to hear about the dings :(

Still nothing on my end.

BKB
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:15 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby BKB » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:26 am

rejected via status checker.
international applicant. 174/superior.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baby Gaga and 9 guests