Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Elliott_Smith
Posts: 379
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:34 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Elliott_Smith » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:08 pm

What's the blog that everyone keeps referencing?

User avatar
crumpetsandtea
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby crumpetsandtea » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:13 pm

Elliott_Smith wrote:What's the blog that everyone keeps referencing?

http://www.law.umich.edu/connection/a2z/default.aspx

User avatar
Elliott_Smith
Posts: 379
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:34 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Elliott_Smith » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:06 pm

Sweet, thanks.

So it sounds like the drama email was just sent out to people who applied early in the cycle and are still waiting on a decision?

mlperry6
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby mlperry6 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:09 pm

I have been updated on my Status Checker almost every day this week. What gives, Mich?!

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2914
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby franklyscarlet » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:10 pm

mlperry6 wrote:I have been updated on my Status Checker almost every day this week. What gives, Mich?!


uggh.


Michigan updates every day routinely.

User avatar
Boston_NYG2245
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:00 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Boston_NYG2245 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:11 pm

mlperry6 wrote:I have been updated on my Status Checker almost every day this week. What gives, Mich?!


It updates every day for everyone

User avatar
Elliott_Smith
Posts: 379
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:34 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Elliott_Smith » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:12 pm

Does anyone know why that is? It's the only school that does that for me. Granted they don't use the LSAC page.

Makes it difficult to figure out what they're up to..

addy11
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:01 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby addy11 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:14 pm

Boston_NYG2245 wrote:
mlperry6 wrote:I have been updated on my Status Checker almost every day this week. What gives, Mich?!


It updates every day for everyone



Totally serious about this suggestion (but I doubt that HP monitors this thread since she and I both seem to be heading toward WL-ville):

Hawkeye - I know it would mess with the motif, but can you just change the title to say "Status Checker updates every day for everyone. Changes (or rare lack thereof) mean nothing"

User avatar
crumpetsandtea
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby crumpetsandtea » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:28 pm

I'm STILL complete. Gawd damn I just want my decision, Mich!!

User avatar
fingerscrossedxx
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:56 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:30 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:I'm STILL complete. Gawd damn I just want my decision, Mich!!


+609

User avatar
thelong
Posts: 992
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:55 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby thelong » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:32 pm

fingerscrossedxx wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:I'm STILL complete. Gawd damn I just want my decision, Mich!!


+609


Yep!

User avatar
soj
Posts: 7735
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby soj » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:33 pm

addy11 wrote:
Boston_NYG2245 wrote:
mlperry6 wrote:I have been updated on my Status Checker almost every day this week. What gives, Mich?!


It updates every day for everyone



Totally serious about this suggestion (but I doubt that HP monitors this thread since she and I both seem to be heading toward WL-ville):

Hawkeye - I know it would mess with the motif, but can you just change the title to say "Status Checker updates every day for everyone. Changes (or rare lack thereof) mean nothing"

Trust me, people wil still ask.

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:39 pm

Rejected via solicited email

User avatar
aarias11
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:23 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby aarias11 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:39 pm

Oh My GAWD anybody else have an update today??! I've got a goood feeling about this!!

justicefishy
Posts: 497
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby justicefishy » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:40 pm

msblaw89 wrote:Rejected via solicited email


Ugh, that really sucks. :(

tadlbb
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:03 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby tadlbb » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:41 pm

why would she say the non-email people will hear within a week and then not stick to that deadline? this is killing me.

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:42 pm

She said rejections were mailed today

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Killingly » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:43 pm

msblaw89 wrote:Rejected via solicited email


This is shocking to me. :(

User avatar
fltanglab
Posts: 555
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:44 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby fltanglab » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:43 pm

msblaw89 wrote:She said rejections were mailed today


womp womp. Oh well.

User avatar
Mr. Somebody
Posts: 867
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:42 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Mr. Somebody » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:44 pm

msblaw89 wrote:Rejected via solicited email


Wow, I would think you'd at least get a waitlist.... would you mind posting the e-mail (and block personal info out) if its a form e-mail? Or at least PM?
Last edited by Mr. Somebody on Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EMZE
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:53 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby EMZE » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:44 pm

msblaw89 wrote:She said rejections were mailed today


Probably the case that snail mail rejections are being mailed today, and perhaps the 1xday update will then reflect that

User avatar
crumpetsandtea
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby crumpetsandtea » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:48 pm

Didn't get an email, status checker still says 'Complete.'

msblaw89 wrote:Rejected via solicited email

Fuck, I'm so sorry man <3 How did the reply e-mail read, do you know it's a R for sure? And does your checker still say complete?

03121202698008
Posts: 3002
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby 03121202698008 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:52 pm

tadlbb wrote:why would she say the non-email people will hear within a week and then not stick to that deadline? this is killing me.


Like most things in the business world, and nearly all things in the legal world, they likely count the post-marked date and not the date of receipt. How are they supposed to know how long the postal service will take?

User avatar
crumpetsandtea
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby crumpetsandtea » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:53 pm

blowhard wrote:
tadlbb wrote:why would she say the non-email people will hear within a week and then not stick to that deadline? this is killing me.


Like most things in the business world, and nearly all things in the legal world, they likely count the post-marked date and not the date of receipt. How are they supposed to know how long the postal service will take?

This would mean that every single one of the people without an e-mail have been rejected.


fffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccck.

03121202698008
Posts: 3002
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby 03121202698008 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:56 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
blowhard wrote:
tadlbb wrote:why would she say the non-email people will hear within a week and then not stick to that deadline? this is killing me.


Like most things in the business world, and nearly all things in the legal world, they likely count the post-marked date and not the date of receipt. How are they supposed to know how long the postal service will take?

This would mean that every single one of the people without an e-mail have been rejected.


fffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccck.


I doubt that's the case. It's only 3 pm...

Also, that assumes everyone without the e-mail is on TLS. There could be tons of non-TLS non-email people who have heard this week. Not saying that's likely...but you simply cannot draw a conclusion about all applicants from a limited pool.
Last edited by 03121202698008 on Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: smashbash and 7 guests