Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
pdeturk

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby pdeturk » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:24 pm

Dear Dean Z,

Please write another post with more detailed information on what the email means....

soj

Postby soj » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:26 pm

Oh, ok. That makes more sense.

BTW, schools might not WL every YP candidate. They might reject, too, if they see someone as a lost cause.

WhiteGuy5

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:27 pm

pdeturk wrote:Dear Dean Z,

Please write another post with more detailed information on what the email means....

I think her first post was a pretty detailed enough post, and she even took the time to answer a question in the comments. Come on how...I think she's done PLENTY.

EMZE

Postby EMZE » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:30 pm

I hate that I feel like I pissed in evryones cheerios, so I have given this all some thought and have come up with something that those who did not receive the email can hang on to, maybe.

In her blog post Dean Z mentions that waitlists have not been done yet, but maybe she just means that they have not yet been communicated. Afterall, with probably something like 50% of the applications in or more, there is yet a single waitlist offer extended. Perhaps because our files have been decided on in that regard, we have some rubber stamp on our application that kept us from getting the email. Obviously there are rejections in the mix as well, but for those with YP numbers, that may explain their situation.

What thinks the masses?

Mr. Somebody

Postby Mr. Somebody » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:31 pm

Most of her post was not that helpful (telling people to check spam, really? The post is obviously addressed to people obsessed enough to be that thorough anyway). But the little nugget about those without e-mails having decisions made already is probably our answer. I'm just not sure I agree that it's all dings.

PopTorts13

Postby PopTorts13 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:14 pm

I'm one of the 11/22 applicants with both of my numbers >75%. My softs, work experience, PS and LORs were strong as well.

I know I have stated this before, but I refuse to think that my lack of e-mail = ding...So many pessimists in here. Decisions are on the way TLSers; everything is just speculation between now and then.

As always, I have great hopes for all of us. No freaking out, just calm, happy thoughts 8)

msblaw89

Postby msblaw89 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:17 pm

PopTorts13 wrote:I'm one of the 11/22 applicants with both of my numbers >75%. My softs, work experience, PS and LORs were strong as well.

I know I have stated this before, but I refuse to think that my lack of e-mail = ding...So many pessimists in here. Decisions are on the way TLSers; everything is just speculation between now and then.

As always, I have great hopes for all of us. No freaking out, just calm, happy thoughts 8)

I like you

Green Glass Windows

Postby Green Glass Windows » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:52 pm

As concerned as I am about my lack of email, I can't help but sort of laugh at this situation. These schools have us so wrapped up in this thing that sending out a cryptic email to some and not to others has sent us into a tizzy. I see this and know that it's ridiculous, but I'm still as riled up as anybody. :lol:

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:55 pm

Green Glass Windows wrote:As concerned as I am about my lack of email, I can't help but sort of laugh at this situation. These schools have us so wrapped up in this thing that sending out a cryptic email to some and not to others has sent us into a tizzy. I see this and know that it's ridiculous, but I'm still as riled up as anybody. :lol:

It's hilarious how much power they have over us. NU sent out a 'Happy Holidays' email last year that only some people received, and we spent pages talking about what the differing application factors between 'receiving email' and 'not receiving email' were. I mean, seriously, it was a greetings card. :lol:

msblaw89

Postby msblaw89 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:56 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
Green Glass Windows wrote:As concerned as I am about my lack of email, I can't help but sort of laugh at this situation. These schools have us so wrapped up in this thing that sending out a cryptic email to some and not to others has sent us into a tizzy. I see this and know that it's ridiculous, but I'm still as riled up as anybody. :lol:

It's hilarious how much power they have over us. NU sent out a 'Happy Holidays' email last year that only some people received, and we spent pages talking about what the differing application factors between 'receiving email' and 'not receiving email' were. I mean, seriously, it was a greetings card. :lol:

Yea I got one of those and didn't even apply to NU

JustE

Postby JustE » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:57 pm

This is nothing... Ever rode out the Georgetown waitlist? Their system of emails, WL rankings, and status updates drove us f*#^ing nuts... It's the sole reason I didn't apply this year... I'm debating on sending in an app now, but I really do hate GT.

WhiteGuy5

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:58 pm

EMZE wrote:I hate that I feel like I pissed in evryones cheerios, so I have given this all some thought and have come up with something that those who did not receive the email can hang on to, maybe.

In her blog post Dean Z mentions that waitlists have not been done yet, but maybe she just means that they have not yet been communicated. Afterall, with probably something like 50% of the applications in or more, there is yet a single waitlist offer extended. Perhaps because our files have been decided on in that regard, we have some rubber stamp on our application that kept us from getting the email. Obviously there are rejections in the mix as well, but for those with YP numbers, that may explain their situation.

What thinks the masses?

This does make some sense. There's no reason to outright reject many otherwise qualified applicants in the "No Email" pile right now.

Also, I did not write a Why Mich email.

JoeMo

Postby JoeMo » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:02 pm

Mr. Somebody wrote:Most of her post was not that helpful (telling people to check spam, really? The post is obviously addressed to people obsessed enough to be that thorough anyway). But the little nugget about those without e-mails having decisions made already is probably our answer. I'm just not sure I agree that it's all dings.

I think what she said was really helpful. It was basically reduced to what the lemur said. "Chill Out" and stop trying to read so much into what every little nuisance means.

Green Glass Windows

Postby Green Glass Windows » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:02 pm

JustE wrote:

This is nothing... Ever rode out the Georgetown waitlist? Their system of emails, WL rankings, and status updates drove us f*#^ing nuts... It's the sole reason I didn't apply this year... I'm debating on sending in an app now, but I really do hate GT.

Wow yeah, that sounds substantially worse haha. I decided not to apply there completely ignorant of the horrors of the WL, but now I'm even more glad I didn't. I'll take Michigan and their supposedly good-intentioned emails over that any day.

JustE

Postby JustE » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:04 pm

JoeMo wrote:
Mr. Somebody wrote:Most of her post was not that helpful (telling people to check spam, really? The post is obviously addressed to people obsessed enough to be that thorough anyway). But the little nugget about those without e-mails having decisions made already is probably our answer. I'm just not sure I agree that it's all dings.

I think what she said was really helpful. It was basically reduced to what the lemur said. "Chill Out" and stop trying to read so much into what every little nuisance means.

lol... And then we proceeded to fill up 4 pages of speculation on what no email means... I love the irony. I doubt there's much she can do. Until they start churning out decisions in 24 hours, we're going to drive ourselves up a wall speculating...

Elliott_Smith

Postby Elliott_Smith » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:30 pm

PopTorts13 wrote:I'm one of the 11/22 applicants with both of my numbers >75%. My softs, work experience, PS and LORs were strong as well.

Big fat +1

Leighmak

Postby Leighmak » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:40 pm

Accepted!!!!!!
Last edited by Leighmak on Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

clarion

Postby clarion » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:41 pm

WhiteGuy5 wrote:
EMZE wrote:I hate that I feel like I pissed in evryones cheerios, so I have given this all some thought and have come up with something that those who did not receive the email can hang on to, maybe.

What thinks the masses?

This does make some sense. There's no reason to outright reject many otherwise qualified applicants in the "No Email" pile right now.

Also, I did not write a Why Mich email.

Umm... didn't she say that the no-email people "have been slated for a final decision—either an offer or a denial (not a waitlist, though; those decisions have not yet been made)"? I highly doubt she would say "have been slated for a final decision--either an offer or a denial (NOT a waitlist)..." if what she meant was that it's POSSIBLY a waitlist lol I just don't think she'd say it unless she meant it. Clearly she is attempting to be as frank and clear with us as possible, so I think discounting part of her statement as misleading is kind of grasping at straws :\

But enough of that. Buona fortuna a tutti!! If nothing else, I think we all email-less folk can take solace in the fact that the day of reckoning is soon to be upon us. Personally I think a rejection would be more welcome at this point than another few weeks of status checker-ing and night-sweats :P *the lining of silver*

clarion

Postby clarion » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:41 pm

Leighmak wrote:I'm IN!!!!!! Got the email yesterday. Wow. I can't even breathe.

164/4.0 Non-URM.....never thought this was going to happen!!

Congratulations!! :D

JustE

Postby JustE » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:43 pm

CONGRATS!!!!!

GO BLUE!!!!!

I really hope Crumps doesn't see this....

JDizzle2015

Postby JDizzle2015 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:43 pm

Congrats!!

Mapleash

Postby Mapleash » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:54 pm

Optimistic view: Michigan has a stack of admits that they are waiting, for whatever reasons, to figure out how much $$$ to offer, if any. That could explain the 75%ers who didn't get the email and are slated for a decision.

UnamSanctam

Postby UnamSanctam » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:54 pm

JustE wrote:I'm debating on sending in an app now, but I really do hate GT.

Why? You're debating between Mich, NU, and NYU.

And by "debating" I mean "pretending to consider NU and NYU" but we really know what's up.

JustE

Postby JustE » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:57 pm

UnamSanctam wrote:
JustE wrote:I'm debating on sending in an app now, but I really do hate GT.

Why? You're debating between Mich, NU, and NYU.

And by "debating" I mean "pretending to consider NU and NYU" but we really know what's up.

It's nice to have options, but really I'm just hoping to see monies from someone.

GO BLUE!!!

msblaw89

Postby msblaw89 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:01 pm

I just got three e-mails back to back from TTTT schools.... TORMENT

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”