Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
EMZE
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:53 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby EMZE » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:46 am

msblaw89 wrote:Congrats to the admits. Anyone get in who didn't get the email yet?


Seems like not. Looks like out at Michigan. I think not getting the email could also have meant your application was decided on long long ago, we just havent sent out the rejections yet. Hence why their "all inclusive list" had "glitches" that may have just skipped over some people. Obviously no one who had already gotten in before that date received the e-mail.

Ohhhh wellllll. I now feel exceedingly confident that no email = cycle over at Michigan

User avatar
JustE
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JustE » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:48 am

:|

Don't lose hope, guys. It ain't over 'till it's over.

emcoast32
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:15 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby emcoast32 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:49 am

https://www.law.umich.edu/connection/a2 ... aspx?ID=81

sounds like dings will be coming via status checker as well as snail mail. won't make the news any better, but maybe the daily trip to the mailbox won't be so frightening.

and CONGRATS to all the admits. :)

EMZE
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:53 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby EMZE » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:55 am

Actually, I would think retaining hope is a bad idea. It's time to move through the grieving process. Anger - Denial - Depression - Bargaining - Acceptance, in no particular order.

User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:07 pm

It's quite annoying to get rejected by snail mail....I mean....what about the environment?

barbizon
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:16 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby barbizon » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:09 pm

Woah! I miss this forum for a day and suddenly we're all doomed! I submitted 11/20, status checker 12/16. No email. Am I among the fallen?

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:11 pm

WhiteGuy5 wrote:It's quite annoying to get rejected by snail mail....I mean....what about the environment?

I much prefer a quick and sudden death via status checker

User avatar
Green Glass Windows
Posts: 743
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Green Glass Windows » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:11 pm

barbizon wrote:Woah! I miss this forum for a day and suddenly we're all doomed! I submitted 11/20, status checker 12/16. No email. Am I among the fallen?


And this is why I stalk this forum all day. (No, it absolutely has nothing to do with a sick addiction. I can quit anytime I want!)

User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:23 pm

barbizon wrote:Woah! I miss this forum for a day and suddenly we're all doomed! I submitted 11/20, status checker 12/16. No email. Am I among the fallen?


Unfortunately, yes.

barbizon
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:16 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby barbizon » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:27 pm

WhiteGuy5 wrote:
barbizon wrote:Woah! I miss this forum for a day and suddenly we're all doomed! I submitted 11/20, status checker 12/16. No email. Am I among the fallen?


Unfortunately, yes.


Ah, that's a shame. I knew their fee waiver was a tease. It was a nice dream while it lasted. Thanks for letting me know!

EMZE
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:53 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby EMZE » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:28 pm

I really just wish they would get it over with though and do the status checker update to say denied admission. I want to get my hand stamped earlier than later so I can get in to the ding bar.

User avatar
Nelson
Posts: 2061
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:43 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Nelson » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:29 pm

barbizon wrote:
WhiteGuy5 wrote:
barbizon wrote:Woah! I miss this forum for a day and suddenly we're all doomed! I submitted 11/20, status checker 12/16. No email. Am I among the fallen?


Unfortunately, yes.


Ah, that's a shame. I knew their fee waiver was a tease. It was a nice dream while it lasted. Thanks for letting me know!

What? No, don't be ridiculous. The people who got that email mostly got their status checkers long before December. It's taken Mich way, way longer than a month to release decisions for most people.

User avatar
wphr
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:17 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby wphr » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:31 pm

i submitted right before thanksgiving.. status checker 12/22..
no e-mail...
no e-mail = rejection?! really? :(

pdeturk
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:38 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby pdeturk » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:34 pm

Everyone is just being extra neurotic because a lot of decisions are being made in the next few weeks. Let's stop jumping to conclusions, especially about the meanings of dates and batches.

User avatar
JoeMo
Posts: 1518
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:29 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JoeMo » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:36 pm

barbizon wrote:
WhiteGuy5 wrote:
barbizon wrote:Woah! I miss this forum for a day and suddenly we're all doomed! I submitted 11/20, status checker 12/16. No email. Am I among the fallen?


Unfortunately, yes.


Ah, that's a shame. I knew their fee waiver was a tease. It was a nice dream while it lasted. Thanks for letting me know!


I love that your s/n is barbizon!

barbizon
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:16 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby barbizon » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:43 pm

JoeMo wrote:
barbizon wrote:
WhiteGuy5 wrote:
barbizon wrote:Woah! I miss this forum for a day and suddenly we're all doomed! I submitted 11/20, status checker 12/16. No email. Am I among the fallen?


Unfortunately, yes.


Ah, that's a shame. I knew their fee waiver was a tease. It was a nice dream while it lasted. Thanks for letting me know!


I love that your s/n is barbizon!


Ha! Thanks. I did a concentration in creative writing for my undergrad. "Newlyn Barbizon" was my alter-ego, both names come from en plein air art schools in England and France, respectively.

EMZE
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:53 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby EMZE » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:48 pm

pdeturk wrote:Everyone is just being extra neurotic because a lot of decisions are being made in the next few weeks. Let's stop jumping to conclusions, especially about the meanings of dates and batches.


Rejections havent gone out yet. +
Prior accetpances did not receive email +
Dates are scattered amongst who did and did not receive email +
Those without e-mail have generally weaker numbers +
Acceptances continue to go out for those who did receive the email but none for those without+

________________________

No e-mail = first batch of rejects for the cycle.

Those who did not receive the e-mail are those who have files that have been decided upon already.

User avatar
uptowngirl22
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:25 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby uptowngirl22 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:57 pm

EMZE wrote:
pdeturk wrote:Everyone is just being extra neurotic because a lot of decisions are being made in the next few weeks. Let's stop jumping to conclusions, especially about the meanings of dates and batches.


Rejections havent gone out yet. +
Prior accetpances did not receive email +
Dates are scattered amongst who did and did not receive email +
Those without e-mail have generally weaker numbers +
Acceptances continue to go out for those who did receive the email but none for those without+

________________________

No e-mail = first batch of rejects for the cycle.

Those who did not receive the e-mail are those who have files that have been decided upon already.



I hate to be a pessimist, but I'm inclined to agree with you, EMZE..... sad.

User avatar
Green Glass Windows
Posts: 743
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Green Glass Windows » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:03 pm

uptowngirl22 wrote:
EMZE wrote:
pdeturk wrote:Everyone is just being extra neurotic because a lot of decisions are being made in the next few weeks. Let's stop jumping to conclusions, especially about the meanings of dates and batches.


Rejections havent gone out yet. +
Prior accetpances did not receive email +
Dates are scattered amongst who did and did not receive email +
Those without e-mail have generally weaker numbers +
Acceptances continue to go out for those who did receive the email but none for those without+

________________________

No e-mail = first batch of rejects for the cycle.

Those who did not receive the e-mail are those who have files that have been decided upon already.



I hate to be a pessimist, but I'm inclined to agree with you, EMZE..... sad.


As am I. I'm just unsure if having only gotten the status checker last week qualifies me for this. It seems like one person who got their status checker after the new year received the email, so maybe I'm done as well.

User avatar
acadec
Posts: 289
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 2:35 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby acadec » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:05 pm

uptowngirl22 wrote:
EMZE wrote:
pdeturk wrote:Everyone is just being extra neurotic because a lot of decisions are being made in the next few weeks. Let's stop jumping to conclusions, especially about the meanings of dates and batches.


Rejections havent gone out yet. +
Prior accetpances did not receive email +
Dates are scattered amongst who did and did not receive email +
Those without e-mail have generally weaker numbers +
Acceptances continue to go out for those who did receive the email but none for those without+

________________________

No e-mail = first batch of rejects for the cycle.

Those who did not receive the e-mail are those who have files that have been decided upon already.



I hate to be a pessimist, but I'm inclined to agree with you, EMZE..... sad.

I agree for the most part, but the posters above with status checker dates of 12/16 and 12/22 might not have gotten the email simply because they hadn't applied early enough. So, to those guys, don't lose hope.

User avatar
Mr. Somebody
Posts: 867
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:42 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Mr. Somebody » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:12 pm

168/3.8
3.5/174
174/3.99
170/3.7
172/3.86
3.86/174

I pulled these from the spreadsheet. I find it hard to believe all these people are getting dinged outright. A couple of these are iffy, but there's a couple auto-admits too. Doesn't YP usually mean waitlist, not reject? I think we need to be more patient.

User avatar
soj
Posts: 7735
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby soj » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:20 pm

It's possible some of these people without emails were waitlisted. Basically, people think it's WL or Reject because not receiving the email makes it seem as though decisions were already made for them, and if they were accepted, they would have been notified already.

Also, I'm on the phone so I can't check this myself--maybe a lot of the people didn't get emails because they submitted too recently, not because they were WL/rejected.

User avatar
Mr. Somebody
Posts: 867
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:42 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Mr. Somebody » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:22 pm

soj wrote:It's possible one possible decision rendered for people without emails is WL. Basically, people think it's WL or Reject because not receiving the email makes it seem as though decisions were already made for them, and if they were accepted, they would have been notified already.

Also, I'm on the phone so I can't check this myself--maybe a lot of the people didn't get emails because they submitted too recently, not because they were WL/rejected.


Dean Z seemed to indicate on her blog that it wouldn't be a waitlist. And all of the people on the spreadsheet submitted within the timeframe of people who have received e-mails. Hmmmmmmm......

User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:22 pm

Mr. Somebody wrote:168/3.8
3.5/174
174/3.99
170/3.7
172/3.86
3.86/174

I pulled these from the spreadsheet. I find it hard to believe all these people are getting dinged outright. A couple of these are iffy, but there's a couple auto-admits too. Doesn't YP usually mean waitlist, not reject? I think we need to be more patient.


Hope this helps: I'm one of those with both numbers have their 75th. I got an email a few weeks ago telling me there was "much to admire" about my app, but they had one question--namely, what I had been doing since graduation (where my resume pretty much ends). I told them some stuff (nothing fancy, trust me, I just plan to travel) and they said "this was exactly what we were looking for." This all happened the same day.

I thought that email was a good sign, but now I'm thinking it was for people who they were leaning towards dinging. I haven't gotten the email, and am still on complete. I applied early Nov, status checker early Dec.

If other people on the no list could talk about their experiences (if any) with Mich (possible reasons for a ding/acceptance, aside form numbers), maybe that could help.

I hope this did!

Anyway, good luck to everyone!

EDIT: This happen a few weeks ago so there's a high likely chance that they were close to coming to a decision on my app, and must have done so since then. No email = decision made. No Congratulations status thus far = ding.
Last edited by WhiteGuy5 on Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
uptowngirl22
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:25 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby uptowngirl22 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:22 pm

soj wrote:It's possible one possible decision rendered for people without emails is WL. Basically, people think it's WL or Reject because not receiving the email makes it seem as though decisions were already made for them, and if they were accepted, they would have been notified already.

Also, I'm on the phone so I can't check this myself--maybe a lot of the people didn't get emails because they submitted too recently, not because they were WL/rejected.



Dean Z said in her blog post's comment section that the no-email people "have been slated for a final decision—either an offer or a denial (not a waitlist, though; those decisions have not yet been made)." So we're either in oder aus....




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: curry4bfast, oliviaj_j and 11 guests