Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
EMZE

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby EMZE » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:35 pm

Mr. Somebody wrote:She said within a week.

https://docs.google.com/a/ucdavis.edu/s ... n_US#gid=0

Out of the people without e-mails, there's several with very good numbers. So I wouldn't be worried about our chances just yet. An outright ding for some of these fellows seems highly unlikely.

EDIT:

This is the form again in case anyone needs it

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/vie ... YjVOS1E6MQ

Compared to those who got the e-mails, am I wrong in saying that those who didn't have much weaker numbers? There are a few who with strong numbers, but these top schools always seem to deliver rejections that raise eyebrows. YP.

ETA: After reading her post 600 times, she said that those applications are in line for a decision, so maybe it has not yet been rendered, but the application is simply due for a decision soon, as she said.

Is there yet hope?

dakure

Postby dakure » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:41 pm

Her comment says the no email people will here within a week. gah.

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:41 pm

EMZE wrote:Well.. if a decision has been made, and we still don't have access to the ASW, I imagine that the ding is on the way! Whether it is snal mail or e-mail, my mind is preparing itself for the worst.

:( This. I'm so sad...

emcoast32

Postby emcoast32 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:42 pm

EMZE wrote:

Out of the people without e-mails, there's several with very good numbers. So I wouldn't be worried about our chances just yet. An outright ding for some of these fellows seems highly unlikely.

EDIT:

Compared to those who got the e-mails, am I wrong in saying that those who didn't have much weaker numbers? There are a few who with strong numbers, but these top schools always seem to deliver rejections that raise eyebrows. YP.

ETA: After reading her post 600 times, she said that those applications are in line for a decision, so maybe it has not yet been rendered, but the application is simply due for a decision soon, as she said.

Is there yet hope?

think of it this way: if the no-email group contained admits, they would have been in line for acceptances before those who received emails (because they were "slated" for decisions, when the email group was not). i know of no one who was admitted without receiving the email.

ETA: admitted *today*
Last edited by emcoast32 on Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EMZE

Postby EMZE » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:44 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
EMZE wrote:Well.. if a decision has been made, and we still don't have access to the ASW, I imagine that the ding is on the way! Whether it is snal mail or e-mail, my mind is preparing itself for the worst.

Very very sad. Like I said earlier, I really just hope it isn't snail mail. I posted that question on her blog and it is yet to be approved to show up. I really need to stop outing myself.

EMZE

Postby EMZE » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:44 pm

emcoast32 wrote:
EMZE wrote:

EDIT:

Is there yet hope?

think of it this way: if the no-email group contained admits, they would have been in line for acceptances before those who received emails (because they were "slated" for decisions, when the email group was not). i know of no one who was admitted without receiving the email.

Ouch.

Mr. Somebody

Postby Mr. Somebody » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:46 pm

emcoast32 wrote:
EMZE wrote:

EDIT:

Is there yet hope?

Damning logic :(

WhiteGuy5

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:47 pm

emcoast32 wrote:think of it this way: if the no-email group contained admits, they would have been in line for acceptances before those who received emails (because they were "slated" for decisions, when the email group was not). i know of no one who was admitted without receiving the email.

Yeah. How long is someone "slated" for an admit decision before the status updater changes? I don't imagine very long. Especially because they updated admit-statuses today, we (the no-emails) should have been updated at the very latest today.

I think we're headed for dings. Oh well.

pupshaw

Postby pupshaw » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:47 pm

Sorry if this has been answered already, but do we know the cutoff date for submission after which people did not receive the email?

msblaw89

Postby msblaw89 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:48 pm

cerealdan wrote:Sorry if this has been answered already, but do we know the cutoff date for submission after which people did not receive the email?

People who got status checkers all the way up to 12/22 seem to have gotten the e-mail

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:48 pm

EMZE wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:

Very very sad. Like I said earlier, I really just hope it isn't snail mail.

Omg me too...that would be the worst. Plus that means my parents will probably see the small envelope first and then they'll be all disappointed ): I'd rather know ASAP and then tell them myself.

EMZE

Postby EMZE » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:49 pm

cerealdan wrote:Sorry if this has been answered already, but do we know the cutoff date for submission after which people did not receive the email?

Go back a few pages and check out the chart that was made to collect those stats. Pretty informative, and if IIRC the dates go all the way through mid December.

pupshaw

Postby pupshaw » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:52 pm

msblaw89 wrote:

People who got status checkers all the way up to 12/22 seem to have gotten the e-mail

Oh. Well shit. So the consensus is 12/22 status checker, no email=likely ding?

msblaw89

Postby msblaw89 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:53 pm

WhiteGuy5 wrote:
emcoast32 wrote:think of it this way: if the no-email group contained admits, they would have been in line for acceptances before those who received emails (because they were "slated" for decisions, when the email group was not). i know of no one who was admitted without receiving the email.

Yeah. How long is someone "slated" for an admit decision before the status updater changes? I don't imagine very long. Especially because they updated admit-statuses today, we (the no-emails) should have been updated at the very latest today.

I think we're headed for dings. Oh well.

I guess we will have to wait and see... maybe there are some comeback Tebows in our group... Id' like to be one personally :wink:

emcoast32

Postby emcoast32 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:53 pm

gosh i would love to be wrong about this.

PopTorts13

Postby PopTorts13 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:00 pm

Mr. Somebody wrote:
emcoast32 wrote:
EMZE wrote:

EDIT:

Is there yet hope?

I submitted on 11/22 and have numbers >75% and also have not received an email.

Some of the decisions were made immediately after those e-mails were sent out, while others simply need further review or have not been holistically reviewed (Dean Z comments on this lack of correlation in her blog). With that being said, I believe applicants who did not receive the e-mail may not need to be looked at further and may be in a pile of admits, denials, etc. as is and those piles will collectively be entered into statuses by the end of this work week. As for those who received an e-mail, those apps are just taking more time for the admissions committee to review; she doesn't call it a hold, but does admit they are looked over after initial thoughts due to outside circumstances, ex. everything looks, everything looks bad, yadayada. I do not see a correlation between those who received the e-mail or those who did not having a greater likelihood of admittance.

I'm a rather optimistic person though. Chin up TLSers!

EMZE

Postby EMZE » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:04 pm

PopTorts13 wrote:
Mr. Somebody wrote:
emcoast32 wrote:
EMZE wrote:ompared to those who got the e-mails, am I wrong in saying that those who didn't have much weaker numbers? There are a few who with strong numbers, but these top schools always seem to deliver rejections that raise eyebrows. YP.

Is there yet hope?

I submitted on 11/22 and have numbers >75% and also have not received an email.

Some of the decisions were made immediately after those e-mails were sent out, while others simply need further review or have not been holistically reviewed (Dean Z comments on this lack of correlation in her blog). With that being said, I believe applicants who did not receive the e-mail may not need to be looked at further and may be in a pile of admits, denials, etc. as is and those piles will collectively be entered into statuses by the end of this work week. As for those who received an e-mail, those apps are just taking more time for the admissions committee to review; she doesn't call it a hold, but does admit they are looked over after initial thoughts due to outside circumstances, ex. everything looks, everything looks bad, yadayada. I do not see a correlation between those who received the e-mail or those who did not having a greater likelihood of admittance.

I'm a rather optimistic person though. Chin up TLSers!

Consider me inspired

dakure

Postby dakure » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:06 pm

So basically... mich has gone full retard.

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:08 pm

dakure wrote:So basically... mich has gone full retard.

:?: What do you mean?

EMZE

Postby EMZE » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:10 pm

Don't want to derail but let's not use terms like retard.

ETA: But I agree that this next week will be hell for those of us without that email.
Last edited by EMZE on Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Campagnolo

Postby Campagnolo » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:11 pm

msblaw89 wrote:I guess we will have to wait and see... maybe there are some comeback Tebows in our group... Id' like to be one personally :wink:

MSB:

EMZE

Postby EMZE » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:12 pm

Campagnolo wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:I guess we will have to wait and see... maybe there are some comeback Tebows in our group... Id' like to be one personally :wink:

MSB:

MSB has great triceps

PopTorts13

Postby PopTorts13 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:13 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
dakure wrote:So basically... mich has gone full retard.

:?: What do you mean?

+1 :?:

msblaw89

Postby msblaw89 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:20 pm

EMZE wrote:
Campagnolo wrote:

MSB:

MSB has great triceps

Yea, I was born with them :wink: Here's to hoping that Michigan is wooed

JustE

Postby JustE » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:30 pm

You guys are fine. I'm pretty sure there's a message on the status checker for denials. If you don't see a denial on your status checker, there's hope. STOP BEING SO NEGATIVE!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”