Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Tiago Splitter

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Tiago Splitter » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:14 pm

UnamSanctam wrote:
Tiago Splitter wrote:
confusedlaw wrote:basedon lsn acceptances wit h 167 3.7 i feel like i have decent chance am i incorrect?

No.

No as in he's not incorrect or no as in he doesn't have a good chance?

Good call. I would say he is incorrect. So far only acceptances show up for this year on LSN so the chances look good for people with borderline numbers, but look back over the last few years and the true story emerges.

cuzinvinny

Postby cuzinvinny » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:23 pm

Hey guys looking over the LSN numbers it seems the they have already let in a number of splitters. I applied the first week of Decemeber, am a 3.2x, 175+ splitter, and still don't have a status checker yet. In your opinion is it a good thing (meaning Michigan will consider taking my numbers) or bad (Michigan has given out most/all the splitter admissions it plans too for this cycle and by the time they look at me it'll be too late). Thanks in advance.

skers

Postby skers » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:37 pm

cuzinvinny wrote:Hey guys looking over the LSN numbers it seems the they have already let in a number of splitters. I applied the first week of Decemeber, am a 3.2x, 175+ splitter, and still don't have a status checker yet. In your opinion is it a good thing (meaning Michigan will consider taking my numbers) or bad (Michigan has given out most/all the splitter admissions it plans too for this cycle and by the time they look at me it'll be too late). Thanks in advance.

Our guess is as good as yours.

thelaststraw05

Postby thelaststraw05 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:46 pm

cuzinvinny wrote:Hey guys looking over the LSN numbers it seems the they have already let in a number of splitters. I applied the first week of Decemeber, am a 3.2x, 175+ splitter, and still don't have a status checker yet. In your opinion is it a good thing (meaning Michigan will consider taking my numbers) or bad (Michigan has given out most/all the splitter admissions it plans too for this cycle and by the time they look at me it'll be too late). Thanks in advance.

Yes.

ETA: I like to answer A or B questions that I don't know the answer to with a simple yes. Because it will likely be one of the two.

JoeMo

Postby JoeMo » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:50 pm

ralph_pootawn wrote:In today. status checker 11/3. I was so close to giving up hope. Been checking the status checker first thing in the morning everyday. Was anticipating the red text once again. Could not be happier right now. Just graduated yesterday and got to wake up to this.

Congratulations! What a nice graduation gift.

cuzinvinny

Postby cuzinvinny » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:55 pm

thelaststraw05 wrote:

Yes.

ETA: I like to answer A or B questions that I don't know the answer to with a simple yes. Because it will likely be one of the two.

Yea sorry in hindsight your right. I guess I was mostly looking for some reassurance but I guess I'll just have to wait until Dean Z makes a decision.

thelaststraw05

Postby thelaststraw05 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:00 pm

cuzinvinny wrote:
thelaststraw05 wrote:

Yes.

Yea sorry in hindsight your right. I guess I was mostly looking for some reassurance but I guess I'll just have to wait until Dean Z makes a decision.

With numbers like yours all of the T-14 CCN on down is going to be a crapshoot. You might get into a place like Columbia (probably after being held) only to get rejected at places like Michigan or Virginia. If it is any consolation. You should know by April! I didn't get rejected by Columbia until May.

Tiago Splitter

Postby Tiago Splitter » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:01 pm

cuzinvinny wrote:
thelaststraw05 wrote:

Yes.

You can also look back over the last few cycles. Not too many applicants with your split and most sub-3.3 splitters don't get in. But there are a few in there who applied late and pulled it off, like this guy:

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/Blacklist/jd (can't for the life of me figure out how he pulled it off)

The 2008-2009 cycle saw a handful as well.

cuzinvinny

Postby cuzinvinny » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:44 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote:
cuzinvinny wrote:
thelaststraw05 wrote:

Yes.

You can also look back over the last few cycles. Not too many applicants with your split and most sub-3.3 splitters don't get in. But there are a few in there who applied late and pulled it off, like this guy:

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/Blacklist/jd (can't for the life of me figure out how he pulled it off)

Yea I understand I'm gonna have a long cycle. But maybe its not too bad of a thing because my fall grades should be in by early january and unless I messed up (doubt it) I should be able to pull my gpa to a low- to mid 3.3X (and by some miracle up to a 3.4x)

Blessedassurance

Postby Blessedassurance » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:47 am

Wait, they quit doing the red-text routine for the ASW?

curiousgeorgia

Postby curiousgeorgia » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:01 am

Blessedassurance wrote:Wait, they quit doing the red-text routine for the ASW?

Yup, just tried it and it appears that they are just re-routing you to the status check. Real subtle, Michigan, we get it.

At least a re-route is a lot less distressing than a giant mass of red text.

Blessedassurance

Postby Blessedassurance » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:03 am

curiousgeorgia wrote:

Yup, just tried it and it appears that they are just re-routing you to the status check. Real subtle, Michigan, we get it.

Ha, they probably read TLS.

msblaw89

Postby msblaw89 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:04 am

curiousgeorgia wrote:

This is only if you have not been accepted correct? Or now are our attempts to find out via ASW not worthwhile?

curiousgeorgia

Postby curiousgeorgia » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:08 am

msblaw89 wrote:
curiousgeorgia wrote:

This is only if you have not been accepted correct? Or now are our attempts to find out via ASW not worthwhile?

Not accepted as in not accepted yet or as in denied? I think (hope) that it just is a measure they developed to prevent rampant ASW-checking so people actually wait to get the package in the mail.

msblaw89

Postby msblaw89 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:21 am

curiousgeorgia wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:
curiousgeorgia wrote:

Not accepted as in not accepted yet or as in denied? I think (hope) that it just is a measure they developed to prevent rampant ASW-checking so people actually wait to get the package in the mail.

I suppose people who haven't been accepted yet.... Since I'm guessing if you were denied you would never have access to ASW anyway

jwalterweatherman

Postby jwalterweatherman » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:35 am

What a frustrating change. I was getting really quick at inputting my Michigan ID and birth date.

jwalterweatherman

Postby jwalterweatherman » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:37 am

Now it will have to be on the normal website.

Postby 03121202698008 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:13 am

curiousgeorgia wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:
curiousgeorgia wrote:

If you read Dean Z's results from the survey, she suggests they may update the site.

Postby 03121202698008 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:15 am

Tiago Splitter wrote:
cuzinvinny wrote:
thelaststraw05 wrote:

Yes.

He was a veteran. That carries some weight, especially late in the cycle. At that point, they are looking for way more than just numbers. They are trying to round out the diversity of their sections.

hyakku

Postby hyakku » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:07 pm

Does the normal status checker change in advance? Im leaving my apartment to go home for a few days for break, and I'd love to get an acceptance from Mich. before New Years. If the checker doesn't change this is going to be a long wait. I'm not even sure if they are going to mail it here or to my permanent address. All well, c'est la vie.

erikjc

Postby erikjc » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:12 pm

hyakku wrote:Does the normal status checker change in advance? Im leaving my apartment to go home for a few days for break, and I'd love to get an acceptance from Mich. before New Years. If the checker doesn't change this is going to be a long wait. I'm not even sure if they are going to mail it here or to my permanent address. All well, c'est la vie.

They should mail it to whatever you listed as your current address. I set up mail forwarding while I'm home for break, but one admissions packet has already slipped through the cracks and ended up at my apartment... USPS ftw.

lawschool899

Postby lawschool899 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:20 pm

so when i attempt to log into ASW (not admitted yet) it now redirects me to my status checker. is this happening to anyone else?

Samara

Postby Samara » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:21 pm

lawschool899 wrote:so when i attempt to log into ASW (not admitted yet) it now redirects me to my status checker. is this happening to anyone else?

Did you not read the posts on this very page?

lawschool899

Postby lawschool899 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:22 pm

Samara wrote:
lawschool899 wrote:so when i attempt to log into ASW (not admitted yet) it now redirects me to my status checker. is this happening to anyone else?

nope.

ScrabbleChamp

Postby ScrabbleChamp » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:23 pm

lawschool899 wrote:
Samara wrote:

nope.

Your attention to detail will carry you very far in law school...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”