Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
jfish
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:29 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jfish » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:46 pm

JDizzle2015 wrote:
aladdinismyprince wrote:MumofCad- Hmmm, I have been admitted (I received the admissions packet and can log onto ASW), but I never got an admittance email. That’s weird...

Thanks for the information...should I be worried I didn’t receive an email?

I didn't get the "I would hate to..." email until about 2 weeks after my decision. No initial email though.


I think they're talking about the Darrow invite.

User avatar
JDizzle2015
Posts: 638
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:16 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JDizzle2015 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:56 pm

jfish wrote:
JDizzle2015 wrote:
aladdinismyprince wrote:MumofCad- Hmmm, I have been admitted (I received the admissions packet and can log onto ASW), but I never got an admittance email. That’s weird...

Thanks for the information...should I be worried I didn’t receive an email?

I didn't get the "I would hate to..." email until about 2 weeks after my decision. No initial email though.


I think they're talking about the Darrow invite.

Aladdin quoted "an admittance email" but I guess if it's for Darrow you should email them since the deadline is in early Feb IIRC.

ETA: I just looked through Aladdin's old posts and it looks like (s)he was trying to decide on "MSU Full Ride or University of Michigan (Sticker Price)" so I don't think (s)he's talking about a Darrow invite.

OP, there isn't an initial email confirmation on acceptance as far as I'm aware.

ETA2: Love your avatar jfish! :D

aladdinismyprince
Posts: 83
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:33 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby aladdinismyprince » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:31 pm

Sorry, I wasn't talking about a Darrow invite. I was just wondering when we hear about merit aid in general. When do we hear whether we received any money at all?

User avatar
jfish
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:29 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jfish » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:34 pm

aladdinismyprince wrote:Sorry, I wasn't talking about a Darrow invite. I was just wondering when we hear about merit aid in general. When do we hear whether we received any money at all?


Ooh okay, I'll PM you.

Thanks JDizzle! :D

User avatar
UnamSanctam
Posts: 7154
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:17 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby UnamSanctam » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:26 pm

JDizzle2015 wrote:
aladdinismyprince wrote:MumofCad- Hmmm, I have been admitted (I received the admissions packet and can log onto ASW), but I never got an admittance email. That’s weird...

Thanks for the information...should I be worried I didn’t receive an email?

I didn't get the "I would hate to..." email until about 2 weeks after my decision. No initial email though.


This. I didn't get the email until yesterday. I was admitted 11/30

User avatar
Pleasye
Posts: 7957
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Pleasye » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:46 pm

Checking in. Just submitted my app today (I'm late I know :oops: )

Good luck everyone!

MumofCad
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby MumofCad » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:12 am

Sorry for the confusion, I wasn't talking about the Darrow invite. I was talking about the email you get a few weeks after being admitted. Its just a general, in case you didn't get your package, welcome and it says about all merit aid:

"Michigan Law provides a significant amount of grant aid to incoming students every year. You will be automatically considered for merit grants based on the information provided at the time you applied; we’ll contact you, beginning in January, within six weeks of our offer if we are able to make you an award, and no application is necessary."

User avatar
PopTorts13
Posts: 378
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:27 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby PopTorts13 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:22 am

UM applicants... I love you 8)

User avatar
JDizzle2015
Posts: 638
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:16 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JDizzle2015 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:37 am

PopTorts13 wrote:UM applicants... I love you 8)

More or less than Yale applicants? (you skank...) :lol: :wink:

User avatar
PopTorts13
Posts: 378
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:27 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby PopTorts13 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:47 am

JDizzle2015 wrote:
PopTorts13 wrote:UM applicants... I love you 8)

More or less than Yale applicants? (you skank...) :lol: :wink:


Ha, ha. I was totally considering sending an "I love you" to all of the places I applied to. I got two schools deep and started to feel a little skanky, ha ha ha :oops: .

ralph_pootawn
Posts: 265
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:14 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ralph_pootawn » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:52 am

In today. status checker 11/3. I was so close to giving up hope. Been checking the status checker first thing in the morning everyday. Was anticipating the red text once again. Could not be happier right now. Just graduated yesterday and got to wake up to this.

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:53 am

ralph_pootawn wrote:In today. status checker 11/3. I was so close to giving up hope. Been checking the status checker first thing in the morning everyday. Was anticipating the red text once again. Could not be happier right now. Just graduated yesterday and got to wake up to this.

Congrats! I guess they really are doing some out of order. Now go celebrate

User avatar
sandwiches5000
Posts: 412
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:54 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sandwiches5000 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:01 am

loll. Today I saw a huge envelope from U of M in my neighbor's mailbox. I thought it was for me since I live in Asia and the likelihood that it would be for someone else would be pretty small and the mailman has a tendency to put things in the wrong place...

Wasn't for me! Found out another person who was admitted to U of M lives across the hall from me. Very cool. :)

User avatar
Take Two
Posts: 552
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:30 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Take Two » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:25 pm

ralph_pootawn wrote:In today. status checker 11/3. I was so close to giving up hope. Been checking the status checker first thing in the morning everyday. Was anticipating the red text once again. Could not be happier right now. Just graduated yesterday and got to wake up to this.


thats awesome! Congrats!

User avatar
UnamSanctam
Posts: 7154
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:17 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby UnamSanctam » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:29 pm

sandwiches5000 wrote:loll. Today I saw a huge envelope from U of M in my neighbor's mailbox. I thought it was for me since I live in Asia and the likelihood that it would be for someone else would be pretty small and the mailman has a tendency to put things in the wrong place...

Wasn't for me! Found out another person who was admitted to U of M lives across the hall from me. Very cool. :)


This is actually hilarious.

ralph_pootawn
Posts: 265
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:14 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ralph_pootawn » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:35 pm

Take Two wrote:
ralph_pootawn wrote:In today. status checker 11/3. I was so close to giving up hope. Been checking the status checker first thing in the morning everyday. Was anticipating the red text once again. Could not be happier right now. Just graduated yesterday and got to wake up to this.


thats awesome! Congrats!

thanks!

User avatar
woodscommaL
Posts: 239
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:14 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby woodscommaL » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:57 pm

Congratulations to all of you who are in! I've still got about 6 weeks of waiting before I get a decision, but I want Michigan so bad that I can taste it. Send good vibes my way, and I promise to throw a crazy sick party if I get in! Haha.

viacavour
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby viacavour » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:58 pm

I applied 12/1 and STILL haven't gotten a link to the status checker :S

Did anyone else have to wait this long? I have them from all the other schools already

User avatar
lawschool899
Posts: 196
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:11 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby lawschool899 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:02 pm

viacavour wrote:I applied 12/1 and STILL haven't gotten a link to the status checker :S

Did anyone else have to wait this long? I have them from all the other schools already


I didn't get it for over three weeks.

User avatar
JDizzle2015
Posts: 638
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:16 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JDizzle2015 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:13 pm

viacavour wrote:I applied 12/1 and STILL haven't gotten a link to the status checker :S

Did anyone else have to wait this long? I have them from all the other schools already

Mich is slow when it comes to status checkers... nothing to worry about especially now that it's getting close to the holidays.

woodscommaL wrote:Congratulations to all of you who are in! I've still got about 6 weeks of waiting before I get a decision, but I want Michigan so bad that I can taste it. Send good vibes my way, and I promise to throw a crazy sick party if I get in! Haha.

You've got my vote. :D!

User avatar
Take Two
Posts: 552
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:30 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Take Two » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:34 pm

viacavour wrote:
woodscommaL wrote:Congratulations to all of you who are in! I've still got about 6 weeks of waiting before I get a decision, but I want Michigan so bad that I can taste it. Send good vibes my way, and I promise to throw a crazy sick party if I get in! Haha.

You've got my vote. :D!


haha +1

jbkoch4001
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:53 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jbkoch4001 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:18 am

So I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me as to whether Michigan Residency affects admission chances. I am aware of the percentage of attending students that MI residents (~mid twenties), but this wasn't really helpful given that I don't know what percentage of the total applicant pool they make up. Does anyone have an answer?

confusedlaw
Posts: 564
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:10 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby confusedlaw » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:50 am

basedon lsn acceptances wit h 167 3.7 i feel like i have decent chance am i incorrect?

User avatar
Tiago Splitter
Posts: 15455
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:20 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Tiago Splitter » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:02 pm

confusedlaw wrote:basedon lsn acceptances wit h 167 3.7 i feel like i have decent chance am i incorrect?


No.

User avatar
UnamSanctam
Posts: 7154
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:17 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby UnamSanctam » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:11 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote:
confusedlaw wrote:basedon lsn acceptances wit h 167 3.7 i feel like i have decent chance am i incorrect?


No.


No as in he's not incorrect or no as in he doesn't have a good chance?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, AZnative, Baidu [Spider], Google Adsense [Bot], hangold, joezze, Keilz, laurlaur2112, lawlawland16, liuwenyu, PDX4343, piesandcookies, Pomegranate27, smashbash, Smc1994, sonyco and 33 guests