Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
thatkid

Bronze

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Post by thatkid » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:56 pm

In via ASW. :D

msblaw89

Gold

Post by msblaw89 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:57 pm

thatkid wrote:In via ASW. :D
Congrats! I know you wanted it! Didn't you have an early complete date?

thatkid

Bronze

Post by thatkid » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:02 pm

msblaw89 wrote:
Thanks!!!! :D
It was early-ish. I sent it in towards the end of October.

msblaw89

Gold

Post by msblaw89 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:05 pm

Oh no! The Mich website is down for me

addy11

Bronze

Post by addy11 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:06 pm

thatkid wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:
Thanks!!!! :D
It was early-ish. I sent it in towards the end of October.
Cool stuff. Congrats!

Michigan has been pretty chilly toward me, but as a late October applicant I will retain hope.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:06 pm

MumofCad wrote:My number 1 advice to anyone thinking of applying to law school in the future will be to set up your LSAC account with an email account you don't use for junk email and random internet accounts. I was just mulling taking the LSAT when I did and used the same stupid hotmail account when I went to apply, because its my "internet account" email. It leads to so much ambiguity and confusion. My KB1 email ended up in the SPAM, causing an unnecessary day of anxiety. I never received a single email from Yale and finally had to contact them asking if they had received my application. I did find the Michigan email about getting in my SPAM. I thought the emails were over so I haven't been checking my SPAM folder at all since then. It just dumps every few days, and now I come to find out these things might just be emailed. Argh. Oh well. I'll ask them to update my email to another account and hope I didn't miss anything critical from them or any other school. Back to checking my Spam folder too.
Can't you simply...change the email listed on LSAC?

MumofCad

Silver

Post by MumofCad » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:14 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
MumofCad wrote:My number 1 advice to anyone thinking of applying to law school in the future will be to set up your LSAC account with an email account you don't use for junk email and random internet accounts. I was just mulling taking the LSAT when I did and used the same stupid hotmail account when I went to apply, because its my "internet account" email. It leads to so much ambiguity and confusion. My KB1 email ended up in the SPAM, causing an unnecessary day of anxiety. I never received a single email from Yale and finally had to contact them asking if they had received my application. I did find the Michigan email about getting in my SPAM. I thought the emails were over so I haven't been checking my SPAM folder at all since then. It just dumps every few days, and now I come to find out these things might just be emailed. Argh. Oh well. I'll ask them to update my email to another account and hope I didn't miss anything critical from them or any other school. Back to checking my Spam folder too.
I think I could have if I'd realized earlier in the cycle. Now its on all my apps so the schools use it anyways. Most have changed over anyhow as I've realized it was a problem. I just didn't think Michigan would be using email only to contact anymore since its has that mail section, where the other email showed up, and I stopped checking since I switched over my other communications for the schools that I've been accepted to. Even if I update my email on LSAC now, the schools won't do it without me contacting them (which I am now going to do just do). Its just a pain. Don't almost all the other schools snail mail or call with merit awards? That's been my experience so I just had put it out of my mind. Just when you think you are safe not to stalk a TLS thread....

Samara

Gold

Post by Samara » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:57 pm

MumofCad wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:
I think I could have if I'd realized earlier in the cycle. Now its on all my apps so the schools use it anyways. Most have changed over anyhow as I've realized it was a problem. I just didn't think Michigan would be using email only to contact anymore since its has that mail section, where the other email showed up, and I stopped checking since I switched over my other communications for the schools that I've been accepted to. Even if I update my email on LSAC now, the schools won't do it without me contacting them (which I am now going to do just do). Its just a pain. Don't almost all the other schools snail mail or call with merit awards? That's been my experience so I just had put it out of my mind. Just when you think you are safe not to stalk a TLS thread....
You could also try not using hotmail for anything, ever, as it sucks. :P

MumofCad

Silver

Post by MumofCad » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:59 pm

Samara wrote:
MumofCad wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:
You could also try not using hotmail for anything, ever, as it sucks. :P
Hahahaha - you are absolutely right. I was already told I was showing my age at having a hotmail account when all went wrong in the Yale thread. I must say, I have had this email address since 1996 roughly. You all were probably still in cribs. ;)

ETA: Just heard back from Michigan. I am officially a totally internet-challenged dummy. I did miss the email. Thank you thank you thank you TLS. I guess without checking here, I would have just missed the deadline and never even known. That's more than a little frightening! I think this is the first evidence I have seen that obsessively checking all pertinent threads on a daily basis even after being admitting is actually a VERY GOOD IDEA

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

JoeMo

Gold

Post by JoeMo » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:46 pm

MumofCad wrote:ETA: Just heard back from Michigan. I am officially a totally internet-challenged dummy. I did miss the email. Thank you thank you thank you TLS. I guess without checking here, I would have just missed the deadline and never even known. That's more than a little frightening! I think this is the first evidence I have seen that obsessively checking all pertinent threads on a daily basis even after being admitting is actually a VERY GOOD IDEA
I hate you! (and I'm totally jealous of you and if you come to Mich on a Darrow I might kick you as you walk through the quad)

you know that's totally not true and I just have the most admiration for you

aladdinismyprince

New

Post by aladdinismyprince » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:02 am

Question: How long after you get your admissions letter do you receive merit award information? Will you be told if you don't receive any money?

Thanks!

MumofCad

Silver

Post by MumofCad » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:26 am

JoeMo wrote:
MumofCad wrote:ETA: Just heard back from Michigan. I am officially a totally internet-challenged dummy. I did miss the email. Thank you thank you thank you TLS. I guess without checking here, I would have just missed the deadline and never even known. That's more than a little frightening! I think this is the first evidence I have seen that obsessively checking all pertinent threads on a daily basis even after being admitting is actually a VERY GOOD IDEA
I hate you! (and I'm totally jealous of you and if you come to Mich on a Darrow I might kick you as you walk through the quad)

you know that's totally not true and I just have the most admiration for you

Any chance u watch 'The League'? By coincidence, they spent much of last night's episode making fun of people who have hotmail accounts. My husband kept rewinding and playing parts back..it was painful. I never should have told him I still use my hotmail account on occasion.

Aladdin- the email they send out after acceptance says merit awards will be notified within 6 weeks of acceptance beginning in Jan. I wouldn't mark it on your calendar but its probably a good time frame-ish.

JoeMo

Gold

Post by JoeMo » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:07 am

MumofCad wrote: Any chance u watch 'The League'? By coincidence, they spent much of last night's episode making fun of people who have hotmail accounts. My husband kept rewinding and playing parts back..it was painful. I never should have told him I still use my hotmail account on occasion.

Aladdin- the email they send out after acceptance says merit awards will be notified within 6 weeks of acceptance beginning in Jan. I wouldn't mark it on your calendar but its probably a good time frame-ish.
I've been meaning to watch it but now I'm going to wait until it comes out on DVD so that I can watch the whole thing. Looks like a good show.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

msblaw89

Gold

Post by msblaw89 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:51 am

I loathe red text

planeride

New

Post by planeride » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:03 pm

There's no point in checking the Admitted Students log-in until your status checker says a decision has been made, right?

erikjc

Bronze

Post by erikjc » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:11 pm

planeride wrote:There's no point in checking the Admitted Students log-in until your status checker says a decision has been made, right?
The status checker won't update until you've received your letter in the mail, or close to that date. ASW updates the day after they make the decision, so it's faster.

emkay625

Gold

Post by emkay625 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:02 pm

Anybody have good news today?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

msblaw89

Gold

Post by msblaw89 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:55 pm

emkay625 wrote:Anybody have good news today?
I suppose that is a no haha

skers

Platinum

Post by skers » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:08 pm

msblaw89 wrote:I loathe red text

AS33

Bronze

Post by AS33 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:25 pm

Finallly rec'd my online status checker email..I was starting to worry

Themaddh

Bronze

Post by Themaddh » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:27 pm

AS33 wrote:Finallly rec'd my online status checker email..I was starting to worry
+1, how long until we can reasonably be checking ASW?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

aladdinismyprince

New

Post by aladdinismyprince » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:29 pm

MumofCad- Hmmm, I have been admitted (I received the admissions packet and can log onto ASW), but I never got an admittance email. That’s weird...

Thanks for the information...should I be worried I didn’t receive an email?

Samara

Gold

Post by Samara » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:29 pm

aladdinismyprince wrote:MumofCad- Hmmm, I have been admitted (I received the admissions packet and can log onto ASW), but I never got an admittance email. That’s weird...

Check yo spam.

AS33

Bronze

Post by AS33 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:36 pm

Themaddh wrote:
AS33 wrote:Finallly rec'd my online status checker email..I was starting to worry
+1, how long until we can reasonably be checking ASW?
Hmm...I'm going to try to stay away from it and enjoy the holidays (I'm laughing as I type this bc I will probably start checking ASW first thing Monday) sigh

JDizzle2015

Silver

Post by JDizzle2015 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:36 pm

aladdinismyprince wrote:MumofCad- Hmmm, I have been admitted (I received the admissions packet and can log onto ASW), but I never got an admittance email. That’s weird...

I didn't get the "I would hate to..." email until about 2 weeks after my decision. No initial email though.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”