Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
spek
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:40 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby spek » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:16 pm

JoeMo wrote:
spek wrote:Just withdrew from Michigan via email. I'm sad about giving up this great option but I hope it'll help someone who's been waiting for a decision. Good luck everyone!


Well, you're accepted at Harvard, so I think you're more than justified. Good Luck in Cambridge!

EDIT: Or Palo Alto, or New Haven, wherever you decide to go.


Thanks. I hope I'll be lucky enough to have all those options. Good luck to you too!
Last edited by spek on Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
oldad
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:11 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby oldad » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:01 pm

TemporarySaint wrote:Anyone able to get into ASW today?

Red text for me 11/22[/quote]

At least we can have solidarity together. Crossing fingers for tomorrow for us 11/22-ers.[/quote]


Sorry if this has been discussed already, but does 11/22 refer to when you went complete or did your status update to decision on 11/22?[/quote]
Went complete[/quote]

Dang. I've been complete since 11/18, but I'm expecting waitlist at best at this point. Hopefully you guys hear back!

User avatar
skers
Posts: 4950
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:33 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby skers » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:05 pm

oldad wrote:
TemporarySaint wrote:Anyone able to get into ASW today?

Red text for me 11/22


At least we can have solidarity together. Crossing fingers for tomorrow for us 11/22-ers.[/quote]


Sorry if this has been discussed already, but does 11/22 refer to when you went complete or did your status update to decision on 11/22?[/quote]
Went complete[/quote]

Dang. I've been complete since 11/18, but I'm expecting waitlist at best at this point. Hopefully you guys hear back![/quote]

Well I need some excuse to buy some new good whisky.

User avatar
oldad
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:11 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby oldad » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:08 pm

TemporarySaint wrote:
oldad wrote:
TemporarySaint wrote:Anyone able to get into ASW today?

Red text for me 11/22


At least we can have solidarity together. Crossing fingers for tomorrow for us 11/22-ers.



Sorry if this has been discussed already, but does 11/22 refer to when you went complete or did your status update to decision on 11/22?[/quote]
Went complete[/quote]

Dang. I've been complete since 11/18, but I'm expecting waitlist at best at this point. Hopefully you guys hear back![/quote]

Well I need some excuse to buy some new good whisky.[/quote]

If, by some divine act, I am able to get into Michigan, I will go in on a bottle of JW Blue with you.

User avatar
skers
Posts: 4950
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:33 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby skers » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:17 pm

Deal. Provided we drink the entire bottle at ASW.

User avatar
smokeylarue
Posts: 408
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:55 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby smokeylarue » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:23 pm

I've given up on Michigan. Status checker since 11/10 still no word.

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:32 pm

oldad wrote:
TemporarySaint wrote:
oldad wrote:
TemporarySaint wrote:Anyone able to get into ASW today?

Red text for me 11/22


At least we can have solidarity together. Crossing fingers for tomorrow for us 11/22-ers.



Sorry if this has been discussed already, but does 11/22 refer to when you went complete or did your status update to decision on 11/22?

Went complete[/quote]

Dang. I've been complete since 11/18, but I'm expecting waitlist at best at this point. Hopefully you guys hear back![/quote]

Well I need some excuse to buy some new good whisky.[/quote]

Is blue the highest? Can someone reiterate the ranking between red,green, black , and blue? I mean if I get into Michigan I only want the finest of JW

If, by some divine act, I am able to get into Michigan, I will go in on a bottle of JW Blue with you.[/quote]

User avatar
descartesb4thehorse
Posts: 1147
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby descartesb4thehorse » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:59 pm

smokeylarue wrote:I've given up on Michigan. Status checker since 11/10 still no word.


I'm rarely ever this earnest, so I hope people perk up their ears and listen good. It'll be the last time for a while.

If you like love Michigan, and you know you want to graduate as a Wolverine after spending 3 amazing years in Ann Arbor, I hope that you don't for a second give up on them. The waitlist at Michigan is not the kiss of death it is at a place like UVA or Columbia. There are acceptances from the waitlist every year, and I was one of them. (Deferred my place, and will be attending with a sizable scholarship that I never could have hoped for, let alone predicted) If you want Michigan just to throw their scholarship in the face of some place you like more, then whatever. I don't really have much advice for you. Better luck with UVA? But if you actually want Michigan, and you have the effort, compelling reasons, and numbers that are at least in the shadows of their 25ths, wait it out. Do what you have to do. Write the LOCIs and make a plan for what you could do in a year off. I don't regret my decision for a minute. And if you need any help along the way, feel free to PM me.

And with that, I'll leave you to your mass hysteria. Good luck!

User avatar
Campagnolo
Posts: 906
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Campagnolo » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:39 am

Soooooooo muuuuuuuuuuuuuuch reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed

ketchup
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:05 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ketchup » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:07 am

Is it too early to send that pre-waitlist LOCI? :roll:

curiousgeorgia
Posts: 291
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby curiousgeorgia » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:26 am

In order to send some good Michigan vibes my way, I decided to dedicate my new avatar to one of my favorite Michigan grads. I hope it works some voodoo magic and I see an acceptance soon, I've been complete for over a month (11/10) :(

Good luck to everyone still anxiously waiting/checking ASW every day!

User avatar
thelawyler
Posts: 902
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:00 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby thelawyler » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:36 am

ketchup wrote:Is it too early to send that pre-waitlist LOCI? :roll:

yes

User avatar
UnamSanctam
Posts: 7159
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:17 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby UnamSanctam » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:00 am

Like an above poster, I send you my tar bearing gifts.

User avatar
oldad
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:11 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby oldad » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:14 am

Is blue the highest? Can someone reiterate the ranking between red,green, black , and blue? I mean if I get into Michigan I only want the finest of JW


Blue is the most expensive, then either Gold or Green, and then Black or Red.

User avatar
jetissent
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:33 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jetissent » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:33 am

curiousgeorgia wrote:In order to send some good Michigan vibes my way, I decided to dedicate my new avatar to one of my favorite Michigan grads. I hope it works some voodoo magic and I see an acceptance soon, I've been complete for over a month (11/10) :(

Good luck to everyone still anxiously waiting/checking ASW every day!


Brilliant. :)

User avatar
crooked
Posts: 253
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:23 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby crooked » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:36 am

curiousgeorgia wrote:In order to send some good Michigan vibes my way, I decided to dedicate my new avatar to one of my favorite Michigan grads. I hope it works some voodoo magic and I see an acceptance soon, I've been complete for over a month (11/10) :(

Good luck to everyone still anxiously waiting/checking ASW every day!


This is amazing.

User avatar
JoeMo
Posts: 1518
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:29 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JoeMo » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:56 am

oldad wrote:Is blue the highest? Can someone reiterate the ranking between red,green, black , and blue? I mean if I get into Michigan I only want the finest of JW


Blue is the most expensive, then either Gold or Green, and then Black or Red.


Blue, Gold, Green, (double black, special edition), Black, Red

I'm in on the bottle of blue for ASW. My dad got me a bottle of blue for my birthday. I drank it at graduation. I wish he'd get me one this Christmas too.

User avatar
thelaststraw05
Posts: 1028
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:47 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby thelaststraw05 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:01 pm

JoeMo wrote:
oldad wrote:Is blue the highest? Can someone reiterate the ranking between red,green, black , and blue? I mean if I get into Michigan I only want the finest of JW


Blue is the most expensive, then either Gold or Green, and then Black or Red.


Blue, Gold, Green, (double black, special edition), Black, Red

I'm in on the bottle of blue for ASW. My dad got me a bottle of blue for my birthday. I drank it at graduation. I wish he'd get me one this Christmas too.


I'd go with Oldad's ranking. Gold/green and black/red really depends on what you like in a scotch. I tend to drink red over black, I think it has a better taste for "everyday" drinking. Recently my Lagavulin and Laphroaig have seen more of me than my Johnny.

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:02 pm

So sad, more red text

curiousgeorgia
Posts: 291
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby curiousgeorgia » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:08 pm

crooked wrote:
curiousgeorgia wrote:In order to send some good Michigan vibes my way, I decided to dedicate my new avatar to one of my favorite Michigan grads. I hope it works some voodoo magic and I see an acceptance soon, I've been complete for over a month (11/10) :(

Good luck to everyone still anxiously waiting/checking ASW every day!


This is amazing.


Thanks :D I'm glad it was appreciated!

Still red text for me today, though. Come on, Lauren Lopez, work your magic!

User avatar
JoeMo
Posts: 1518
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:29 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JoeMo » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:10 pm

thelaststraw05 wrote:I'd go with Oldad's ranking. Gold/green and black/red really depends on what you like in a scotch. I tend to drink red over black, I think it has a better taste for "everyday" drinking. Recently my Lagavulin and Laphroaig have seen more of me than my Johnny.


I was going based on price.

Personally, I drink Gentleman's Jack (Tenn) or Buffalo Trace (Bourbon) and Gold or Blue for Scotch.

User avatar
skers
Posts: 4950
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:33 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby skers » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:11 pm

thelaststraw05 wrote:
JoeMo wrote:
oldad wrote:Is blue the highest? Can someone reiterate the ranking between red,green, black , and blue? I mean if I get into Michigan I only want the finest of JW


Blue is the most expensive, then either Gold or Green, and then Black or Red.


Blue, Gold, Green, (double black, special edition), Black, Red

I'm in on the bottle of blue for ASW. My dad got me a bottle of blue for my birthday. I drank it at graduation. I wish he'd get me one this Christmas too.


I'd go with Oldad's ranking. Gold/green and black/red really depends on what you like in a scotch. I tend to drink red over black, I think it has a better taste for "everyday" drinking. Recently my Lagavulin and Laphroaig have seen more of me than my Johnny.


I approve of the change in thread direction to scotch snobbery. Im a single malt guy, so I don't really drink jw, but blue would be a different story. My go to is Macallan 12, but I rotate Laphroaig, Highland Park 18 and Balvenie 15 in there as well.

User avatar
T00L
Posts: 600
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:35 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby T00L » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:14 pm

On the subject of Johnny Walker -

Isn't it funny that Red is the WORST COLOR to see for both JW and Mich?

However (and not to sound too elitist), I think if you're going to shell out for some expensive scotch whisky then it should at least be single-malt. I prefer anything Islay - it burns so good, and i'll be happy to bring a bottle to ASW if I ever hear back....

User avatar
JoeMo
Posts: 1518
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:29 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JoeMo » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:15 pm

TemporarySaint wrote:I approve of the change in thread direction to scotch snobbery. Im a single malt guy, so I don't really drink jw, but blue would be a different story. My go to is Macallan 12, but I rotate Laphroaig, Highland Park 18 and Balvenie 15 in there as well.


That's it, even though it's Cognac, I win

Image

:D

User avatar
thelaststraw05
Posts: 1028
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:47 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby thelaststraw05 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:29 pm

It looks like my hopes of establishing a single malt club may improve drastically with next years class.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aaron1621, AZnative, grades??, MSNbot Media, Nobiggie, okf731 and 14 guests