Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
jfish
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:29 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jfish » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:08 pm

hdsoc wrote:Ohh, thank you for pointing that out to me. Does anybody know if the dollar amount is yearly or total?


Scanning last year's forum, it looks like yearly? It's also confusing for me because I'm a summer starter so I'm not sure if it's for 3 semesters or 2...? I'm guessing the actual letter will clarify that.

User avatar
foxylaxy
Posts: 165
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:06 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby foxylaxy » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:14 pm

hdsoc wrote:
46nyc wrote:I don't know if anyone has said this yet, but I got a scholarship letter in the mail today from Michigan! It still does not say anything about a scholarship letter in my Mail and Money section, though, so if you don't have it, don't worry! You might still be getting one


Congrats! It says something about a scholarship letter in my Mail and Money section and I haven't received one yet...maybe it's some sort of reverse psychology trick.


On the GULC thread, a lot of people received mail over a week late because of the holiday (stamp from school is a week earlier than the postmark date) so it is likely this affected your scholarship letter. I haven't received mine either and I'm a 4 hour (or less?) drive to Ann Arbor -__-

TMC116
Posts: 287
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:08 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby TMC116 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:28 pm

jfish wrote:
hdsoc wrote:Ohh, thank you for pointing that out to me. Does anybody know if the dollar amount is yearly or total?


Scanning last year's forum, it looks like yearly? It's also confusing for me because I'm a summer starter so I'm not sure if it's for 3 semesters or 2...? I'm guessing the actual letter will clarify that.


It's difficult to say whether it's monthly or yearly. Michigan gives money to a high percentage of matriculating students (i think 60ish%) but, understandably, doesn't give very much to each individually (~$8,000).

So if your scholarship is around 8,000, then it's probably total. If you see something in the $2000 to $3000 range, it's probably yearly. Something to keep in mind.

law2015
Posts: 398
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:29 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby law2015 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:38 pm

For some reason I can't login to ASW for the past few days. Anyone else is having the same problem?

46nyc
Posts: 198
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:13 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby 46nyc » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:43 pm

law2015 wrote:For some reason I can't login to ASW for the past few days. Anyone else is having the same problem?


Yes, it keeps timing out on me. I've gotten in like once in the past three days. Just keep trying I guess?

User avatar
crooked
Posts: 253
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:23 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby crooked » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:43 pm

46nyc wrote:
law2015 wrote:For some reason I can't login to ASW for the past few days. Anyone else is having the same problem?


Yes, it keeps timing out on me. I've gotten in like once in the past three days. Just keep trying I guess?


So glad it's not just me.

User avatar
UnamSanctam
Posts: 7166
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:17 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby UnamSanctam » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:45 pm

Try using a different browser. I haven't been able to log in with chrome since the very first time, so I've just been switching to firefox to log into ASW.

User avatar
Entchen
Posts: 722
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Entchen » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:48 pm

vincanity1 wrote:Anyone get off waitlist and find their way to the Darrow? :x

Edit: Meant :'(


I know of one person this happened to, but like 4 years ago (he graduated this past spring).

User avatar
Yeshia90
Posts: 988
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:23 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Yeshia90 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:48 pm

I was just about to post that I couldn't get into the ASW on Chrome after doing so this morning.

Edit: Firefox works.

And I got $18K. Per year (called UM, because I'm that gunnery.)
Last edited by Yeshia90 on Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

law2015
Posts: 398
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:29 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby law2015 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:50 pm

crooked wrote:
46nyc wrote:
law2015 wrote:For some reason I can't login to ASW for the past few days. Anyone else is having the same problem?


Yes, it keeps timing out on me. I've gotten in like once in the past three days. Just keep trying I guess?


So glad it's not just me.


Same here, last time I got in like 2 days ago I saw that my admissions communications tab said that I was to receive a letter with financial aid info and such but there was no date to the right. Since, I have tried using different browsers and nothing works. Im just glad it is not only me.

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:52 pm

Just wondering... can you access ASW only if your status changes to decision made? Or have people been able to log in when it still said complete?

law2015
Posts: 398
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:29 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby law2015 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:54 pm

msblaw89 wrote:Just wondering... can you access ASW only if your status changes to decision made? Or have people been able to log in when it still said complete?


The first time i accessed ASW my status checker said complete, it changed to decision made a few days later.

law2015
Posts: 398
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:29 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby law2015 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:54 pm

Yeshia90 wrote:I was just about to post that I couldn't get into the ASW on Chrome.

Edit: Firefox works.

And I got $18K. I'm guessing per year, but who knows.


Congrats, I am pretty sure that is a per year amount.

User avatar
seahawk32
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:19 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby seahawk32 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:56 pm

Question about Michigan's status checker.

I applied to Michigan on Nov. 29. Out of all the schools I applied to , Michigan is the only one who hasn't e-mailed me info about a status checker. Any explanation?

Themaddh
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:27 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Themaddh » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:58 pm

seahawk32 wrote:Question about Michigan's status checker.

I applied to Michigan on Nov. 29. Out of all the schools I applied to , Michigan is the only one who hasn't e-mailed me info about a status checker. Any explanation?


The answer to this question can be found dozens of times in this thread, use your search function.

law2015
Posts: 398
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:29 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby law2015 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:58 pm

seahawk32 wrote:Question about Michigan's status checker.

I applied to Michigan on Nov. 29. Out of all the schools I applied to , Michigan is the only one who hasn't e-mailed me info about a status checker. Any explanation?


It just takes time, don't worry. I got my status checker three weeks after applying.

46nyc
Posts: 198
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:13 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby 46nyc » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:59 pm

Just wanted to confirm for everyone I was able to log into ASW just now and check the scholarship against the letter, and the amount posted on ASW was definitely per-year.

User avatar
JoeMo
Posts: 1518
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:29 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JoeMo » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:59 pm

seahawk32 wrote:Question about Michigan's status checker.

I applied to Michigan on Nov. 29. Out of all the schools I applied to , Michigan is the only one who hasn't e-mailed me info about a status checker. Any explanation?


eeeeeshhhhh.... it doesn't mean a thing. Michigan is slow. You'll be waiting for at least 3 weeks.

hdsoc
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:08 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby hdsoc » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:01 pm

46nyc wrote:Just wanted to confirm for everyone I was able to log into ASW just now and check the scholarship against the letter, and the amount posted on ASW was definitely per-year.


Really? That is awesome, thank you.

User avatar
seahawk32
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:19 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby seahawk32 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:01 pm

Themaddh wrote:The answer to this question can be found dozens of times in this thread, use your search function.


No thanks. :D

User avatar
crooked
Posts: 253
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:23 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby crooked » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:03 pm

hdsoc wrote:
46nyc wrote:Just wanted to confirm for everyone I was able to log into ASW just now and check the scholarship against the letter, and the amount posted on ASW was definitely per-year.


Really? That is awesome, thank you.


Thank you so much! That's really exciting.

User avatar
UnamSanctam
Posts: 7166
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:17 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby UnamSanctam » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:21 pm

lol at zero awards found in my financial aid section.

splbagel
Posts: 380
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:53 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby splbagel » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:22 pm

UnamSanctam wrote:lol at zero awards found in my financial aid section.


Mine too. But it says they mailed me something over a month ago. Nothing came to my current address, nor to my permanent address... should I call?

freestallion
Posts: 944
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:17 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby freestallion » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:22 pm

Yeshia90 wrote:I was just about to post that I couldn't get into the ASW on Chrome after doing so this morning.

Edit: Firefox works.

And I got $18K. Per year (called UM, because I'm that gunnery.)

Where do you see this amount?

46nyc
Posts: 198
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:13 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby 46nyc » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:26 pm

freestallion wrote:
Yeshia90 wrote:I was just about to post that I couldn't get into the ASW on Chrome after doing so this morning.

Edit: Firefox works.

And I got $18K. Per year (called UM, because I'm that gunnery.)

Where do you see this amount?


The financial aid part of the ASW that said it wouldn't be active until January




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, Cfitz, genjustice, lawschool55, Long shot hero, mav1993, pantsuitchic, trueblue92 and 14 guests