Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sandwiches5000

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sandwiches5000 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:09 pm

outsidethescope wrote:How many of you got a letter with a note from Dean Z?

That skyrocketed Mich to my #1 choice. I love how personal everything seems to be there. It's the complete opposite of my experience with UT (bleh).

Like, a letter via snail mail? Wow! Not meee.

luxxe

Postby luxxe » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:11 pm

That skyrocketed Mich to my #1 choice. I love how personal everything seems to be there. It's the complete opposite of my experience with UT (bleh).

I did, and a lot of other people here did as well. SO nice. That (+the viewbook, of course) made me like Mich a lot more. That campus... :shock:.

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:12 pm

luxxe wrote:

I did, and a lot of other people here did as well. SO nice. That (+the viewbook, of course) made me like Mich a lot more. That campus... :shock:.

Wait, was this with an admit packet or was it just on its own? If the latter: :( Michigan Y U no love me...?

luxxe

Postby luxxe » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:14 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
luxxe wrote:

Wait, was this with an admit packet or was it just on its own? If the latter: :( Michigan Y U no love me...?

LOL I have not been admitted, I wish. It was with the viewbook/fee waiver.

Strange

Postby Strange » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:16 pm

So the viewbooks come after you submit, or do you have to be admitted to get one? Or complete?

Also, anyone know if the "replacement LC" is going to have a similar situation as far as meal plans and all?

outsidethescope

Postby outsidethescope » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:20 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:Wait, was this with an admit packet or was it just on its own? If the latter: :( Michigan Y U no love me...?

I bet the same person that stole all of my birthday presents out of my mailbox stole your letter out of yours.

Seriously though, I wouldn't sweat it. Some girl at my university got in to Mich for the first time last year, and they're probably trying to market to a new base or something.

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:47 pm

luxxe wrote:LOL I have not been admitted, I wish. It was with the viewbook/fee waiver.

Yeah, I didn't get either of those. Michigan hates me.

outsidethescope

Postby outsidethescope » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:51 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:Yeah, I didn't get either of those. Michigan hates me.

[img]

:shock: That's the saddest gif I've ever seen.

I won't believe Mich doesn't love you. I refuse to believe that.

UnamSanctam

Postby UnamSanctam » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:52 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
luxxe wrote:LOL I have not been admitted, I wish. It was with the viewbook/fee waiver.

Yeah, I didn't get either of those. Michigan hates me.

Mich told me I didn't qualify for a fee waiver hours before I sent my ED application. It made me feel confident of my chances.

ralph_pootawn

Postby ralph_pootawn » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:52 pm

Strange wrote:So the viewbooks come after you submit, or do you have to be admitted to get one? Or complete?

Also, anyone know if the "replacement LC" is going to have a similar situation as far as meal plans and all?

i am curious as well

BuckinghamB

Postby BuckinghamB » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:01 pm

blowhard wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L2qoVJmRzc

Watch if you want to see Dean Z dance.

blowhard wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i8krQoP ... re=related

These videos made my day...so glad I'll be in A2 the next three years haha!

mattbarnes123

Postby mattbarnes123 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:02 pm

If you have a merit aid offer would it have been in the acceptance mail packet w/ flash drive?

paul34

Postby paul34 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:09 pm

Last edited by paul34 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MumofCad

Postby MumofCad » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:10 pm

mattbarnes123 wrote:If you have a merit aid offer would it have been in the acceptance mail packet w/ flash drive?

No, I think they make those decisions later. I saw that the Darrow invites last year didn't go out until Jan....and LSN seems to indicate that was the case for other scholarships as well.

Good luck to everyone who got their status checkers today!

No13baby

Postby No13baby » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:17 pm

MumofCad wrote:
mattbarnes123 wrote:If you have a merit aid offer would it have been in the acceptance mail packet w/ flash drive?

No, I think they make those decisions later. I saw that the Darrow invites last year didn't go out until Jan....and LSN seems to indicate that was the case for other scholarships as well.

Good luck to everyone who got their status checkers today!

Yep. The "financial aid award information" page on ASW says it won't be up until January.

icedflames

Postby icedflames » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:30 pm

My acceptance letter just had a short (like three words short) personalization.

Campagnolo

Postby Campagnolo » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:32 pm

Dean Z! Pick me! Right here! Pick me!

UnamSanctam

Postby UnamSanctam » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:36 pm

icedflames wrote:

My acceptance letter just had a short (like three words short) personalization.

"You are awesome"?

anewaphorist

Postby anewaphorist » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:40 pm

Just came across this--the Outlaws of UMich: http://www.umoutlaws.org/#!prospectives

The self-proclaimed "gayest law school ever." I know they are trying to rid the word of its negative connotations and portray UMich in a progressive light, but phrases like, "we have an enormous amount of resident fruit flies," just make it seem like they're trying too hard. Plus, there's the non-sequitur of calling your club "outlaws," while, in the same breath, touting Mich's acceptance of alternative lifestyles.
I love you Mich, but wtf?

erikjc

Postby erikjc » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:45 pm

anewaphorist wrote:Just came across this--the Outlaws of UMich: http://www.umoutlaws.org/#!prospectives

The self-proclaimed "gayest law school ever." I know they are trying to rid the word of its negative connotations and portray UMich in a progressive light, but phrases like, "we have an enormous amount of resident fruit flies," just make it seem like they're trying too hard. Plus, there's the non-sequitur of calling your club "outlaws," while, in the same breath, touting Mich's acceptance of alternative lifestyles.

That website made me lol for a good three minutes. It's pretty awesome though (and makes me think I wrote my PS on the right topic...) :P

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:48 pm

anewaphorist wrote:Just came across this--the Outlaws of UMich: http://www.umoutlaws.org/#!prospectives

I think they're just trying to inject some humor into their description. As a fruit fly (not at AA) myself, I think it's cool that they included the allies to the community in their intro.

Also, I'm fairly sure "Outlaws" refers to being "out" and simultaneously interested in "laws"...not a commentary on how the LGBT community isn't accepted as part of mainstream society. It's just a play on words, lol.

erikjc

Postby erikjc » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:05 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:

I think they're just trying to inject some humor into their description. As a fruit fly (not at AA) myself, I think it's cool that they included the allies to the community in their intro.

Also, I'm fairly sure "Outlaws" refers to being "out" and simultaneously interested in "laws"...not a commentary on how the LGBT community isn't accepted as part of mainstream society. It's just a play on words, lol.

Yeah, Duke's organization is similarly called Outlaw.

freestallion

Postby freestallion » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:06 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:

Also, pretty much every law school has an organization called Outlaws. I know Northwestern has one too!

I also heard Penn has a reputation for being extremely gay friendly.. haha

erikjc

Postby erikjc » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:19 pm

freestallion wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:

Also, pretty much every law school has an organization called Outlaws. I know Northwestern has one too!

I also heard Penn has a reputation for being extremely gay friendly.. haha

Philly in general is gay friendly. But so are Durham and Ann Arbor, so the options are plentiful!

RonnyDworkin

Postby RonnyDworkin » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:14 pm

Re 11/17 stuck status (but "page last updated 11/18") people, either they haven't updated something on their end or we're all in the same boat. I'm hoping it's a very good place??

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”