Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Tiago Splitter
Posts: 15524
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:20 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Tiago Splitter » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:25 am

ralph_pootawn wrote:anyone else's stats checker stuck on the 17th?

Could this mean some news is comin for me? still no accesss to asw.


Yeah mine is stuck there too.

User avatar
UnamSanctam
Posts: 7175
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:17 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby UnamSanctam » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:25 am

ralph_pootawn wrote:anyone else's stats checker stuck on the 17th?

Could this mean some news is comin for me? still no accesss to asw.


My status is only on the 17th, and I literally just got my checker.

User avatar
fingerscrossedxx
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:56 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:26 am

thelong wrote:
UnamSanctam wrote:
thelong wrote:Just got my status checker info this morning.

Submitted 10/31 (ED)
Receipt acknowledgment 11/3
Status Checker 11/18.


....where is my status checker?

ETA 5 minutes later: THERE IT IS

Yessssss join me in neurotic asw checking.


Yes but I'm not sure if it's even worth it at this point! Maybe start the neurotic checking in about a week? Then again I am RD...

User avatar
JoeMo
Posts: 1518
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:29 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JoeMo » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:31 am

thelaststraw05 wrote:Wanted to post something you may not have seen from the Michigan 1Ls/2Ls/3Ls taking questions thread (viewtopic.php?f=4&t=106319&start=1075).

keg411 wrote:I can actually answer the question about the "replacement LC" since I've been looking for apartments close to campus as a 3L and happened to stumble upon a few places that are already "reserved for the incoming 1L class". Here's a link to one of them, and you can probably find the others from here since most seem to be by the same management co:

http://www.primesh.com/forum.htm


YUCK! That place is GROSS.

cmd72215
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:47 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cmd72215 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:33 am

Stuck on the 17th as well. Does that mean they haven't updated yet today? Anyone on the 18th?

dux90
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:35 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby dux90 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:36 am

Also stuck on the 17th. Submitted 10/2, complete 10/12. Fingers crossed for good news....

User avatar
JoeMo
Posts: 1518
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:29 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JoeMo » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:40 am

I think they haven't updated today yet. LOL. You guys crack me up.

dux90
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:35 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby dux90 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:42 am

JoeMo wrote:I think they haven't updated today yet. LOL. You guys crack me up.


Oh come on, indulge our magical thinking!

User avatar
baconpuffs
Posts: 154
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 10:18 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby baconpuffs » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:44 am

JoeMo wrote:
thelaststraw05 wrote:Wanted to post something you may not have seen from the Michigan 1Ls/2Ls/3Ls taking questions thread (viewtopic.php?f=4&t=106319&start=1075).

keg411 wrote:I can actually answer the question about the "replacement LC" since I've been looking for apartments close to campus as a 3L and happened to stumble upon a few places that are already "reserved for the incoming 1L class". Here's a link to one of them, and you can probably find the others from here since most seem to be by the same management co:

http://www.primesh.com/forum.htm


YUCK! That place is GROSS.

That was my first thought as well, but hey, it's got plenty of amenities. The phrase "many include dishwasher" is a bit unsettling, though. If I'm remembering my LSAT prep correctly, many means "at least 2"... I hope there's more than that!

User avatar
Samara
Posts: 3245
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 4:26 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Samara » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:47 am

baconpuffs wrote:That was my first thought as well, but hey, it's got plenty of amenities. The phrase "many include dishwasher" is a bit unsettling, though. If I'm remembering my LSAT prep correctly, many means "at least 2"... I hope there's more than that!

lol to the bolded. It may also mean that you will be rooming with someone who works as a dishwasher.

User avatar
baconpuffs
Posts: 154
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 10:18 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby baconpuffs » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:53 am

Samara wrote:
baconpuffs wrote:That was my first thought as well, but hey, it's got plenty of amenities. The phrase "many include dishwasher" is a bit unsettling, though. If I'm remembering my LSAT prep correctly, many means "at least 2"... I hope there's more than that!

lol to the bolded. It may also mean that you will be rooming with someone who works as a dishwasher.

Oooh, a live-in dishwasher? Count me in.

User avatar
Samara
Posts: 3245
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 4:26 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Samara » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:59 am

baconpuffs wrote:
Samara wrote:
baconpuffs wrote:That was my first thought as well, but hey, it's got plenty of amenities. The phrase "many include dishwasher" is a bit unsettling, though. If I'm remembering my LSAT prep correctly, many means "at least 2"... I hope there's more than that!

lol to the bolded. It may also mean that you will be rooming with someone who works as a dishwasher.

Oooh, a live-in dishwasher? Count me in.

He'll be the Troy to your Abed.

User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:59 am

Should I be worried that I still haven't even gotten a status checker? Applied early Nov, got a "app received" email but no status checker.

User avatar
Samara
Posts: 3245
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 4:26 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Samara » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:00 pm

WhiteGuy5 wrote:Should I be worried that I still haven't even gotten a status checker? Applied early Nov, got a "app received" email but no status checker.

Nope, they're really slow. I don't have one yet, applied 11/9, complete 11/15.

03121202698008
Posts: 3002
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby 03121202698008 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:26 pm

EMZE wrote:
blowhard wrote:Be nice. It was for a culture show about acceptance. How would you feel if you had to sing on video played to 500 of your classmates?


I would feel absolutely awful about it. I'm not tone deaf, I just lack creative talent in any form. Is said talent/culture show compulsory? I would rather know sooner than later so I can withdraw before my hopes become too far gone.

P.S. Which vid are you in? I don't see anyone with a high & tight....



It's not compulsory, people just reach out of their comfort zones. I'm not in any...nor have I had a high and tight since basic training.

User avatar
Strange
Posts: 741
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:23 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Strange » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:41 pm

Samara wrote:
WhiteGuy5 wrote:Should I be worried that I still haven't even gotten a status checker? Applied early Nov, got a "app received" email but no status checker.

Nope, they're really slow. I don't have one yet, applied 11/9, complete 11/15.


They send you complete emails without a status checker?

I applied on 11/8 and only have a received email

User avatar
oldad
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:11 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby oldad » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:50 pm

Submitted on 11/3 and got my status checker and app complete email today 11/18.

User avatar
ScrabbleChamp
Posts: 963
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:09 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ScrabbleChamp » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:54 pm

Does anyone else show status of 11/17 AND "Last updated 11/18/2011" in the lower left corner?

cmd72215
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:47 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cmd72215 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:58 pm

ScrabbleChamp wrote:Does anyone else show status of 11/17 AND "Last updated 11/18/2011" in the lower left corner?


yep, that's what mine shows right now

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:01 pm

oldad wrote:Submitted on 11/3 and got my status checker and app complete email today 11/18.

Do you know when you actually went complete? You got app complete and a status checker in the same e-mail?

EMZE
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:53 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby EMZE » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:02 pm

I applied 11/1 got a complete email 11/7 and remain checkerless.

jungminnee
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:44 pm

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jungminnee » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:05 pm

cmd72215 wrote:
ScrabbleChamp wrote:Does anyone else show status of 11/17 AND "Last updated 11/18/2011" in the lower left corner?


yep, that's what mine shows right now



same. got my heart racing this morning... but still got the red text...

User avatar
ScrabbleChamp
Posts: 963
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:09 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ScrabbleChamp » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:07 pm

EMZE wrote:I applied 11/1 got a complete email 11/7 and remain checkerless.


Well... it's not really a complete email... just an email letting you know they received the stuff from LSAC... are you sure your app is complete (i.e. all LORs received)? I applied a few days after you and already have my status checker. You may want to email them and find out if anything is missing.

User avatar
oldad
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:11 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby oldad » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:07 pm

msblaw89 wrote:
oldad wrote:Submitted on 11/3 and got my status checker and app complete email today 11/18.

Do you know when you actually went complete? You got app complete and a status checker in the same e-mail?

I'm not sure when I went complete exactly. The email I got today said the application materials were "far enough along" for them to give me a status checker, and the status said Complete.

User avatar
oldad
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:11 am

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby oldad » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:09 pm

cmd72215 wrote:
ScrabbleChamp wrote:Does anyone else show status of 11/17 AND "Last updated 11/18/2011" in the lower left corner?


yep, that's what mine shows right now

"What does it all mean, Basil?"




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cyclawps, jstans and 22 guests