Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Davidbentley

Bronze

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Post by Davidbentley » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:22 pm

Zelda wrote:Sorry if this is somewhere back in the many pages of this thread, but on average how long does it take to get the package from Michigan after getting access from ASW?
Check your money and mail link. IIRC, for most it was within a week of the mailing date listed there.

rachelwang712

Bronze

Post by rachelwang712 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:32 pm

Congratulations to all admitted!!

Submitted 16th and no status checker yet. I am seriously considering sending an email to ask if anything is missing.

curiousgeorgia

Bronze

Post by curiousgeorgia » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:42 pm

rachelwang712 wrote:Congratulations to all admitted!!

Submitted 16th and no status checker yet. I am seriously considering sending an email to ask if anything is missing.
They say it could take 3-4 weeks, right? If you don't have anything by Monday, call then.

Strange

Silver

Post by Strange » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:45 pm

It's 3-4 weeks after the confirmation email

Michigan is slow, I would just let it be.

jasonxu89

New

Post by jasonxu89 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:50 pm

I applied 11/13 and no status checker. I sent an email this Monday. They said I should get this week. The lady also told me my file has been under review since 12/7. Hopefully this is helpful.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

rachelwang712

Bronze

Post by rachelwang712 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:55 pm

Thank you all for the input.

I guess I wait until this Friday. It seems once you get the status checker, everything begins to move very fast. Correct me if I am wrong.

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:01 pm

curiousgeorgia wrote:/facepalm debating putting a preemptive lemur pic on this thread before it gets ugly.

But, davidbentley, congrats to you!!
Holy mother of fucking god, I love your tar. SFM.

curiousgeorgia

Bronze

Post by curiousgeorgia » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:04 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
curiousgeorgia wrote:/facepalm debating putting a preemptive lemur pic on this thread before it gets ugly.

Haha thanks! I changed it in the hopes that making my tar one of my favorite Michigan grads would send her magical powers my way and see that I get accepted. So far, still red text though :(

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:17 pm

curiousgeorgia wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:

Haha thanks! I changed it in the hopes that making my tar one of my favorite Michigan grads would send her magical powers my way and see that I get accepted. So far, still red text though :(
I had no idea she was a Mich grad! I looooooveee Draco in AVPM though, might be my fave character XD

"I can't go to Pigfarts, it's on MARS...You know, not all of us inherited enough money to BUY OUT NASA when our parents died!"

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

curiousgeorgia

Bronze

Post by curiousgeorgia » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:20 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
curiousgeorgia wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:

I had no idea she was a Mich grad! I looooooveee Draco in AVPM though, might be my fave character XD

"I can't go to Pigfarts, it's on MARS...You know, not all of us inherited enough money to BUY OUT NASA when our parents died!"
Yup :) All of StarKid went to Mich, and AVPM premiered there. Part of me wanting to get accepted and go to ASW is to visit that theater haha

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:40 pm

curiousgeorgia wrote:Yup :) All of StarKid went to Mich, and AVPM premiered there. Part of me wanting to get accepted and go to ASW is to visit that theater haha
Ohshit, I literally had no clue. That's awesome!! Too bad Darren Criss isn't still there, otherwise I'd want to stalk him soo hard... (/creepy)

glinda

New

Post by glinda » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:54 pm

I'm a long-time lurker, but I had to comment on the AVPM love. I'd be lying if I said the fact that Starkid originated at Michigan wasn't influencing my desire to go there for law school. Currently my first choice, got my status checker last week. Here's hoping we all get accepted and that they premiere their (possible) threequel in Ann Arbor while we are all there!!

curiousgeorgia

Bronze

Post by curiousgeorgia » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:00 pm

glinda wrote:I'm a long-time lurker, but I had to comment on the AVPM love. I'd be lying if I said the fact that Starkid originated at Michigan wasn't influencing my desire to go there for law school. Currently my first choice, got my status checker last week. Here's hoping we all get accepted and that they premiere their (possible) threequel in Ann Arbor while we are all there!!
Yay for joining in on the fun! Say goodbye to your productivity and sanity, haha

Best of luck with Michigan, I hope you hear back soon! Maybe Dean Z can accept us all, and then hook us up with front row tickets to a Starkid reunion. I feel like she has that kind of power, girl can do everything!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

msblaw89

Gold

Post by msblaw89 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:01 pm

curiousgeorgia wrote:
glinda wrote:I'm a long-time lurker, but I had to comment on the AVPM love. I'd be lying if I said the fact that Starkid originated at Michigan wasn't influencing my desire to go there for law school. Currently my first choice, got my status checker last week. Here's hoping we all get accepted and that they premiere their (possible) threequel in Ann Arbor while we are all there!!
Yay for joining in on the fun! Say goodbye to your productivity and sanity, haha

Best of luck with Michigan, I hope you hear back soon! Maybe Dean Z can accept us all, and then hook us up with front row tickets to a Starkid reunion. I feel like she has that kind of power, girl can do everything!
While walking on the treadmill and petting a cat

fltanglab

Silver

Post by fltanglab » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:05 pm

I may have seen a live performance of AVPM before it was even on YouTube...it was amazing.

curiousgeorgia

Bronze

Post by curiousgeorgia » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:08 pm

fltanglab wrote:
I may have seen a live performance of AVPM before it was even on YouTube...it was amazing.
*dying with jealousy* how?!

larsoner

Bronze

Post by larsoner » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:15 pm

rachelwang712 wrote:Thank you all for the input.

I guess I wait until this Friday. It seems once you get the status checker, everything begins to move very fast. Correct me if I am wrong.
Maybe if you are ED ... or if they want you. I've had the status checker since the 3rd of November with no news since.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

MumofCad

Silver

Post by MumofCad » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:58 pm

To those with Darrow invites - does it show up in the Mail area too or did you just get an email? Please tell me that it shows up in the Mail too.

amc987

Silver

Post by amc987 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:09 pm

MumofCad wrote:To those with Darrow invites - does it show up in the Mail area too or did you just get an email? Please tell me that it shows up in the Mail too.
I'm pretty sure it's just an email. I never received anything in the mail, and the communications isn't shown under the "admissions communications" section of Mail and Money.

erikjc

Bronze

Post by erikjc » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:10 pm

amc987 wrote:
MumofCad wrote:To those with Darrow invites - does it show up in the Mail area too or did you just get an email? Please tell me that it shows up in the Mail too.
I'm pretty sure it's just an email. I never received anything in the mail, and the communications isn't shown under the "admissions communications" section of Mail and Money.
How long did it take for the email to come from the time you were able to log into ASW? And did you ever have an award show up on the financial aid page? I've looked back in the thread for this but there seemed to be some discrepancy.

MumofCad

Silver

Post by MumofCad » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:12 pm

amc987 wrote:
Oh great. I sense a very awkward conversation in my future...When did you have to apply by for it?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

amc987

Silver

Post by amc987 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:16 pm

MumofCad wrote:
amc987 wrote:
Oh great. I sense a very awkward conversation in my future...When did you have to apply by for it?
The deadline in the email said January 3rd, but Dean Z said that applicants could ask for and receive an extension because it's a crazy time of year.

And Erikjc, I got the invite about a week after I was admitted via ASW. But I think it was a longer wait for some people who submitted in Sep/early Oct.

MumofCad

Silver

Post by MumofCad » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:18 pm

amc987 wrote:
MumofCad wrote:
amc987 wrote:
The deadline in the email said January 3rd, but Dean Z said that applicants could ask for and receive an extension because it's a crazy time of year.

And Erikjc, I got the invite about a week after I was admitted via ASW. But I think it was a longer wait for some people who submitted in Sep/early Oct.
Oh geez. Well good thing I asked. Seems like its much earlier this year than last.

sanguar

Silver

Post by sanguar » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:27 pm

Mum, search through last year's thread. There were a few waves of Darrow invites, some even after the first ones were awarded.

Don't know if this link works:
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/s ... 9889&ch=-1

MumofCad

Silver

Post by MumofCad » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:55 pm

sanguar wrote:Mum, search through last year's thread. There were a few waves of Darrow invites, some even after the first ones were awarded.

Don't know if this link works:
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/s ... 9889&ch=-1
Thanks! Yeah, I got in pretty early so I think I would have heard from now. The email says starting in Jan they will notify of merit awards and within 6 weeks of your acceptance. Since I was accepted 6 weeks ago in early Nov, I guess that if I don't hear anything by the 2nd week of Jan, that will expire the time frame they give.

My number 1 advice to anyone thinking of applying to law school in the future will be to set up your LSAC account with an email account you don't use for junk email and random internet accounts. I was just mulling taking the LSAT when I did and used the same stupid hotmail account when I went to apply, because its my "internet account" email. It leads to so much ambiguity and confusion. My KB1 email ended up in the SPAM, causing an unnecessary day of anxiety. I never received a single email from Yale and finally had to contact them asking if they had received my application. I did find the Michigan email about getting in my SPAM. I thought the emails were over so I haven't been checking my SPAM folder at all since then. It just dumps every few days, and now I come to find out these things might just be emailed. Argh. Oh well. I'll ask them to update my email to another account and hope I didn't miss anything critical from them or any other school. Back to checking my Spam folder too.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”