Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Gold

Re: Michigan c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Post by 20130312 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:05 pm

Campagnolo wrote:
ColtsFan88 wrote:
This is what I'm worried of. How likely is it to get off UMich's waitlist?
Why worry about this? I mean, there are other fish in the sea.

Case in point:

I mean, this is the view from a dorm, for chrissake.
Is this Northwestern?

JackShepard

New

Post by JackShepard » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:07 pm

NYU, I believe.

RomaRomaRoma

New

Post by RomaRomaRoma » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:09 pm

Wash. Square Park.. NYC.

Gold

Post by 20130312 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:11 pm

Oh, East Coaster fail.

crooked

Bronze

Post by crooked » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:21 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:Oh, East Coaster fail.
:D You can tell by the Empire State Building in the background.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

gatorapplicant

Bronze

Post by gatorapplicant » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:30 pm

T00L wrote:
chem wrote:Anyone from September still waiting?
Yes.
me too

foxylaxy

Bronze

Post by foxylaxy » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:33 pm

InGoodFaith wrote: Is this Northwestern?
NU is on the lakefront, so you get something more like this :D
--ImageRemoved--

Campagnolo

Silver

Post by Campagnolo » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:50 pm

foxylaxy wrote:
InGoodFaith wrote: Is this Northwestern?
NU is on the lakefront, so you get something more like this :D
--ImageRemoved--
I like where this is headed.

Also:

lightswitch

New

Post by lightswitch » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:52 pm

The NYU picture is of the Wash Square Arch, and it's probably not from a dorm. That's from the Kimmel Center, which is right next to the law school.

I'm an undergrad at NYU and I got denied by them. I'll never see that arch again.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

charliep

Bronze

Post by charliep » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:53 pm

i managed to find 2 people on LSN from last year with WL-->Accepted

UnamSanctam

Platinum

Post by UnamSanctam » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:01 pm

charliep wrote:i managed to find 2 people on LSN from last year with WL-->Accepted
http://michigan.lawschoolnumbers.com/ap ... =6&type=jd

7 on that link, plus however many people who got in off the WL that aren't on LSN, plus a possible number that got in off the WL but marked "Accepted" rather than "WL, Accepted". Since the last categories aren't really quantifiable, I'd say it's still not a ton. If you dig through last year's applicant thread those on the WL got emails/called to gauge how many people would get in off the WL (I think).

charliep

Bronze

Post by charliep » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:04 pm

UnamSanctam wrote:
charliep wrote:i managed to find 2 people on LSN from last year with WL-->Accepted

7 on that link, plus however many people who got in off the WL that aren't on LSN, plus a possible number that got in off the WL but marked "Accepted" rather than "WL, Accepted". Since the last categories aren't really quantifiable, I'd say it's still not a ton. If you dig through last year's applicant thread those on the WL got emails/called to gauge how many people would get in off the WL (I think).
i'm good

horrorbusiness

Silver

Post by horrorbusiness » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:18 pm

charliep wrote:
UnamSanctam wrote:

i'm good
relevant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4FIuJA6rnc

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

hyakku

Silver

Post by hyakku » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:34 pm

Ugh, even emailing them makes me want to go more. The admissions officers are always willing to not only answer but actually talk and laugh at my bad jokes. I'd relax on extra stuff though, from my recent convos with them they suggested that I wait to hear something before sending additional materials or loci like stuff. Hoping that's a good thing, who knows though. Lol I basically told them I'd be going if I got in though, there goes my bargaining power :lol:

ScrabbleChamp

Silver

Post by ScrabbleChamp » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:41 pm

hyakku wrote:Ugh, even emailing them makes me want to go more. The admissions officers are always willing to not only answer but actually talk and laugh at my bad jokes. I'd relax on extra stuff though, from my recent convos with them they suggested that I wait to hear something before sending additional materials or loci like stuff. Hoping that's a good thing, who knows though. Lol I basically told them I'd be going if I got in though, there goes my bargaining power:lol:
The thing I like best about Michigan is it really does seem like they don't care about bargaining power... Most people ITT that were admitted ED reported receiving good money. I think Michigan doles out money w/o regard to whether or not they need to to get that person to the school.

Green Glass Windows

Silver

Post by Green Glass Windows » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:04 pm

So... this thread slipped all the way back to the end of the second page, and I freaked out. So yeah

Campagnolo

Silver

Post by Campagnolo » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:36 pm

It slid to the end of the second page because I have been sowing the seeds of destruction in the thread for the last 10 pages or so. See how brilliant I was above? When people starting talking about NU and NYU for an entire page, then got bored and left?

Now I have to start it again. :|

Hey you guys!!! Check this out! Bet you'd like to go here, eh?

I even hear Barry Obams taught here. That would be pretty sweet, eh? Eh? Amirite? Amirite?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

UnamSanctam

Platinum

Post by UnamSanctam » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:39 pm

ScrabbleChamp wrote:
hyakku wrote:Ugh, even emailing them makes me want to go more. The admissions officers are always willing to not only answer but actually talk and laugh at my bad jokes. I'd relax on extra stuff though, from my recent convos with them they suggested that I wait to hear something before sending additional materials or loci like stuff. Hoping that's a good thing, who knows though. Lol I basically told them I'd be going if I got in though, there goes my bargaining power:lol:
The thing I like best about Michigan is it really does seem like they don't care about bargaining power... Most people ITT that were admitted ED reported receiving good money. I think Michigan doles out money w/o regard to whether or not they need to to get that person to the school.
Plus Michigan doesn't really play around with their scholarships once they're offered. What you see is what you get according to people on this site. The only rare exception I've ever heard of is if someone was offered no scholly and a massive scholly at a peer school, but even then they don't budge much.

Killingly

Silver

Post by Killingly » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:42 pm

UnamSanctam wrote:
ScrabbleChamp wrote:
Plus Michigan doesn't really play around with their scholarships once they're offered. What you see is what you get according to people on this site. The only rare exception I've ever heard of is if someone was offered no scholly and a massive scholly at a peer school, but even then they don't budge much.
Just wondering, but do you think they'd think I was rude if I asked for a small scholly? I didn't get anything, and I'd be happy to pay sticker, but even moar happy to pay somewhat less than sticker.

Elliott_Smith

Bronze

Post by Elliott_Smith » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:51 pm

If you didn't get anything, and have an offer from a peer school, I would definitely get in touch and let them know.

But be polite :)

UnamSanctam

Platinum

Post by UnamSanctam » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:52 pm

Killingly wrote:
UnamSanctam wrote:
ScrabbleChamp wrote:
Just wondering, but do you think they'd think I was rude if I asked for a small scholly? I didn't get anything, and I'd be happy to pay sticker, but even moar happy to pay somewhat less than sticker.
You don't really have much to lose. I'm sure they get it all the time, and it's not as if they'll retract your offer of admission.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Killingly

Silver

Post by Killingly » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:54 pm

Elliott_Smith wrote:If you didn't get anything, and have an offer from a peer school, I would definitely get in touch and let them know.

Yeah, but I don't/won't have an offer from the rest of MVP. I know the schollys aren't totally numbers-based because people with lower numbers than me have gotten $, so I was just wondering if I could make a case for myself.

UnamSanctam

Platinum

Post by UnamSanctam » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:59 pm

Killingly wrote:
Elliott_Smith wrote:If you didn't get anything, and have an offer from a peer school, I would definitely get in touch and let them know.

Yeah, but I don't/won't have an offer from the rest of MVP. I know the schollys aren't totally numbers-based because people with lower numbers than me have gotten $, so I was just wondering if I could make a case for myself.
Probably not, what is the closest offer?

steelers2012

New

Post by steelers2012 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:12 pm

Hey guys. I'm sure this has been discussed to death (but I'm new to this site cut me some slack). Anyone have any info as to how Michigan sends out decisions. I'd really appreciate it. Also, my application just went complete on 1/26 any estimates as to the earliest I could hear back?

thanks

soj

Platinum

Post by soj » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:19 pm

steelers2012 wrote:Hey guys. I'm sure this has been discussed to death (but I'm new to this site cut me some slack). Anyone have any info as to how Michigan sends out decisions. I'd really appreciate it. Also, my application just went complete on 1/26 any estimates as to the earliest I could hear back?

thanks
The status checker (which will update daily!) will tell you if you've been accepted. Otherwise, you probably won't know till you get the snail mail. As for when you can expect to hear back, go to the first page and click the LSN link for last year's applicants. Sort the applicants by submit date and you'll be able to see when January submitters usually heard back.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”