UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
EMZE
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:53 am

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby EMZE » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:59 pm

fltanglab wrote:Rejected via email! 167/3.1 RD

Great first response of the cycle -.-


When did you submit/go complete?

Hope I didn't just spend the last two hours on my Why UVA only to send it in and get rejected the same day. Every email I get today will make me wince now. ESPECIALLY because I should be accepting a receipt acknowledgment for my Why UVA...

I hope the email won't be like, nice try, but we've already reviewed and rejected you.

jumister5889
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:14 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jumister5889 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:04 pm

what time of day have the calls been coming in?

User avatar
JoeMo
Posts: 1518
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:29 am

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JoeMo » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:07 pm

jumister5889 wrote:what time of day have the calls been coming in?


I asked the other day and someone told me 1pm PST so like 4pm EST.

User avatar
fltanglab
Posts: 555
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:44 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby fltanglab » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:08 pm

EMZE wrote:
fltanglab wrote:Rejected via email! 167/3.1 RD

Great first response of the cycle -.-


When did you submit/go complete?

Hope I didn't just spend the last two hours on my Why UVA only to send it in and get rejected the same day. Every email I get today will make me wince now. ESPECIALLY because I should be accepting a receipt acknowledgment for my Why UVA...

I hope the email won't be like, nice try, but we've already reviewed and rejected you.


I went complete October 23 and submitted I think the 5th of October.

User avatar
JoeMo
Posts: 1518
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:29 am

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JoeMo » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:37 pm

So after the 15th day if I haven't heard back do you suggest I call them to remind them I exist?

User avatar
citykitty
Posts: 465
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:03 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby citykitty » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:48 pm

JoeMo wrote:
jumister5889 wrote:what time of day have the calls been coming in?


I asked the other day and someone told me 1pm PST so like 4pm EST.



Mine came about 11a or noon eastern.

FloridaCoastalorbust
Posts: 1302
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:43 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby FloridaCoastalorbust » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:36 pm

Just submitted ED - nervous for the next few weeks

User avatar
Worker and Parasite
Posts: 360
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:53 am

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Worker and Parasite » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:35 pm

MumofCad wrote:
Worker and Parasite wrote:Applied ED: 11/4
Waitlisted: TODAY

Good golly that was a speedy process.


Wow, that was fast. Were your numbers competitive? You could share a ballpark if u want. Might be helpful to others trying to decide startegy. I mean that is nice because you can totally try another ED.


Classic splitter, >75% LSAT, <25% GPA, OOS

And yeah can't complain about the ED turnaround time. Of note I didn't receive a status checker or anything like that via email, I assume waitlisted folk don't really need one?

Good luck to you guys. I'll be on waitlist island.


Samara wrote:
Worker and Parasite wrote:

QFawesome 'tar


Same to you :D

User avatar
DonnaDraper
Posts: 280
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:30 am

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby DonnaDraper » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:23 pm

Applied 2 days ago (RD) and don't have a status checker yet. This makes me nervous.

User avatar
sandwiches5000
Posts: 412
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:54 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sandwiches5000 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:28 am

I submitted 10/25 and went complete 10/26 but it never said under review or anything. It said applicants won't start hearing until January though...

Got the status checker on the 26th.

User avatar
sandwiches5000
Posts: 412
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:54 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sandwiches5000 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:32 am

My status checker says this though:


1st Seat Deposit (J.D.) 0.00 .00
2nd Seat Deposit (J.D.) 0.00 .00
LLM Deposit 0.00 .00


Did you guys (who got rejected/waitlisted) have that? I think that's on everyone's but it's only on 2 of my status checkers. (both of them for schools I think I will be rejected by.)

Sorry to hear about the rejects though. I'm expecting that as well based on my numbers.

MumofCad
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby MumofCad » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:25 am

You need to stop overthinking the seat deposit and status checker thing. Stop worrying about it. Everyone sees the same thing from the same schools until a decision is made. You are really over analyzing, as everyone said repeatedly on the other thread too.. UVA had a glitch that allowed us to see things early in the cycle, but they've fixed it, and now we all have the same info. If numbers start showing up there, it will be after you get an acceptance call or a WL/reject email. I know it sucks, but all this worrying and looking for signs isn't going to change the end result or make you more aware of it coming. You just have to wait it out and try not to drive yourself to insanity in the process lol.

User avatar
sandwiches5000
Posts: 412
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:54 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sandwiches5000 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:59 am

MumofCad wrote:You need to stop overthinking the seat deposit and status checker thing. Stop worrying about it. Everyone sees the same thing from the same schools until a decision is made. You are really over analyzing, as everyone said repeatedly on the other thread too.. UVA had a glitch that allowed us to see things early in the cycle, but they've fixed it, and now we all have the same info. If numbers start showing up there, it will be after you get an acceptance call or a WL/reject email. I know it sucks, but all this worrying and looking for signs isn't going to change the end result or make you more aware of it coming. You just have to wait it out and try not to drive yourself to insanity in the process lol.


:P

I know. I think I need to stay off the computer.

User avatar
JoeMo
Posts: 1518
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:29 am

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JoeMo » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:00 am

Day #14 from the day I went complete, that means I have to hear today or tomorrow right? Does anyone know what I should do if I don't?

User avatar
tdicks
Posts: 130
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:54 am

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby tdicks » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:02 am

just applied!! guess it's time to start the waiting game....

iamrobk
Posts: 485
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:31 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby iamrobk » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:07 am

Finally went complete today. Hopefully it won't take TOO long to hear back...

MumofCad
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby MumofCad » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:14 am

JoeMo wrote:Day #14 from the day I went complete, that means I have to hear today or tomorrow right? Does anyone know what I should do if I don't?


You know...its tough, but I would wait till 15 business days and then call them and politely say something like, "I applied ED almost a month ago, and while I don't want to pester you during this very busy time, I wanted to check and make sure that there wasn't something missing from my application."

User avatar
JoeMo
Posts: 1518
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:29 am

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JoeMo » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:22 am

MumofCad wrote:
JoeMo wrote:Day #14 from the day I went complete, that means I have to hear today or tomorrow right? Does anyone know what I should do if I don't?


You know...its tough, but I would wait till 15 business days and then call them and politely say something like, "I applied ED almost a month ago, and while I don't want to pester you during this very busy time, I wanted to check and make sure that there wasn't something missing from my application."


Great... thank you for the advice. I just don't want my file to get lost in some pile somewhere but I don't want to annoy the lady in the admissions office either.

I think that makes complete sense.

MumofCad
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby MumofCad » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:43 am

JoeMo wrote:
MumofCad wrote:
JoeMo wrote:Day #14 from the day I went complete, that means I have to hear today or tomorrow right? Does anyone know what I should do if I don't?


You know...its tough, but I would wait till 15 business days and then call them and politely say something like, "I applied ED almost a month ago, and while I don't want to pester you during this very busy time, I wanted to check and make sure that there wasn't something missing from my application."


Great... thank you for the advice. I just don't want my file to get lost in some pile somewhere but I don't want to annoy the lady in the admissions office either.

I think that makes complete sense.


I feel ya. Silence is awful in this situation. I have something similar going on with Yale. I don't want to contact them, but I don't want to keep my mouth shut and then not be considered at all because my app is MIA. Its hard to know where the line is. Hopefully, they are reasonable. I think contacting them once or twice with genuine questions is fine. I assume its the people calling to find out every week that drives them nuts. Who knows though. They may get testy this time of year.

EMZE
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:53 am

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby EMZE » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:05 am

I have contacted a few admissions offices to ask questions. They put the offer out there. I am not fabricating questions just to get an audience, but if something is outside their stated timeline, I have called. That said, I have found them all to be very friendly and helpful. I would not consider calling for a second to ask about a decision unless I was past the decision deadline.

If you have a legitimate question that you are iffy about whether you have waited long enough, I would just send an e-mail. At least then they can deal with it at their convenience. Calling, while better in the way of instant gratification, is also a bit more obtusive for the adcomms.

If you need to burn your anxiety constructively, just start writing LOCI's and Why X essays. Heck, write an LOCI for every 6 weeks til the decision deadline. If you know UVA is it, just write the admissions office and ask to change to ED.

Or if you really can't handle it and are fortunate enough to be in a state where MMJ is an option, go find a caretaker. You're in this for the long haul.

User avatar
JoeMo
Posts: 1518
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:29 am

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JoeMo » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:39 am

EMZE wrote:I have contacted a few admissions offices to ask questions. They put the offer out there. I am not fabricating questions just to get an audience, but if something is outside their stated timeline, I have called. That said, I have found them all to be very friendly and helpful. I would not consider calling for a second to ask about a decision unless I was past the decision deadline.

If you have a legitimate question that you are iffy about whether you have waited long enough, I would just send an e-mail. At least then they can deal with it at their convenience. Calling, while better in the way of instant gratification, is also a bit more obtusive for the adcomms.

If you need to burn your anxiety constructively, just start writing LOCI's and Why X essays. Heck, write an LOCI for every 6 weeks til the decision deadline. If you know UVA is it, just write the admissions office and ask to change to ED.

Or if you really can't handle it and are fortunate enough to be in a state where MMJ is an option, go find a caretaker. You're in this for the long haul.


Hahahahaha.... thanks for the advice. I didn't mean to sound like a lunatic.

I am ED, which is why I was wondering because of the 15 day timeline and I'm on day 14 and haven't heard. Whereas others heard 2 days later and the majority seem to have heard around the 8 or 9 day mark.

However, I also don't want to be that pesty kid that's like "hi, it's day 15 and I'm holding you to it"... but Mumofcad's idea is solid. Wait the 15 business days and then at that point call if need be to say that I went complete a while back and haven't heard back.

User avatar
JoeMo
Posts: 1518
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:29 am

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JoeMo » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:41 am

MumofCad wrote: I feel ya. Silence is awful in this situation. I have something similar going on with Yale. I don't want to contact them, but I don't want to keep my mouth shut and then not be considered at all because my app is MIA. Its hard to know where the line is. Hopefully, they are reasonable. I think contacting them once or twice with genuine questions is fine. I assume its the people calling to find out every week that drives them nuts. Who knows though. They may get testy this time of year.


Yale? I thought they didn't send out anything until March-ish? Well, best of luck. It sounds like you have a really solid chance of getting in. Unfortunately, my LSAT was such that it didn't make the Yale cut so I won't even bother.

MumofCad
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby MumofCad » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:47 am

JoeMo wrote:
MumofCad wrote: I feel ya. Silence is awful in this situation. I have something similar going on with Yale. I don't want to contact them, but I don't want to keep my mouth shut and then not be considered at all because my app is MIA. Its hard to know where the line is. Hopefully, they are reasonable. I think contacting them once or twice with genuine questions is fine. I assume its the people calling to find out every week that drives them nuts. Who knows though. They may get testy this time of year.


Yale? I thought they didn't send out anything until March-ish? Well, best of luck. It sounds like you have a really solid chance of getting in. Unfortunately, my LSAT was such that it didn't make the Yale cut so I won't even bother.


Oh, its not a decision. I just applied 2 weeks ago and haven't gotten the application received email that almost all of the rest of TLS got. It just confirms they got your application. They tweeted the day I applied that they had discovered an LSAC glitch that wasn't notifying them of apps, but had fixed it. So I'm just wondering if despite the fact that LSAC says my app was sent, that it may in fact have gotten lost in no man's land. Its been about a week since the other people who applied at the same time as I did received the confirmation email....I'm not terribly worried, but I decided it was best to at least ask given that they acknowledged an issue via Twitter that day.

User avatar
JoeMo
Posts: 1518
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:29 am

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JoeMo » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:51 am

MumofCad wrote: Oh, its not a decision. I just applied 2 weeks ago and haven't gotten the application received email that almost all of the rest of TLS got. It just confirms they got your application. They tweeted the day I applied that they had discovered an LSAC glitch that wasn't notifying them of apps, but had fixed it. So I'm just wondering if despite the fact that LSAC says my app was sent, that it may in fact have gotten lost in no man's land. Its been about a week since the other people who applied at the same time as I did received the confirmation email....I'm not terribly worried, but I decided it was best to at least ask given that they acknowledged an issue via Twitter that day.


Ahhh, you definitely have legitimate grounds to be somewhat worried (given the tweet and all). My problem with UVA is I have all these other great app waivers that are just waiting to be sent but I don't want to spend the $16 per app to then get accepted the next day to UVA and have to withdraw them. I almost wish they wouldn't commit to the 15 days because then you're not so expectant, kind of like how surprised you were to hear back.

MumofCad
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby MumofCad » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:55 am

JoeMo wrote:
Ahhh, you definitely have legitimate grounds to be somewhat worried (given the tweet and all). My problem with UVA is I have all these other great app waivers that are just waiting to be sent but I don't want to spend the $16 per app to then get accepted the next day to UVA and have to withdraw them. I almost wish they wouldn't commit to the 15 days because then you're not so expectant, kind of like how surprised you were to hear back.


Well the good news is that they are at least very seriously considering admitting you. Otherwise, you would have heard back really quickly like some others. So even if you don't get the news you'd like, I'd feel good about your shot off the WL since it was obviously seriously reviewed.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BrainsyK, lawlawland16, proteinshake and 18 guests