UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
MumofCad
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby MumofCad » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:36 pm

freestallion wrote:
Same here... I really want to have SOMETHING in just for the sake of feeling relief... but I have to keep editing my PS, Resume, addendums, Why essays... etc. Ahh!! I just think we should submit it all and be done with it. Sighhh.


Yeah, and then our reward for getting it all in is waiting at least 2 months to hear anything (if we're lucky) lol. I heart Duke for their merciful PT. I wish they could all develop such a program so we didn't have to wait in limbo for so long!

MumofCad
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby MumofCad » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:49 pm

Anyone want to exchange Why Virginia statements?

User avatar
Yeshia90
Posts: 988
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:23 am

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Yeshia90 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:34 pm

MumofCad wrote:Anyone want to exchange Why Virginia statements?


I'll let you know tomorrow after I've written mine.

MumofCad
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby MumofCad » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:02 am

For the sake of future TLS members:

Submitted RD app today 9/6

Complete: 9/7
Note and convo with adcom: 9/8!

Decision: 9/8 (admit)
Last edited by MumofCad on Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.

User avatar
baconpuffs
Posts: 154
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 10:18 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby baconpuffs » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:20 pm

UVA Regular Decision

Submitted: 9/1/11
Complete: 9/2/11
Decision:

User avatar
Perdevise
Posts: 367
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:45 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Perdevise » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:02 pm

I got an email-based fee waiver today, fwiw.

User avatar
Yeshia90
Posts: 988
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:23 am

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Yeshia90 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:08 pm

Perdevise wrote:I got an email-based fee waiver today, fwiw.

User avatar
BlueJeanBaby
Posts: 630
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby BlueJeanBaby » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:26 pm

I may be waiting to apply next cycle since I need to wait until December at the earliest to retake the LSAT but I am tagging for information. Hello all!

User avatar
Hawkeye Pierce
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:18 am

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:38 pm

Just submitted my UVA application.

User avatar
bk641
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:22 am

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby bk641 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:50 am

PSUdevon wrote:
Perdevise wrote:I got an email-based fee waiver today, fwiw.


applied right away, though im not particularly expecting an admit as i didn't write a why uva.

freestallion
Posts: 944
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:17 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby freestallion » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:07 am

Just applied as well :D My first app is in!

Only about 10 more to go...

ETA: If it says "LSAC Completed" does that mean the application is complete? Or does the school separately tell you the app is complete?
Last edited by freestallion on Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MumofCad
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby MumofCad » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:00 am

If you log-on to see what the status is, it will say Application Status: Application Received and then today mine says instead Application Status: File Complete, Pending Review/Decision

freestallion
Posts: 944
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:17 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby freestallion » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:21 am

MumofCad wrote:If you log-on to see what the status is, it will say Application Status: Application Received and then today mine says instead Application Status: File Complete, Pending Review/Decision


Oh ok, thanks so much! I'll check it tomorrow and see if it's complete.

User avatar
basilseal
Posts: 331
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:32 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby basilseal » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:22 am

Added. Love Charlottesville.

User avatar
Perdevise
Posts: 367
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:45 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Perdevise » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:13 pm

bk641 wrote:
PSUdevon wrote:
Perdevise wrote:I got an email-based fee waiver today, fwiw.


applied right away, though im not particularly expecting an admit as i didn't write a why uva.


Why not? Its one page and could spell the difference. Can you send it in separately?

User avatar
bk641
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:22 am

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby bk641 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:49 pm

i know i should, but there are other things that i need to write. maybe i'll send one in in october (i haven't even gone complete yet)

User avatar
vincanity1
Posts: 544
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:40 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby vincanity1 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:19 pm

My roommate just got a UVA waiver with a 158 and a 3.9. Interesting?

User avatar
Hawkeye Pierce
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:18 am

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:07 pm

vincanity1 wrote:My roommate just got a UVA waiver with a 158 and a 3.9. Interesting?


Not at all. They want to increase their yield % so they want suckers to apply.

User avatar
UnamSanctam
Posts: 7169
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:17 am

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby UnamSanctam » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:11 pm

Hawkeye Pierce wrote:
vincanity1 wrote:My roommate just got a UVA waiver with a 158 and a 3.9. Interesting?


Not at all. They want to increase their yield % so they want suckers to apply.


If UVA uses this logic, then if he's wasting that GPA with that LSAT score, UVA knows how to pick them. I want that GPA so badly.

User avatar
Hawkeye Pierce
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:18 am

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:30 pm

UnamSanctam wrote:
Hawkeye Pierce wrote:
vincanity1 wrote:My roommate just got a UVA waiver with a 158 and a 3.9. Interesting?


Not at all. They want to increase their yield % so they want suckers to apply.


If UVA uses this logic, then if he's wasting that GPA with that LSAT score, UVA knows how to pick them. I want that GPA so badly.


A lot of schools use this logic. :D

User avatar
Yeshia90
Posts: 988
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:23 am

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Yeshia90 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:53 pm

Hawkeye Pierce wrote:
UnamSanctam wrote:
Hawkeye Pierce wrote:
vincanity1 wrote:My roommate just got a UVA waiver with a 158 and a 3.9. Interesting?


Not at all. They want to increase their yield % so they want suckers to apply.


If UVA uses this logic, then if he's wasting that GPA with that LSAT score, UVA knows how to pick them. I want that GPA so badly.


A lot of schools use this logic. :D


Hopefully none of the ones that sent me a fee waiver.

User avatar
Perdevise
Posts: 367
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:45 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Perdevise » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:57 pm

PSUdevon wrote:
Hopefully none of the ones that sent me a fee waiver.


We are all special snowflakes.

User avatar
chem
Posts: 867
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:14 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby chem » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:31 am

Submitted app 9/8

Complete: 9/8

Decision:
Last edited by chem on Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

freestallion
Posts: 944
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:17 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby freestallion » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:05 am

Submitted yesterday. Got an email from UVA today giving me access to the Applicant Status website. Says my application is complete. SO EXCITING!!

ETA:

Submitted app: 9/7

Complete: 9/8

Decision:

User avatar
Hawkeye Pierce
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:18 am

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:00 pm

Just got an email with my login credentials to the status checker as well. Application is complete.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Christinabruin, l3g@l33s3, Yahoo [Bot] and 7 guests