UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Tom Joad
Posts: 4542
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:56 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Tom Joad » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:41 pm

LaCumparsita wrote:Oh my Heavens, he offered me a full tuition scholarship... didn't see that one coming... AHHH!!! This is going to make things really freaking hard!!!


Congrats numbers twin. See you at ASW.

User avatar
JustE
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JustE » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:43 pm

LaCumparsita wrote:Haha thanks guys!!! A heck of a long time ago! I went complete on 9/20! And hadn't heard a word from them since. No Why UVA essay, however just today I sent an update to Mr. Faulk with what I've been doing since I sent my application in, and he responded right away asking me to call him. SO I can't emphasize enough how important it is to show your continued interest!!! Good luck to everyone who is still waiting, and don't be afraid to reach out to them!


Slow and steady wins the race. Slow and steady wins the race. Slow and steady wins the race. Slow and steady wins the race. Slow and steady wins the race. Slow and steady wins the race. Slow and steady wins the race. Slow and steady wins the race. Slow and steady wins the race. Slow and steady wins the race. Slow and steady wins the race. Slow and steady wins the race... CAN'T WAIT!!! LET ME IN NOW!!!!! Please.

....Glad I got that out...

User avatar
LaCumparsita
Posts: 319
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 11:54 am

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby LaCumparsita » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:51 pm

Thank you! Numbers twin! Can't wait to meet you! :)

JustE, slow and steady and persistent wins the race! Show your interest! You can do it!

User avatar
amc987
Posts: 568
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:58 am

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby amc987 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:57 pm

Congrats to LaCumparsita!! I really wish I had asked Dean Faulk a question instead of profusely thanking him like an idiot. Although, I somehow think that your scholarship money wasn't tied to the UVA program that you asked him about :wink:

User avatar
curiouscat
Posts: 315
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 9:57 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby curiouscat » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:46 am

Congrats amc and LaCumparista!! I came home from work to find the "please call me" email in my inbox as well. Counting the hours until it's socially acceptable to call.

gthopeful
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:35 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby gthopeful » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:40 pm

OKAY now im getting worried...i submitted last monday got the status checker last tuesday...but no updates...i mean not even an app recieved update...the status checker is BLANK what do I do!!!

User avatar
zapcaz
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:21 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby zapcaz » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:42 pm

gthopeful wrote:OKAY now im getting worried...i submitted last monday got the status checker last tuesday...but no updates...i mean not even an app recieved update...the status checker is BLANK what do I do!!!


Give it at least 1 more week before you freak out. It can take a while for UVA to receive the paper portion of your app in the mail.

gthopeful
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:35 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby gthopeful » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:44 pm

zapcaz wrote:
gthopeful wrote:OKAY now im getting worried...i submitted last monday got the status checker last tuesday...but no updates...i mean not even an app recieved update...the status checker is BLANK what do I do!!!


Give it at least 1 more week before you freak out. It can take a while for UVA to receive the paper portion of your app in the mail.


Oh ok I didnt even realize UVA waited for paper apps...i know BU does becasue they emailed me saying they do and it can take a couple of weeks but UVA didnt even tell me

User avatar
crumpetsandtea
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby crumpetsandtea » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:28 pm

How long does UVa wait for an LOCI before assuming you're not interested? I'm severely lacking in LOCI inspiration right now.

User avatar
JustE
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JustE » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:54 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:How long does UVa wait for an LOCI before assuming you're not interested? I'm severely lacking in LOCI inspiration right now.


Agreed.

likemike
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:20 am

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby likemike » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:35 pm

My status box in the status checker has always been blank? Is this common or should I contact the school?

User avatar
Perdevise
Posts: 367
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:45 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Perdevise » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:40 pm

Did not expect it, but got the email to call Jason today. Submitted in October. I thought I was waitlist for sure.

PS congrats Cumps on the full ride.

User avatar
so_fetch
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:37 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby so_fetch » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:48 pm

JustE wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:How long does UVa wait for an LOCI before assuming you're not interested? I'm severely lacking in LOCI inspiration right now.


Agreed.

I would just muster up some inspiration and send it in ASAP. Esp after hearing the success story that is LaCumparsita. Just try to figure out some things you like about the school and start writing and I bet you will very soon have some good points. Maybe I am gullible (or good at convincing myself?) but by the end of writing each of my Why X essays, I felt like I really really did want to go to that school. If you already had a Why UVA, I would just paraphrase / briefly recap your previous "reasons" and reiterate how you think you are a good fit and that the school remains (since the time you wrote the Why UVA) one of your top choices. or if you do not want to say that it is "one of".. .cause they are sensitive to yield.. you could say that you can see yourself being successful as a student there,and have a lot to contribute to the community, and would be honored to join class of 2015

gthopeful
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:35 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby gthopeful » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:52 pm

likemike wrote:My status box in the status checker has always been blank? Is this common or should I contact the school?


tagged...im in the same situation so i would like to hear the responses..ive been told dont worry just yet but im an obsessive worrier so its hard

User avatar
curiouscat
Posts: 315
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 9:57 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby curiouscat » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:55 pm

Yes, it's always blank.

User avatar
crumpetsandtea
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby crumpetsandtea » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:38 pm

so_fetch wrote:I would just muster up some inspiration and send it in ASAP. Esp after hearing the success story that is LaCumparsita. Just try to figure out some things you like about the school and start writing and I bet you will very soon have some good points. Maybe I am gullible (or good at convincing myself?) but by the end of writing each of my Why X essays, I felt like I really really did want to go to that school. If you already had a Why UVA, I would just paraphrase / briefly recap your previous "reasons" and reiterate how you think you are a good fit and that the school remains (since the time you wrote the Why UVA) one of your top choices. or if you do not want to say that it is "one of".. .cause they are sensitive to yield.. you could say that you can see yourself being successful as a student there,and have a lot to contribute to the community, and would be honored to join class of 2015

Yeah, I guess I'll just buckle down and crank it out today. I won't be THAT upset if they don't take me off the WL, so I'll just whip one up and send it in. Might as well. :mrgreen:

User avatar
THATSHOWYOUGETANTS
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:43 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby THATSHOWYOUGETANTS » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:53 pm

rejected via email 11:34. no big surprise though 3.7 166

User avatar
KRog
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:40 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby KRog » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:01 pm

LaCumparsita, congrats! Charlottesville is a fantastic town. Especially with your full-ride, you have a lot to think about! At least that's a nice problem to have. :wink:

So maybe I'm not looking far enough back in this thread, but is the story that you sent in a LOCI or a Why UVA because you hadn't heard anything?

Just wondering if I should consider that at this point.... Didn't send one with my app (submitted mid-December). I'm not overly anxious --yet. But if it's known to be helpful, I might consider it!

hobojarpen
Posts: 204
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:31 am

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby hobojarpen » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:09 pm

Got the email, called right after, and I'M IN!
No scholarship mention in the call though - should I be worried?

User avatar
mithriliel
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:56 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby mithriliel » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:14 pm

Just got the WL e-mail, first of the cycle :/
I'm guessing there's little to no hope of a scholarship for WLs if we're ultimately admitted?

User avatar
LaCumparsita
Posts: 319
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 11:54 am

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby LaCumparsita » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:18 pm

Thank you!! I can't wait to visit! The story is that I did not write a Why U.V.A., nor had I heard anything from them, so I sent Mr. Faulk an update to my resume on 1/23 (it wasn't even an LOCI), explaining what I had been doing since I submitted my application in September. About five minutes after sending the email, Mr. Faulk emailed back asking me to call him. When I called, he said I was accepted, and asked if I had any questions. I asked a question that showed that I had done a bit of research, and he then offered me the full-tuition scholarship.

FloridaCoastalorbust
Posts: 1302
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:43 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby FloridaCoastalorbust » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:20 pm

hobojarpen wrote:Got the email, called right after, and I'M IN!
No scholarship mention in the call though - should I be worried?


Scholarships usually mentioned on phone, and definitely in the acceptance letter you'll receive.

User avatar
jetissent
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:33 am

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jetissent » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:28 pm

Just got the WL email. First bad news of the cycle. Oh well, realistically, I knew I wasn't going to accept UVA over the schools I've already heard from so I'm just going to decline the WL and wish the rest of you WLers good luck! :)

juicej
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:08 am

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby juicej » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:31 pm

gthopeful wrote:
likemike wrote:My status box in the status checker has always been blank? Is this common or should I contact the school?


tagged...im in the same situation so i would like to hear the responses..ive been told dont worry just yet but im an obsessive worrier so its hard


Mine was always blank. Applied ED on January 9 or so. First I heard from them was the e-mail asking me to call (and informing me I was in)

User avatar
JustE
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JustE » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:38 pm

JustE wrote:
LaCumparsita wrote:Haha thanks guys!!! A heck of a long time ago! I went complete on 9/20! And hadn't heard a word from them since. No Why UVA essay, however just today I sent an update to Mr. Faulk with what I've been doing since I sent my application in, and he responded right away asking me to call him. SO I can't emphasize enough how important it is to show your continued interest!!! Good luck to everyone who is still waiting, and don't be afraid to reach out to them!


Slow and steady wins the race. Slow and steady wins the race. Slow and steady wins the race. Slow and steady wins the race. Slow and steady wins the race. Slow and steady wins the race. Slow and steady wins the race. Slow and steady wins the race. Slow and steady wins the race. Slow and steady wins the race. Slow and steady wins the race. Slow and steady wins the race... CAN'T WAIT!!! LET ME IN NOW!!!!! Please.

....Glad I got that out...


WL email. Be careful what you wish for!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aquinas, Bing [Bot], hwwong, mudiverse, tangers91 and 20 guests