UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
MumofCad
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby MumofCad » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:24 pm

moshid wrote:borderline RD candidate. applied in early september. never wrote a Why UVa (dumb, i know). getting nervous. better to send a Why UVA now, or wait and see if i get waitlisted and write an loci? what would you do?


I would do both personally.

User avatar
thelawschoolproject
Posts: 1364
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:58 am

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby thelawschoolproject » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:13 am

I think my status checker is broken. That or they rejected me so hard they don't even want me to see that I've been rejected.

User avatar
Take Two
Posts: 552
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:30 am

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Take Two » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:33 am

haha that seems unlikely, what makes you say that? for the most part the UVA status checker doesnt seem to provide much.

User avatar
crumpledq
Posts: 335
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:28 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby crumpledq » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:10 am

According to my status checker, I just went under review at UVA this morning. I was complete around 11/2, I believe. This is my first update since going complete.

User avatar
Nelson
Posts: 2061
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:43 am

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Nelson » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:13 am

crumpledq wrote:According to my status checker, I just went under review at UVA this morning. I was complete around 11/2, I believe. This is my first update since going complete.

Really? How odd. I thought the status checker for UVA never changed after their complete message.

EDIT: Mine changed to under review as well. I guess they're gearing up for the first round of WLs.
Last edited by Nelson on Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
icedflames
Posts: 375
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:04 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby icedflames » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:14 am

crumpledq wrote:According to my status checker, I just went under review at UVA this morning. I was complete around 11/2, I believe. This is my first update since going complete.


Same! I thought I would just be waitlisted at this point. I didnt think there was another stage after complete

fyi

Your application for admission to the University of Virginia School of Law is complete and is under consideration by the admissions committee. If you've applied under the Binding Early Decision option, you will hear back from us within 15 days of the later of (1) when your file became complete or (2) when your residency status has been determined. Most (but not all) Regular Decision option applicants will receive a decision within 6-8 weeks after going into committee review.


User avatar
Campagnolo
Posts: 906
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Campagnolo » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:17 am

Where does the status page change? Just curious, because I haven't been looking at the UVa status checker, and it's been pretty nice not worrying about it.

User avatar
Boston_NYG2245
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:00 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Boston_NYG2245 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:19 am

Campagnolo wrote:Where does the status page change? Just curious, because I haven't been looking at the UVa status checker, and it's been pretty nice not worrying about it.


The paragraph at the top of the page. Mine changed as well this morning. The font size changed and the wording changed slightly as well.

addy11
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:01 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby addy11 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:23 am

Boston_NYG2245 wrote:
Campagnolo wrote:Where does the status page change? Just curious, because I haven't been looking at the UVa status checker, and it's been pretty nice not worrying about it.


The paragraph at the top of the page. Mine changed as well this morning. The font size changed and the wording changed slightly as well.


Same. Boston, Crump... we seem to be synching up.

User avatar
crumpledq
Posts: 335
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:28 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby crumpledq » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:24 am

Nelson wrote:
crumpledq wrote:According to my status checker, I just went under review at UVA this morning. I was complete around 11/2, I believe. This is my first update since going complete.

Really? How odd. I thought the status checker for UVA never changed after their complete message.


I know, right? Perhaps this is a bad sign, since I'm a big splitter. And paranoid, as you can tell.

The first sentence of the header went from "Your application for admission to the University of Virginia School of Law is complete." to "Your application for admission to the University of Virginia School of Law is complete AND IS UNDER CONSIDERATION BY THE ADMISSIONS COMMITTEE" (caps for emphasis only). Also, they removed the second sentence that said "If you would like to learn more information about how Admissions Office decisions are communicated to applicants, please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) on the U.Va. Law website (http://www.law.virginia.edu/admissions)."

poe
Posts: 301
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:23 am

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby poe » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:29 am

Mine also changed. Pretty sure I'm in for a waitlist (didn't write a "Why UVA").

ralph_pootawn
Posts: 265
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:14 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ralph_pootawn » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:32 am

mine changed too. applied late september

User avatar
username08
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:10 am

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby username08 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:33 am

Same here with the updated header.

maxpower430
Posts: 410
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:16 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby maxpower430 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:34 am

Mine changed as well. Any reason you guys think this means WL?

User avatar
lawschool899
Posts: 196
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:11 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby lawschool899 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:36 am

header change. applied early november. they probably did this to all RD applicants?

User avatar
Nelson
Posts: 2061
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:43 am

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Nelson » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:41 am

maxpower430 wrote:Mine changed as well. Any reason you guys think this means WL?

I think most people who applied early in the cycle and haven't heard are just assuming we're WLed because UVA is notoriously WL-happy.

addy11
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:01 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby addy11 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:42 am

maxpower430 wrote:Mine changed as well. Any reason you guys think this means WL?


IDK. I have really good numbers for UVA, wrote a decent "Why UVA?" and have other UVA-specific things in my app that would make me a good candidate. Unfortunately I have not heard back yet, which is troubling.

I hate to keep saying "YP" because it makes me sound really arrogant, but it seems like this cycle a ton of people with 95% numbers are getting WL/Deferred at MVP/DNCG. The people who get in with really great numbers tend to be the ones invited to apply for full scholarships.

User avatar
crumpledq
Posts: 335
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:28 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby crumpledq » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:42 am

lawschool899 wrote: they probably did this to all RD applicants?


The number and diversity of folks who've gotten the update indicates you may be right. However, they have already admitted RD folks with the same complete dates as many of us, which implies that we are not among the first 'tier' of RD acceptances. Also, our dates seem to range from September - November, so if they are grouping the updates by a single criterion, it isn't date--so it could be by decision outcome.
Last edited by crumpledq on Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Perdevise
Posts: 367
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:45 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Perdevise » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:44 am

Mine went under review as well. I would be unpleasantly surprised by a WL, as UVA seems to have accepted tons with my numbers and I wrote what I believe to be an excellent Why UVA.

User avatar
Nelson
Posts: 2061
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:43 am

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Nelson » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:48 am

addy11 wrote:
maxpower430 wrote:Mine changed as well. Any reason you guys think this means WL?


IDK. I have really good numbers for UVA, wrote a decent "Why UVA?" and have other UVA-specific things in my app that would make me a good candidate. Unfortunately I have not heard back yet, which is troubling.

I hate to keep saying "YP" because it makes me sound really arrogant, but it seems like this cycle a ton of people with 95% numbers are getting WL/Deferred at MVP/DNCG. The people who get in with really great numbers tend to be the ones invited to apply for full scholarships.


I think MVP have always been like this to some extent. UVA in particular is famous for WLing many candidates with the numbers (just check out their LSN graphs from past cycles) and they rely heavily on their ED candidates. Still, some people have been hearing back after submitting months ago, so I wouldn't give up entirely yet.

User avatar
crooked
Posts: 253
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:23 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby crooked » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:51 am

Also under committee review as of today. For reference, submitted in mid- to late-September and wrote a (I think strong) why UVA.

User avatar
Take Two
Posts: 552
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:30 am

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Take Two » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:53 am

to add to the baseless speculation I recieved the update submitted mid november (with a why UVA), kinda makes me think it was a generic RD update :D

User avatar
AmandaPB
Posts: 430
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:37 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby AmandaPB » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:54 am

Mine changed, too. Submitted SEPTEMBER THIRDDDD. Welcome to the waitlist.

User avatar
icedflames
Posts: 375
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:04 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby icedflames » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:02 pm

AmandaPB wrote:Mine changed, too. Submitted SEPTEMBER THIRDDDD. Welcome to the waitlist.


MUST BELIEEEVE! (but you're in Stanford already!)

User avatar
amc987
Posts: 568
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:58 am

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby amc987 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:05 pm

Mine changed today as well. Must be most RD applicants who haven't already been admitted. I am guessing that I'll be WL'd/dinged at UVA. I applied a little before Halloween, didn't write a why UVA, and haven't heard anything until now. But we'll see...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: eageragnostic and 10 guests