UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Hawkeye Pierce
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:18 am

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:54 am

freestallion wrote:
Walt15 wrote:I think they are editing the computer system right now, my status has disappeared as well. Prior to everything disappearing, when I went complete my status said something like application complete/pending review. I think that is what is supposed to be there before changing to congratulations. If by chance you do see the congratulations, like mumofcad said you're 100% in, but I was told they want to call and tell you over the phone before that change shows up.


Mine has disappeared as well.


Same here: I was like WTF is going on?!

User avatar
baconpuffs
Posts: 154
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 10:18 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby baconpuffs » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:05 pm

Hawkeye Pierce wrote:
freestallion wrote:
Walt15 wrote:I think they are editing the computer system right now, my status has disappeared as well. Prior to everything disappearing, when I went complete my status said something like application complete/pending review. I think that is what is supposed to be there before changing to congratulations. If by chance you do see the congratulations, like mumofcad said you're 100% in, but I was told they want to call and tell you over the phone before that change shows up.


Mine has disappeared as well.


Same here: I was like WTF is going on?!

My heart stopped for a few seconds as I thought they were close to posting my decision. When I saw you're all getting the same thing, well, cue Pat Benatar.

User avatar
vincanity1
Posts: 544
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:40 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby vincanity1 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:06 pm

Will we all definitely get a call if admitted or is that just for ED?

User avatar
Hawkeye Pierce
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:18 am

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:10 pm

baconpuffs wrote:
Hawkeye Pierce wrote:
freestallion wrote:
Walt15 wrote:I think they are editing the computer system right now, my status has disappeared as well. Prior to everything disappearing, when I went complete my status said something like application complete/pending review. I think that is what is supposed to be there before changing to congratulations. If by chance you do see the congratulations, like mumofcad said you're 100% in, but I was told they want to call and tell you over the phone before that change shows up.


Mine has disappeared as well.


Same here: I was like WTF is going on?!

My heart stopped for a few seconds as I thought they were close to posting my decision. When I saw you're all getting the same thing, well, cue Pat Benatar.


Oh man, same here. :lol: Knew it would be that song.

MumofCad
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby MumofCad » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:10 pm

Yes, sounds like Walt had the same convo I had with the Dean this AM. UVA will be calling admits to congratulate them before the status checker updates to Congratulations. There was an error that was allowing us to see them. So I guess once you go complete you can probably just hang back because people should'nt be finding out from the status checker that they are in. They were working on the glitch that is supposed to prevent that.

I've only applied to Chicago, but the status checkers are exactly the same so I'm thinking they've gone to a flex status checker system too that may have some bugs.

And all will get a call. I'm RD

90LawSchool
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:46 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby 90LawSchool » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:56 pm

Has anyone heard back for RD? In my status checker it says:

"If you would like to learn more information about how Admissions Office decisions are communicated to applicants, please read the Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) on the U.Va. Law website (http://www.law.virginia.edu/admissions). Regular Decision applicants will likely hear from us starting in January."

I do not have any status listed

User avatar
Xifeng
Posts: 2562
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:59 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Xifeng » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:00 pm

What they did last year in terms of calls was they sent you an email asking you to call them. So assuming they keep up that pattern, you don't need to stare at your phones or freak out when it rings.

Freak out when you see the (1) in gmail instead <3

User avatar
Cavgirl
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:51 am

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Cavgirl » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:03 pm

90LawSchool wrote:Has anyone heard back for RD? In my status checker it says:

"If you would like to learn more information about how Admissions Office decisions are communicated to applicants, please read the Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) on the U.Va. Law website (http://www.law.virginia.edu/admissions). Regular Decision applicants will likely hear from us starting in January."

I do not have any status listed


I'm RD and my status says, "Complete, Pending Review/Decision".

User avatar
baconpuffs
Posts: 154
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 10:18 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby baconpuffs » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:17 pm

Xifeng wrote:What they did last year in terms of calls was they sent you an email asking you to call them. So assuming they keep up that pattern, you don't need to stare at your phones or freak out when it rings.

Freak out when you see the (1) in gmail instead <3

Is this for all decisions or just admits?

User avatar
Xifeng
Posts: 2562
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:59 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Xifeng » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:18 pm

baconpuffs wrote:
Xifeng wrote:What they did last year in terms of calls was they sent you an email asking you to call them. So assuming they keep up that pattern, you don't need to stare at your phones or freak out when it rings.

Freak out when you see the (1) in gmail instead <3

Is this for all decisions or just admits?


They don't want you to call them so they can tell you they rejected you. I believe that that is through status checker or mail. If you get one of those emails, in years past you were definitely accepted.

User avatar
baconpuffs
Posts: 154
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 10:18 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby baconpuffs » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:20 pm

Xifeng wrote:
baconpuffs wrote:
Xifeng wrote:What they did last year in terms of calls was they sent you an email asking you to call them. So assuming they keep up that pattern, you don't need to stare at your phones or freak out when it rings.

Freak out when you see the (1) in gmail instead <3

Is this for all decisions or just admits?


They don't want you to call them so they can tell you they rejected you. I believe that that is through status checker or mail. If you get one of those emails, in years past you were definitely accepted.

Whew. Having to call only to find out you've been rejected would be particularly cruel.

User avatar
treeborn
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:16 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby treeborn » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:31 pm

I'm ED, and went complete 9/2, and had a soft interview with Dean Richard on 9/6. My status checker just went blank, and no longer says whether my file is complete/pending review. Is this a glitch?
Last edited by treeborn on Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
so_fetch
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:37 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby so_fetch » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:00 pm

I'm nowhere near being able to submit yet.. but just wondering, what do you guys mean by "soft interview" with Dean Richard? Did she just call you out of the blue, or did you get an email with a specific time? What did you discuss? Has everyone who has been accepted had this phone convo? Did U.Va. do anything like this last year or is this a new thing w/ the arrival of Dean Richard?

User avatar
Dinho
Posts: 75
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:59 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Dinho » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:10 pm

Just got off the phone with Jason Dugas and I've been accepted. Numbers are in my profile. I'm absolutely thrilled about attending UVA and glad this process is finally over!

lawschoolapp93
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:39 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby lawschoolapp93 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:48 pm

Congrats Dinho! Did you get an email first? or did the call come out of the blue?

For ED apps - if there is a w/l or rejection :cry: - do you think it will be on the status checker?

User avatar
Yeshia90
Posts: 988
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:23 am

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Yeshia90 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:48 pm

Dinho wrote:Just got off the phone with Jason Dugas and I've been accepted. Numbers are in my profile. I'm absolutely thrilled about attending UVA and glad this process is finally over!


Wow, as long as you're not an Olympic Gold Medalist/Nobel Prize Winner/Astronaut Mike Dexter, I feel a little better about my cycle.

But more importantly: CONGRATS, Dinho!
Last edited by Yeshia90 on Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
soj
Posts: 7735
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby soj » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:48 pm

Dinho wrote:Just got off the phone with Jason Dugas and I've been accepted. Numbers are in my profile. I'm absolutely thrilled about attending UVA and glad this process is finally over!

Wow, congrats! Must feel great to get the process over with so early and after only one application.

User avatar
baconpuffs
Posts: 154
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 10:18 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby baconpuffs » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:52 pm

Dinho wrote:Just got off the phone with Jason Dugas and I've been accepted. Numbers are in my profile. I'm absolutely thrilled about attending UVA and glad this process is finally over!

Congrats!

User avatar
Dinho
Posts: 75
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:59 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Dinho » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:57 pm

lawschoolapp93 wrote:Congrats Dinho! Did you get an email first? or did the call come out of the blue?

For ED apps - if there is a w/l or rejection :cry: - do you think it will be on the status checker?


The call came out of the blue. I was waitlisted last cycle and it did show up on the status checker, but they had sent me an email saying so before the status checker changed.

Walt15
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:19 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Walt15 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:07 pm

Outside of the original email with my status checker info, I have yet to receive any emails from UVA. The soft interview I had was unsolicited and was about my app weaknesses and why UVA. The second call was a congratulations here's what to expect in the coming months and please withdrawal other apps per ED agreement call. Both were with AD Richard. So for my cycle there were no emails asking me to call as in years past, I did answer each 434 number on the first call though so maybe they would have sent an email had I not answered.

MumofCad
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby MumofCad » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:00 pm

Walt15 wrote:Outside of the original email with my status checker info, I have yet to receive any emails from UVA. The soft interview I had was unsolicited and was about my app weaknesses and why UVA. The second call was a congratulations here's what to expect in the coming months and please withdrawal other apps per ED agreement call. Both were with AD Richard. So for my cycle there were no emails asking me to call as in years past, I did answer each 434 number on the first call though so maybe they would have sent an email had I not answered.


I guess I'll answer too since mine was a tad different. I got an email the day after I submitted asking me to call Dean Richard to discuss my application (it had a nice superlative prior to app so I wasn't too worried lol). My soft interview was very soft, no questions about holes really just told me what she liked about my app, but did then ask if I ever had time to do anything fun or sleep. She also asked a question I expect all to ask about my PhD since my school transcript has my calculated date midway through my first year of law school, but I'm on schedule with my supervisor to be done about 6 months early, so it was just checking to be sure that was still the case. That was really it. Then a congratulatory call this morning, just saying I'd have my package by the end of the week and hopefully be coming to see them soon. Both calls were very friendly. I was all prepared to answer questions like Walt got about why UVA, but it was in my PS and for whatever reason, they didn't ask again, so I guess it was enough.

Also on the RD question, she specifically said something this morning that implied RD apps are not really being considered right now and won't for a few months. So I'd sit tight and expect they will be hussling for now to get the ED class set.I wouldn't worry about that 'January' message or read anything into it. I think that is generally the policy, but there may be a few exceptions here or there for whatever reason.

User avatar
so_fetch
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:37 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby so_fetch » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:37 pm

Walt15 and MumofCad- thanks for the details and congrats! :)

User avatar
treeborn
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:16 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby treeborn » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:31 pm

Just got the call from Jason Dugas, and I'm admitted! My stats are in my profile. I'm so stoked on going to Virginia next year. Good luck to all you guys on your applications!

User avatar
Yeshia90
Posts: 988
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:23 am

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Yeshia90 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:37 pm

treeborn wrote:Just got the call from Jason Dugas, and I'm admitted! My stats are in my profile. I'm so stoked on going to Virginia next year. Good luck to all you guys on your applications!


Talk about a no-stress cycle. Congrats!

User avatar
so_fetch
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:37 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby so_fetch » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:12 pm

treeborn wrote:Just got the call from Jason Dugas, and I'm admitted! My stats are in my profile. I'm so stoked on going to Virginia next year. Good luck to all you guys on your applications!


Congrats! In state or out of state?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Assasindowntheavenue, Bing [Bot], doc b, jer0689, joezze, patrickkpaul, spursforever and 11 guests