UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
JuneLSATFail

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JuneLSATFail » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:26 pm

poe wrote:I seem to have been passed over (submitted 10/4). Was that "Why UVA" essay really that important? I don't even remember it being on the app...

How do you send a Why UVA if you didn't send in it with your application in the first place?

JoeMo

Postby JoeMo » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:29 pm

JuneLSATFail wrote:
poe wrote:I seem to have been passed over (submitted 10/4). Was that "Why UVA" essay really that important? I don't even remember it being on the app...

How do you send a Why UVA if you didn't send in it with your application in the first place?

Email it with your LSAC # and ask for it to be added to your file.

JuneLSATFail

Postby JuneLSATFail » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:00 pm

JoeMo wrote:
JuneLSATFail wrote:

Email it with your LSAC # and ask for it to be added to your file.

Thanks

LaCumparsita

Postby LaCumparsita » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:47 am

Aaaaaaand UVA still hates me. Complete since 9/20, crickets since then.

AmandaPB

Postby AmandaPB » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:38 am

LaCumparsita wrote:Aaaaaaand UVA still hates me. Complete since 9/20, crickets since then.

Teehehe. Same, complete since 9/5. I’m just wondering how long it’s gonna take for them to put me on the waitlist. Did our applications get lost?!

noBass

Postby noBass » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:56 am

Is anyone's status checker completely blank?

justonemoregame

Postby justonemoregame » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:58 am

Yes to the blank.

so_fetch

Postby so_fetch » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:04 pm

noBass wrote:Is anyone's status checker completely blank?

FWIW Mine's not blank it looks the same as it did before. (I think?? But who knows. Seriously if you look at this shit long enough you start seeing things. Like how people analyze the formatting on the LSAC website the day that LSAT scores are coming out)

MumofCad

Postby MumofCad » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:08 pm

LaCumparsita wrote:Aaaaaaand UVA still hates me. Complete since 9/20, crickets since then.

So are you considering UVA over the other schools you have gotten into? I'm confused. You have some really great offers...

LaCumparsita

Postby LaCumparsita » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:11 pm

Well I would consider them more heavily if they a) accepted me and b) offered me some money! I also want an excuse to visit Virginia since one of my close friends lives there. But I guess I would probably still choose Harvard lol.

luluw

Postby luluw » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:14 pm

Got an email this morning from Jason Dugas asking me to call him. Reached his voice mail and left a message at 9:30am. He called back at 3pm. In! He said scholarship info will be in the packet which is on its way.
I was almost sure they had passed me since I submitted 10/1.
Stats: 175/3.84, international student (UG in the States)

catholicgirl

Postby catholicgirl » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:16 pm

I'm sorry, I need to go pass out from envy :-p
LaCumparsita wrote:Well I would consider them more heavily if they a) accepted me and b) offered me some money! I also want an excuse to visit Virginia since one of my close friends lives there. But I guess I would probably still choose Harvard lol.

Postby 005618502 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:18 pm

luluw wrote:Got an email this morning from Jason Dugas asking me to call him. Reached his voice mail and left a message at 9:30am. He called back at 3pm. In! He said scholarship info will be in the packet which is on its way.

Your stats are amazing. I see a large scholly coming your way.

LaCumparsita

Postby LaCumparsita » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:20 pm

No need, you got into UVA catholicgirl, congrats!! :)

baconpuffs

Postby baconpuffs » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:10 pm

luluw wrote:Got an email this morning from Jason Dugas asking me to call him. Reached his voice mail and left a message at 9:30am. He called back at 3pm. In! He said scholarship info will be in the packet which is on its way.

In today as well! And for everyone thinking they may have been passed over, don't fret: I applied 9/1. 105 days is a long time to wait for an acceptance, but it's totally worth it.

JoeMo

Postby JoeMo » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:49 pm

LaCumparsita wrote:Well I would consider them more heavily if they a) accepted me and b) offered me some money! I also want an excuse to visit Virginia since one of my close friends lives there. But I guess I would probably still choose Harvard lol.

Stop playing. You're not going to UVA. You're headed straight to Cambridge and you know it. Your UHaul is outside waiting to be packed up.

PopTorts13

Postby PopTorts13 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:16 pm

JoeMo wrote:

Stop playing. You're not going to UVA. You're headed straight to Cambridge and you know it. Your UHaul is outside waiting to be packed up.

If one's chances of enrolling in one university are slim due to their admittance to another school, they really ought to withdraw their application with the consideration that another deserving applicant could be attending such university and/or receive a greater financial aid package.

Honestly, no one cares about one's breadth of admittance/scholarship. Certainly, no one wants to read immature remarks about false, drawn-out aspirations; it insults those who are in a lesser situation, with larger aspiration of attending. With that being said, most people do the "correct" thing by withdrawing their application, while others selfishly wait for offers they wont take. It looks foolish and inconsiderate. Then again, it is one's right to do whatever they so choose to do with their application. All I am saying is stop the whining, few people care about your predicament; it is pretentious.

crumpledq

Postby crumpledq » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:26 pm

PopTorts13 wrote:
JoeMo wrote:

If one's chances of enrolling in one university are slim due to their admittance to another school, they really ought to withdraw their application with the consideration that another deserving applicant could be attending such university and/or receive a greater financial aid package.

Honestly, no one cares about one's breadth of admittance/scholarship. Certainly, no one wants to read immature remarks about false, drawn-out aspirations; it insults those who are in a lesser situation, with larger aspiration of attending. With that being said, most people do the "correct" thing by withdrawing their application, while others selfishly wait for offers they wont take. It looks foolish and inconsiderate. Then again, it is one's right to do whatever they so choose to do with their application. All I am saying is stop the whining, few people care about your predicament; it is pretentious.

I understand your argument, and I've withdrawn from several schools for this very reason. However, I have kept my application in at some other schools that I am less likely to attend because an acceptance or aid package from those schools would give me leverage in negotiating aid from other institutions. I think that is a legitimate reason to not withdraw immediately.

thelawyler

Postby thelawyler » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:06 pm

PopTorts13 wrote:
JoeMo wrote:

Your abuse of blue font to stand out is also fairly pretentious.

And go cry me a river. If somebody even has a 1% chance of attending, they have every right to not withdraw their application. They paid a hundred bucks for that app, earned that acceptance, and deserve to have the right to choose when to withdraw without feeling morally obligated to give it up asap.

If somebody on the internet posting about that makes you angry, it might be worth working on your personality / growing a thicker skin. People you meet during the course of your legal career won't always be so kind.

That said, I think he's a pretentious dbag for coming here to say that, too. It was obviously just Harvard dick waving. But he has every right to think the way he is and keep waiting -- just don't come here saying it like that.
Last edited by thelawyler on Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

annyong

Postby annyong » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:15 pm

thelawyler wrote:
PopTorts13 wrote:
JoeMo wrote:

And go cry me a river. If somebody even has a 1% chance of attending, they have every right to not withdraw their application. They paid a hundred bucks for that app, earned that acceptance, and deserve to have the right to choose when to withdraw without feeling morally obligated to give it up asap.

Yeah I gotta agree with this. Even though I've been accepted to higher schools and have a pretty good idea of where I might be, I have no idea what my "final" choices will look like or what money will look like, and its way too early to throw out options now. There's also something serious to be said for scholarship and offer leverage, it's not that I'm "selfishly" waiting for an offer I won't take, it's that I'm waiting to see how my cycle turns out and what my options are just like everyone else. If I were to be offered a large scholarship at a "safety" school that I applied to, it could mean thousands of dollars at other schools, and if a school was originally a "lower" choice, I might change my mind with an offer and a visit.

Having said that, I'm still waiting for Michigan and Virginia. So I guess I'll go whine about that somewhere.

PopTorts13

Postby PopTorts13 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:50 am

thelawyler wrote:
PopTorts13 wrote:
JoeMo wrote:

If somebody on the internet posting about that makes you angry, it might be worth working on your personality / growing a thicker skin. People you meet during the course of your legal career won't always be so kind.

That said, I think he's a pretentious dbag for coming here to say that, too. It was obviously just Harvard dick waving. But he has every right to think the way he is and keep waiting -- just don't come here saying it like that.

My intent is not to impress anyone with blue font; it is to easily locate the comments I make. We agree on the larger notion of as you call it "dick waving". I believe I stated that the poster has every right to do what so ever with their application, no crying included. I was addressing the comment they made as being pretentious in correlation to their action. The action its self is not always correlated with the moral circumstance. There is no need to make assumptions. Exercising one's earned options is not pretentious, but coming on here to wave it in other applicants' faces is pretentious. The aforementioned doesn't make me angry in the least. My skin is thick enough as well. If someone makes a crass comment they should be addressed, etiquette is a part of being a professional.

PopTorts13

Postby PopTorts13 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:02 am

annyong wrote:Yea I gotta agree with this. Even though I've been accepted to higher schools and have a pretty good idea of where I might be, I have no idea what my "final" choices will look like or what money will look like, and its way too early to throw out options now. There's also something serious to be said for scholarship and offer leverage, it's not that I'm "selfishly" waiting for an offer I won't take, it's that I'm waiting to see how my cycle turns out and what my options are just like everyone else. If I were to be offered a large scholarship at a "safety" school that I applied to, it could mean thousands of dollars at other schools, and if a school was originally a "lower" choice, I might change my mind with an offer and a visit.

Having said that, I'm still waiting for Michigan and Virginia. So I guess I'll go whine about that somewhere.

For clarification, I am not saying exercising options is morally wrong, as I am doing precisely what you are with your cycle and I certainly don't view myself as morally corrupt, ha, ha.

I was addressing the comment they made as being pretentious in correlation to their action. The action its self is not always correlated with the moral circumstance. Your thought process differs from the other posters in that they know they will not be attending UV, rather they are looking for an excuse to visit a friend. I don't see anything wrong with exercising one's options, but to present it in the way that the poster did was pretentious. I will be waiting to hear from all of the schools I applied to as well, but will never come on here knowing that there are many people who have great aspirations of attending UV and passively flaunt the higher ranked school I got into, mocking the situation by saying it will present me with an opportunity that really has nothing to do with the law school at all.

Best of luck all!

AntipodeanPhil

Postby AntipodeanPhil » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:10 am

PopTorts13 wrote:For clarification... Best of luck all!

Blue text; dr.

PopTorts13

Postby PopTorts13 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:21 am

AntipodeanPhil wrote:
PopTorts13 wrote:For clarification... Best of luck all!

Blue text; dr.

I am a doctor

I guess I didn't earn the right to also post on forums in blue as well :wink:
But seriously, I appreciate the heads up and I wont be delivering my posts in blue on TLS anymore.

Love the Santa sheep too!

Thank you.

LaCumparsita

Postby LaCumparsita » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:47 am

Sorry guys (Poptorts in particular), I really didn't mean to wave it anyone's face, I was just responding to Mumocad's question about whether I was still considering Virginia with the other options I had. I realize now that I should have responded with a private message. I think Virginia is a great school and anyone would be lucky to go there!

Also, I think you may have misunderstood me. My wanting to visit my friend is no reflection on the caliber of the school. For example, I also have several friends who go to Stanford, and besides wanting to be admitted bc Stanford is a great school, I want an excuse to visit those friends. Again, no reflection on the school.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”