UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Hawkeye Pierce

Silver

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Post by Hawkeye Pierce » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:54 am

freestallion wrote:
Walt15 wrote:I think they are editing the computer system right now, my status has disappeared as well. Prior to everything disappearing, when I went complete my status said something like application complete/pending review. I think that is what is supposed to be there before changing to congratulations. If by chance you do see the congratulations, like mumofcad said you're 100% in, but I was told they want to call and tell you over the phone before that change shows up.
Mine has disappeared as well.
Same here: I was like WTF is going on?!

baconpuffs

Bronze

Post by baconpuffs » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:05 pm

Hawkeye Pierce wrote:
freestallion wrote:
Walt15 wrote:I think they are editing the computer system right now, my status has disappeared as well. Prior to everything disappearing, when I went complete my status said something like application complete/pending review. I think that is what is supposed to be there before changing to congratulations. If by chance you do see the congratulations, like mumofcad said you're 100% in, but I was told they want to call and tell you over the phone before that change shows up.
My heart stopped for a few seconds as I thought they were close to posting my decision. When I saw you're all getting the same thing, well, cue Pat Benatar.

vincanity1

Silver

Post by vincanity1 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:06 pm

Will we all definitely get a call if admitted or is that just for ED?

Hawkeye Pierce

Silver

Post by Hawkeye Pierce » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:10 pm

baconpuffs wrote:
Hawkeye Pierce wrote:
freestallion wrote:
My heart stopped for a few seconds as I thought they were close to posting my decision. When I saw you're all getting the same thing, well, cue Pat Benatar.
Oh man, same here. :lol: Knew it would be that song.

MumofCad

Silver

Post by MumofCad » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:10 pm

Yes, sounds like Walt had the same convo I had with the Dean this AM. UVA will be calling admits to congratulate them before the status checker updates to Congratulations. There was an error that was allowing us to see them. So I guess once you go complete you can probably just hang back because people should'nt be finding out from the status checker that they are in. They were working on the glitch that is supposed to prevent that.

I've only applied to Chicago, but the status checkers are exactly the same so I'm thinking they've gone to a flex status checker system too that may have some bugs.

And all will get a call. I'm RD

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

90LawSchool

New

Post by 90LawSchool » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:56 pm

Has anyone heard back for RD? In my status checker it says:

"If you would like to learn more information about how Admissions Office decisions are communicated to applicants, please read the Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) on the U.Va. Law website (http://www.law.virginia.edu/admissions). Regular Decision applicants will likely hear from us starting in January."

I do not have any status listed

Xifeng

Gold

Post by Xifeng » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:00 pm

What they did last year in terms of calls was they sent you an email asking you to call them. So assuming they keep up that pattern, you don't need to stare at your phones or freak out when it rings.

Freak out when you see the (1) in gmail instead <3

Cavgirl

New

Post by Cavgirl » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:03 pm

90LawSchool wrote:Has anyone heard back for RD? In my status checker it says:

"If you would like to learn more information about how Admissions Office decisions are communicated to applicants, please read the Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) on the U.Va. Law website (http://www.law.virginia.edu/admissions). Regular Decision applicants will likely hear from us starting in January."

I do not have any status listed
I'm RD and my status says, "Complete, Pending Review/Decision".

baconpuffs

Bronze

Post by baconpuffs » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:17 pm

Xifeng wrote:What they did last year in terms of calls was they sent you an email asking you to call them. So assuming they keep up that pattern, you don't need to stare at your phones or freak out when it rings.

Is this for all decisions or just admits?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Xifeng

Gold

Post by Xifeng » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:18 pm

baconpuffs wrote:
Xifeng wrote:What they did last year in terms of calls was they sent you an email asking you to call them. So assuming they keep up that pattern, you don't need to stare at your phones or freak out when it rings.

They don't want you to call them so they can tell you they rejected you. I believe that that is through status checker or mail. If you get one of those emails, in years past you were definitely accepted.

baconpuffs

Bronze

Post by baconpuffs » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:20 pm

Xifeng wrote:
baconpuffs wrote:

They don't want you to call them so they can tell you they rejected you. I believe that that is through status checker or mail. If you get one of those emails, in years past you were definitely accepted.
Whew. Having to call only to find out you've been rejected would be particularly cruel.

treeborn

New

Post by treeborn » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:31 pm

I'm ED, and went complete 9/2, and had a soft interview with Dean Richard on 9/6. My status checker just went blank, and no longer says whether my file is complete/pending review. Is this a glitch?
Last edited by treeborn on Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

so_fetch

Bronze

Post by so_fetch » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:00 pm

I'm nowhere near being able to submit yet.. but just wondering, what do you guys mean by "soft interview" with Dean Richard? Did she just call you out of the blue, or did you get an email with a specific time? What did you discuss? Has everyone who has been accepted had this phone convo? Did U.Va. do anything like this last year or is this a new thing w/ the arrival of Dean Richard?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Dinho

New

Post by Dinho » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:10 pm

Just got off the phone with Jason Dugas and I've been accepted. Numbers are in my profile. I'm absolutely thrilled about attending UVA and glad this process is finally over!

lawschoolapp93

New

Post by lawschoolapp93 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:48 pm

Congrats Dinho! Did you get an email first? or did the call come out of the blue?

For ED apps - if there is a w/l or rejection :cry: - do you think it will be on the status checker?

Yeshia90

Silver

Post by Yeshia90 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:48 pm

Dinho wrote:Just got off the phone with Jason Dugas and I've been accepted. Numbers are in my profile. I'm absolutely thrilled about attending UVA and glad this process is finally over!
Wow, as long as you're not an Olympic Gold Medalist/Nobel Prize Winner/Astronaut Mike Dexter, I feel a little better about my cycle.

But more importantly: CONGRATS, Dinho!
Last edited by Yeshia90 on Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

soj

Platinum

Post by soj » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:48 pm

Dinho wrote:Just got off the phone with Jason Dugas and I've been accepted. Numbers are in my profile. I'm absolutely thrilled about attending UVA and glad this process is finally over!
Wow, congrats! Must feel great to get the process over with so early and after only one application.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

baconpuffs

Bronze

Post by baconpuffs » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:52 pm

Congrats!

Dinho

New

Post by Dinho » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:57 pm

lawschoolapp93 wrote:Congrats Dinho! Did you get an email first? or did the call come out of the blue?

For ED apps - if there is a w/l or rejection :cry: - do you think it will be on the status checker?
The call came out of the blue. I was waitlisted last cycle and it did show up on the status checker, but they had sent me an email saying so before the status checker changed.

Walt15

New

Post by Walt15 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:07 pm

Outside of the original email with my status checker info, I have yet to receive any emails from UVA. The soft interview I had was unsolicited and was about my app weaknesses and why UVA. The second call was a congratulations here's what to expect in the coming months and please withdrawal other apps per ED agreement call. Both were with AD Richard. So for my cycle there were no emails asking me to call as in years past, I did answer each 434 number on the first call though so maybe they would have sent an email had I not answered.

MumofCad

Silver

Post by MumofCad » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:00 pm

Walt15 wrote:Outside of the original email with my status checker info, I have yet to receive any emails from UVA. The soft interview I had was unsolicited and was about my app weaknesses and why UVA. The second call was a congratulations here's what to expect in the coming months and please withdrawal other apps per ED agreement call. Both were with AD Richard. So for my cycle there were no emails asking me to call as in years past, I did answer each 434 number on the first call though so maybe they would have sent an email had I not answered.
I guess I'll answer too since mine was a tad different. I got an email the day after I submitted asking me to call Dean Richard to discuss my application (it had a nice superlative prior to app so I wasn't too worried lol). My soft interview was very soft, no questions about holes really just told me what she liked about my app, but did then ask if I ever had time to do anything fun or sleep. She also asked a question I expect all to ask about my PhD since my school transcript has my calculated date midway through my first year of law school, but I'm on schedule with my supervisor to be done about 6 months early, so it was just checking to be sure that was still the case. That was really it. Then a congratulatory call this morning, just saying I'd have my package by the end of the week and hopefully be coming to see them soon. Both calls were very friendly. I was all prepared to answer questions like Walt got about why UVA, but it was in my PS and for whatever reason, they didn't ask again, so I guess it was enough.

Also on the RD question, she specifically said something this morning that implied RD apps are not really being considered right now and won't for a few months. So I'd sit tight and expect they will be hussling for now to get the ED class set.I wouldn't worry about that 'January' message or read anything into it. I think that is generally the policy, but there may be a few exceptions here or there for whatever reason.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

so_fetch

Bronze

Post by so_fetch » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:37 pm

Walt15 and MumofCad- thanks for the details and congrats! :)

treeborn

New

Post by treeborn » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:31 pm

Just got the call from Jason Dugas, and I'm admitted! My stats are in my profile. I'm so stoked on going to Virginia next year. Good luck to all you guys on your applications!

Yeshia90

Silver

Post by Yeshia90 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:37 pm

treeborn wrote:Just got the call from Jason Dugas, and I'm admitted! My stats are in my profile. I'm so stoked on going to Virginia next year. Good luck to all you guys on your applications!
Talk about a no-stress cycle. Congrats!

so_fetch

Bronze

Post by so_fetch » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:12 pm

treeborn wrote:Just got the call from Jason Dugas, and I'm admitted! My stats are in my profile. I'm so stoked on going to Virginia next year. Good luck to all you guys on your applications!
Congrats! In state or out of state?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”