Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
arez
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:43 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby arez » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:55 am

10/19 complete, still not UR here :(

User avatar
thatkid
Posts: 127
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:36 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby thatkid » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:08 am

I was complete 10/14 and didn't go UR until 11/30. Give it a few days. :)

User avatar
smokeylarue
Posts: 444
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:55 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby smokeylarue » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:32 am

Complete since 11/07 here, guess I still have some waiting time.

User avatar
lgleye
Posts: 348
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:41 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby lgleye » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:04 am

Okay, it's 12/5 and beginning of Penn's decision run, especially for ED's. Phone calls should start going out beginning at noon EST, meaning 9 am PST, and should take 2-3 days, or however long it takes for them to hand out the measley 28 ED acceptances, out of 200 ED apps.

As for me, I'm a long shot....... just hope my softs are good enough to push me over.

iamrobk
Posts: 485
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:31 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby iamrobk » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:23 pm

lgleye wrote:Okay, it's 12/5 and beginning of Penn's decision run, especially for ED's. Phone calls should start going out beginning at noon EST, meaning 9 am PST, and should take 2-3 days, or however long it takes for them to hand out the measley 28 ED acceptances, out of 200 ED apps.

As for me, I'm a long shot....... just hope my softs are good enough to push me over.

Yeah, if they are starting to give decisions today (and not waiting until Wednesday or whatever) we'll hopefully know in 30-40 minutes.

User avatar
MiamiOxford
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:50 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby MiamiOxford » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:54 pm

IF they start with calls today, I feel like they will wait til after lunch... So maybe around 1ish EST.

haowu80s
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:44 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby haowu80s » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:25 pm

Anyone got the call?

User avatar
Strange
Posts: 741
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:23 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Strange » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:26 pm

I guess you should only expect calls if you're "UR" right? I'm still on file complete

iamrobk
Posts: 485
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:31 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby iamrobk » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:28 pm

haowu80s wrote:Anyone got the call?

Doesn't seem like it, nothing on here or LSN or whatever.
Strange wrote:I guess you should only expect calls if you're "UR" right? I'm still on file complete

Are you ED? Judging by how they did things the last 2-3 years, ED people will hear this week (except for like 3-5 or so who will, for whatever reason, hear over the next 2-3 weeks) while RD people will start hearing next week, with a majority of RD decisions in January.

User avatar
Strange
Posts: 741
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:23 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Strange » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:33 pm

iamrobk wrote:
haowu80s wrote:Anyone got the call?

Doesn't seem like it, nothing on here or LSN or whatever.
Strange wrote:I guess you should only expect calls if you're "UR" right? I'm still on file complete

Are you ED? Judging by how they did things the last 2-3 years, ED people will hear this week (except for like 3-5 or so who will, for whatever reason, hear over the next 2-3 weeks) while RD people will start hearing next week, with a majority of RD decisions in January.


I'm RD, but I'm still on complete only

iamrobk
Posts: 485
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:31 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby iamrobk » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:36 pm

Strange wrote:
iamrobk wrote:
haowu80s wrote:Anyone got the call?

Doesn't seem like it, nothing on here or LSN or whatever.
Strange wrote:I guess you should only expect calls if you're "UR" right? I'm still on file complete

Are you ED? Judging by how they did things the last 2-3 years, ED people will hear this week (except for like 3-5 or so who will, for whatever reason, hear over the next 2-3 weeks) while RD people will start hearing next week, with a majority of RD decisions in January.


I'm RD, but I'm still on complete only

Ah, I wouldn't worry then. Seems like they're only now starting to get to most RD people (except those who applied really early) since they're done looking at ED apps (or so we hope :lol: ). But I wouldn't get your hopes up to hear back in December.

User avatar
Nelson
Posts: 2061
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:43 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Nelson » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:55 pm

iamrobk wrote:
Strange wrote:
iamrobk wrote:
haowu80s wrote:Anyone got the call?

Doesn't seem like it, nothing on here or LSN or whatever.
Strange wrote:I guess you should only expect calls if you're "UR" right? I'm still on file complete

Are you ED? Judging by how they did things the last 2-3 years, ED people will hear this week (except for like 3-5 or so who will, for whatever reason, hear over the next 2-3 weeks) while RD people will start hearing next week, with a majority of RD decisions in January.


I'm RD, but I'm still on complete only

Ah, I wouldn't worry then. Seems like they're only now starting to get to most RD people (except those who applied really early) since they're done looking at ED apps (or so we hope :lol: ). But I wouldn't get your hopes up to hear back in December.


Last year they sent decisions for two batches of RD candidates in the week before Christmas and the first week of January (after that it looks like they sent decisions weekly in rough order of submission). LSN suggests that the first two batches were both a mix of dates in September/October/November completes, not in chronological order. The week before Christmas was mostly acceptances (with a couple of autodings) and the January group a mix of acceptances/WLs/dings.
Last edited by Nelson on Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:56 pm

I'm RD, but I'm still on complete only[/quote]
Ah, I wouldn't worry then. Seems like they're only now starting to get to most RD people (except those who applied really early) since they're done looking at ED apps (or so we hope :lol: ). But I wouldn't get your hopes up to hear back in December.[/quote]

Last year they sent decisions for two batches of RD candidates in the week before Christmas and the first week of January. LSN suggests that they were both a mix of dates in September/October/November completes, not in chronological order. The week before Christmas was mostly acceptances (with a couple of autodings) and the January group a mix of acceptances/WLs/dings.[/quote]
Well, at least it won't be too much longer...good or bad

User avatar
AmoryB
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:39 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby AmoryB » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:58 pm

Finally went under review today after being stuck on complete since 11/1. Crossing my fingers because Penn is definitely one of my top choices!

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:00 pm

AmoryB wrote:Finally went under review today after being stuck on complete since 11/1. Crossing my fingers because Penn is definitely one of my top choices!

Hopefully I'm next. Been complete since 11/04

User avatar
thatkid
Posts: 127
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:36 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby thatkid » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:02 pm

My date changed to 12/5, but status stayed at "Under Committee Review." :?


Want acceptance soon, plz. I love you.

User avatar
annyong
Posts: 317
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:17 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby annyong » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:04 pm

thatkid wrote:My date changed to 12/5, but status stayed at "Under Committee Review." :?


Want acceptance soon, plz. I love you.

Same. Date changed but no change to status.

User avatar
Nelson
Posts: 2061
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:43 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Nelson » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:11 pm

annyong wrote:
thatkid wrote:My date changed to 12/5, but status stayed at "Under Committee Review." :?


Want acceptance soon, plz. I love you.

Same. Date changed but no change to status.


I had two UR dates and then no change since. Maybe this is because "two committee members will review each application"? I think everyone has had two UR dates so far.

User avatar
DonnaDraper
Posts: 280
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:30 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby DonnaDraper » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:16 pm

Nelson wrote:
annyong wrote:
thatkid wrote:My date changed to 12/5, but status stayed at "Under Committee Review." :?


Want acceptance soon, plz. I love you.

Same. Date changed but no change to status.


I had two UR dates and then no change since. Maybe this is because "two committee members will review each application"? I think everyone has had two UR dates so far.


I have not. I am trying to convince myself that date changes are not a make or break. According to last year's thread, there were people who only updated once and got in. Trying to not freak about impending decisions. I have already had 2 Penn nightmares the past two nights, so maybe it's not working.

User avatar
Nelson
Posts: 2061
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:43 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Nelson » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:21 pm

DonnaDraper wrote:
Nelson wrote:
annyong wrote:
thatkid wrote:My date changed to 12/5, but status stayed at "Under Committee Review." :?


Want acceptance soon, plz. I love you.

Same. Date changed but no change to status.


I had two UR dates and then no change since. Maybe this is because "two committee members will review each application"? I think everyone has had two UR dates so far.


I have not. I am trying to convince myself that date changes are not a make or break. According to last year's thread, there were people who only updated once and got in. Trying to not freak about impending decisions. I have already had 2 Penn nightmares the past two nights, so maybe it's not working.


My apologies then, I was incorrect. :D I have not pored over last year's Penn thread yet since I figured I had a couple more weeks before beginning to panic futilely and I'm in the middle of futile NYU panic at the moment.

User avatar
erikjc
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:49 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby erikjc » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:24 pm

RD here, still stuck at Complete 10/28.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JamMasterJ » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:24 pm

AmoryB wrote:Finally went under review today after being stuck on complete since 11/1. Crossing my fingers because Penn is definitely one of my top choices!

If your username is based on This Side of Paradise, I love you

User avatar
AmoryB
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:39 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby AmoryB » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:30 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
AmoryB wrote:Finally went under review today after being stuck on complete since 11/1. Crossing my fingers because Penn is definitely one of my top choices!

If your username is based on This Side of Paradise, I love you


Haha yeah it is. I'm a big fan of F. Scott Fitzgerald.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JamMasterJ » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:31 pm

AmoryB wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
AmoryB wrote:Finally went under review today after being stuck on complete since 11/1. Crossing my fingers because Penn is definitely one of my top choices!

If your username is based on This Side of Paradise, I love you


Haha yeah it is. I'm a big fan of F. Scott Fitzgerald.

I'm intrigued to see Leo DiCaprio as Jay Gatsby.


sorry, back on topic

haowu80s
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:44 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby haowu80s » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:36 pm

There probably won't be any decision today.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests