Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
justicefishy

Bronze
Posts: 497
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby justicefishy » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:54 pm

KevinP wrote:
justicefishy wrote:I'd gladly trade your Columbia acceptance for my Penn one :D

(Gratz! :D)

Haha, I think I'll stick to my Columbia acceptance ;). But Penn is still a good choice, even though the Sandusky scandal kind of puts it in a bad light.

@Everyone else:
Will be withdrawing from the waitlist soon. I hope that lessens the competition.


Yeah, I wish the law campus was in Happy Valley, but west Philly isn't bad :D

User avatar
Blumpbeef

Gold
Posts: 3814
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Blumpbeef » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:56 pm

Putting a law school in Happy Valley would probably overload the universe's irony generator.

salamanders

New
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:16 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby salamanders » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:48 am

KevinP wrote:
justicefishy wrote:I'd gladly trade your Columbia acceptance for my Penn one :D

(Gratz! :D)

Haha, I think I'll stick to my Columbia acceptance ;). But Penn is still a good choice, even though the Sandusky scandal kind of puts it in a bad light.

@Everyone else:
Will be withdrawing from the waitlist soon. I hope that lessens the competition.


Sandusky was at Penn State.

User avatar
cogitoergosum

Silver
Posts: 788
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 7:13 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cogitoergosum » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:44 am

salamanders wrote:
KevinP wrote:
justicefishy wrote:I'd gladly trade your Columbia acceptance for my Penn one :D

(Gratz! :D)

Haha, I think I'll stick to my Columbia acceptance ;). But Penn is still a good choice, even though the Sandusky scandal kind of puts it in a bad light.

@Everyone else:
Will be withdrawing from the waitlist soon. I hope that lessens the competition.


Sandusky was at Penn State.

I thought (hoped) KP was kidding... the old intentionally-confusing-penn-for-penn-state joke....

User avatar
KevinP

Silver
Posts: 1322
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby KevinP » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:06 am

cogitoergosum wrote:I thought (hoped) KP was kidding... the old intentionally-confusing-penn-for-penn-state joke....


I was :). It was an indirect joke between me and DonnaDraper.

But it seems confusing Penn for Penn State is common enough that Penn feels the need to address it in the FAQ.

"'Is Penn a state university?"

"No. The University of Pennsylvania is a private Ivy League institution with no connection to Pennsylvania State University."
http://www.upenn.edu/about/faq.php

User avatar
cogitoergosum

Silver
Posts: 788
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 7:13 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cogitoergosum » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:10 am

KevinP wrote:
cogitoergosum wrote:I thought (hoped) KP was kidding... the old intentionally-confusing-penn-for-penn-state joke....


I was :). It was an indirect joke between me and DonnaDraper.

But it seems confusing Penn for Penn State is common enough that Penn feels the need to address it in the FAQ.

"'Is Penn a state university?"

"No. The University of Pennsylvania is a private Ivy League institution with no connection to Pennsylvania State University."
http://www.upenn.edu/about/faq.php

Yeah, damn that Penn State...

User avatar
jetissent

Bronze
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:33 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jetissent » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:59 am

They wouldn't match any of my scholly offers despite basically telling them I'd enroll immediately. (I currently live 15 mins away!) So sadly, I've withdraw. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

User avatar
DonnaDraper

Bronze
Posts: 280
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:30 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby DonnaDraper » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:50 pm

KevinP wrote:
cogitoergosum wrote:I thought (hoped) KP was kidding... the old intentionally-confusing-penn-for-penn-state joke....


I was :). It was an indirect joke between me and DonnaDraper.

But it seems confusing Penn for Penn State is common enough that Penn feels the need to address it in the FAQ.

"'Is Penn a state university?"

"No. The University of Pennsylvania is a private Ivy League institution with no connection to Pennsylvania State University."
http://www.upenn.edu/about/faq.php


:lol:

User avatar
JamMasterJ

Platinum
Posts: 6657
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JamMasterJ » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:16 pm

I haven't looked at this thread much in a bit. Have they made any WL movement?

r6_philly

Diamond
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby r6_philly » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:25 pm

Blumpbeef wrote:Putting a law school in Happy Valley would probably overload the universe's irony generator.


There is one already.

User avatar
FeraFera

Bronze
Posts: 306
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:04 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby FeraFera » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:27 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:I haven't looked at this thread much in a bit. Have they made any WL movement?


Don't think they start the waitlist review until mid-May.

kntu24

New
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:47 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby kntu24 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:32 pm

yeah. I imagien WLers would hear after people who haven't heard anything yet.... boo Penn.

User avatar
msblaw89

Gold
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:18 pm

kntu24 wrote:yeah. I imagien WLers would hear after people who haven't heard anything yet.... boo Penn.

On the WL.... I'm not really going to start thinking about getting off until end of May

User avatar
Jacky D.

New
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:56 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Jacky D. » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:23 am

Just withdrew, freed up $$. Hope it will go to one of you!

User avatar
cogitoergosum

Silver
Posts: 788
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 7:13 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cogitoergosum » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:30 pm

Are there still people waiting for a first decision from Penn?

kntu24

New
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:47 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby kntu24 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:47 pm

cogitoergosum wrote:Are there still people waiting for a first decision from Penn?


I am

User avatar
cogitoergosum

Silver
Posts: 788
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 7:13 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cogitoergosum » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:51 pm

kntu24 wrote:
cogitoergosum wrote:Are there still people waiting for a first decision from Penn?


I am

Ahh, when did you apply? Well hopefully it will be worth your wait! Can't be much longer now.

BaseballT

New
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:10 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby BaseballT » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:53 pm

Is there a thread for people who are attending or strongly considering attending?

User avatar
Nelson

Gold
Posts: 2058
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:43 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Nelson » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:56 pm

BaseballT wrote:Is there a thread for people who are attending or strongly considering attending?

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=171926

BaseballT

New
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:10 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby BaseballT » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:05 pm

Nelson wrote:
BaseballT wrote:Is there a thread for people who are attending or strongly considering attending?

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=171926


Thank you!

User avatar
msblaw89

Gold
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:49 am

When is the deposit deadline?

User avatar
Nelson

Gold
Posts: 2058
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:43 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Nelson » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:52 am

msblaw89 wrote:When is the deposit deadline?

May 1

maxpower430

Bronze
Posts: 419
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:16 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby maxpower430 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:34 pm

Withdrew, hope one of you guys gets my acceptance/scholly.

User avatar
msblaw89

Gold
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:43 pm

Who is still on the WL? And what have you sent in up to this point?

jim-green

Silver
Posts: 804
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:55 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jim-green » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:51 pm

New essay, new targeted rec letter, LOCI
msblaw89 wrote:Who is still on the WL? And what have you sent in up to this point?



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: acr, WhiteFish11 and 19 guests