Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
taikofox
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:09 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby taikofox » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:39 pm

Bronck wrote:Any word yet on when Penn will give out non-named scholarships?

At ASW, I spoke to the person in charge of financial aid and he told me that we should start seeing awards in the next two weeks. I told him that my earliest competing offer is good until April 15th and he said I'd definitely hear back before then. As for merit scholarships, he said that those are distributed up until the deposit deadline. Merit and need-based aid could come in the same e-mail or separately.

User avatar
QueMellow
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:09 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby QueMellow » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:55 pm

taikofox wrote:
Bronck wrote:Any word yet on when Penn will give out non-named scholarships?

At ASW, I spoke to the person in charge of financial aid and he told me that we should start seeing awards in the next two weeks. I told him that my earliest competing offer is good until April 15th and he said I'd definitely hear back before then. As for merit scholarships, he said that those are distributed up until the deposit deadline. Merit and need-based aid could come in the same e-mail or separately.


I wish someone could have asked the same thing about decisions...

User avatar
AntipodeanPhil
Posts: 1300
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:02 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby AntipodeanPhil » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:05 pm

WL by email this evening (after 9:00pm). I applied in late September, was held in January, and submitted a LOCI at the beginning of February.

I wrote back straight away to withdraw, since I can't wait until May or later for a decision.

Hopefully that makes things easier for others on the wait list - GL everyone!

User avatar
princeR
Posts: 308
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:10 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby princeR » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:08 pm

How much does it improve ones chances of admission doing ED?

iamrobk
Posts: 485
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:31 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby iamrobk » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:23 pm

princeR wrote:How much does it improve ones chances of admission doing ED?

With a 170+ LSAT you're generally good with a 3.3 GPA or higher.

User avatar
princeR
Posts: 308
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:10 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby princeR » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:33 pm

iamrobk wrote:
princeR wrote:How much does it improve ones chances of admission doing ED?

With a 170+ LSAT you're generally good with a 3.3 GPA or higher.


Good to hear. I was looking at LSN, I know, not totally representative, but I saw some ED's get in with "sub-par" numbers. I think the numbers you listed sound pretty accurate. Thank you.

iamrobk
Posts: 485
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:31 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby iamrobk » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:47 pm

princeR wrote:
iamrobk wrote:
princeR wrote:How much does it improve ones chances of admission doing ED?

With a 170+ LSAT you're generally good with a 3.3 GPA or higher.


Good to hear. I was looking at LSN, I know, not totally representative, but I saw some ED's get in with "sub-par" numbers. I think the numbers you listed sound pretty accurate. Thank you.

I got in with ED this cycle so I was doing a ton of research on it myself. Not much of an advantage to do ED with below median LSAT, but it's hugely beneficial for splitters.

User avatar
Elliott_Smith
Posts: 379
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:34 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Elliott_Smith » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:13 pm

Waitlisted this evening as well. Not surprising considering how late I submitted this one. Withdrawn.

Good luck everyone!

kntu24
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:47 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby kntu24 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:21 pm

Does anyone know of anyone that has gotten accepted in the last month?

User avatar
ru1ess
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:39 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ru1ess » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:02 pm

kntu24 wrote:Does anyone know of anyone that has gotten accepted in the last month?


Not too sure any of us have on here Kntu, however, you should check LSN-- there has to be quite a bit.

User avatar
QueMellow
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:09 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby QueMellow » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:08 pm

Uh....










...I. AM. INNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Got the call at 3:28 this afternoon. Dean Post was extremely kind and said she couldn't wait to meet me. She mentioned the Preview Day in mid-April.

I am over-the-moon ecstatic! Thanks everyone for the support! The acceptances have arrived!!!

User avatar
Lawbro
Posts: 294
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Lawbro » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:56 pm

Penn doesn't want me. Was just waitlisted

2/17-3/15. I am incredibly dissapointed

JF215
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:25 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JF215 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:49 pm

QueMellow wrote:Uh....










...I. AM. INNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Got the call at 3:28 this afternoon. Dean Post was extremely kind and said she couldn't wait to meet me. She mentioned the Preview Day in mid-April.

I am over-the-moon ecstatic! Thanks everyone for the support! The acceptances have arrived!!!


congrats :)

parebare23
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:06 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby parebare23 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:35 pm

QueMellow wrote:Uh....










...I. AM. INNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Got the call at 3:28 this afternoon. Dean Post was extremely kind and said she couldn't wait to meet me. She mentioned the Preview Day in mid-April.

I am over-the-moon ecstatic! Thanks everyone for the support! The acceptances have arrived!!!


Congrats!! Exciting news!!!

User avatar
ru1ess
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:39 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ru1ess » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:25 pm

Lawbro wrote:Penn doesn't want me. Was just waitlisted

2/17-3/15. I am incredibly dissapointed


Sorry to hear that bro, how many t-10's are you in?

User avatar
Lawbro
Posts: 294
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Lawbro » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:51 pm

ru1ess wrote:
Lawbro wrote:Penn doesn't want me. Was just waitlisted

2/17-3/15. I am incredibly dissapointed


Sorry to hear that bro, how many t-10's are you in?


I'm not in at any t-10's, and the only t14 I've made is Cornell. I'm having a pretty bad cycle imo

User avatar
hichvichwoh
Posts: 442
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:21 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby hichvichwoh » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:16 am

Lawbro wrote:
ru1ess wrote:
Lawbro wrote:Penn doesn't want me. Was just waitlisted

2/17-3/15. I am incredibly dissapointed


Sorry to hear that bro, how many t-10's are you in?


I'm not in at any t-10's, and the only t14 I've made is Cornell. I'm having a pretty bad cycle imo


3-15? hm...I'm still at 3-12 and they haven't given me any decision yet. Anyway,"only getting into Cornell" is definitely a 1st world problem.

User avatar
Lawbro
Posts: 294
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Lawbro » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:35 am

hichvichwoh wrote:
Lawbro wrote:
ru1ess wrote:
Lawbro wrote:Penn doesn't want me. Was just waitlisted

2/17-3/15. I am incredibly dissapointed


Sorry to hear that bro, how many t-10's are you in?


I'm not in at any t-10's, and the only t14 I've made is Cornell. I'm having a pretty bad cycle imo


3-15? hm...I'm still at 3-12 and they haven't given me any decision yet. Anyway,"only getting into Cornell" is definitely a 1st world problem.


Very true :lol:

haowu80s
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:44 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby haowu80s » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:28 pm

Not even in Cornell. Get waitlisted everywhere. I guess 170 is just not enough this year. Or foreigner is really not favored.
Lawbro wrote:Penn doesn't want me. Was just waitlisted

2/17-3/15. I am incredibly dissapointed


Sorry to hear that bro, how many t-10's are you in?[/quote]

I'm not in at any t-10's, and the only t14 I've made is Cornell. I'm having a pretty bad cycle imo[/quote]

3-15? hm...I'm still at 3-12 and they haven't given me any decision yet. Anyway,"only getting into Cornell" is definitely a 1st world problem.[/quote]

Very true :lol:[/quote]

kntu24
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:47 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby kntu24 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:12 pm

Anyone else update to 3/30?

User avatar
danielhay11
Posts: 230
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:32 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby danielhay11 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:56 pm

taikofox wrote:
Bronck wrote:Any word yet on when Penn will give out non-named scholarships?

At ASW, I spoke to the person in charge of financial aid and he told me that we should start seeing awards in the next two weeks. I told him that my earliest competing offer is good until April 15th and he said I'd definitely hear back before then. As for merit scholarships, he said that those are distributed up until the deposit deadline. Merit and need-based aid could come in the same e-mail or separately.


I received my scholarship (non-named) information this morning.

bobbyh1919
Posts: 560
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:40 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby bobbyh1919 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:36 pm

danielhay11 wrote:
taikofox wrote:
Bronck wrote:Any word yet on when Penn will give out non-named scholarships?

At ASW, I spoke to the person in charge of financial aid and he told me that we should start seeing awards in the next two weeks. I told him that my earliest competing offer is good until April 15th and he said I'd definitely hear back before then. As for merit scholarships, he said that those are distributed up until the deposit deadline. Merit and need-based aid could come in the same e-mail or separately.


I received my scholarship (non-named) information this morning.


Merit, need, or both?

hiphophead
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:53 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby hiphophead » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:32 pm

Clearly I don't post here much, but has anyone else only had one "under review" date so far? I have 3/12 and then nothing. Has everyone had at least 2 UR dates before being rejected/accepted/waitlisted?

User avatar
danielhay11
Posts: 230
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:32 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby danielhay11 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:53 pm

bobbyh1919 wrote:
danielhay11 wrote:
taikofox wrote:
Bronck wrote:Any word yet on when Penn will give out non-named scholarships?

At ASW, I spoke to the person in charge of financial aid and he told me that we should start seeing awards in the next two weeks. I told him that my earliest competing offer is good until April 15th and he said I'd definitely hear back before then. As for merit scholarships, he said that those are distributed up until the deposit deadline. Merit and need-based aid could come in the same e-mail or separately.


I received my scholarship (non-named) information this morning.


Merit, need, or both?


Merit.

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Crowing » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:23 pm

.
Last edited by Crowing on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”