Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
cgomez
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:17 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cgomez » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:31 pm

QueMellow wrote:Stats you guys?


i'm between 25th-and Median in GPA and LSAT

eleventhnight
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:20 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby eleventhnight » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:38 pm

QueMellow wrote:Stats you guys?


Median/Median.. pretty much.

I'm getting a bad vibe though - I've also been having pretty bad luck this cycle.

Geneva
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:32 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Geneva » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:51 am

thelawschoolproject wrote:
moxy wrote:Updated from 2/17 to 3/15. How does Penn notify wl/dings ? Status checker first or email?



I received my email first...I got a WL.


did u go UR twice? as someone that is still UR #1 2/17, im expecting a waitlist or a ding at this point

User avatar
thelawschoolproject
Posts: 1364
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:58 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby thelawschoolproject » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:19 am

Geneva wrote:
thelawschoolproject wrote:
moxy wrote:Updated from 2/17 to 3/15. How does Penn notify wl/dings ? Status checker first or email?



I received my email first...I got a WL.


did u go UR twice? as someone that is still UR #1 2/17, im expecting a waitlist or a ding at this point


Yeah I had 2 or 3 UR dates.

Geneva
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:32 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Geneva » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:55 am

thelawschoolproject wrote:
Geneva wrote:
thelawschoolproject wrote:
moxy wrote:Updated from 2/17 to 3/15. How does Penn notify wl/dings ? Status checker first or email?



I received my email first...I got a WL.


did u go UR twice? as someone that is still UR #1 2/17, im expecting a waitlist or a ding at this point


Yeah I had 2 or 3 UR dates.


tnx for the info. hmmm

User avatar
QueMellow
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:09 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby QueMellow » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:46 am

Thanks for the info. I really can't call it -- Penn is inscrutable.

User avatar
seahawk32
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:19 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby seahawk32 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:36 am

For those visiting the ASW next weekend, is anyone attending Prof. Kraus’s “Contracts” mock class? Are they serious that "You may or may not get called on." lolwut

User avatar
citygirl000
Posts: 170
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:26 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby citygirl000 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:48 am

...
Last edited by citygirl000 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sayornis
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:16 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sayornis » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:21 am

Still 2nd UR at 1/17.

174/3.95

WTF Penn.

adam1
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:36 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby adam1 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:36 am

sayornis wrote:Still 2nd UR at 1/17.

174/3.95

WTF Penn.


Does yours say held for further review in the top paragraph by any chance?

User avatar
loblaw016
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:57 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby loblaw016 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:56 am

moxy wrote:Updated from 2/17 to 3/15.

+1

brown822015
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:34 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby brown822015 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:12 pm

sayornis wrote:Still 2nd UR at 1/17.

174/3.95

WTF Penn.



You should call admissions and ask to speak directly to Dean Post. I was 2nd UR 1/12 up until last week when I finally called and spoke to her. I received my acceptance the following day.

justicefishy
Posts: 497
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby justicefishy » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:47 pm

brown822015 wrote:
sayornis wrote:Still 2nd UR at 1/17.

174/3.95

WTF Penn.



You should call admissions and ask to speak directly to Dean Post. I was 2nd UR 1/12 up until last week when I finally called and spoke to her. I received my acceptance the following day.


MVP love interest, especially if your numbers are stellar. What's the point in admitting someone if they're just going to go to Harvard or CCN.

ViennaGraben
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:22 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ViennaGraben » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:16 pm

citygirl000 wrote:
seahawk32 wrote:For those visiting the ASW next weekend, is anyone attending Prof. Kraus’s “Contracts” mock class? Are they serious that "You may or may not get called on." lolwut



I'm in that! I'm totally hiding in the back...


I'm in there too! Eeek! :)

sayornis
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:16 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sayornis » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:03 pm

adam1 wrote:
sayornis wrote:Still 2nd UR at 1/17.

174/3.95

WTF Penn.


Does yours say held for further review in the top paragraph by any chance?


Nope, just the regular blurb about how long it takes to process.

brown822015 wrote:You should call admissions and ask to speak directly to Dean Post. I was 2nd UR 1/12 up until last week when I finally called and spoke to her. I received my acceptance the following day.


I think I will do that! Thanks so much for the advice.

BTW, what did you talk about when you spoke to her? I just want to straght up say that I'm still interested in the school haha.
Last edited by sayornis on Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Lawbro
Posts: 294
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Lawbro » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:07 pm

Looks like there won't be answers today, sucks

jpal13
Posts: 278
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:53 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jpal13 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:03 pm

citygirl000 wrote:
seahawk32 wrote:For those visiting the ASW next weekend, is anyone attending Prof. Kraus’s “Contracts” mock class? Are they serious that "You may or may not get called on." lolwut



I'm in that! I'm totally hiding in the back...



I feel like an idiot reading that excerpt.

maxpower430
Posts: 410
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:16 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby maxpower430 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:43 pm

jpal13 wrote:
citygirl000 wrote:
seahawk32 wrote:For those visiting the ASW next weekend, is anyone attending Prof. Kraus’s “Contracts” mock class? Are they serious that "You may or may not get called on." lolwut



I'm in that! I'm totally hiding in the back...



I feel like an idiot reading that excerpt.


The civpro class also has a reading. was not expecting this lol

brown822015
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:34 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby brown822015 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:02 pm

sayornis wrote:
adam1 wrote:
sayornis wrote:Still 2nd UR at 1/17.

174/3.95

WTF Penn.


Does yours say held for further review in the top paragraph by any chance?


Nope, just the regular blurb about how long it takes to process.

brown822015 wrote:You should call admissions and ask to speak directly to Dean Post. I was 2nd UR 1/12 up until last week when I finally called and spoke to her. I received my acceptance the following day.


I think I will do that! Thanks so much for the advice.

BTW, what did you talk about when you spoke to her? I just want to straght up say that I'm still interested in the school haha.



I just told her that I was wondering why my application had been UR for so long (I had been complete for 16 weeks). I said I was extremely interested still. She told me she'd make a note on my application to speed it along in the process--which clearly she did since I heard back the next day.

raj
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:58 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby raj » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:21 pm

citygirl000 wrote:
seahawk32 wrote:For those visiting the ASW next weekend, is anyone attending Prof. Kraus’s “Contracts” mock class? Are they serious that "You may or may not get called on." lolwut



I'm in that! I'm totally hiding in the back...


I'm in that too! I could hear the "dun dun dun" in my head after the "You may or may not get called on" part. I'll be the one looking visibly concerned about this. haha.

User avatar
smaug_
Posts: 2195
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:06 pm

.

Postby smaug_ » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:35 pm

.
Last edited by smaug_ on Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
DonnaDraper
Posts: 280
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:30 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby DonnaDraper » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:43 pm

seahawk32 wrote:For those visiting the ASW next weekend, is anyone attending Prof. Kraus’s “Contracts” mock class? Are they serious that "You may or may not get called on." lolwut


Your email said "may or may not"? Consider yourself lucky, because mine said WILL.

"Good afternoon!

Attached you will find the reading for next Friday’s “Civil Procedure” mock class with Prof. Wax. Please read the materials carefully, although feel free to spend less time on the last page (with the revised rule). Some of you will get called on."

:shock:

pineappledazzler
Posts: 121
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:11 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby pineappledazzler » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:46 pm

sayornis wrote:Still 2nd UR at 1/17.

174/3.95

WTF Penn.


174/3.8 and in at all three of CCN...still on hold from 1/17 as well...and I did call and they said they were hoping to finalize within the next few weeks but gave no firm answer.

User avatar
QueMellow
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:09 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby QueMellow » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:18 pm

pineappledazzler wrote:
sayornis wrote:Still 2nd UR at 1/17.

174/3.95

WTF Penn.


174/3.8 and in at all three of CCN...still on hold from 1/17 as well...and I did call and they said they were hoping to finalize within the next few weeks but gave no firm answer.


"Within the next few weeks"? C'mon, Penn!

User avatar
seahawk32
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:19 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby seahawk32 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:56 pm

DonnaDraper wrote:
seahawk32 wrote:For those visiting the ASW next weekend, is anyone attending Prof. Kraus’s “Contracts” mock class? Are they serious that "You may or may not get called on." lolwut


Your email said "may or may not"? Consider yourself lucky, because mine said WILL.

"Good afternoon!

Attached you will find the reading for next Friday’s “Civil Procedure” mock class with Prof. Wax. Please read the materials carefully, although feel free to spend less time on the last page (with the revised rule). Some of you will get called on."

:shock:



Lol, I think they're saying the same thing.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”