Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
smokeylarue
Posts: 408
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:55 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby smokeylarue » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:12 pm

XCanadian91 wrote:
smokeylarue wrote:When do they send out wl emails typically? I just want this to be over, this is the last school Im waiting on, it's been over 12 weeks.

OH damn... stop your bitching. . . if you want an answer that bad, withdraw.


Lol holy chill the fuck out Canada man

smalltownsurprise
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:00 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby smalltownsurprise » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:27 pm

In via email and status checker! Stats in profile :)

User avatar
crumpledq
Posts: 335
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:28 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby crumpledq » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:30 pm

smalltownsurprise wrote:In via email and status checker! Stats in profile :)


Congratulations! Email because you're international?

User avatar
Nelson
Posts: 2061
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:43 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Nelson » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:31 pm

crumpledq wrote:
smalltownsurprise wrote:In via email and status checker! Stats in profile :)


Congratulations! Email because you're international?


cq any news?

User avatar
JDizzle2015
Posts: 638
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:16 pm

Re:

Postby JDizzle2015 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:33 pm

jlc141 wrote:Just got the call! Started tearing up on the phone, the woman who called probably thinks I'm nuts :P

CONGRATS!!!!! :D! :cry: hehe

User avatar
crumpledq
Posts: 335
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:28 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby crumpledq » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:39 pm

Nelson wrote:cq any news?


Alas, I have not received a call today. I wouldn't be surprised with a WL because my numbers are so strange. But of all the T10 schools I thought I had the best shot at Penn because, among other things, I have a great LOR from one of their profs and I wrote strong optional essays (IMHO :)).

Still holding out hope...

User avatar
Nelson
Posts: 2061
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:43 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Nelson » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:43 pm

crumpledq wrote:
Nelson wrote:cq any news?


Alas, I have not received a call today. I wouldn't be surprised with a WL because my numbers are so strange. But of all the T10 schools I thought I had the best shot at Penn because, among other things, I have a great LOR from one of their profs and I wrote strong optional essays (IMHO :)).

Still holding out hope...

:? I stilll think they'll take you since they seem to be showing signs of uncharacteristic splitter charity and with your ties to Penn I'd think you'd be first in line. Still crossing my fingers for you (and all of the other waiters in this thread).

Jewel628
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:21 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Jewel628 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:45 pm

crumpledq wrote:
Nelson wrote:cq any news?


Alas, I have not received a call today. I wouldn't be surprised with a WL because my numbers are so strange. But of all the T10 schools I thought I had the best shot at Penn because, among other things, I have a great LOR from one of their profs and I wrote strong optional essays (IMHO :)).

Still holding out hope...



Maybe Friday will be our day?! :mrgreen:

User avatar
crumpledq
Posts: 335
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:28 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby crumpledq » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:55 pm

Nelson wrote:
crumpledq wrote:
Nelson wrote:cq any news?


Alas, I have not received a call today. I wouldn't be surprised with a WL because my numbers are so strange. But of all the T10 schools I thought I had the best shot at Penn because, among other things, I have a great LOR from one of their profs and I wrote strong optional essays (IMHO :)).

Still holding out hope...

:? I stilll think they'll take you since they seem to be showing signs of uncharacteristic splitter charity and with your ties to Penn I'd think you'd be first in line. Still crossing my fingers for you (and all of the other waiters in this thread).


Thank you!! I really appreciate it. I've had much better results overall than I expected this cycle, though, so I don't have much to complain about even if they don't show me the splitter-love.

Here's to more happy decisions on Friday!

User avatar
cogitoergosum
Posts: 788
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 7:13 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cogitoergosum » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:06 pm

2nd UCR!! Man, really hoping for good news...

justicefishy
Posts: 497
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby justicefishy » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:08 pm

cogitoergosum wrote:2nd UCR!! Man, really hoping for good news...


Still on 1 for me :(

PDXNative
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:53 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby PDXNative » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:19 pm

emkay625 wrote:I think the last wave of calls has confirmed my suspscions that those of us who are forever 1/12 are destined to be forever dinged/forever waitlisted.


So what does that mean for those of us stuck on 12/12...?

User avatar
captainwasabi09
Posts: 161
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:18 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby captainwasabi09 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:24 pm

Apparently Penn won't be calling me today.

Should I stand outside her window and serenade her with the chorus of Adam Lambert's "If I Had You"?

User avatar
cogitoergosum
Posts: 788
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 7:13 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cogitoergosum » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:24 pm

PDXNative wrote:
emkay625 wrote:I think the last wave of calls has confirmed my suspscions that those of us who are forever 1/12 are destined to be forever dinged/forever waitlisted.


So what does that mean for those of us stuck on 12/12...?

Are you 12/12 or 1/12?

User avatar
KevinP
Posts: 1324
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby KevinP » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:41 pm

I hope I didn't speak too soon, but it looks like I live to be waitlisted/rejected another day.

User avatar
cogitoergosum
Posts: 788
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 7:13 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cogitoergosum » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:59 pm

KevinP wrote:I hope I didn't speak too soon, but it looks like I live to be waitlisted/rejected another day.

Come on kevinp, stop with that! i think you have a very good shot at penn..

User avatar
crumpledq
Posts: 335
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:28 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby crumpledq » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:07 pm

cogitoergosum wrote:
KevinP wrote:I hope I didn't speak too soon, but it looks like I live to be waitlisted/rejected another day.

Come on kevinp, stop with that! i think you have a very good shot at penn..


Group hug, guys! We're all in it together!

User avatar
cogitoergosum
Posts: 788
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 7:13 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cogitoergosum » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:17 pm

crumpledq wrote:
cogitoergosum wrote:
KevinP wrote:I hope I didn't speak too soon, but it looks like I live to be waitlisted/rejected another day.

Come on kevinp, stop with that! i think you have a very good shot at penn..


Group hug, guys! We're all in it together!

Insert high school musical pic here:

:)

User avatar
KevinP
Posts: 1324
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby KevinP » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:19 pm

crumpledq wrote:
cogitoergosum wrote:
KevinP wrote:I hope I didn't speak too soon, but it looks like I live to be waitlisted/rejected another day.

Come on kevinp, stop with that! i think you have a very good shot at penn..


Group hug, guys! We're all in it together!

Thanks!

@Cog: You are right. Hopefully your second UR signifies good news.

User avatar
AntipodeanPhil
Posts: 1300
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:02 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby AntipodeanPhil » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:00 pm

I have a question I'm hoping you guys can help me with. I got held at Penn almost two weeks ago, and I'm planning to send them something to show I'm still interested.

The hold email says: "Please feel free to submit additional supporting documents, such as one additional letter of recommendation, an updated resume, or an additional two page essay on the topic of your choice." My resume hasn't changed and it would take me ages to get a new LOR, so all I can send is an additional essay. I see two options:

1) Send a traditional LOCI (what I've been up to; why I still love Penn). I haven't been up to much, alas, and I already explained why I love Penn in the optional essay I submitted with my application.

2) Send a second essay on one of the "optional essay" topics. I could probably write something interesting about the work of art that most influenced my decision to study the law.

Any thoughts?

tjddk
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:05 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby tjddk » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:03 pm

AntipodeanPhil wrote:I have a question I'm hoping you guys can help me with. I got held at Penn almost two weeks ago, and I'm planning to send them something to show I'm still interested.

The hold email says: "Please feel free to submit additional supporting documents, such as one additional letter of recommendation, an updated resume, or an additional two page essay on the topic of your choice." My resume hasn't changed and it would take me ages to get a new LOR, so all I can send is an additional essay. I see two options:

1) Send a traditional LOCI (what I've been up to; why I still love Penn). I haven't been up to much, alas, and I already explained why I love Penn in the optional essay I submitted with my application.

2) Send a second essay on one of the "optional essay" topics. I could probably write something interesting about the work of art that most influenced my decision to study the law.

Any thoughts?


I would go with Option #2. It adds more *new* things to your application, and you can always throw in a tastefully worded line about how much you love Penn. I'm going with the second option myself (waitlisted) but since I didn't submit any optional essays to begin with, I guess I'll have my pick of topics...

tarheel12
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:49 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby tarheel12 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:08 pm

I got in today via phone call as well. Has anyone who received the call today received a followup email? Because I haven't...

User avatar
AntipodeanPhil
Posts: 1300
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:02 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby AntipodeanPhil » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:09 pm

tjddk wrote:I would go with Option #2. It adds more *new* things to your application, and you can always throw in a tastefully worded line about how much you love Penn. I'm going with the second option myself (waitlisted) but since I didn't submit any optional essays to begin with, I guess I'll have my pick of topics...

Thanks! I'm leaning that way.

You're in a better position, imo, since you can write the "Five Year Plan" essay, which is essentially a "Why Penn?"

User avatar
unicorny
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:26 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby unicorny » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:33 pm

tarheel12 wrote:I got in today via phone call as well. Has anyone who received the call today received a followup email? Because I haven't...


Yes, got one with the admitted students website link.

User avatar
seahawk32
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:19 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby seahawk32 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:36 pm

tarheel12 wrote:I got in today via phone call as well. Has anyone who received the call today received a followup email? Because I haven't...


I got in via e-mail with no phone call.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: curry1, JosefK, okf731 and 15 guests