Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
cogitoergosum
Posts: 788
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 7:13 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cogitoergosum » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:51 pm

Smumps wrote:
dakure wrote:Mine just changed to 1/18. Second update. Expecting the WL.


Considering no phone call, looks like that is where we are headed. I'd hope it's already too late in the day to get it, but I got my U Chicago WL email at about 6:30pm CST. Sadness.

I know it fluctuates (making this question maybe impossible), but does anyone have an idea (or a guess) of what % of people get off the WL at t14 schools? I'm not sure if spending hours and hours revising LOCI's and asking for new recs is worth it. Although I do want to go there!

Why do you conclude that you are likely headed to the WL?

User avatar
sharktankdean
Posts: 663
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:57 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sharktankdean » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:51 pm

I looked through previous stats and I have to say UPenn looooooooves to YP. When I further looked at urms it was also evident. Usually strong urms (not necessarily auto admits) get wait listed. So to some of the urms that got wailisted Upenn is def not an indicator of anything. Amc987 and vincinty U all are prob heading to better schools anyway.

jpal13
Posts: 278
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:53 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jpal13 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:52 pm

crumpledq wrote:
smokeylarue wrote:Crap I'm still stuck at first UR 12/19. Haven't been accepted, not held yet, not WL yet, no second update yet....


Same here. ACK. I <3 you, Penn. Please <3 me back.


Me too, 12/19 crew moving up. Penn is my number 1.

User avatar
smokeylarue
Posts: 408
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:55 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby smokeylarue » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:53 pm

crumpledq wrote:
smokeylarue wrote:Crap I'm still stuck at first UR 12/19. Haven't been accepted, not held yet, not WL yet, no second update yet....


Same here. ACK. I <3 you, Penn. Please <3 me back.


Same! I actually want to attend this school!!!! I honestly would be shocked if we got straight up dinged, our numbers are at least WL-worthy! Lol

snehpets
Posts: 1143
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby snehpets » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:53 pm

Mr. Somebody wrote:Did anyone who had their first UR on 1/12 get an update?


Yep, me.

User avatar
Smumps
Posts: 332
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:37 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Smumps » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:55 pm

cogitoergosum wrote:
Smumps wrote:
dakure wrote:Mine just changed to 1/18. Second update. Expecting the WL.


Considering no phone call, looks like that is where we are headed. I'd hope it's already too late in the day to get it, but I got my U Chicago WL email at about 6:30pm CST. Sadness.

I know it fluctuates (making this question maybe impossible), but does anyone have an idea (or a guess) of what % of people get off the WL at t14 schools? I'm not sure if spending hours and hours revising LOCI's and asking for new recs is worth it. Although I do want to go there!

Why do you conclude that you are likely headed to the WL?


1. Individually, I expect it based on my numbers. Very WL'ish numbers.

2. There were a number of us that went from 12/19 to 1/18. We didn't get calls, so obviously are not in. Means that we are either headed for UCR #2 (possible), or getting the WL/Hold email that people received today. My thought is that today was a day for a few acceptances, and a bunch of WL/Hold, and our changes reflect that.

User avatar
KevinP
Posts: 1324
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby KevinP » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:55 pm

Mr. Somebody wrote:Did anyone who had their first UR on 1/12 get an update?


Not me... I'm still stuck on 1/12.

User avatar
crumpledq
Posts: 335
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:28 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby crumpledq » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:59 pm

Smumps wrote: There were a number of us that went from 12/19 to 1/18.


This makes me worry that those of us stuck on 12/19 are headed for a ding. I have to admit, I'd be pretty bummed by that.

Or perhaps we were just at the bottom of the informal-hold pile and the second reviewer hasn't gotten to us yet?

User avatar
Rawlberto
Posts: 413
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:43 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Rawlberto » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:01 pm

I wish this school would hurry up and ding me already.

emcoast32
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:15 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby emcoast32 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:01 pm

still at first UCR 1/12

User avatar
cogitoergosum
Posts: 788
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 7:13 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cogitoergosum » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:05 pm

emcoast32 wrote:still at first UCR 1/12

same.

User avatar
wendys27
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:26 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby wendys27 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:07 pm

still complete at 12/7 would love some movement

User avatar
Rawlberto
Posts: 413
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:43 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Rawlberto » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:13 pm

Can someone link me to the status checker? My email can't seem to find it.

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:22 pm

Rawlberto wrote:Can someone link me to the status checker? My email can't seem to find it.


http://www.law.upenn.edu/prospective/jd/apply/

click on the "click here"

User avatar
JoeMo
Posts: 1518
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:29 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JoeMo » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:34 pm

Rawlberto wrote:I wish this school would hurry up and ding me already.


Me too

justicefishy
Posts: 497
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby justicefishy » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:51 pm

KevinP wrote:
Mr. Somebody wrote:Did anyone who had their first UR on 1/12 get an update?


Not me... I'm still stuck on 1/12.


Same, and your numbers give me hope that we're not rejected. :)

Jewel628
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:21 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Jewel628 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:17 pm

cogitoergosum wrote:
emcoast32 wrote:still at first UCR 1/12

same.



+1 Since UPENN is my number 1 choice--this waiting has been excruciating painful . . . :mrgreen:

pdftlvson
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby pdftlvson » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:27 pm

Got the call today! I'm in! I submitted my app 9/19...not sure when I went complete.

User avatar
jlc141
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:32 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jlc141 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:46 am

Checking in for the first time. Went complete 1/6 and haven't heard anything since. What I'm garnering from this thread so far is that I'm in for a loooong wait. Anyone else recently submit?

User avatar
avamango
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:36 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby avamango » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:14 am

Jewel628 wrote:
cogitoergosum wrote:
emcoast32 wrote:still at first UCR 1/12

same.

+1 :mrgreen:

+1

User avatar
zoohoo
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:37 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby zoohoo » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:14 pm

crumpledq wrote:
Smumps wrote: There were a number of us that went from 12/19 to 1/18.


This makes me worry that those of us stuck on 12/19 are headed for a ding. I have to admit, I'd be pretty bummed by that.

Or perhaps we were just at the bottom of the informal-hold pile and the second reviewer hasn't gotten to us yet?


damn. damn. damn.

lilhmoney
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:13 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby lilhmoney » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:17 pm

Hey wendys, I'm still ur 12/6. We must be really special.

snehpets
Posts: 1143
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby snehpets » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:19 pm

Smumps wrote:
1. Individually, I expect it based on my numbers. Very WL'ish numbers.

2. There were a number of us that went from 12/19 to 1/18. We didn't get calls, so obviously are not in. Means that we are either headed for UCR #2 (possible), or getting the WL/Hold email that people received today. My thought is that today was a day for a few acceptances, and a bunch of WL/Hold, and our changes reflect that.


Although I wasn't in the 12/19 group, I also updated to 1/18 (actually 1/17 but it happened on 1/18?). I thought my numbers were pretty good for Penn, but maybe not? I submitted kind of late, didn't write a Why Penn, and also just got WLed at Chicago, so it's possible that my app sucks.

However, I thought this thread had concluded that the dates mean nothing? Maybe I'm thinking of another school.

User avatar
Smumps
Posts: 332
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:37 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Smumps » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:22 pm

snehpets wrote:
Smumps wrote:
1. Individually, I expect it based on my numbers. Very WL'ish numbers.

2. There were a number of us that went from 12/19 to 1/18. We didn't get calls, so obviously are not in. Means that we are either headed for UCR #2 (possible), or getting the WL/Hold email that people received today. My thought is that today was a day for a few acceptances, and a bunch of WL/Hold, and our changes reflect that.


Although I wasn't in the 12/19 group, I also updated to 1/18 (actually 1/17 but it happened on 1/18?). I thought my numbers were pretty good for Penn, but maybe not? I submitted kind of late, didn't write a Why Penn, and also just got WLed at Chicago, so it's possible that my app sucks.

However, I thought this thread had concluded that the dates mean nothing? Maybe I'm thinking of another school.


I doubt the dates mean 1% as much as we think they do at ANY school :D

justicefishy
Posts: 497
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby justicefishy » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:24 pm

Wonder if it's too late to write a "Why Penn" or one of the supplemental ones. Still stuck at 1/12 for 1st UR so I might have time. My PS had a good amount of "Why Penn" in it (a lot about how awesome their cross-curricular program is) but I'm beginning to think another essay might be good. Thoughts?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: The_Pluviophile and 5 guests