Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
iamrobk
Posts: 485
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:31 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby iamrobk » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:37 pm

Congrats everyone who got accepted!

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JamMasterJ » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:38 pm

Killingly wrote:
JDizzle2015 wrote:
Killingly wrote:No I was 12/19 - 1/11, but I submitted way after you, I think. I wrote a badass Why Penn that had some humor/sports reference in it. I can only hope that they will find a female hockey-lover endearing.

I hope they do too! and hope that we're both making the tough M or P decision by the end of the day today. :D!


It would SERIOUSLY mess me up if I got Penn. I'd have so much thinking/visiting to do.

But look at me getting all ahead of myself.

where have you gotten in so far?

tjddk
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:05 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby tjddk » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:39 pm

justicefishy wrote:
Killingly wrote:
No I was 12/19 - 1/11, but I submitted way after you, I think. I wrote a badass Why Penn that had some humor/sports reference in it. I can only hope that they will find a female hockey-lover endearing.


I wonder if it's too late to write one. My personal statement had quite a bit of Why Penn in it, tied back to personal experiences, but I'm thinking it might not be a bad idea to write a dedicated essay. Thoughts? Maybe?


I think if you had enough "why penn" in your ps, I would probably leave it at that. Your application might end up back at the bottom of the pile with an addendum? I submitted an LSAT addendum long after my application was complete, and my status checker updated around the time Penn sent me a confirmation of receipt.

Regretting not writing a Why Penn, but don't think I could have written a meaningful one... And I hate the Flyers :wink: (though I'm also female hockey fan!)

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Killingly » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:41 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
Killingly wrote:
JDizzle2015 wrote:
Killingly wrote:No I was 12/19 - 1/11, but I submitted way after you, I think. I wrote a badass Why Penn that had some humor/sports reference in it. I can only hope that they will find a female hockey-lover endearing.

I hope they do too! and hope that we're both making the tough M or P decision by the end of the day today. :D!


It would SERIOUSLY mess me up if I got Penn. I'd have so much thinking/visiting to do.

But look at me getting all ahead of myself.

where have you gotten in so far?


Mich, GULC, WUSTL, BC, Fordham, and Uconn.

I feel bad, Jam. I know you haven't gotten a decision anywhere yet.

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Killingly » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:42 pm

tjddk wrote:
Regretting not writing a Why Penn, but don't think I could have written a meaningful one... And I hate the Flyers :wink: (though I'm also female hockey fan!)


Oh, eff the Flyers. I'm a die-hard Pens fan.

iamrobk
Posts: 485
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:31 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby iamrobk » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:42 pm

Killingly wrote:
tjddk wrote:
Regretting not writing a Why Penn, but don't think I could have written a meaningful one... And I hate the Flyers :wink: (though I'm also female hockey fan!)


Oh, eff the Flyers. I'm a die-hard Pens fan.

Oh boo, go somewhere else. :evil:

:P

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Killingly » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:46 pm

iamrobk wrote:
Killingly wrote:
tjddk wrote:
Regretting not writing a Why Penn, but don't think I could have written a meaningful one... And I hate the Flyers :wink: (though I'm also female hockey fan!)


Oh, eff the Flyers. I'm a die-hard Pens fan.

Oh boo, go somewhere else. :evil:

:P


Don't make me fight you. I'm small but very scrappy.

justicefishy
Posts: 497
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby justicefishy » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:47 pm

Killingly wrote:
iamrobk wrote:
Killingly wrote:
tjddk wrote:
Regretting not writing a Why Penn, but don't think I could have written a meaningful one... And I hate the Flyers :wink: (though I'm also female hockey fan!)


Oh, eff the Flyers. I'm a die-hard Pens fan.

Oh boo, go somewhere else. :evil:

:P


Don't make me fight you. I'm small but very scrappy.


You know, this is where I talk about how great our hockey team is but then I look at the Caps record and cry myself to sleep :) (Ovie, why hast thou forsaken us?!)

iamrobk
Posts: 485
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:31 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby iamrobk » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:48 pm

Killingly wrote:
iamrobk wrote:
Killingly wrote:
tjddk wrote:
Regretting not writing a Why Penn, but don't think I could have written a meaningful one... And I hate the Flyers :wink: (though I'm also female hockey fan!)


Oh, eff the Flyers. I'm a die-hard Pens fan.

Oh boo, go somewhere else. :evil:

:P


Don't make me fight you. I'm small but very scrappy.

I can already tell ASW is going to be very... interesting. :lol:

User avatar
JDizzle2015
Posts: 638
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:16 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JDizzle2015 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:49 pm

Killingly wrote:
iamrobk wrote:
Killingly wrote:
tjddk wrote:
Regretting not writing a Why Penn, but don't think I could have written a meaningful one... And I hate the Flyers :wink: (though I'm also female hockey fan!)


Oh, eff the Flyers. I'm a die-hard Pens fan.

Oh boo, go somewhere else. :evil:

:P


Don't make me fight you. I'm small but very scrappy.

lol! I hope we end up at the same school.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JamMasterJ » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:50 pm

Killingly wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:where have you gotten in so far?


Mich, GULC, WUSTL, BC, Fordham, and Uconn.

I feel bad, Jam. I know you haven't gotten a decision anywhere yet.

no news is good news, I guess, kill

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Killingly » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:52 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
Killingly wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:where have you gotten in so far?


Mich, GULC, WUSTL, BC, Fordham, and Uconn.

I feel bad, Jam. I know you haven't gotten a decision anywhere yet.

no news is good news, I guess, kill


I think it's strange with your LSAT score, but I suppose it seems plausible that everyone will use you to balance out their previous admits.

JDizzle: For this to happen, you must forsake NU. It will be hard, but you must.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JamMasterJ » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:53 pm

Killingly wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
Killingly wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:where have you gotten in so far?


Mich, GULC, WUSTL, BC, Fordham, and Uconn.

I feel bad, Jam. I know you haven't gotten a decision anywhere yet.

no news is good news, I guess, kill


I think it's strange with your LSAT score, but I suppose it seems plausible that everyone will use you to balance out their previous admits.

JDizzle: For this to happen, you must forsake NU. It will be hard, but you must.

that's what I'm hoping for. I think a lot of people with similar numbers are having slow cycles

justicefishy
Posts: 497
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby justicefishy » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:58 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:that's what I'm hoping for. I think a lot of people with similar numbers are having slow cycles


Yeah, there's no way that I manage to get into UVA with my much weaker numbers and you don't.

seanPtheB
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:06 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby seanPtheB » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:05 pm

Just got the acceptance call. What an unforgettable day after getting uchi earlier. Congrats to the other admits and the best of luck to those still waiting.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JamMasterJ » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:07 pm

seanPtheB wrote:Just got the acceptance call. What an unforgettable day after getting uchi earlier. Congrats to the other admits and the best of luck to those still waiting.

what are your UR dates?

seanPtheB
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:06 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby seanPtheB » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:10 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
seanPtheB wrote:Just got the acceptance call. What an unforgettable day after getting uchi earlier. Congrats to the other admits and the best of luck to those still waiting.

what are your UR dates?


Crap sorry, at the golf course but I submitted 10/31. That enough? I kinda sucked at tracking UR dates.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JamMasterJ » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:11 pm

seanPtheB wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
seanPtheB wrote:Just got the acceptance call. What an unforgettable day after getting uchi earlier. Congrats to the other admits and the best of luck to those still waiting.

what are your UR dates?


Crap sorry, at the golf course but I submitted 10/31. That enough? I kinda sucked at tracking UR dates.

unless it was yesterday or the day before

User avatar
so_fetch
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:37 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby so_fetch » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:12 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
jetissent wrote:I didn't write a why Penn but I live about 15 miles from the school so perhaps it was implicit... He said they were making a lot today and that they just reached final decisions about 2 hours ago on a lot of apps. Good luck everyone!

I'm guessing the 1/3s first, then possibly those of us with second UR yesterday and Wednesday

I am a 1/3'er.....no joke I was starting to write this post and then I got the call yaay :) good luck to all!
stats are in profile , I was complete 11/9 and UR for first time 11/22 and second time 1/3
also she said there is an email going out later today and also a lot of stuff getting mailed (did not say necessarily that it was mailed today)

User avatar
Mr. Somebody
Posts: 867
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:42 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Mr. Somebody » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:13 pm

Has anyone with 1 UR date heard yet (especially those of us who had to wait an eternity to finally go UR yesterday?)

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JamMasterJ » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:14 pm

so_fetch wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
jetissent wrote:I didn't write a why Penn but I live about 15 miles from the school so perhaps it was implicit... He said they were making a lot today and that they just reached final decisions about 2 hours ago on a lot of apps. Good luck everyone!

I'm guessing the 1/3s first, then possibly those of us with second UR yesterday and Wednesday

I am a 1/3'er.....no joke I was starting to write this post and then I got the call yaay :) good luck to all!
stats are in profile , I was complete 11/9 and UR for first time 11/22 and second time 1/3
also she said there is an email going out later today and also a lot of stuff getting mailed (did not say necessarily that it was mailed today)

so, so far only 1/3 second URs are in, unless Sean's dates are different?

User avatar
cogitoergosum
Posts: 788
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 7:13 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cogitoergosum » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:16 pm

Mr. Somebody wrote:Has anyone with 1 UR date heard yet (especially those of us who had to wait an eternity to finally go UR yesterday?)

This is relevant to my interests..

Jewel628
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:21 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Jewel628 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:17 pm

Me too

justicefishy
Posts: 497
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby justicefishy » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:17 pm

+1

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JamMasterJ » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:20 pm

cogitoergosum wrote:
Mr. Somebody wrote:Has anyone with 1 UR date heard yet (especially those of us who had to wait an eternity to finally go UR yesterday?)

This is relevant to my interests..

I don't think so. I think we're getting 1/3 second reviews today.
Maybe some 1/11-12 second reviews, but I feel like we'll get calls next Friday.
Then there will be people with 1 UR date later.

Obviously, I made this up




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Anon.y.mousse., Assasindowntheavenue, azaleafire, Imago Loop, jstans, Pugnax, q2w3e and 10 guests