Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:40 pm

^^

Maybe we will hear by Friday?

User avatar
Nelson
Posts: 2061
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:43 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Nelson » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:43 pm

msblaw89 wrote:^^

Maybe we will hear by Friday?

Hope so, good luck guys!

83947368
Posts: 323
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:16 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby 83947368 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:46 pm

.
Last edited by 83947368 on Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:52 pm

With all the 2nd UR on 1/3, 1/10, and today... I feel a batch coming.........Friday

User avatar
sharktankdean
Posts: 663
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:57 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sharktankdean » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:02 pm

msblaw89 wrote:With all the 2nd UR on 1/3, 1/10, and today... I feel a batch coming.........Friday


+1
Also i think you get a second update after the 2nd adcomm has read your file not before. I looked thru this thread and a number of people had their 2nd UR date on 12/20(tuesday) and were admitted 12/22 (thursday). So tomorrow may be possible but i'm not counting on it.

Also apart from ED has Penn sent out any rejections..can we just assume the RD decisions will be acceptances up until february when they start giving out WL (got this from last year's thread)

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:06 pm

sharktankdean wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:With all the 2nd UR on 1/3, 1/10, and today... I feel a batch coming.........Friday


+1
Also i think you get a second update after the 2nd adcomm has read your file not before. I looked thru this thread and a number of people had their 2nd UR date on 12/20(tuesday) and were admitted 12/22 (thursday). So tomorrow may be possible but i'm not counting on it.

Also apart from ED has Penn sent out any rejections..can we just assume the RD decisions will be acceptances up until february when they start giving out WL (got this from last year's thread)


I don't know, but if it is true I am on cloud nine!

User avatar
Nelson
Posts: 2061
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:43 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Nelson » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:10 pm

sharktankdean wrote:Also apart from ED has Penn sent out any rejections..can we just assume the RD decisions will be acceptances up until february when they start giving out WL (got this from last year's thread)

Don't think this is true. Pretty sure there were dings and WLs mixed in via email with the groups of calls last year (and that's reflected on LSN as well). This year on LSN I only see acceptances and dings so far.

User avatar
sharktankdean
Posts: 663
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:57 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sharktankdean » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:12 pm

So I looked at the wrong school...I'm sorry for the confusion, it looked like a mix of decisions for RD start to come out in Jan.

User avatar
Boston_NYG2245
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:00 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Boston_NYG2245 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:36 pm

msblaw89 wrote:^^

Maybe we will hear by Friday?


That's my guess. I'm still sitting at my 2nd UR date of 12/21 and would love a decision soon.

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:47 pm

Nelson wrote:
sharktankdean wrote:Also apart from ED has Penn sent out any rejections..can we just assume the RD decisions will be acceptances up until february when they start giving out WL (got this from last year's thread)

Don't think this is true. Pretty sure there were dings and WLs mixed in via email with the groups of calls last year (and that's reflected on LSN as well). This year on LSN I only see acceptances and dings so far.


And I am now deflated

User avatar
smokeylarue
Posts: 408
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:55 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby smokeylarue » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:08 pm

Still stuck at first UR 12/19. I'm smelling a waitlist here.

User avatar
fltanglab
Posts: 555
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:44 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby fltanglab » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:11 pm

smokeylarue wrote:Still stuck at first UR 12/19. I'm smelling a waitlist here.


Same here, but I would think rejection...

User avatar
crumpledq
Posts: 335
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:28 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby crumpledq » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:16 pm

fltanglab wrote:
smokeylarue wrote:Still stuck at first UR 12/19. I'm smelling a waitlist here.


Same here, but I would think rejection...


+1

User avatar
Campagnolo
Posts: 906
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Campagnolo » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:25 pm

I'm still "Complete" at 11/22.

Why?!?!?!? Oh, the humaaaaanity!!!

User avatar
acadec
Posts: 289
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 2:35 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby acadec » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:31 pm

Nelson wrote:I think some people have been stuck at complete/first review, but I'm pretty sure that most people who had 2 URs were in the next group of decisions. Now someone who's been stuck on second UR for a month can correct me...

Second UR on 12/8...waiting for the WL.

User avatar
Boston_NYG2245
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:00 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Boston_NYG2245 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:48 pm

acadec wrote:
Nelson wrote:I think some people have been stuck at complete/first review, but I'm pretty sure that most people who had 2 URs were in the next group of decisions. Now someone who's been stuck on second UR for a month can correct me...

Second UR on 12/8...waiting for the WL.


Have there been any RD decisions? If not then I wouldn't sweat it, you'll likely be in the first wave of decisions whether you're in or whatever else.

gloriouscause
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:10 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby gloriouscause » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:53 pm

Campagnolo wrote:I'm still "Complete" at 11/22.

Why?!?!?!? Oh, the humaaaaanity!!!


Im still complete as of 11/7. That can't be a good sign.

User avatar
Campagnolo
Posts: 906
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Campagnolo » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:58 pm

gloriouscause wrote:
Campagnolo wrote:I'm still "Complete" at 11/22.

Why?!?!?!? Oh, the humaaaaanity!!!


Im still complete as of 11/7. That can't be a good sign.


Nicht gut; nicht gut.

User avatar
hypothalamus
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby hypothalamus » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:21 pm

Campagnolo wrote:
gloriouscause wrote:
Campagnolo wrote:I'm still "Complete" at 11/22.

Why?!?!?!? Oh, the humaaaaanity!!!


Im still complete as of 11/7. That can't be a good sign.


Nicht gut; nicht gut.



Daaamn! I thought my Complete 12/23 was bad...

otomihsoy
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:19 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby otomihsoy » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:28 pm

luxxe wrote:I'm still stuck at 11/21 complete :x, submitted 11/13.

Above GPA median/right below LSAT median fwiw.



Exact same dates as me, just reverse the GPA and the LSAT. They could accept us both and everyone would be happy! :)

AbLSAT
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:40 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby AbLSAT » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:49 pm

Still stuck on file complete 11/22! Should I send a LOCI, would that help at all?

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:42 am

AbLSAT wrote:Still stuck on file complete 11/22! Should I send a LOCI, would that help at all?


It took me almost two months to go from complete to UR... As long as the other 11/22 completes have not gone UR I wouldn't worry

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:42 am

^^ plus, you need to factor in the week or so the office took off for the holidays

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Killingly » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:53 am

Finally moved from 12/19 UR to 1/11 UR. I must have updated after 6 pm because I was checking up until then.

Honestly, I'd be happy with a WL.

Edited for the impossibility of time-travel.
Last edited by Killingly on Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:55 am

So it seems to follow this... 12/19-->1/11 and 12/21-->1/10? Or did someone have something different?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], potterotter and 18 guests