Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
addy11
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:01 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby addy11 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:06 am

JamMasterJ wrote:
addy11 wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
ringo wrote:Seems like it... was really hoping to hear something today. Does this mean we're waiting until 2012?

I think a lot of people are out of office. I know Northwestern isn't doing anything today or Monday either


Yeah, I think most places are done until the 3rd. I'm pretty sure Berkeley and NYU are, at least officially.

the 3RD????????????????
this stinks


Yeah. I guess NYD is a Sunday, so everyone has off on Monday... of course having off is not such a blessing for us neurotic assholes who like to speculate about formatting changes and for whom one status check per hour is insufficient. :wink:

User avatar
KevinP
Posts: 1324
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby KevinP » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:07 am

avemundi wrote:Ugh, slightly bummed about being 'held' for ED - I'm right at their median, and it seems like plenty of non-URM people with weaker numbers got ED. I thought out-of-state UVA RD would be harder to get and yet.......gaaahhh. Oh well, Penn you're still my number one, I shall write you a pretty LOCI, so please be nicer :)

Btw, does anyone know when 'held' ED people hear back? I submitted around late September, but now I'm worried that my file's been pushed back to the bottom.

Sorry to hear that. What are your numbers if you don't mind me asking? I got deferred at Columbia, so I know how you feel.

JamMasterJ wrote:the 3RD????????????????
this stinks

Seems like it; the email Vandy sent me says they won't be open until the 2nd. JMJ, looking at your profile, I noticed you haven't gotten in anywhere yet. I'm surprised (and worried). Besides my acceptance to Vandy, we're in essentially similar situations.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JamMasterJ » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:10 am

KevinP wrote:
avemundi wrote:Ugh, slightly bummed about being 'held' for ED - I'm right at their median, and it seems like plenty of non-URM people with weaker numbers got ED. I thought out-of-state UVA RD would be harder to get and yet.......gaaahhh. Oh well, Penn you're still my number one, I shall write you a pretty LOCI, so please be nicer :)

Btw, does anyone know when 'held' ED people hear back? I submitted around late September, but now I'm worried that my file's been pushed back to the bottom.

Sorry to hear that. What are your numbers if you don't mind me asking? I got deferred at Columbia, so I know how you feel.

JamMasterJ wrote:the 3RD????????????????
this stinks

Seems like it; the email Vandy sent me says they won't be open until the 2nd. JMJ, looking at your profile, I noticed you haven't gotten in anywhere yet. I'm surprised (and worried). Besides my acceptance to Vandy, we're in essentially similar situations.

Yeah, I am too. I didn't apply lower than Northwestern though, because looking at graphs and stuff I figured at least one of CCN, M, NU was a sure thing and I'd be really happy at any of those schools. Now I'm starting to freak out a little.

User avatar
KevinP
Posts: 1324
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby KevinP » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:47 am

JamMasterJ wrote:Yeah, I am too. I didn't apply lower than Northwestern though, because looking at graphs and stuff I figured at least one of CCN, M, NU was a sure thing and I'd be really happy at any of those schools. Now I'm starting to freak out a little.

Well, at least no news doesn't necessarily mean bad news (I hope). As for the Chicago ED, they've taken some people with numbers that are lower than yours, so I think you have a really good shot. Good luck!

potl
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:35 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby potl » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:52 am

JamMasterJ wrote:
KevinP wrote:
avemundi wrote:Ugh, slightly bummed about being 'held' for ED - I'm right at their median, and it seems like plenty of non-URM people with weaker numbers got ED. I thought out-of-state UVA RD would be harder to get and yet.......gaaahhh. Oh well, Penn you're still my number one, I shall write you a pretty LOCI, so please be nicer :)

Btw, does anyone know when 'held' ED people hear back? I submitted around late September, but now I'm worried that my file's been pushed back to the bottom.

Sorry to hear that. What are your numbers if you don't mind me asking? I got deferred at Columbia, so I know how you feel.

JamMasterJ wrote:the 3RD????????????????
this stinks

Seems like it; the email Vandy sent me says they won't be open until the 2nd. JMJ, looking at your profile, I noticed you haven't gotten in anywhere yet. I'm surprised (and worried). Besides my acceptance to Vandy, we're in essentially similar situations.

Yeah, I am too. I didn't apply lower than Northwestern though, because looking at graphs and stuff I figured at least one of CCN, M, NU was a sure thing and I'd be really happy at any of those schools. Now I'm starting to freak out a little.


Dude - write a LOCI to Duke. I'm not saying that it's the best that you can do (and honestly, if it were, would that be such a bad thing?), but I think it would be a good for you to secure something. I can try to help you with it if you want; just PM me. After all of the pro-Jam hype from the UChicago thread, I've bought into wanting your success in law school admissions.

jpal13
Posts: 278
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:53 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jpal13 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:18 pm

avemundi wrote:Ugh, slightly bummed about being 'held' for ED - I'm right at their median, and it seems like plenty of non-URM people with weaker numbers got ED. I thought out-of-state UVA RD would be harder to get and yet.......gaaahhh. Oh well, Penn you're still my number one, I shall write you a pretty LOCI, so please be nicer :)

Btw, does anyone know when 'held' ED people hear back? I submitted around late September, but now I'm worried that my file's been pushed back to the bottom.


I'm sorry to hear that. I also wonder why that would be.

User avatar
thelawyler
Posts: 902
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:00 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby thelawyler » Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:17 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
KevinP wrote:
avemundi wrote:Ugh, slightly bummed about being 'held' for ED - I'm right at their median, and it seems like plenty of non-URM people with weaker numbers got ED. I thought out-of-state UVA RD would be harder to get and yet.......gaaahhh. Oh well, Penn you're still my number one, I shall write you a pretty LOCI, so please be nicer :)

Btw, does anyone know when 'held' ED people hear back? I submitted around late September, but now I'm worried that my file's been pushed back to the bottom.

Sorry to hear that. What are your numbers if you don't mind me asking? I got deferred at Columbia, so I know how you feel.

JamMasterJ wrote:the 3RD????????????????
this stinks

Seems like it; the email Vandy sent me says they won't be open until the 2nd. JMJ, looking at your profile, I noticed you haven't gotten in anywhere yet. I'm surprised (and worried). Besides my acceptance to Vandy, we're in essentially similar situations.

Yeah, I am too. I didn't apply lower than Northwestern though, because looking at graphs and stuff I figured at least one of CCN, M, NU was a sure thing and I'd be really happy at any of those schools. Now I'm starting to freak out a little.


I bet if you just apply in January to a few schools a bit lower down, they'll still give you an acceptance and a huge scholarship.

jpal13
Posts: 278
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:53 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jpal13 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:54 am

Is the adcomm going back tomorrow?

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:24 pm

jpal13 wrote:Is the adcomm going back tomorrow?

I hope so

addy11
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:01 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby addy11 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:28 pm

msblaw89 wrote:
jpal13 wrote:Is the adcomm going back tomorrow?

I hope so


The office is closed until the 3rd, but apparently file review has been going on all along. http://pennlaw.tumblr.com/post/14670896 ... iday-hours

Anyone have any movement since the 22nd?

jpal13
Posts: 278
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:53 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jpal13 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:02 pm

addy11 wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:
jpal13 wrote:Is the adcomm going back tomorrow?

I hope so


The office is closed until the 3rd, but apparently file review has been going on all along. http://pennlaw.tumblr.com/post/14670896 ... iday-hours

Anyone have any movement since the 22nd?


Very cool

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:25 pm

Went UR on the 21st I hope tO hear back by January... Too optimistic? I waited over a month and half to go UR

Nobody
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:17 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Nobody » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:42 pm

Probably not by January, since I think even if they're looking at apps this week they won't be sending out decisions.

I think it's ridiculous. How am I supposed to procrastinate at work without obsessively checking my inbox?

User avatar
Green Glass Windows
Posts: 743
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Green Glass Windows » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:12 pm

Nobody wrote:Probably not by January, since I think even if they're looking at apps this week they won't be sending out decisions.

I think it's ridiculous. How am I supposed to procrastinate at work without obsessively checking my inbox?


Right? Solution: Obsessively check inbox anyway.

User avatar
smokeylarue
Posts: 408
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:55 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby smokeylarue » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:11 pm

Pretty sure we should hear back in January all or most of us December UR status people.

addy11
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:01 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby addy11 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:54 pm

Just poked around Penn's law building while I am waiting for the Bolt Bus to NYC.

It's very impressive! Very large, modern and in a safe, seemingly lively area. Great views of the skyline, a nice park nearby and its outside is in the collegiate brick style that dominates on their UG campus.

I'll post pictures later if no one objects.

User avatar
scottybared
Posts: 150
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:15 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby scottybared » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:08 pm

addy11 wrote:I'll post pictures later if no one objects.


Go for it. It's always nice to see real pictures, not the official, staged pictures from the brochures or website.

User avatar
Mr. Somebody
Posts: 867
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:42 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Mr. Somebody » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:20 pm

Oh wow friends, almost January and still not UR. Maybe I should call them? I'm still complete in Mid-November

User avatar
Campagnolo
Posts: 906
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Campagnolo » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:24 pm

addy11 wrote:Just poked around Penn's law building while I am waiting for the Bolt Bus to NYC.

It's very impressive! Very large, modern and in a safe, seemingly lively area. Great views of the skyline, a nice park nearby and its outside is in the collegiate brick style that dominates on their UG campus.

I'll post pictures later if no one objects.


Definitely post pictures. If I were you, I would put the highlights in the Penn 2015 thread and put the rest here: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=120572

User avatar
amc987
Posts: 568
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:58 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby amc987 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:35 pm

Mr. Somebody wrote:Oh wow friends, almost January and still not UR. Maybe I should call them? I'm still complete in Mid-November


If UVA wins the award for most screwy admissions cadence this year, Penn is definitely a close second. I was complete 11/2 and just went UR last week, so I don't think that you should panic if your application is following the pattern mine (and many others) is. Penn seems to have fast tracked certain applications, though, so I wouldn't be surprised if people who were complete around or after you have already gone UR. People with my complete date had gotten accepted before I even went UR. So call if you feel so inclined, but I'm not sure you'll be able to garner any useful information about the process and your application status either way.

addy11
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:01 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby addy11 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:12 pm

Campagnolo wrote:
addy11 wrote:Just poked around Penn's law building while I am waiting for the Bolt Bus to NYC.

It's very impressive! Very large, modern and in a safe, seemingly lively area. Great views of the skyline, a nice park nearby and its outside is in the collegiate brick style that dominates on their UG campus.

I'll post pictures later if no one objects.


Definitely post pictures. If I were you, I would put the highlights in the Penn 2015 thread and put the rest here: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=120572


Ah, OK. I probably won't post them, then. They were hastily taken iPhone pics and don't add anything major that isn't already there.

Still, for those of you who haven't seen the pictures or the campus, it's worth a gander.

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:21 pm

During the 09-10 cycle, Penn made the majority if RD admits in earlish December... I wonder why the delay?

User avatar
Mr. Somebody
Posts: 867
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:42 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Mr. Somebody » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:34 pm

addy11 wrote:
Campagnolo wrote:
addy11 wrote:Just poked around Penn's law building while I am waiting for the Bolt Bus to NYC.

It's very impressive! Very large, modern and in a safe, seemingly lively area. Great views of the skyline, a nice park nearby and its outside is in the collegiate brick style that dominates on their UG campus.

I'll post pictures later if no one objects.


Definitely post pictures. If I were you, I would put the highlights in the Penn 2015 thread and put the rest here: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=120572


Ah, OK. I probably won't post them, then. They were hastily taken iPhone pics and don't add anything major that isn't already there.

Still, for those of you who haven't seen the pictures or the campus, it's worth a gander.


The pictures of Penn in that thread are beautiful.

EMZE
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:53 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby EMZE » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:15 pm

Following

User avatar
Boston_NYG2245
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:00 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Boston_NYG2245 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:05 am

Think we'll see any decisions this week?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: amberb94, Baby Gaga, christinaxcarrie, curry1, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], joezze, Kungfu Wontons, MSNbot Media, Nobiggie, notausername, root_beer, wishywashy and 35 guests