Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
curiousgeorgia
Posts: 291
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby curiousgeorgia » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:21 am

Okay Penn, we know your secrets. We know the committee met today. We know your holiday break starts next week. The jig is up, so you can stop playing coy and teasing us by withholding our decisions.

So pretty, pretty, pretty please give us some movement tomorrow?

We will love you forever, we promise.

User avatar
smokeylarue
Posts: 408
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:55 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby smokeylarue » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:16 am

Looking at LSN from last year, there was a wave of December admits who submitted as late as early November (but it wasn't big), but it looks like January is when most of us will hear back. :(

jpal13
Posts: 278
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:53 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jpal13 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:48 am

D
Last edited by jpal13 on Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

jpal13
Posts: 278
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:53 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jpal13 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:54 am

jpal13 wrote:
smokeylarue wrote:Looking at LSN from last year, there was a wave of December admits who submitted as late as early November (but it wasn't big), but it looks like January is when most of us will hear back. :(


+1 with tears I think you are right

I'm surprised that they have next week off, are you sure?

hoya11
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:27 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby hoya11 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:01 am

deleted
Last edited by hoya11 on Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

curiousgeorgia
Posts: 291
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby curiousgeorgia » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:07 am

jpal13 wrote:I'm surprised that they have next week off, are you sure?


By "starts next week" I meant that it starts at some point next week. I think they will be in for part of it, because they told RD candidates that some of them would hear by the 23rd, but I don't think they'll work the whole week. Then again, maybe they will.

The not knowing is killing me!

jpal13
Posts: 278
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:53 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jpal13 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:59 am

curiousgeorgia wrote:
jpal13 wrote:I'm surprised that they have next week off, are you sure?


By "starts next week" I meant that it starts at some point next week. I think they will be in for part of it, because they told RD candidates that some of them would hear by the 23rd, but I don't think they'll work the whole week. Then again, maybe they will.

The not knowing is killing me!


Ditto, I don't even know why I'm obsessing over it now, I'm not even UR and been complete since 10/31. I'm thinking mid to late jan for me.

User avatar
Blessedassurance
Posts: 2081
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:42 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Blessedassurance » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:24 pm

curiousgeorgia wrote:...Then again, maybe [they] will.


I see what you did there.

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:31 pm

Blessedassurance wrote:
curiousgeorgia wrote:...Then again, maybe [they] will.


I see what you did there.

lil wayne?

User avatar
Blessedassurance
Posts: 2081
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:42 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Blessedassurance » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:35 pm

msblaw89 wrote:
Blessedassurance wrote:
curiousgeorgia wrote:...Then again, maybe [they] will.


I see what you did there.

lil wayne?


Yup...

curiousgeorgia
Posts: 291
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby curiousgeorgia » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:10 pm

Blessedassurance wrote:
curiousgeorgia wrote:...Then again, maybe [they] will.


I see what you did there.


Nicely done. For picking up on an unintentional lil wayne reference, I give you an automatic acceptance.

(If only I had that power)

keldrian
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:10 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby keldrian » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:55 pm

omg. just opened my email and I'M IN!

I was leaning towards Cornell cuz its close to my UG but not anymore!
Super excited.

Submitted around mid Oct, ED, 167 and 3.8X

User avatar
DonnaDraper
Posts: 280
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:30 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby DonnaDraper » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:00 pm

keldrian wrote:omg. just opened my email and I'M IN!

I was leaning towards Cornell cuz its close to my UG but not anymore!
Super excited.

Submitted around mid Oct, ED, 167 and 3.8X


Whoa! An ED straggler! CONGRATS! Yay classmates :-)

hoya11
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:27 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby hoya11 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:16 pm

keldrian wrote:omg. just opened my email and I'M IN!


Congrats!!

jasonxu89
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:43 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jasonxu89 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:19 pm

Omg!!!! I am in!!! Just got the phone call!! 168/3.9x ED. See all of you in Philly!

iamrobk
Posts: 485
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:31 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby iamrobk » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:29 pm

Just got a missed call from the same number that called me for my phone interview. No voicemail though... not sure if I should call back or what.

User avatar
tamarind49
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:12 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby tamarind49 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:30 pm

My status just updated from 11/30 UCR to 12/15, RD applicant. I'm quite new to the Penn thread.. does this mean anything more than simply being reviewed once more?

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Killingly » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:31 pm

iamrobk wrote:Just got a missed call from the same number that called me for my phone interview. No voicemail though... not sure if I should call back or what.


Wait a couple minutes then call back! GL!!

jasonxu89
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:43 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jasonxu89 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:34 pm

jasonxu89 wrote:Omg!!!! I am in!!! Just got the phone call!! 168/3.9x ED. See all of you in Philly!


If it is 215 898 7400, I believe you are in!

iamrobk
Posts: 485
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:31 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby iamrobk » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:35 pm

Dean Post just called again. I'm in! Great way for me to start my winter break.

User avatar
DonnaDraper
Posts: 280
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:30 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby DonnaDraper » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:37 pm

YAY congrats everyone!

User avatar
so_fetch
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:37 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby so_fetch » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:37 pm

iamrobk wrote:Dean Post just called again. I'm in! Great way for me to start my winter break.

congrats!

All I want for Christmas is to go under review at Penn . Well , ok there are a few more application-related things that I want but you get the picture

User avatar
Nelson
Posts: 2061
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:43 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Nelson » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:51 pm

iamrobk wrote:Dean Post just called again. I'm in! Great way for me to start my winter break.


Congrats!

User avatar
acadec
Posts: 289
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 2:35 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby acadec » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:03 pm

tamarind49 wrote:My status just updated from 11/30 UCR to 12/15, RD applicant. I'm quite new to the Penn thread.. does this mean anything more than simply being reviewed once more?

If I were speculating wildly, I'd say that for RD applicants who've received two UCR updates, they made decisions by the date of the second update, but wanted to hold off on sending them until all the ED decisions were out (I think there's a group of us that got our second update on 12/8). But who would want to speculate wildly about law school admissions?

User avatar
Nelson
Posts: 2061
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:43 am

Re: Penn c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Nelson » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:05 pm

acadec wrote:
tamarind49 wrote:My status just updated from 11/30 UCR to 12/15, RD applicant. I'm quite new to the Penn thread.. does this mean anything more than simply being reviewed once more?

If I were speculating wildly, I'd say that for RD applicants who've received two UCR updates, they made decisions by the date of the second update, but wanted to hold off on sending them until all the ED decisions were out (I think there's a group of us that got our second update on 12/8). But who would want to speculate wildly about law school admissions?

I think this is probably right. I haven't heard of anyone having more than 2 updates. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure that some EDs got in after only one update (thinking of DonnaDraper).

I guess with this second round of EDs today, RD is probably not going to start until next week. Now we can start rampantly speculating on what day.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”