Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
smaug_
Posts: 2195
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:06 pm

.

Postby smaug_ » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:47 pm

.
Last edited by smaug_ on Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

muddup
Posts: 96
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:23 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby muddup » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:57 pm

hibiki wrote:
WhiteGuy5 wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:does anyone know whether there were a disproportionate number of holds this year?


Didn't we agree awhile ago that they did?

Also--someone on LSN just got waitlisted. My new theory: everyone who was going to get accepted was accepted yesterday, Reserves from this point on, starting now.


Not saying you're wrong, but they wouldn't have all of the requested LOCIs if that were true, meaning that they asked people to write LOCIs intending to reserve them anyway. I forgot if you're held/reserved/in, WhiteGuy5, but if you're held, I'd hold out some modicum of hope.


Ya well those of us who weren't requested for LOCI, we goners?

poligal
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:22 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby poligal » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:02 pm

Just got reserved fyi

Part of the silence group

OSSplitter
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:29 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby OSSplitter » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:24 pm

poligal wrote:Just got reserved fyi

Part of the silence group


Sorry to hear that, Poli. I'm still in the "held" group, and still waiting. With reserves going out around this time of day yesterday (and again today, obviously), I'm really hoping for nothing til tomorrow.

Syme
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:52 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Syme » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:29 pm

Withdrew today. Hope it helps.

User avatar
smaug_
Posts: 2195
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:06 pm

.

Postby smaug_ » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:36 pm

.
Last edited by smaug_ on Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

poligal
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:22 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby poligal » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:48 pm

OSSplitter wrote:
poligal wrote:Just got reserved fyi

Part of the silence group


Sorry to hear that, Poli. I'm still in the "held" group, and still waiting. With reserves going out around this time of day yesterday (and again today, obviously), I'm really hoping for nothing til tomorrow.


Thanks! I knew it was coming but each day of silence gave me hope. I am hoping that since I am one of the latter ones to get the reserve that perhaps that means they were really considering me. Hopefully that increases my chances of getting in? Probably should start being realistic...

muddup
Posts: 96
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:23 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby muddup » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:01 pm

poligal wrote:
OSSplitter wrote:
poligal wrote:Just got reserved fyi

Part of the silence group


Sorry to hear that, Poli. I'm still in the "held" group, and still waiting. With reserves going out around this time of day yesterday (and again today, obviously), I'm really hoping for nothing til tomorrow.


Thanks! I knew it was coming but each day of silence gave me hope. I am hoping that since I am one of the latter ones to get the reserve that perhaps that means they were really considering me. Hopefully that increases my chances of getting in? Probably should start being realistic...


Ok, can we--non-accepted applicants--post our 1) our status and 2) our current top choice? Thank you all =)

ED->RD, radio silence.
Cornell $120k.

OSSplitter
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:29 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby OSSplitter » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:09 pm

RD -> Held -> LOCI sent (though unasked for, I guess)
GW

poligal
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:22 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby poligal » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:34 pm

And just because I had some free time, it appears no one was accepted off the reserve in 2011 or 2010. I could be wrong but I found the reserve pages and skimmed through them until the end. A handful of people rode it out until the 3rd reserve but no one was admitted ultimately.

OSSplitter
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:29 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby OSSplitter » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:49 pm

poligal wrote:And just because I had some free time, it appears no one was accepted off the reserve in 2011 or 2010. I could be wrong but I found the reserve pages and skimmed through them until the end. A handful of people rode it out until the 3rd reserve but no one was admitted ultimately.


Oh, man. I wish you hadn't had that free time because then we might have had a chance at getting off the reserved list!

J/K - thanks for doing the legwork on this, downer though it may be.

Geneva
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:32 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Geneva » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:52 pm

just got back from ASW where i met someone that was on "first reserve". idk if that means something like gulc's "special group in preferred waitlist" status, but maybe there is hope for some of u? i will probably withdraw next week and no doubt others will as well. good luck!

LtSmith
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:20 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby LtSmith » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:06 pm

Reserved.

Held. LOCI request early April.

Lame.

dasneak
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:20 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby dasneak » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:13 pm

Hey all. Just got my 'Reserve' email today (first I've heard from them since submitting my application.)

I'm a 3.3/172 (Very bad freshman year in undergrad thinking I wanted to be pre-med, but stellar GPA since then which will hopefully help.)
Is it worth it to send a LOCI? An extra LOR? A supplemental "Why Columbia?" essay?

Any/all advice would help. Good luck to all of you.

YesNoMaybe
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:10 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby YesNoMaybe » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:15 pm

.
Last edited by YesNoMaybe on Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

muddup
Posts: 96
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:23 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby muddup » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:19 pm

YesNoMaybe wrote:Does anyone have any insight into what are chances are?


Having I been writing my thesis too long?

Ok, what are your numbers?

YesNoMaybe
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:10 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby YesNoMaybe » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:35 pm

.
Last edited by YesNoMaybe on Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:53 pm

I think the reason why they're taking so long with our decisions is because of the whole secret service/prostitutes in Columbia scandal. I don't see how that has anything to do with the admissions office but it must have slowed them down or something. Obama couldn't have picked a worser time to visit his alma mater. :roll: Thanks a lot Barry!

whatevs32
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:22 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby whatevs32 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:54 pm

I got the email requesting me for an LOCI on Friday, April 13 and was just accepted today at 2:30.

User avatar
blue_c
Posts: 196
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:06 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby blue_c » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:01 pm

whatevs32 wrote:I got the email requesting me for an LOCI on Friday, April 13 and was just accepted today at 2:30.

Sweet!

horrorbusiness
Posts: 669
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:49 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby horrorbusiness » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:15 pm

obviously reserves get admitted or (more likely) denied for admission this year, but do they ever get offered a deferred admission for next year?

User avatar
pupshaw
Posts: 504
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:08 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby pupshaw » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:18 pm

WhiteGuy5 wrote:I think the reason why they're taking so long with our decisions is because of the whole secret service/prostitutes in Columbia scandal. I don't see how that has anything to do with the admissions office but it must have slowed them down or something. Obama couldn't have picked a worser time to visit his alma mater. :roll: Thanks a lot Barry!

:shock: :?

User avatar
zworykin
Posts: 449
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 4:18 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby zworykin » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:25 pm

WhiteGuy5 wrote:I think the reason why they're taking so long with our decisions is because of the whole secret service/prostitutes in Columbia scandal. I don't see how that has anything to do with the admissions office but it must have slowed them down or something. Obama couldn't have picked a worser time to visit his alma mater. :roll: Thanks a lot Barry!


:?: Is this a Colbert impression, or something? I'm assuming it's a joke but I don't think I'm getting it :(

OSSplitter
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:29 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby OSSplitter » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:27 pm

zworykin wrote:
WhiteGuy5 wrote:I think the reason why they're taking so long with our decisions is because of the whole secret service/prostitutes in Columbia scandal. I don't see how that has anything to do with the admissions office but it must have slowed them down or something. Obama couldn't have picked a worser time to visit his alma mater. :roll: Thanks a lot Barry!


:?: Is this a Colbert impression, or something? I'm assuming it's a joke but I don't think I'm getting it :(


Columbia = Colombia...

User avatar
zworykin
Posts: 449
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 4:18 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby zworykin » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:45 pm

OSSplitter wrote:
zworykin wrote:
WhiteGuy5 wrote:I think the reason why they're taking so long with our decisions is because of the whole secret service/prostitutes in Columbia scandal. I don't see how that has anything to do with the admissions office but it must have slowed them down or something. Obama couldn't have picked a worser time to visit his alma mater. :roll: Thanks a lot Barry!


:?: Is this a Colbert impression, or something? I'm assuming it's a joke but I don't think I'm getting it :(


Columbia = Colombia...


Yes, because I didn't get that, clearly :roll:

I was just hoping there was something else to the joke, because I like WG5 and was hoping there was something actually funny there and I just wasn't seeing it.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Kaziende and 2 guests