Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
horrorbusiness
Posts: 669
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:49 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby horrorbusiness » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:41 pm

also just got reserved

muddup
Posts: 96
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:23 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby muddup » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:55 pm

Barca10 wrote:Still have not heard anything....at all...ever. What's going on!?!?!


Yep. Same boat.

poligal
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:22 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby poligal » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:29 pm

muddup wrote:
Barca10 wrote:Still have not heard anything....at all...ever. What's going on!?!?!


Yep. Same boat.


Same here too. I was bracing for the email but it never came. I keep telling myself no news is good news. I did submit(without them asking) a LOCI a week ago (give or take).

Elric
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:27 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Elric » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:31 pm

URM December submit, radio silence until today when I was reserved.

That email attachment added a whole nother level of anxiety :|

User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:34 pm

maxpower430 wrote:I was held, got the LOCI request and was just now reserved as well, oh well, will be withdrawing shortly in all likelihood. good luck everyone


Elric wrote:URM December submit, radio silence until today when I was reserved.

That email attachment added a whole nother level of anxiety :|


Just to be clear, you both got that LOCI request email a few weeks ago right? Did you guys actually send an LOCI?

User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:55 pm

Also:

Damn today was a bloodbath. =[

QuasiAmbitious
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:45 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby QuasiAmbitious » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:22 pm

People who did not get that email seemed to go down the Reserve path. The remaining question is: what did the LOCI email mean? If you got it, are you in? Or are you in only if you sent an LOCI? Or...was it just a mass email to people above a certain index number and you still have a hurdle to pass (regardless if you sent an LOCI or not)?

Does anyone's decision today shed light on this? Held applicant with the LOCI email request here. Still waiting. Checked my email like an addict all day today.

muddup
Posts: 96
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:23 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby muddup » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:27 pm

QuasiAmbitious wrote:People who did not get that email seemed to go down the Reserve path.


that would me me TT

naf34
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:59 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby naf34 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:30 pm

Reserved- 168/4.0, submitted september.

maxpower430
Posts: 410
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:16 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby maxpower430 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:57 pm

WhiteGuy5 wrote:
maxpower430 wrote:I was held, got the LOCI request and was just now reserved as well, oh well, will be withdrawing shortly in all likelihood. good luck everyone


Elric wrote:URM December submit, radio silence until today when I was reserved.

That email attachment added a whole nother level of anxiety :|


Just to be clear, you both got that LOCI request email a few weeks ago right? Did you guys actually send an LOCI?


I did get the request, and I wrote a LOCI, though I did submit it kind of last second. hth.

DBishops
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:17 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby DBishops » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:08 pm

I got in last week, but just found out today. Sorry to everybody with the reserves today... To be honest I thought I'd be rejected, don't lose hope!

EMZE
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:53 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby EMZE » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:14 pm

Held ED with nuffin.

User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:20 pm

DBishops wrote:I got in last week, but just found out today. Sorry to everybody with the reserves today... To be honest I thought I'd be rejected, don't lose hope!


Stats? Dates? Held? LOCI email? Did you write one? URM?

User avatar
poultry
Posts: 128
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:34 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby poultry » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:40 pm

WhiteGuy5 wrote:
DBishops wrote:I got in last week, but just found out today. Sorry to everybody with the reserves today... To be honest I thought I'd be rejected, don't lose hope!


Stats? Dates? Held? LOCI email? Did you write one? URM?


I would let you in seriously, for your obsession and out-of-whack sense of humor.

DBishops
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:17 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby DBishops » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:24 pm

WhiteGuy5 wrote:
DBishops wrote:I got in last week, but just found out today. Sorry to everybody with the reserves today... To be honest I thought I'd be rejected, don't lose hope!


Stats? Dates? Held? LOCI email? Did you write one? URM?


Highest LSAT is 170+, GPA 3.9+ (LSDAS) submitted in October, I was held, no LOCI email, nor did I write one. I am not a URM.

Elric
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:27 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Elric » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:35 pm

WhiteGuy5 wrote:
maxpower430 wrote:I was held, got the LOCI request and was just now reserved as well, oh well, will be withdrawing shortly in all likelihood. good luck everyone


Elric wrote:URM December submit, radio silence until today when I was reserved.

That email attachment added a whole nother level of anxiety :|


Just to be clear, you both got that LOCI request email a few weeks ago right? Did you guys actually send an LOCI?



I never got a LOCI request and never sent one in...they did say in the email that I could send something in if I want to, and that they might contact me in the future to send in additional things to help them decide.

User avatar
KevinP
Posts: 1324
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby KevinP » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:11 pm

Thanks again everyone!

muddup wrote:Congratz again!!! You must be sooo excited! I hope to join you this fall (fingers crossed)!

I'ma cross my fingers for you as well!

EMZE wrote:Held ED with nuffin.

Don't give up hope... I had. ED deferral is historically a "soft" rejection, so I'm absolutely amazed that I got in.

Themaddh
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:27 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Themaddh » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:50 pm

KevinP wrote:Thanks again everyone!

muddup wrote:Congratz again!!! You must be sooo excited! I hope to join you this fall (fingers crossed)!

I'ma cross my fingers for you as well!

EMZE wrote:Held ED with nuffin.

Don't give up hope... I had. ED deferral is historically a "soft" rejection, so I'm absolutely amazed that I got in.


Congrats dude

nfohey
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:06 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby nfohey » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:40 pm

Reserved yesterday as well. Held a few weeks ago, sent in a LOCI but never got the email asking for one.

User avatar
FavoriteColorGRUE
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:57 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby FavoriteColorGRUE » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:53 pm

is there another Columbia WL thread? just wondering where i should expend my lurking efforts.

Harlyn
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:06 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Harlyn » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:57 pm

FavoriteColorGRUE wrote:is there another Columbia WL thread? just wondering where i should expend my lurking efforts.

+1

User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:05 pm

All this talk about a WL thread is seriously bummin' me out.

And no more JMJ in this thread it seems. Ugh. :cry: Life is not being very cool right now.

Can someone already accepted or something muster up the energy to look at LSN at overanalyze/speculate about our chances now?

User avatar
so_fetch
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:37 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby so_fetch » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:12 pm

naf34 wrote:Reserved- 168/4.0, submitted september.

I got "reserved" yesterday. submitted mid-december. Was held (I dont remember when) before and have not heard anything since. stats in profile. good luck to all!

User avatar
Mr. Somebody
Posts: 867
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:42 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Mr. Somebody » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:12 pm

WhiteGuy5 wrote:All this talk about a WL thread is seriously bummin' me out.

And no more JMJ in this thread it seems. Ugh. :cry: Life is not being very cool right now.

Can someone already accepted or something muster up the energy to look at LSN at overanalyze/speculate about our chances now?


Not sure how useful LSN is at this point. Last year, last acceptance went out on 3/28.

User avatar
smaug_
Posts: 2195
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:06 pm

.

Postby smaug_ » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:14 pm

.
Last edited by smaug_ on Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, JazzyMac, lillawyer2 and 5 guests