Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:50 am

What does it say about my chances at CLS if....

1. I wrote them a kickass LOCI before they sent out that email (which I received)
2. I've made it known that I would prefer to attend CLS
3. My numbers are better than almost everybody who has been accepted recently
4. I submitted almost 6 months ago
5. They've had me on Hold since February
6. And still no word...

???????????

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JamMasterJ » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:06 am

WhiteGuy5 wrote:What does it say about my chances at CLS if....

1. I wrote them a kickass LOCI before they sent out that email (which I received)
2. I've made it known that I would prefer to attend CLS
3. My numbers are better than almost everybody who has been accepted recently
4. I submitted almost 6 months ago
5. They've had me on Hold since February
6. And still no word...

???????????

My guess is that your chances are very good. I'm starting to get really worried that I didn't get a LOCI request like all the recent hold admits

User avatar
thelawyler
Posts: 902
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:00 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby thelawyler » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:48 am

JamMasterJ wrote:
WhiteGuy5 wrote:What does it say about my chances at CLS if....

1. I wrote them a kickass LOCI before they sent out that email (which I received)
2. I've made it known that I would prefer to attend CLS
3. My numbers are better than almost everybody who has been accepted recently
4. I submitted almost 6 months ago
5. They've had me on Hold since February
6. And still no word...

???????????

My guess is that your chances are very good. I'm starting to get really worried that I didn't get a LOCI request like all the recent hold admits


Let's go cry together in our unwanted corner.

But shit bro, I just saw your LSN. Andddddd you deserve this more than I do. :(

justicefishy
Posts: 497
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby justicefishy » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:31 am

thelawyler wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
WhiteGuy5 wrote:What does it say about my chances at CLS if....

1. I wrote them a kickass LOCI before they sent out that email (which I received)
2. I've made it known that I would prefer to attend CLS
3. My numbers are better than almost everybody who has been accepted recently
4. I submitted almost 6 months ago
5. They've had me on Hold since February
6. And still no word...

???????????

My guess is that your chances are very good. I'm starting to get really worried that I didn't get a LOCI request like all the recent hold admits


Let's go cry together in our unwanted corner.

But shit bro, I just saw your LSN. Andddddd you deserve this more than I do. :(


I didn't get that request either. I'm thinking I might just withdraw from Columbia given I'm pretty happy with where I'm into now.

User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:36 am

JamMasterJ wrote:
WhiteGuy5 wrote:What does it say about my chances at CLS if....

1. I wrote them a kickass LOCI before they sent out that email (which I received)
2. I've made it known that I would prefer to attend CLS
3. My numbers are better than almost everybody who has been accepted recently
4. I submitted almost 6 months ago
5. They've had me on Hold since February
6. And still no word...

???????????

My guess is that your chances are very good. I'm starting to get really worried that I didn't get a LOCI request like all the recent hold admits


FWIW, I don't feel particularly special right now. There's 10 days left until the 24th/my NYU scholarship deadline, and their accepting people who don't help their numbers as much as I do. Conclusion: they've found a reason NOT to accept me.

User avatar
Parmenides
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:13 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Parmenides » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:12 pm

I just got the acceptance email!
I was held a while ago, and recently got the request for LoCI/more information. I sent a letter and mentioned an academic award and some extracurricular stuff.
I'm not sure going is in the cards for me financially, but it is very exciting.

ETA: After all this time of going to the mailbox each day hoping to be surprised by a VCE, it's a little disappointing that I'll know it's coming now.

nfohey
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:06 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby nfohey » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:36 pm

After looking at everyone else's numbers, I realize I have about a 0.0001% chance of getting in off the hold list. My only hope is that they don't have anyone in from Iowa and they think it's really important to have another state represented. Something tells me that's not the case though...

User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:38 pm

Parmenides wrote:I just got the acceptance email!
I was held a while ago, and recently got the request for LoCI/more information. I sent a letter and mentioned an academic award and some extracurricular stuff.
I'm not sure going is in the cards for me financially, but it is very exciting.

ETA: After all this time of going to the mailbox each day hoping to be surprised by a VCE, it's a little disappointing that I'll know it's coming now.


The fact that we have identical numbers is very discouraging for me. Bullshit.

Congratulations bro! Good luck on the financial aid part of the show! :D

madvillain
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 10:39 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby madvillain » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:41 pm

WhiteGuy5 wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
WhiteGuy5 wrote:What does it say about my chances at CLS if....

1. I wrote them a kickass LOCI before they sent out that email (which I received)
2. I've made it known that I would prefer to attend CLS
3. My numbers are better than almost everybody who has been accepted recently
4. I submitted almost 6 months ago
5. They've had me on Hold since February
6. And still no word...

???????????

My guess is that your chances are very good. I'm starting to get really worried that I didn't get a LOCI request like all the recent hold admits


FWIW, I don't feel particularly special right now. There's 10 days left until the 24th/my NYU scholarship deadline, and their accepting people who don't help their numbers as much as I do. Conclusion: they've found a reason NOT to accept me.


I'm in a similar boat WhiteGuy, other than not being a white guy (assuming you are indeed a white guy). Good stats, better than most recent admits, still held. Not sure how to proceed at this point, it seems so late in the cycle, esp since it seems LOCI are not changing things too much. Leaning towards NYU's scholarship offer- and since I'm going to NYU's ASW next week, that might just seal the deal for me between N and C, assuming I even get in.

User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:43 pm

madvillain wrote:(assuming you are indeed a white guy).


It's...complicated.

User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:52 pm

In addition to the numbers thing...just about EVERYONE who has been accepted this week applied AFTER I did.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JamMasterJ » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:24 pm

WhiteGuy5 wrote:In addition to the numbers thing...just about EVERYONE who has been accepted this week applied AFTER I did.

I think you get in once they realize that they def aren't hitting 173

User avatar
blue_c
Posts: 196
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:06 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby blue_c » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:23 pm

Accepted via email

3.72/173 Non-URM
Applied end of December
3/23 held,
received LOCI request email,
never received an updated transcript request for fall grades

I think that's everything.

User avatar
Bronck
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Bronck » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:25 pm

blue_c wrote:Accepted via email

3.72/173 Non-URM
Applied end of December
3/23 held,
received LOCI request email,
never received an updated transcript request for fall grades

I think that's everything.


Grats bro. Gonna be joining me here instead of NYU? Or NYU still your number one?

User avatar
blue_c
Posts: 196
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:06 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby blue_c » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:38 pm

Bronck wrote:
blue_c wrote:Accepted via email

3.72/173 Non-URM
Applied end of December
3/23 held,
received LOCI request email,
never received an updated transcript request for fall grades

I think that's everything.


Grats bro. Gonna be joining me here instead of NYU? Or NYU still your number one?

I'm pretty sure Columbia is a better fit, and I'll be there in the end. Just don't quote me on that (not literally).

User avatar
kuddlykoala
Posts: 132
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:29 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby kuddlykoala » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:44 pm

Congrats to the newly accepted!
Guess there is one more week left. But realistically, with the looks of it, seems like most holds will be headed to reserve.
:roll: :(

User avatar
Bronck
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Bronck » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:48 pm

blue_c wrote:
Bronck wrote:
blue_c wrote:Accepted via email

3.72/173 Non-URM
Applied end of December
3/23 held,
received LOCI request email,
never received an updated transcript request for fall grades

I think that's everything.


Grats bro. Gonna be joining me here instead of NYU? Or NYU still your number one?

I'm pretty sure Columbia is a better fit, and I'll be there in the end. Just don't quote me on that (not literally).


Sweet :mrgreen: Lemme know how things turn out!

User avatar
Tiago Splitter
Posts: 15459
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:20 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Tiago Splitter » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:48 pm

Congrats blue















C

User avatar
Dino_Spumoni
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:48 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Dino_Spumoni » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:34 pm

Admitted today!

Applied in mid-October and held.
172/3.8

flv
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:31 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby flv » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:36 pm

When did you guys get your LOCI requests?

User avatar
StartSomething
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:49 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby StartSomething » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:38 pm

Have any held EDers heard anything?

cj03
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:10 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cj03 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:41 pm

I was placed on reserve today...It seems like I only get bad news when I'm very hung over

User avatar
Greenandgold
Posts: 259
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Greenandgold » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:06 pm

kuddlykoala wrote:Congrats to the newly accepted!
Guess there is one more week left. But realistically, with the looks of it, seems like most holds will be headed to reserve.
:roll: :(



From the looks of what? Holds have been getting acceptances all week, today included.

poligal
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:22 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby poligal » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:24 pm

I applied back in early Feb and it's been radio silence since. I did send 2 LOCI(a little overkill probably but now they know Ill deposit asap) and got receipt that they were received. Should I assume I am a waitlist at best but most likely a rejection at this point? Have they done a lot of rejections already?

dasneak
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:20 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby dasneak » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:28 pm

Applied in early February...still absolutely nothing. Is it worth it to send a LOCI despite not having heard anything? Can I just assume rejection, or waitlist at best?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: chasima, hellohalo, Houzy, lawschool2017712, notnecessarilyproper, playersball, smashbash, stratton_oakmont and 17 guests