Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
knickerbocker
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:04 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby knickerbocker » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:24 pm

Hi Cjcregg,
Here is the form: --LinkRemoved--
Here is the spreadsheet summarizing the responses: --LinkRemoved--
Knickerbocker

User avatar
cjcregg
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cjcregg » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:58 pm

Thanks!

User avatar
jetissent
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:33 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jetissent » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:07 pm

mikeylikesit wrote:And nothing for me, forever.


+1

User avatar
zworykin
Posts: 449
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 4:18 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby zworykin » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:08 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
FryBreadPower wrote:Curious when they are going to start dealing with the holds.

My guess is in the next week. I think they will have a first tier that they really want, and if some of those decide to withdraw, they will move to other tiers. This is conjecture; I haven't looked at LSN to see how it went down in the past, but my guess is that they will need to admit some holds before the self-imposed deadline



I actually took this big wave of holds last week as a sign that there will be little or no movement at all this week. Sort of their way of telling us that they'll be busy with the ASW this week and we can take a short break from worrying about it.

snehpets
Posts: 1143
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby snehpets » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:08 pm

mikeylikesit wrote:And nothing for me, forever.


Image

Totally wasn't trying to be rude/insensitive with this AT ALL. The way you put it just made me lol.

User avatar
jetissent
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:33 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jetissent » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:58 am

I +1'ed the initial comment and the gif had me laughing like crazy. It was brilliant.

More of the story: Columbia is a mean girl.

User avatar
clarion
Posts: 192
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:53 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby clarion » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:20 am

jetissent wrote:I +1'ed the initial comment and the gif had me laughing like crazy. It was brilliant.

More of the story: Columbia is a mean girl.


+1 hahah. I wonder if Columbia would care that my father invented Toaster Strudel... If nothing else it might AT LEAST get them to acknowledge that I exist :P

User avatar
jwalterweatherman
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:07 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jwalterweatherman » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:05 pm

Just withdrew - I hope one of you guys gets to take advantage of the empty slot! I've mostly lurked a lot here, but I wish everyone the best of luck.

redtiger
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:17 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby redtiger » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:36 pm

I tend to be more of a lurker than a commenter, so I may have missed this if it was already discussed, but what does total silence from Columbia? I went complete in September and, apart from a letter about women at Columbia, I haven't heard a single thing. Is this effectively a rejection and they simply haven't gotten around to letting me know? I'd love your point of view as I need to figure out what my options are. Thanks.

User avatar
aekea
Posts: 236
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:10 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby aekea » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:44 pm

redtiger wrote:I tend to be more of a lurker than a commenter, so I may have missed this if it was already discussed, but what does total silence from Columbia? I went complete in September and, apart from a letter about women at Columbia, I haven't heard a single thing. Is this effectively a rejection and they simply haven't gotten around to letting me know? I'd love your point of view as I need to figure out what my options are. Thanks.

Being complete for that long means that, for whatever reason, you're a borderline candidate. Borderline of what is hard to say. I think it's unlikely you're a straight rejection if they considered you for that long. I think it's still possible you'll get accepted outright, but a hold or a reserve might be more likely at this point. Basically though, you can't be sure about anything until they actually give you some sort of decision.

redtiger
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:17 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby redtiger » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:11 pm

aekea wrote:
redtiger wrote:I tend to be more of a lurker than a commenter, so I may have missed this if it was already discussed, but what does total silence from Columbia? I went complete in September and, apart from a letter about women at Columbia, I haven't heard a single thing. Is this effectively a rejection and they simply haven't gotten around to letting me know? I'd love your point of view as I need to figure out what my options are. Thanks.

Being complete for that long means that, for whatever reason, you're a borderline candidate. Borderline of what is hard to say. I think it's unlikely you're a straight rejection if they considered you for that long. I think it's still possible you'll get accepted outright, but a hold or a reserve might be more likely at this point. Basically though, you can't be sure about anything until they actually give you some sort of decision.


Okay, thanks. Is there any date where they will give you some kind of closure, even if its just the waitlist/reserve? I'm starting to run up against other deadlines. Should I let them know that?

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JamMasterJ » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:52 pm

redtiger wrote:
aekea wrote:
redtiger wrote:I tend to be more of a lurker than a commenter, so I may have missed this if it was already discussed, but what does total silence from Columbia? I went complete in September and, apart from a letter about women at Columbia, I haven't heard a single thing. Is this effectively a rejection and they simply haven't gotten around to letting me know? I'd love your point of view as I need to figure out what my options are. Thanks.

Being complete for that long means that, for whatever reason, you're a borderline candidate. Borderline of what is hard to say. I think it's unlikely you're a straight rejection if they considered you for that long. I think it's still possible you'll get accepted outright, but a hold or a reserve might be more likely at this point. Basically though, you can't be sure about anything until they actually give you some sort of decision.


Okay, thanks. Is there any date where they will give you some kind of closure, even if its just the waitlist/reserve? I'm starting to run up against other deadlines. Should I let them know that?

I'm guessing April 24, or whatever the deadline for holds is

nfohey
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:06 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby nfohey » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:31 pm

Held on Friday. Does anyone know how Columbia has handled reverse splitters in the past? Judging by the high 25th-75h LSATs it doesn't look good for me, but I'm just holding out hope that they'll take a small LSAT hit for a boost in GPA.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JamMasterJ » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:07 pm

nfohey wrote:Held on Friday. Does anyone know how Columbia has handled reverse splitters in the past? Judging by the high 25th-75h LSATs it doesn't look good for me, but I'm just holding out hope that they'll take a small LSAT hit for a boost in GPA.

how low are we talking?

nfohey
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:06 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby nfohey » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:29 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
nfohey wrote:Held on Friday. Does anyone know how Columbia has handled reverse splitters in the past? Judging by the high 25th-75h LSATs it doesn't look good for me, but I'm just holding out hope that they'll take a small LSAT hit for a boost in GPA.

how low are we talking?


169 LSAT, 3.85 GPA

User avatar
Elliott_Smith
Posts: 379
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:34 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Elliott_Smith » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:34 pm

In via email just now.

I'm absolutely speechless.

Submitted in November, held my application for December scores, radio silence since then.

Still in shock.

Elric
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:27 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Elric » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:38 pm

Elliott_Smith wrote:In via email just now.

I'm absolutely speechless.

Submitted in November, held my application for December scores, radio silence since then.

Still in shock.


Congratulations!!

User avatar
mikeylikesit
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:17 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby mikeylikesit » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:45 pm

Elliott! Congrats dude!

Law4889
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:32 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Law4889 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:50 pm

Congrats! Any held EDers out there?

User avatar
knickerbocker
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:04 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby knickerbocker » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:57 pm

Congratulations to everyone who gets in today.
Hate to say it, but I think today is the last day that there's real hope of getting in. According to LSN, the last Monday of March 2011 was the last day that anyone got in. Today is the last Monday of 2012.
Of course, some may have been acccepted later but not posted that to LSN, but the outlook is still pretty grim.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JamMasterJ » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:01 pm

knickerbocker wrote:Congratulations to everyone who gets in today.
Hate to say it, but I think today is the last day that there's real hope of getting in. According to LSN, the last Monday of March 2011 was the last day that anyone got in. Today is the last Monday of 2012.
Of course, some may have been acccepted later but not posted that to LSN, but the outlook is still pretty grim.

well, I think the consensus is that things are happening a little later across the board this year. A source told me that they weren't going to be reviewing held applications until the first week of April, which I guess is false, but still probably means something. I really don't think they are gonna stop accepting people only a week after the last round of holds.

User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:07 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
knickerbocker wrote:Congratulations to everyone who gets in today.
Hate to say it, but I think today is the last day that there's real hope of getting in. According to LSN, the last Monday of March 2011 was the last day that anyone got in. Today is the last Monday of 2012.
Of course, some may have been acccepted later but not posted that to LSN, but the outlook is still pretty grim.

well, I think the consensus is that things are happening a little later across the board this year. A source told me that they weren't going to be reviewing held applications until the first week of April, which I guess is false, but still probably means something. I really don't think they are gonna stop accepting people only a week after the last round of holds.


Yeah , let's hold off on all this pessimism ok guys? This cycle has been a bit different, and we know that they are using their Holds a bit differently this year.

User avatar
Greenandgold
Posts: 259
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Greenandgold » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:09 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
knickerbocker wrote:Congratulations to everyone who gets in today.
Hate to say it, but I think today is the last day that there's real hope of getting in. According to LSN, the last Monday of March 2011 was the last day that anyone got in. Today is the last Monday of 2012.
Of course, some may have been acccepted later but not posted that to LSN, but the outlook is still pretty grim.

well, I think the consensus is that things are happening a little later across the board this year. A source told me that they weren't going to be reviewing held applications until the first week of April, which I guess is false, but still probably means something. I really don't think they are gonna stop accepting people only a week after the last round of holds.


I dont think the poster who got accepted today was ever held. I think he had Columbia wait to review his application until after the December LSAT scores were released, so your source was probably still correct.

User avatar
sailboat
Posts: 114
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:43 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sailboat » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:14 pm

In via email. Submitted in October, and was one of the silence people (no hold email, though clearly I was effectively a soft hold).

Oh, and they hope I can make it to the ASW that starts the day after tomorrow. Kind of hilarious.

User avatar
Elliott_Smith
Posts: 379
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:34 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Elliott_Smith » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:15 pm

Thanks guys, and good luck to those of you still waiting!

Correct, I wasn't held, just forgotten/radio silence




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 2chainz_mang, Baby Gaga, dmc1275, Exabot [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], idissent, jdanz, mccracal, Mr. Bubbles, MSNbot Media, premalone, stratton_oakmont, Torres1893, xn3345 and 44 guests