Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
melt
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:16 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby melt » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:37 pm

Just got Held!!!

kmh504
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:02 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby kmh504 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:40 pm

melt wrote:Just got Held!!!


Complete date?? lol Asking everyone.

User avatar
smokeylarue
Posts: 408
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:55 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby smokeylarue » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:51 pm

Shockingly no hold yet.... Perhaps destined for the reserve list?

melt
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:16 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby melt » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:53 pm

kmh504 wrote:
melt wrote:Just got Held!!!


Complete date?? lol Asking everyone.


Feb 15

kmh504
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:02 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby kmh504 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:24 pm

Mr. Somebody wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:how do you attempt to log into ASW???

law.columbia.edu/admittedstudent

password: admitcls2015

then go to register decision


Was just browsing through old threads....guess CLS changed the password on us :)

User avatar
hypothalamus
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby hypothalamus » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:26 pm

kmh504 wrote:
Mr. Somebody wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:how do you attempt to log into ASW???

law.columbia.edu/admittedstudent

password: admitcls2015

then go to register decision


Was just browsing through old threads....guess CLS changed the password on us :)


Oh boy :D :D You guys are, like, two months late for that party :D

User avatar
ru1ess
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:39 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ru1ess » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:27 pm

1/31 complete, and complete silence since.. Hoping this is good

kmh504
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:02 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby kmh504 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:30 pm

hypothalamus wrote:
kmh504 wrote:
Mr. Somebody wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:how do you attempt to log into ASW???

law.columbia.edu/admittedstudent

password: admitcls2015

then go to register decision


Was just browsing through old threads....guess CLS changed the password on us :)


Oh boy :D :D You guys are, like, two months late for that party :D


lol soo upset.

User avatar
smokeylarue
Posts: 408
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:55 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby smokeylarue » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:39 pm

VCE! ON THE WEST COAST! OCTOBER SUBMITTER! SUBPAR NUMBERS! NEVER GIVE UP!

edit- letter is 3/5 postmark, still in shock!
Last edited by smokeylarue on Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
lovelaughliv
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:36 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby lovelaughliv » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:41 pm

smokeylarue wrote:VCE! ON THE WEST COAST! OCTOBER SUBMITTER! SUBPAR NUMBERS! NEVER GIVE UP!

That's awesome! Congrats!

kmh504
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:02 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby kmh504 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:44 pm

smokeylarue wrote:VCE! ON THE WEST COAST! OCTOBER SUBMITTER! SUBPAR NUMBERS! NEVER GIVE UP!

edit- letter is 3/5 postmark, still in shock!


Congrats smokey! Exact numbers/URM if you don't mind - feel free to PM! :D lol

User avatar
MachineLemon
Posts: 375
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:47 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby MachineLemon » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:46 pm

Congrats to the admits!!!

October submitter. Radio silence. Pretty perplexing. Gotta start making my mind up very soon, too.

User avatar
smokeylarue
Posts: 408
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:55 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby smokeylarue » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:48 pm

kmh504 wrote:
smokeylarue wrote:VCE! ON THE WEST COAST! OCTOBER SUBMITTER! SUBPAR NUMBERS! NEVER GIVE UP!

edit- letter is 3/5 postmark, still in shock!


Congrats smokey! Exact numbers/URM if you don't mind - feel free to PM! :D lol


No need to pm! they're 172 and 3.68. Sorry I guess subpar is an exaggeration but I thought for sure the GPA would keep me out judging by the all the ridiculously good numbers getting held. Not a URM either, plain vanilla white dude.

kmh504
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:02 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby kmh504 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:51 pm

smokeylarue wrote:
kmh504 wrote:
smokeylarue wrote:VCE! ON THE WEST COAST! OCTOBER SUBMITTER! SUBPAR NUMBERS! NEVER GIVE UP!

edit- letter is 3/5 postmark, still in shock!


Congrats smokey! Exact numbers/URM if you don't mind - feel free to PM! :D lol


No need to pm! they're 172 and 3.68. Sorry I guess subpar is an exaggeration but I thought for sure the GPA would keep me out judging by the all the ridiculously good numbers getting held. Not a URM either, plain vanilla white dude.


Vanilla is yum. and yeah...definitely an exaggeration there lol But congrats again!

User avatar
dingbat
Posts: 4976
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby dingbat » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:12 pm

MachineLemon wrote:Congrats to the admits!!!

October submitter. Radio silence. Pretty perplexing. Gotta start making my mind up very soon, too.

My view si that we are put on a maybe pile and Columbia is waiting for the February LSATs and the application deadline - as in, if there are (relatively) a lot of really strong new candidates, we're SOL, but if the revised pool is really weak we'll be in like Flynn.
Basically it can be considered a primary waitlist - if there aren't enough strong candidates (or a large amount of withdrawals), they'll accept people from the maybe list.
Then, once April rolls in, if there aren't enough seat deposits, they start pulling from the Waitlist.

Note: I have no factual basis for this. But I'm very good at figuring out why things are the way they are

User avatar
Tiago Splitter
Posts: 15487
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:20 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Tiago Splitter » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:11 pm

dingbat wrote:
MachineLemon wrote:Congrats to the admits!!!

October submitter. Radio silence. Pretty perplexing. Gotta start making my mind up very soon, too.

My view si that we are put on a maybe pile and Columbia is waiting for the February LSATs and the application deadline - as in, if there are (relatively) a lot of really strong new candidates, we're SOL, but if the revised pool is really weak we'll be in like Flynn.
Basically it can be considered a primary waitlist - if there aren't enough strong candidates (or a large amount of withdrawals), they'll accept people from the maybe list.
Then, once April rolls in, if there aren't enough seat deposits, they start pulling from the Waitlist.

Note: I have no factual basis for this. But I'm very good at figuring out why things are the way they are


columbia wrote:
December–January

Sunday, Dec. 11: Last LSAT administration date that meets Columbia Law School’s regular admission deadline

Sunday, Jan. 1: Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) forms may be submitted to the government, if applying for financial aid

Wednesday, Feb. 15: Regular admission application deadline

User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:32 pm

Tiago for Poster of the Year Most Likely to Rain on the Parade.

User avatar
dingbat
Posts: 4976
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby dingbat » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:55 pm

Ok, so I'm wrong about late applicants - it doesn't affect my comment about the February LSAT.
Results were due yesterday

User avatar
nine-and-fifty
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:53 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby nine-and-fifty » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:00 pm

dingbat wrote:Ok, so I'm wrong about late applicants - it doesn't affect my comment about the February LSAT.
Results were due yesterday


It does insofar as it indicates that the last acceptable LSAT for this cycle was in December.

User avatar
dingbat
Posts: 4976
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby dingbat » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:06 pm

nine-and-fifty wrote:
dingbat wrote:Ok, so I'm wrong about late applicants - it doesn't affect my comment about the February LSAT.
Results were due yesterday


It does insofar as it indicates that the last acceptable LSAT for this cycle was in December.


Uh, say what?
Now I feel like an idiot
(not that it matters, I rocked September - but I had high hopes)

User avatar
Tiago Splitter
Posts: 15487
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:20 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Tiago Splitter » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:09 pm

dingbat wrote:
nine-and-fifty wrote:
dingbat wrote:Ok, so I'm wrong about late applicants - it doesn't affect my comment about the February LSAT.
Results were due yesterday


It does insofar as it indicates that the last acceptable LSAT for this cycle was in December.


Uh, say what?
Now I feel like an idiot
(not that it matters, I rocked September - but I had high hopes)


Haha no worries dude. I'm sure there are still apps that came in late and are in the early stages of review, so on some level your theory works.

User avatar
zworykin
Posts: 449
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 4:18 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby zworykin » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:22 pm

Radio silence... still... :evil:

User avatar
ssteiner
Posts: 142
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:26 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ssteiner » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:22 pm

zworykin wrote:Radio silence... still... :evil:


+1

User avatar
luxxe
Posts: 830
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:12 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby luxxe » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:50 pm

ssteiner wrote:
zworykin wrote:Radio silence... still... :evil:


+1


Same. I'm dying here.

If I am just waiting on a rejection letter or a reserve, Columbia.......

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JamMasterJ » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:21 pm

ssteiner wrote:
zworykin wrote:Radio silence... still... :evil:


+1

yep




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 88234, AFtoLawschool, bleakchimera2, bloomsday, Dodocogon, Google Adsense [Bot], jdanz, jer0689, joeytribbiani, Keilz, lvlaw3, mav1993, okf731, proteinshake, splitterfromhell, Thelaw23, thg1870, ThorB, tinafeyclone, votebuilder1 and 49 guests