Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
snehpets
Posts: 1143
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby snehpets » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:00 pm

Yeshia90 wrote:
thederangedwang wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:anyone know why LSN looks so much more predictable for Columbia and NYU than it does for Chicago?

class size....same reason why harvard is more predictable than yale


For the class of 2014, Columbia had 406 matriculants, and NYU had 450. It's hardly a great disparity.


That's the point they're making. NYu and Columbia are BOTH significantly larger than uchi

thederangedwang
Posts: 1124
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:44 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby thederangedwang » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:04 pm

thanks Yeshia for supporting my argument???????

User avatar
Yeshia90
Posts: 988
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:23 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Yeshia90 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:16 pm

snehpets wrote:
Yeshia90 wrote:
thederangedwang wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:anyone know why LSN looks so much more predictable for Columbia and NYU than it does for Chicago?

class size....same reason why harvard is more predictable than yale


For the class of 2014, Columbia had 406 matriculants, and NYU had 450. It's hardly a great disparity.


That's the point they're making. NYu and Columbia are BOTH significantly larger than uchi


Whoops, misread that. My bad. I just have troubling coming to terms with the fact that the second city inferiority complex is so great that Chicago keeps coming up in NYC school threads.

User avatar
Tiago Splitter
Posts: 15459
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:20 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Tiago Splitter » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:22 pm

The rush to judgement and subsequent RC fail suggests the inferiority complex may be running in the other direction :wink:

User avatar
hyakku
Posts: 604
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:35 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby hyakku » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:49 pm

Can anyone tell me how long it took for their app to go complete? Columbia has all my forms except my Application form which is strange to me since I submitted through LSAC. I'm wondering if they are waiting for a third LOR even though I'm pretty sure I explicitly marked the box allowing them to start my review before it came in. I know CLS is usually later on in the year, but I just want to make sure that my app goes complete and everything is in before I've got to deal with this later, and I haven't been able to find the answer earlier in the thread.

User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:05 pm

hyakku wrote:Can anyone tell me how long it took for their app to go complete? Columbia has all my forms except my Application form which is strange to me since I submitted through LSAC. I'm wondering if they are waiting for a third LOR even though I'm pretty sure I explicitly marked the box allowing them to start my review before it came in. I know CLS is usually later on in the year, but I just want to make sure that my app goes complete and everything is in before I've got to deal with this later, and I haven't been able to find the answer earlier in the thread.


1-2 weeks. Don't worry, they're slow.

User avatar
RonnyDworkin
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:01 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby RonnyDworkin » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:06 pm

WhiteGuy5 wrote:
hyakku wrote:Can anyone tell me how long it took for their app to go complete? Columbia has all my forms except my Application form which is strange to me since I submitted through LSAC. I'm wondering if they are waiting for a third LOR even though I'm pretty sure I explicitly marked the box allowing them to start my review before it came in. I know CLS is usually later on in the year, but I just want to make sure that my app goes complete and everything is in before I've got to deal with this later, and I haven't been able to find the answer earlier in the thread.


1-2 weeks. Don't worry, they're slow.



Compared to some other schools, Columbia was actually quite fast. But yes on the 1-2 weeks statement.

User avatar
Take Two
Posts: 552
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:30 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Take Two » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:06 pm

Just got my "application is complete email"

Good luck in the admissions process and we hope to welcome you here as a member of the Class of 2015!


I hope so too! I feel like there is an easy solution to this.... :D

rachelwang712
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:07 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby rachelwang712 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:58 am

just got an information booklet from Columbia.
only a week after my submission and this booklet traveled all the way from US to China. Hope that is the sign that they love me.

spakesneaker
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:01 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby spakesneaker » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:56 am

Crap, guys.

I applied ED but my ED contract still isn't in. Overnighting it again. Even considering walking it over since I live in NYC. LSAC also says my app wasn't submitted until after midnight on the 16TH for some reason. Eek.

User avatar
WhatzReal
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:51 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby WhatzReal » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:01 pm

spakesneaker wrote:Crap, guys.

I applied ED but my ED contract still isn't in. Overnighting it again. Even considering walking it over since I live in NYC. LSAC also says my app wasn't submitted until after midnight on the 16TH for some reason. Eek.


As long as you submitted before midnight on the 15th, I think you're fine
I read somewhere on TLS that they allow 2 weeks before they move you to RD
so just drop off ur contract as fast as u can and u should be ok

I think...

User avatar
suspicious android
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby suspicious android » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:11 am

WhatzReal wrote:
As long as you submitted before midnight on the 15th, I think you're fine
I read somewhere on TLS that they allow 2 weeks before they move you to RD
so just drop off ur contract as fast as u can and u should be ok


This is a bit confusing, other app checkers list whether your are RD or ED, but I don't see that for Columbia. I applied ED, got my complete e-mail today, but no mention of my ED status. I'm not gonna call them up about it, but I am a bit nervous that they possibly didn't get my ED contract.

Themaddh
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:27 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Themaddh » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:45 am

suspicious android wrote:
WhatzReal wrote:
As long as you submitted before midnight on the 15th, I think you're fine
I read somewhere on TLS that they allow 2 weeks before they move you to RD
so just drop off ur contract as fast as u can and u should be ok


This is a bit confusing, other app checkers list whether your are RD or ED, but I don't see that for Columbia. I applied ED, got my complete e-mail today, but no mention of my ED status. I'm not gonna call them up about it, but I am a bit nervous that they possibly didn't get my ED contract.


If you're an early decision applicant, then you won't go complete until theyve received your contract. So you're good!

User avatar
suspicious android
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby suspicious android » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:28 pm

Themaddh wrote:
If you're an early decision applicant, then you won't go complete until theyve received your contract. So you're good!


ah, that's comforting. Thanks!

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JamMasterJ » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:26 pm

Sent my app on 10/31.Still pending completion. Anyone in the same boat?

User avatar
jetissent
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:33 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jetissent » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:29 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:Sent my app on 10/31.Still pending completion. Anyone in the same boat?


Submitted 11/2 and haven't had any movement yet.

User avatar
Strange
Posts: 741
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:23 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Strange » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:32 pm

Submitted 11/9, complete on 11/23

anewaphorist
Posts: 382
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:13 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby anewaphorist » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:57 pm

Sent 10/27, Complete 11/2.

MoneyTeam
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:05 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby MoneyTeam » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:09 pm

I'm guessing Columbia is just the slowest to update their online status checker. My last recommendation was sent to them alost three and a half weeks ago and they still haven't updated it.

User avatar
FryBreadPower
Posts: 908
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:46 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby FryBreadPower » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:29 am

JamMasterJ wrote:Sent my app on 10/31.Still pending completion. Anyone in the same boat?


Submitted a week after you and was complete last week.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JamMasterJ » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:36 am

FryBreadPower wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:Sent my app on 10/31.Still pending completion. Anyone in the same boat?


Submitted a week after you and was complete last week.

mine says I have all materials in, but that it's taking a while to process. That's really odd

User avatar
vertex
Posts: 239
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby vertex » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:11 pm

Tomorrow's the big day, everyone hold on to your hats!

thederangedwang
Posts: 1124
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:44 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby thederangedwang » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:15 pm

vertex wrote:Tomorrow's the big day, everyone hold on to your hats!

why is tmr the big day?

User avatar
suspicious android
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby suspicious android » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:16 pm

vertex wrote:Tomorrow's the big day, everyone hold on to your hats!


What happens tomorrow?

Nobody
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:17 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Nobody » Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:53 pm

suspicious android wrote:
vertex wrote:Tomorrow's the big day, everyone hold on to your hats!


What happens tomorrow?



OK seriously someone has to explain this before I die. ED decisions aren't until December, right?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, aaron1621, AustinLu, AZnative, Google [Bot], sonyco and 16 guests