Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JamMasterJ » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:07 am

FryBreadPower wrote:
lizaregina wrote:VCE arrived yesterday (but picked up by my lazy self from the campus post office today)! Postmarked Thursday (2/16).

Submitted 11/2
Complete 11/11


Awesome.

Early Nov. submit date. Postmark that isn't 2/14. Brings new hope to this thread. (You hearin' this Jam and WhiteGuy? I'll be damned if you two don't get in).

awwwyeah. Thanks bud

Hopefully we get something toward the Midwest soon

User avatar
FryBreadPower
Posts: 908
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:46 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby FryBreadPower » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:34 am

JamMasterJ wrote:
FryBreadPower wrote:
lizaregina wrote:VCE arrived yesterday (but picked up by my lazy self from the campus post office today)! Postmarked Thursday (2/16).

Submitted 11/2
Complete 11/11


Awesome.

Early Nov. submit date. Postmark that isn't 2/14. Brings new hope to this thread. (You hearin' this Jam and WhiteGuy? I'll be damned if you two don't get in).

awwwyeah. Thanks bud

Hopefully we get something toward the Midwest soon


Its also important to remember that the USPS has both today and tomorrow off. So packages postmarked on the 16th have only really had two days in transit thus far.

User avatar
PopTorts13
Posts: 378
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:27 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby PopTorts13 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:34 am

JamMasterJ wrote:
FryBreadPower wrote:
lizaregina wrote:VCE arrived yesterday (but picked up by my lazy self from the campus post office today)! Postmarked Thursday (2/16).

Submitted 11/2
Complete 11/11


Awesome.

Early Nov. submit date. Postmark that isn't 2/14. Brings new hope to this thread. (You hearin' this Jam and WhiteGuy? I'll be damned if you two don't get in).

awwwyeah. Thanks bud

Hopefully we get something toward the Midwest soon


+1 for Midwest love

jellybean8
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:01 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jellybean8 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:20 pm

Just got my hold email

User avatar
luxxe
Posts: 830
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:12 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby luxxe » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:22 pm

jellybean8 wrote:Just got my hold email


This again? Damn. Submit date?

jellybean8
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:01 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jellybean8 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:25 pm

luxxe wrote:
jellybean8 wrote:Just got my hold email


This again? Damn. Submit date?


End of October. But I also took myself out of ED so I don't know if that then got me into the December pile.

norcal_youngin
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:43 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby norcal_youngin » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:31 pm

just got the hold e-mail. what does this generally mean for columbia? should we send LOCIs, updated info, etc?

User avatar
Champion
Posts: 286
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:13 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Champion » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:19 pm

10/25 submit with nothing. The wait continues...

User avatar
PopTorts13
Posts: 378
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:27 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby PopTorts13 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:33 pm

Champion wrote:10/25 submit with nothing. The wait continues...

Sooo... anyone have a link to last years thread so I can take a peak and see if this whole prolonged silence is protocol for CLS?

User avatar
zworykin
Posts: 449
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 4:18 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby zworykin » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:38 pm

Every... single... email... has "law" in the subject line... :evil:

User avatar
catwomangirl
Posts: 250
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:50 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby catwomangirl » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:22 pm

PopTorts13 wrote:
Champion wrote:10/25 submit with nothing. The wait continues...

Sooo... anyone have a link to last years thread so I can take a peak and see if this whole prolonged silence is protocol for CLS?


Look at OP

User avatar
smokeylarue
Posts: 408
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:55 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby smokeylarue » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:36 pm

Looks like there will be a massive waiting list sent out this week for us October/November submitters if they follow last year.

User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:07 pm

smokeylarue wrote:Looks like there will be a massive waiting list sent out this week for us October/November submitters if they follow last year.


By waiting listing do you mean "waitlist" or hold?

User avatar
PopTorts13
Posts: 378
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:27 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby PopTorts13 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:17 pm

WhiteGuy5 wrote:
smokeylarue wrote:Looks like there will be a massive waiting list sent out this week for us October/November submitters if they follow last year.


By waiting listing do you mean "waitlist" or hold?


Waitlist

User avatar
80eight
Posts: 171
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby 80eight » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:50 pm

Yikes. Well, I am not looking forward to that!

Aqua
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Aqua » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:09 pm

How about January submitters?

Aqua
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Aqua » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:12 pm

Went complete early January and no news since. 165/3.8, but I was hoping my work experience and diversity (half AA, half German) would help me get into Columbia...thoughts/feedback? Would it be crazy to send in a "Why Columbia" essay at this point?

If I make it onto the waitlist and crack 170 on the June LSAT, will it help me off the waitlist?

User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:40 pm

Something just occurred to me: LSN has the Columbia median of class 2010 listed as 173. The website has class median of 2011 listed as 172. I remember someone said last year the yield rate was surprisingly high for Columbia. Could my observation that 80% of the people getting in have 173+ mean that Columbia is trying to return to there 173 median of pre-2011 years?

Anyone have Columbia's medians for the past 5 or so years?

Edit: I believe 2009 was a 172 as well. (Maybe they think pulling off a 173 on 2010 could be repeated?)

User avatar
seahawk32
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:19 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby seahawk32 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:26 am

.
Last edited by seahawk32 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Mr. Somebody
Posts: 867
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:42 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Mr. Somebody » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:31 am

Aqua wrote:Went complete early January and no news since. 165/3.8, but I was hoping my work experience and diversity (half AA, half German) would help me get into Columbia...thoughts/feedback? Would it be crazy to send in a "Why Columbia" essay at this point?

If I make it onto the waitlist and crack 170 on the June LSAT, will it help me off the waitlist?


Chances of getting off the wait list are slim but you're in a good position as a urm with those numbers. Hang in there

ahnhub
Posts: 578
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:14 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ahnhub » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:55 am

WhiteGuy5 wrote:Something just occurred to me: LSN has the Columbia median of class 2010 listed as 173. The website has class median of 2011 listed as 172. I remember someone said last year the yield rate was surprisingly high for Columbia. Could my observation that 80% of the people getting in have 173+ mean that Columbia is trying to return to there 173 median of pre-2011 years?

Anyone have Columbia's medians for the past 5 or so years?

Edit: I believe 2009 was a 172 as well. (Maybe they think pulling off a 173 on 2010 could be repeated?)


I think the median on LSN is a misprint. Columbia's median LSAT has been 172 for five or six years running, according to the ABA guide. It would be very strange for the median to have jumped a point for the class coming in 2007 and then gone back to 172 for three straight years.

Columbia is just super-LSAT heavy. They love high LSAT scores, and it seems like they always have.

User avatar
Mr. Somebody
Posts: 867
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:42 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Mr. Somebody » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:07 am

ahnhub wrote:
Columbia is just super-LSAT heavy. They love high LSAT scores, and it seems like they always have.

Ahem :lol:

I hope you're right!

Corrupty
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:48 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Corrupty » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:49 pm

Does the radio silence today mean Liza's acceptance was a fluke and there aren't more being delivered to our doorsteps?

User avatar
poultry
Posts: 128
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:34 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby poultry » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:10 pm

Another wave of hold emails in two hours? Bracing for it...

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JamMasterJ » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:26 pm

poultry wrote:Another wave of hold emails in two hours? Bracing for it...

did you make this up or hear it somewhere?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], m052310, Smc1994, studyingeveryday, tinafeyclone, Tomthecat, ZEROL27 and 22 guests