Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
pineappledazzler
Posts: 121
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:11 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby pineappledazzler » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:45 am

Columbia usually doesn't start sending out RD decisions until January, does it?

User avatar
Hawkeye Pierce
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:18 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:48 pm

pineappledazzler wrote:Columbia usually doesn't start sending out RD decisions until January, does it?


They went out the end of January last cycle. Something like the 24th if I remember correctly.

User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:40 pm

Anybody who submitted early Nov complete/under review/any change?

Themaddh
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:27 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Themaddh » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:45 pm

WhiteGuy5 wrote:Anybody who submitted early Nov complete/under review/any change?


I submitted very end of october and went complete a few days ago as soon as they received my last letter.

I'm applying ED

Also, why is this thread so dead? It's possibly the lamest of the T6 schools, esp considering Yale admits don't start for months.

User avatar
thelawyler
Posts: 902
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:00 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby thelawyler » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:48 pm

Yeah, not really sure why it's dead but what's there to really talk about at this point.

User avatar
FryBreadPower
Posts: 908
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:46 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby FryBreadPower » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:50 pm

thelawyler wrote:Yeah, not really sure why it's dead but what's there to really talk about at this point.



COMPLETION PENDING FOR 7th STRAIGHT DAY...WHY?!!?!?!??!

Edit: But seriously, the Michigan thread already has 50 pages.

anewaphorist
Posts: 382
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:13 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby anewaphorist » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:54 pm

^Michigan has released decisions.

Themaddh
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:27 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Themaddh » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:59 pm

FryBreadPower wrote:
thelawyler wrote:Yeah, not really sure why it's dead but what's there to really talk about at this point.



COMPLETION PENDING FOR 7th STRAIGHT DAY...WHY?!!?!?!??!

Edit: But seriously, the Michigan thread already has 50 pages.


Are you ED?

User avatar
FryBreadPower
Posts: 908
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:46 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby FryBreadPower » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:02 pm

Themaddh wrote:
FryBreadPower wrote:
thelawyler wrote:Yeah, not really sure why it's dead but what's there to really talk about at this point.



COMPLETION PENDING FOR 7th STRAIGHT DAY...WHY?!!?!?!??!

Edit: But seriously, the Michigan thread already has 50 pages.


Are you ED?


Nope. But I have no delusions; I am expecting a late-Jan/early-Feb decision.

TheRedMamba
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:33 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby TheRedMamba » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:18 pm

Themaddh wrote:
FryBreadPower wrote:
thelawyler wrote:Yeah, not really sure why it's dead but what's there to really talk about at this point.



COMPLETION PENDING FOR 7th STRAIGHT DAY...WHY?!!?!?!??!

Edit: But seriously, the Michigan thread already has 50 pages.


Are you ED?


I think he was kidding

User avatar
suspicious android
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby suspicious android » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:28 pm

If we're "completion pending" by Nov 15th, but not actually complete, does that void the ED contract? I sent in the ED contract and a LOR by mail which arrived before Nov 15th, and didn't submit my app until just after midnight the morning of the 15th. I got the completion pending e-mail, but not really sure if that counts as making the deadline.

User avatar
Take Two
Posts: 552
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:30 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Take Two » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:38 pm

Themaddh wrote: Also, why is this thread so dead? It's possibly the lamest of the T6 schools, esp considering Yale admits don't start for months.


I'll join in, this is definitely one of the schools I dream of getting accepted to so why not!

also I submitted 11/6 RD and though all of my boxes have green checks am still completion pending

User avatar
fingerscrossedxx
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:56 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:30 pm

Well to make the thread more lively, and also because I'm really wondering. I got into Columbia last year, defferred for a year, then withdrew a few weeks ago (due to money, told them as much) and have re-applied. Is there a possibility of them rejecting me because they're like "we already accepted you and you turned us down"? I worried.

lsatcrazy
Posts: 388
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 8:08 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby lsatcrazy » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:39 pm

fingerscrossedxx wrote:Well to make the thread more lively, and also because I'm really wondering. I got into Columbia last year, defferred for a year, then withdrew a few weeks ago (due to money, told them as much) and have re-applied. Is there a possibility of them rejecting me because they're like "we already accepted you and you turned us down"? I worried.


Based on what you've said, they will probably either offer you a bigger scholly or reject you. That's sort of the position you've put them in by withdrawing, no?

TheRedMamba
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:33 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby TheRedMamba » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:55 pm

lsatcrazy wrote:
fingerscrossedxx wrote:Well to make the thread more lively, and also because I'm really wondering. I got into Columbia last year, defferred for a year, then withdrew a few weeks ago (due to money, told them as much) and have re-applied. Is there a possibility of them rejecting me because they're like "we already accepted you and you turned us down"? I worried.


Based on what you've said, they will probably either offer you a bigger scholly or reject you. That's sort of the position you've put them in by withdrawing, no?


I'd have to agree with this analysis

iamrobk
Posts: 485
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:31 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby iamrobk » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:08 pm

Just got an email saying my app is complete. I have 0 chance, but whatevs.

User avatar
Take Two
Posts: 552
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:30 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Take Two » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:08 pm

lsatcrazy wrote:
fingerscrossedxx wrote:Well to make the thread more lively, and also because I'm really wondering. I got into Columbia last year, defferred for a year, then withdrew a few weeks ago (due to money, told them as much) and have re-applied. Is there a possibility of them rejecting me because they're like "we already accepted you and you turned us down"? I worried.


Based on what you've said, they will probably either offer you a bigger scholly or reject you. That's sort of the position you've put them in by withdrawing, no?


yeah gotta admit that sounds about right

User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:19 pm

Just got email--OFFICIALLY COMPLETE.

User avatar
fingerscrossedxx
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:56 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:24 pm

Take Two wrote:
lsatcrazy wrote:
fingerscrossedxx wrote:Well to make the thread more lively, and also because I'm really wondering. I got into Columbia last year, defferred for a year, then withdrew a few weeks ago (due to money, told them as much) and have re-applied. Is there a possibility of them rejecting me because they're like "we already accepted you and you turned us down"? I worried.


Based on what you've said, they will probably either offer you a bigger scholly or reject you. That's sort of the position you've put them in by withdrawing, no?


yeah gotta admit that sounds about right


well that's the idea, but i guess i'm wondering what the chances are that they would reject me, for YP reasons or otherwise. i mean i'm guessing they don't have big money just lying around? or am i wrong?

User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:26 pm

fingerscrossedxx wrote:
Take Two wrote:
lsatcrazy wrote:
fingerscrossedxx wrote:Well to make the thread more lively, and also because I'm really wondering. I got into Columbia last year, defferred for a year, then withdrew a few weeks ago (due to money, told them as much) and have re-applied. Is there a possibility of them rejecting me because they're like "we already accepted you and you turned us down"? I worried.


Based on what you've said, they will probably either offer you a bigger scholly or reject you. That's sort of the position you've put them in by withdrawing, no?


yeah gotta admit that sounds about right


well that's the idea, but i guess i'm wondering what the chances are that they would reject me, for YP reasons or otherwise. i mean i'm guessing they don't have big money just lying around? or am i wrong?


You should write an addendum maybe, or a Why Columbia essay.

User avatar
fingerscrossedxx
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:56 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:30 pm

WhiteGuy5 wrote:You should write an addendum maybe, or a Why Columbia essay.


I did write an addendum explaining that I still very much would LOVE to attend Columbia and explaining the reason for my withdrawal. Here's hoping its enough...

User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:32 pm

fingerscrossedxx wrote:
WhiteGuy5 wrote:You should write an addendum maybe, or a Why Columbia essay.


I did write an addendum explaining that I still very much would LOVE to attend Columbia and explaining the reason for my withdrawal. Here's hoping its enough...


I think that'll be enough, especially if your numbers are there. (If you don't mind sharing your numbers, that would be helpful). I mean...if you just barely got in the previous cycle, that might be cause for concern. Ya know?

User avatar
fingerscrossedxx
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:56 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:41 pm

WhiteGuy5 wrote:
fingerscrossedxx wrote:
WhiteGuy5 wrote:You should write an addendum maybe, or a Why Columbia essay.


I did write an addendum explaining that I still very much would LOVE to attend Columbia and explaining the reason for my withdrawal. Here's hoping its enough...


I think that'll be enough, especially if your numbers are there. (If you don't mind sharing your numbers, that would be helpful). I mean...if you just barely got in the previous cycle, that might be cause for concern. Ya know?


haha yeeeeea, well that might be a problem then haha 3.9x, lsat low 160's, URM. haha here's hoping luck is on my side again!

User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:44 pm

fingerscrossedxx wrote:
haha yeeeeea, well that might be a problem then haha 3.9x, lsat low 160's, URM. haha here's hoping luck is on my side again!


:shock: And you turned down Columbia...? Wow, the balls on this guy.

jk, but good luck bro!

EMZE
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:53 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby EMZE » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:52 pm

fingerscrossedxx wrote:Well to make the thread more lively, and also because I'm really wondering. I got into Columbia last year, defferred for a year, then withdrew a few weeks ago (due to money, told them as much) and have re-applied. Is there a possibility of them rejecting me because they're like "we already accepted you and you turned us down"? I worried.


I don't quite understand the mechanics of having a deferred acceptance for an upcoming class, withdrawing due to money reasons, and then re-applying. Is that because it was not an option to just say, "I can only attend if I get a (larger) scholarship otherwise I will have to withdraw" ... ?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”