Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
sharktankdean
Posts: 663
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:57 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sharktankdean » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:54 pm

2 things happened today

...my girlfriend broke up with me over the phone (4 days before valentines day)...i get back home and i see a Vomit Colored Envelope in my mailbox... I knew she was holding me back.

snehpets
Posts: 1143
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby snehpets » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:56 pm

sharktankdean wrote:2 things happened today

...my girlfriend broke up with me over the phone (4 days before valentines day)...i get back home and i see a Vomit Colored Envelope in my mailbox... I knew she was holding me back.


Congrats!! not the girlfriend part, which sucks, but at least you seem okay with it?

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JamMasterJ » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:22 pm

sharktankdean wrote:2 things happened today

...my girlfriend broke up with me over the phone (4 days before valentines day)...i get back home and i see a Vomit Colored Envelope in my mailbox... I knew she was holding me back.

dates and stats as well as postmark date?

also, sorry bout the gf, dude

pupperoni
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:48 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby pupperoni » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:34 pm

sharktankdean wrote:2 things happened today

...my girlfriend broke up with me over the phone (4 days before valentines day)...i get back home and i see a Vomit Colored Envelope in my mailbox... I knew she was holding me back.


lol must have been a roller coaster of a day.

User avatar
amc987
Posts: 568
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:58 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby amc987 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:09 am

sharktankdean wrote:2 things happened today

...my girlfriend broke up with me over the phone (4 days before valentines day)...i get back home and i see a Vomit Colored Envelope in my mailbox... I knew she was holding me back.


Congrats!!! You must be so excited (I mean about the Columbia acceptance, not about getting broken up with).

The girlfriend thing sucks, but at least you had some vomit to cushion the blow. :)

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JamMasterJ » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:32 am

amc987 wrote:
sharktankdean wrote:2 things happened today

...my girlfriend broke up with me over the phone (4 days before valentines day)...i get back home and i see a Vomit Colored Envelope in my mailbox... I knew she was holding me back.


Congrats!!! You must be so excited (I mean about the Columbia acceptance, not about getting broken up with).

The girlfriend thing sucks, but at least you had some vomit to cushion the blow. :)

The mental image.. it's, umm?

User avatar
amc987
Posts: 568
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:58 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby amc987 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:48 am

JamMasterJ wrote:
amc987 wrote:
sharktankdean wrote:2 things happened today

...my girlfriend broke up with me over the phone (4 days before valentines day)...i get back home and i see a Vomit Colored Envelope in my mailbox... I knew she was holding me back.


Congrats!!! You must be so excited (I mean about the Columbia acceptance, not about getting broken up with).

The girlfriend thing sucks, but at least you had some vomit to cushion the blow. :)

The mental image.. it's, umm?


HAHAHAHA. I didn't even think of it that way. Everyone here knows that I didn't mean ACTUAL vomit though. Clearly I meant a vomit-colored envelope.

As for the other innuendo, she did just break up with him, so I don't think it applies. I certainly didn't mean to insinuate anything of the licentious sort.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JamMasterJ » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:54 am

amc987 wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
amc987 wrote:
sharktankdean wrote:2 things happened today

...my girlfriend broke up with me over the phone (4 days before valentines day)...i get back home and i see a Vomit Colored Envelope in my mailbox... I knew she was holding me back.


Congrats!!! You must be so excited (I mean about the Columbia acceptance, not about getting broken up with).

The girlfriend thing sucks, but at least you had some vomit to cushion the blow. :)

The mental image.. it's, umm?


HAHAHAHA. I didn't even think of it that way. Everyone here knows that I didn't mean ACTUAL vomit though. Clearly I meant a vomit-colored envelope.

As for the other innuendo, she did just break up with him, so I don't think it applies. I certainly didn't mean to insinuate anything of the licentious sort.

other innuendo? I was just thinking about falling in puke

User avatar
amc987
Posts: 568
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:58 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby amc987 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:03 am

Ok, we don't need to belabor the point because this certainly isn't what I meant when I wrote the original response. And I definitely don't want to disrespect sharktankdean's gf on an online message board.

That said, there is a more sexual way of interpreting the third sentence, Jam. It doesn't make a ton of sense in context, but it is there.

User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:49 pm

So checking on the LSN graph...

The big group of admits seem to be cluttered around the 172+ and 3.8+ lines so far. No one with that combination has been rejected or or even held/reserved.

I checked last year's bloated cycle and this seems to hold also. There were about 10 exceptions to this rule, and about half of those either had multiple LSAT scores or applied late. (And some of the remaining others had pretty weird cycles as a whole).

In fact, if you go to the 2006-2007 cycle (which had roughly the same number of applicants applying as this year), you'll see the 172+/3.8+ = auto-admit theory hold, with only three exceptions (one of which applied in January) and another one, again, had a weird cycle.

Yeah, I'm a bit bored, but it helps calm my nerves.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JamMasterJ » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:07 pm

WhiteGuy5 wrote:So checking on the LSN graph...

The big group of admits seem to be cluttered around the 172+ and 3.8+ lines so far. No one with that combination has been rejected or or even held/reserved.

I checked last year's bloated cycle and this seems to hold also. There were about 10 exceptions to this rule, and about half of those either had multiple LSAT scores or applied late. (And some of the remaining others had pretty weird cycles as a whole).

In fact, if you go to the 2006-2007 cycle (which had roughly the same number of applicants applying as this year), you'll see the 172+/3.8+ = auto-admit theory hold, with only three exceptions (one of which applied in January) and another one, again, had a weird cycle.

Yeah, I'm a bit bored, but it helps calm my nerves.

I need to hear more about the gpa floor. Is there an exact drop off point?

User avatar
FryBreadPower
Posts: 908
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:46 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby FryBreadPower » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:15 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
WhiteGuy5 wrote:So checking on the LSN graph...

The big group of admits seem to be cluttered around the 172+ and 3.8+ lines so far. No one with that combination has been rejected or or even held/reserved.

I checked last year's bloated cycle and this seems to hold also. There were about 10 exceptions to this rule, and about half of those either had multiple LSAT scores or applied late. (And some of the remaining others had pretty weird cycles as a whole).

In fact, if you go to the 2006-2007 cycle (which had roughly the same number of applicants applying as this year), you'll see the 172+/3.8+ = auto-admit theory hold, with only three exceptions (one of which applied in January) and another one, again, had a weird cycle.

Yeah, I'm a bit bored, but it helps calm my nerves.

I need to hear more about the gpa floor. Is there an exact drop off point?


I had seen a previous thread that had such information (I will have to look back to find it). Part of me wants to say it was 3.4?

User avatar
Zelda
Posts: 193
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:06 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Zelda » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:16 pm

WhiteGuy5 wrote:So checking on the LSN graph...

The big group of admits seem to be cluttered around the 172+ and 3.8+ lines so far. No one with that combination has been rejected or or even held/reserved.

I checked last year's bloated cycle and this seems to hold also. There were about 10 exceptions to this rule, and about half of those either had multiple LSAT scores or applied late. (And some of the remaining others had pretty weird cycles as a whole).

In fact, if you go to the 2006-2007 cycle (which had roughly the same number of applicants applying as this year), you'll see the 172+/3.8+ = auto-admit theory hold, with only three exceptions (one of which applied in January) and another one, again, had a weird cycle.

Yeah, I'm a bit bored, but it helps calm my nerves.


This is comforting.

steelers2012
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:27 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby steelers2012 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:21 pm

WhiteGuy5 wrote:So checking on the LSN graph...

The big group of admits seem to be cluttered around the 172+ and 3.8+ lines so far. No one with that combination has been rejected or or even held/reserved.

I checked last year's bloated cycle and this seems to hold also. There were about 10 exceptions to this rule, and about half of those either had multiple LSAT scores or applied late. (And some of the remaining others had pretty weird cycles as a whole).

In fact, if you go to the 2006-2007 cycle (which had roughly the same number of applicants applying as this year), you'll see the 172+/3.8+ = auto-admit theory hold, with only three exceptions (one of which applied in January) and another one, again, had a weird cycle.

Yeah, I'm a bit bored, but it helps calm my nerves.


Hmm I'm not sure what this means about 171/3.83. I live a precarious life waiting for Columbia (if only I got one more question right...)

zipzopzoobitybop!
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:38 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby zipzopzoobitybop! » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:23 pm

WhiteGuy5 wrote:So checking on the LSN graph...

The big group of admits seem to be cluttered around the 172+ and 3.8+ lines so far. No one with that combination has been rejected or or even held/reserved.

I checked last year's bloated cycle and this seems to hold also. There were about 10 exceptions to this rule, and about half of those either had multiple LSAT scores or applied late. (And some of the remaining others had pretty weird cycles as a whole).

In fact, if you go to the 2006-2007 cycle (which had roughly the same number of applicants applying as this year), you'll see the 172+/3.8+ = auto-admit theory hold, with only three exceptions (one of which applied in January) and another one, again, had a weird cycle.

Yeah, I'm a bit bored, but it helps calm my nerves.



171/3.93 here...i was held. I guess that 172 floor is a big difference.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JamMasterJ » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:27 pm

FryBreadPower wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
WhiteGuy5 wrote:So checking on the LSN graph...

The big group of admits seem to be cluttered around the 172+ and 3.8+ lines so far. No one with that combination has been rejected or or even held/reserved.

I checked last year's bloated cycle and this seems to hold also. There were about 10 exceptions to this rule, and about half of those either had multiple LSAT scores or applied late. (And some of the remaining others had pretty weird cycles as a whole).

In fact, if you go to the 2006-2007 cycle (which had roughly the same number of applicants applying as this year), you'll see the 172+/3.8+ = auto-admit theory hold, with only three exceptions (one of which applied in January) and another one, again, had a weird cycle.

Yeah, I'm a bit bored, but it helps calm my nerves.

I need to hear more about the gpa floor. Is there an exact drop off point?


I had seen a previous thread that had such information (I will have to look back to find it). Part of me wants to say it was 3.4?

that makes me really confused about thelong getting the reserved. I thought it might be that there was a definite, hard, 3.5 floor. But now I just don't know. Plus with Tiago getting in, I'm really confused, because I think the only other sub 3.5 non-URM was an EDer. I just really don't know now. I'm happy I haven't heard anything yet, but everything just has me a bit nervous

User avatar
catwomangirl
Posts: 250
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:50 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby catwomangirl » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:31 pm

Did Columbia send out rejections today?

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bakkumarigan

User avatar
Anciano
Posts: 150
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:11 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Anciano » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:39 pm

catwomangirl wrote:Did Columbia send out rejections today?

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bakkumarigan

Rejections are by snail mail, so maybe she just got her letter today?

User avatar
jetissent
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:33 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jetissent » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:41 pm

I watched the "vomit free since '93" episode of How I Met Your Mother today before the mail came. It was bad luck.

User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:51 pm

zipzopzoobitybop! wrote:171/3.93 here...i was held. I guess that 172 floor is a big difference.


Sorry to cause so much anxiety to people. But after looking at the charts extensively, I would say that there is no hard "floor" for either the LSAT or GPA. Instead, the lower your GPA, the higher your LSAT has to be.

JamMasterJ wrote:that makes me really confused about thelong getting the reserved. I thought it might be that there was a definite, hard, 3.5 floor. But now I just don't know. Plus with Tiago getting in, I'm really confused, because I think the only other sub 3.5 non-URM was an EDer. I just really don't know now. I'm happy I haven't heard anything yet, but everything just has me a bit nervous


And on that note Jams, anyone with a 3.5 seems to require a 177 on the LSAT according to last cycle. So you did what you had to do on the LSAT; you should just hang back, relax, and wait at this point. This cycle is weird as is.

User avatar
thelong
Posts: 992
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:55 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby thelong » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:58 pm

WhiteGuy5 wrote:And on that note Jams, anyone with a 3.5 seems to require a 177 on the LSAT according to last cycle. So you did what you had to do on the LSAT; you should just hang back, relax, and wait at this point. This cycle is weird as is.


Oh, hey, my numbers. Hooray for getting reserved.

majodm5
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:27 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby majodm5 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:05 pm

jetissent wrote:I watched the "vomit free since '93" episode of How I Met Your Mother today before the mail came. It was bad luck.

I hope this means that you still havent gotten anything... and not that u got dinged... ?

User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:06 pm

Also, got a VCE sized envelope from Georgetown about their faculty. I made sure to keep my composure until I could see where it was from. Did so. Not as upset as I would have been, BUT ARE YOU KIDDING ME GEORGETTTOWN?!?

User avatar
jetissent
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:33 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jetissent » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:10 pm

majodm5 wrote:
jetissent wrote:I watched the "vomit free since '93" episode of How I Met Your Mother today before the mail came. It was bad luck.

I hope this means that you still havent gotten anything... and not that u got dinged... ?


Yeah, sorry should have been more clear. No mail either way.

poe
Posts: 301
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:23 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby poe » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:11 pm

WhiteGuy5 wrote:Also, got a VCE sized envelope from Georgetown about their faculty. I made sure to keep my composure until I could see where it was from. Did so. Not as upset as I would have been, BUT ARE YOU KIDDING ME GEORGETTTOWN?!?


Lol, I came here to post the exact same thing!

Except that I didn't keep my composure so well...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Assasindowntheavenue, azaleafire, Exabot [Bot], Imago Loop, jstans, Photomike2, Pugnax, q2w3e and 15 guests