Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Sh@keNb@ke
Posts: 287
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:54 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Sh@keNb@ke » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:51 pm

WhiteGuy5 wrote:Checking in. Submitted on 11/6, Still haven't gotten a status checker email.

Should I be worried? I got one from all the other schools I applied to...


Columbia is slow. Took me a like almost two weeks to go complete even though I had all my materials together once I submitted.

User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:02 pm

Sh@keNb@ke wrote:
WhiteGuy5 wrote:Checking in. Submitted on 11/6, Still haven't gotten a status checker email.

Should I be worried? I got one from all the other schools I applied to...


Columbia is slow. Took me a like almost two weeks to go complete even though I had all my materials together once I submitted.


Thanks.

User avatar
soj
Posts: 7735
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby soj » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:05 pm

Sh@keNb@ke wrote:
WhiteGuy5 wrote:Checking in. Submitted on 11/6, Still haven't gotten a status checker email.

Should I be worried? I got one from all the other schools I applied to...


Columbia is slow. Took me a like almost two weeks to go complete even though I had all my materials together once I submitted.

Columbia was the fastest school for me. I guess it really depends.

User avatar
FryBreadPower
Posts: 908
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:46 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby FryBreadPower » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:00 pm

WhiteGuy5 wrote:
Sh@keNb@ke wrote:
WhiteGuy5 wrote:Checking in. Submitted on 11/6, Still haven't gotten a status checker email.

Should I be worried? I got one from all the other schools I applied to...


Columbia is slow. Took me a like almost two weeks to go complete even though I had all my materials together once I submitted.


Thanks.


+1 in an identical position. Hoping they send out an e-mail soon. I figure its not that bad (but I am holding it relative to NYU).

User avatar
DickyBumBum
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:24 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby DickyBumBum » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:38 am

FryBreadPower wrote:
WhiteGuy5 wrote:
Sh@keNb@ke wrote:
WhiteGuy5 wrote:Checking in. Submitted on 11/6, Still haven't gotten a status checker email.

Should I be worried? I got one from all the other schools I applied to...


Columbia is slow. Took me a like almost two weeks to go complete even though I had all my materials together once I submitted.


Thanks.


+1 in an identical position. Hoping they send out an e-mail soon. I figure its not that bad (but I am holding it relative to NYU).


Also submitted on the 6th and have yet to receive an email, but got a status checker from NYU within 2 days.

User avatar
Strange
Posts: 741
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:23 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Strange » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:18 pm

Just got my status checker, completion pending. I submitted on Tuesday 11/8. Good luck yall....

User avatar
FryBreadPower
Posts: 908
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:46 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby FryBreadPower » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:20 pm

Strange wrote:Just got my status checker, completion pending. I submitted on Tuesday 11/8. Good luck yall....


:? Columbia, Y U NO send me status checker?!

Edit: LITERALLY received status checker e-mail 2 minutes after posting. Someone's ears were burning...

User avatar
thelawschoolproject
Posts: 1364
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:58 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby thelawschoolproject » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:25 am

Applied 10/31 and went complete 11/10 . . . crossing fingers.

User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:23 pm

Pending Completion!

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JamMasterJ » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:05 pm

WhiteGuy5 wrote:Pending Completion!

same here. looking on the My Columbia page, I found a prof that would be really cool to work with

User avatar
FryBreadPower
Posts: 908
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:46 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby FryBreadPower » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:07 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
WhiteGuy5 wrote:Pending Completion!

same here. looking on the My Columbia page, I found a prof that would be really cool to work with


"Pending Completion" = in?

User avatar
kwais
Posts: 1683
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby kwais » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:12 pm

FryBreadPower wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
WhiteGuy5 wrote:Pending Completion!

same here. looking on the My Columbia page, I found a prof that would be really cool to work with


"Pending Completion" = in?


no, I believe that this just means they are processing your file for review

User avatar
FryBreadPower
Posts: 908
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:46 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby FryBreadPower » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:14 pm

kwais wrote:
FryBreadPower wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
WhiteGuy5 wrote:Pending Completion!

same here. looking on the My Columbia page, I found a prof that would be really cool to work with


"Pending Completion" = in?


no, I believe that this just means they are processing your file for review


That's what I had thought. Guess I jumped the gun a bit there.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JamMasterJ » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:33 pm

FryBreadPower wrote:
kwais wrote:
FryBreadPower wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
no, I believe that this just means they are processing your file for review


That's what I had thought. Guess I jumped the gun a bit there.

yeah, it's just the step between app received and complete

curiousgeorgia
Posts: 291
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby curiousgeorgia » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:15 pm

finally gave up waiting for a fee waiver and submitted, but judging by the comments on this thread it seems like it will be a while before i get any sort of communication from them. oh well, here's to a long wait.

User avatar
suspicious android
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby suspicious android » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:24 am

Applied ED. Had second thoughts for awhile, it seems like almost a waste when I look at the gpa's on LSN. Oh well, hopefully they really, really, really need a high lsat to maintain their 75th percentile.

Themaddh
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:27 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Themaddh » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:31 am

suspicious android wrote:Applied ED. Had second thoughts for awhile, it seems like almost a waste when I look at the gpa's on LSN. Oh well, hopefully they really, really, really need a high lsat to maintain their 75th percentile.


Stats or gpa?

User avatar
hyakku
Posts: 604
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:35 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby hyakku » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:40 am

Just want to check in and make sure this is normal. I got my status checker from columbia really quickly (applied Sunday or Saturday, got it Monday), and the only thing that hasn't been received is the "application form". I'm assuming they will update that soon right? They claim they have all my other materials so Im not sure how the app itself isnt there but i can't find anything on search.

In any case, good luck all. Hoping I'll have to make a choice between Mich and cls later in the year :mrgreen:

User avatar
soj
Posts: 7735
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby soj » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:13 pm

suspicious android wrote:Applied ED. Had second thoughts for awhile, it seems like almost a waste when I look at the gpa's on LSN. Oh well, hopefully they really, really, really need a high lsat to maintain their 75th percentile.

Good luck, suspicious android! You've been so helpful in the LSAT forum. :mrgreen:

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JamMasterJ » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:16 pm

suspicious android wrote:Applied ED. Had second thoughts for awhile, it seems like almost a waste when I look at the gpa's on LSN. Oh well, hopefully they really, really, really need a high lsat to maintain their 75th percentile.

I know you're 174+. What's your gpa?

potl
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:35 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby potl » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:23 pm

suspicious android wrote:Thinking of giving Columbia a try this year. I applied 2 years ago and got rejected, but I'm above their LSAT 75th percentile now (3.35/177). But I seem to be below this hard GPA floor I've read about. Columbia is the only school outside of HYS I'd be willing to pay sticker for, and well, HYS isn't going to be banging down my door. In fact, I think that door is pretty much barricaded. So, do you guys think ED would make any appreciable difference?

User avatar
suspicious android
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby suspicious android » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:07 pm

soj wrote:Good luck, suspicious android! You've been so helpful in the LSAT forum. :mrgreen:


Thanks, glad to be of help.:)

As potl helpfully quoted, I'm a +75th/-25th splitter. Unfortunately, that LSAT is a retake, don't know how much difference that'll make. I have a significantly higher UGPA than LSAC GPA, but I think that's been shown to mean pretty much not a damn thing.

User avatar
FryBreadPower
Posts: 908
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:46 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby FryBreadPower » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:10 pm

suspicious android wrote:
soj wrote:Good luck, suspicious android! You've been so helpful in the LSAT forum. :mrgreen:


Thanks, glad to be of help.:)

As potl helpfully quoted, I'm a +75th/-25th splitter. Unfortunately, that LSAT is a retake, don't know how much difference that'll make. I have a significantly higher UGPA than LSAC GPA, but I think that's been shown to mean pretty much not a damn thing.


I'm in almost the exact same situation. Best of luck!

User avatar
Strange
Posts: 741
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:23 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Strange » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:12 pm

suspicious android wrote:
soj wrote:Good luck, suspicious android! You've been so helpful in the LSAT forum. :mrgreen:


Thanks, glad to be of help.:)

As potl helpfully quoted, I'm a +75th/-25th splitter. Unfortunately, that LSAT is a retake, don't know how much difference that'll make. I have a significantly higher UGPA than LSAC GPA, but I think that's been shown to mean pretty much not a damn thing.


+1. Hoping the retake doesn't matter

User avatar
zworykin
Posts: 449
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 4:18 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby zworykin » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:57 pm

+1 here as well, +75/-25 with a retake. Also a re-app (I was on the waitlist until classes started last cycle).

Applied last Monday (Tuesday?). Completion pending today.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: A Lutt, asuddenarborealstop, dannyswo, mse2020 and 20 guests