Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:01 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
WhiteGuy5 wrote:Checked mail. Not only is there no VCE, but there isn't anything except a stupid freagin catalogue for some stupid local store.

I mean...I DIDN'T EVEN GET LAW SCHOOL SPAM.

same here :lol:


I think our fates are tied together.

snehpets
Posts: 1143
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby snehpets » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:10 pm

WhiteGuy5 wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
WhiteGuy5 wrote:Checked mail. Not only is there no VCE, but there isn't anything except a stupid freagin catalogue for some stupid local store.

I mean...I DIDN'T EVEN GET LAW SCHOOL SPAM.

same here :lol:


I think our fates are tied together.


Lol, whiteguy, I know you have your scholarship thing, but 1. you could have ED'd to Columbia right? and 2. at least you're in somewhere. you're really not in that horrible of a situation compared to others on TLS, though I understand your frustration.

User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:25 pm

snehpets wrote:
WhiteGuy5 wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
WhiteGuy5 wrote:Checked mail. Not only is there no VCE, but there isn't anything except a stupid freagin catalogue for some stupid local store.

I mean...I DIDN'T EVEN GET LAW SCHOOL SPAM.

same here :lol:


I think our fates are tied together.


Lol, whiteguy, I know you have your scholarship thing, but 1. you could have ED'd to Columbia right? and 2. at least you're in somewhere. you're really not in that horrible of a situation compared to others on TLS, though I understand your frustration.


I remember someone else asked about why I didn't ED. Well...I always thought I had a decent chance anyway, and I thought there was a slight chance I might get into Harvard. So if I don't get in to either one, I just might wait until next year and then ED (and save up money too). As for as my horrible situation, yeah I know it's not bad at all (in fact, I think 70% of the people on TLS are pretty well off, despite "only" getting into T14s and not T6s or T10s). It's just more entertaining to be neurotic and annoyed than poised and reasonable :P

snehpets
Posts: 1143
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby snehpets » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:27 pm

WhiteGuy5 wrote:
I remember someone else asked about why I didn't ED. Well...I always thought I had a decent chance anyway, and I thought there was a slight chance I might get into Harvard. So if I don't get in to either one, I just might wait until next year and then ED (and save up money too). As for as my horrible situation, yeah I know it's not bad at all (in fact, I think 70% of the people on TLS are pretty well off, despite "only" getting into T14s and not T6s or T10s). It's just more entertaining to be neurotic and annoyed than poised and reasonable :P


Haha, fair enough. I am certainly neurotic myself. Hopefully you'll get in and won't have to worry! I'm sure you will, really, I think they're just holding off on 172s.

User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:35 pm

snehpets wrote:
WhiteGuy5 wrote:
I remember someone else asked about why I didn't ED. Well...I always thought I had a decent chance anyway, and I thought there was a slight chance I might get into Harvard. So if I don't get in to either one, I just might wait until next year and then ED (and save up money too). As for as my horrible situation, yeah I know it's not bad at all (in fact, I think 70% of the people on TLS are pretty well off, despite "only" getting into T14s and not T6s or T10s). It's just more entertaining to be neurotic and annoyed than poised and reasonable :P


Haha, fair enough. I am certainly neurotic myself. Hopefully you'll get in and won't have to worry! I'm sure you will, really, I think they're just holding off on 172s.


In all seriousness, I agree. There's just a part of me that thinks that the more I believe I'll get in, the more I'll jinx it.

confusedlaw
Posts: 564
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:10 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby confusedlaw » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:02 pm

Dinged today Columbia y did ou invite me ore the summer if my numbers weren't good enough for you

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JamMasterJ » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:10 pm

WhiteGuy5 wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
WhiteGuy5 wrote:Checked mail. Not only is there no VCE, but there isn't anything except a stupid freagin catalogue for some stupid local store.

I mean...I DIDN'T EVEN GET LAW SCHOOL SPAM.

same here :lol:


I think our fates are tied together.

sounds good to me. Because I doubt they ding you both of us

User avatar
catwomangirl
Posts: 250
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:50 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby catwomangirl » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:14 pm

confusedlaw wrote:Dinged today Columbia y did ou invite me ore the summer if my numbers weren't good enough for you


Sorry to hear that! I'm sure you'll get other great offers.

How did they contact you?

confusedlaw
Posts: 564
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:10 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby confusedlaw » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:49 pm

Snail mail

User avatar
instantwonton
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:30 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby instantwonton » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:53 pm

Haven't heard back yet and there's a chance that there's a decision on the way to me in the mail (good or bad), but I just emailed them withdrawing my application. I decided I would go to HLS over Columbia. Good luck to everyone else!

User avatar
Elliott_Smith
Posts: 379
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:34 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Elliott_Smith » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:06 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
WhiteGuy5 wrote:Checked mail. Not only is there no VCE, but there isn't anything except a stupid freagin catalogue for some stupid local store.

I mean...I DIDN'T EVEN GET LAW SCHOOL SPAM.

same here :lol:


Empty mailbox as well.

:(

poe
Posts: 301
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:23 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby poe » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:11 pm

Elliott_Smith wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
WhiteGuy5 wrote:Checked mail. Not only is there no VCE, but there isn't anything except a stupid freagin catalogue for some stupid local store.

I mean...I DIDN'T EVEN GET LAW SCHOOL SPAM.

same here :lol:


Empty mailbox as well.

:(


Same. But now that I know that rejection letters are in the mail, I'm not so sure I want to find anything...

User avatar
FryBreadPower
Posts: 908
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:46 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby FryBreadPower » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:14 pm

instantwonton wrote:Haven't heard back yet and there's a chance that there's a decision on the way to me in the mail (good or bad), but I just emailed them withdrawing my application. I decided I would go to HLS over Columbia. Good luck to everyone else!


Thank you sir; you are a gentleman and a scholar. Enjoy Harvard.

LawperaMan
Posts: 103
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:25 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby LawperaMan » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:00 am

I received a letter-sized white envelope from Columbia LS today. I think I may file it in a drawer unopened. 10 years from now I will stumble upon it and laugh to think that it may have once held some sort of power over me.

Best of luck all.

User avatar
luxxe
Posts: 830
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:12 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby luxxe » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:06 am

LawperaMan wrote:I received a letter-sized white envelope from Columbia LS today. I think I may file it in a drawer unopened. 10 years from now I will stumble upon it and laugh to think that it may have once held some sort of power over me.

Best of luck all.


Sorry, lawpera :(. Now terrified of what will be soon waiting for me.

User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:11 am

luxxe wrote:
LawperaMan wrote:I received a letter-sized white envelope from Columbia LS today. I think I may file it in a drawer unopened. 10 years from now I will stumble upon it and laugh to think that it may have once held some sort of power over me.

Best of luck all.


Sorry, lawpera :(. Now terrified of what will be soon waiting for me.


Damn that sucks. Best of luck for the rest of your cycle Lawpera!

LawperaMan
Posts: 103
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:25 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby LawperaMan » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:44 pm

FWIW, I live in Manhattan, and my GPA/LAST were both below the 25% for CLS. So I may have been an easy reject and quick mail delivery.

User avatar
instantwonton
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:30 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby instantwonton » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:33 pm

FryBreadPower wrote:
instantwonton wrote:Haven't heard back yet and there's a chance that there's a decision on the way to me in the mail (good or bad), but I just emailed them withdrawing my application. I decided I would go to HLS over Columbia. Good luck to everyone else!


Thank you sir; you are a gentleman and a scholar. Enjoy Harvard.


LOL I don't know about the sir/gentleman part, seeing as I'm a girl :lol: But thank you!

User avatar
AmandaPB
Posts: 430
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:37 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby AmandaPB » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:43 pm

No mail.

User avatar
catwomangirl
Posts: 250
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:50 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby catwomangirl » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:50 pm

I have a theory that many of us with moderate to good numbers are in an unofficial 'hold' until the February 15 deadline, when they can assess the applicant pool as a whole, and they see which YSH people withdraw.

Thoughts?

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JamMasterJ » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:53 pm

AmandaPB wrote:No mail.

same
catwomangirl wrote:I have a theory that many of us with moderate to good numbers are in an unofficial 'hold' until the February 15 deadline, when they can assess the applicant pool as a whole, and they see which YSH people withdraw.

Thoughts?

I don't really think there will be many, if any decisions until mid Feb, but I don't think it's any sort of "hold"

User avatar
citykitty
Posts: 465
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:03 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby citykitty » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:43 pm

Finally received my well-deserved ding via snail mail. I will still hold my head high at UVA. Best of luck to the rest of you waiting.

User avatar
PopTorts13
Posts: 378
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:27 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby PopTorts13 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:50 pm

citykitty wrote:Finally received my well-deserved ding via snail mail. I will still hold my head high at UVA. Best of luck to the rest of you waiting.


Mind saying where about you live, East Coast ooor? Thanks!

User avatar
citykitty
Posts: 465
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:03 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby citykitty » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:52 pm

PopTorts13 wrote:
citykitty wrote:Finally received my well-deserved ding via snail mail. I will still hold my head high at UVA. Best of luck to the rest of you waiting.


Mind saying where about you live, East Coast ooor? Thanks!


Carolinas

User avatar
PopTorts13
Posts: 378
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:27 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby PopTorts13 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:59 pm

citykitty wrote:
PopTorts13 wrote:
citykitty wrote:Finally received my well-deserved ding via snail mail. I will still hold my head high at UVA. Best of luck to the rest of you waiting.


Mind saying where about you live, East Coast ooor? Thanks!


Carolinas


Thanks. I am over here in the MidWest. Should be expecting dingalicious mailings from both Columbia and Yale... I say dingalicious because it sounds more playful, hoping to lessen the deep pain that I will surely endure.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], brinicolec, Finickywalrus, Google [Bot], hoy456, Photomike2, tlee13, xnsch and 16 guests