Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Danny Mothers
Posts: 129
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:25 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Danny Mothers » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:13 pm

msblaw89 wrote:When the time comes, does anyone have any idea how Chicago notifies us with a decision? E-mail? Call? Snail mail?


If you're ED, then I believe they call everyone. Otherwise I'm not sure.

User avatar
Xifeng
Posts: 2562
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:59 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Xifeng » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:48 pm

It's calls for RD & ED, unless you're international and then it's an email.

addy11
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:01 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby addy11 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:34 pm

Any estimate on the gap between UR and Decision Made for RD people?

User avatar
Hawkeye Pierce
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:18 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:36 pm

addy11 wrote:Any estimate on the gap between UR and Decision Made for RD people?


http://chicago.lawschoolnumbers.com/app ... &order=asc

User avatar
AmandaPB
Posts: 430
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:37 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby AmandaPB » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:44 pm

Hawkeye Pierce wrote:
addy11 wrote:Any estimate on the gap between UR and Decision Made for RD people?


http://chicago.lawschoolnumbers.com/app ... &order=asc

LSN doesn't show UR dates, does it?

User avatar
Hawkeye Pierce
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:18 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:45 pm

AmandaPB wrote:
Hawkeye Pierce wrote:
addy11 wrote:Any estimate on the gap between UR and Decision Made for RD people?


http://chicago.lawschoolnumbers.com/app ... &order=asc

LSN doesn't show UR dates, does it?


No, but you can figure stuff out pretty easily by looking at submission/completion dates. So, it doesn't really matter.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JamMasterJ » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:46 pm

Hawkeye Pierce wrote:
AmandaPB wrote:
Hawkeye Pierce wrote:
addy11 wrote:Any estimate on the gap between UR and Decision Made for RD people?


http://chicago.lawschoolnumbers.com/app ... &order=asc

LSN doesn't show UR dates, does it?


No, but you can figure stuff out pretty easily by looking at submission/completion dates. So, it doesn't really matter.

and either way, the gap is huge for September submitters relative to those who sent later

BigJohnso
Posts: 102
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:55 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby BigJohnso » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:06 pm

under review for ED today...

maxpower430
Posts: 410
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:16 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby maxpower430 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:56 am

Complete as of 12/2, submitted on 11/15. good luck everybody.

anewaphorist
Posts: 382
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:13 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby anewaphorist » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:17 pm

If the data were to talk, it would reveal that ED admits are getting phone calls on either next Friday (12/16) or the following Monday (12/19). Deffered/WLed ED applicants will find out about 10 days later.

User avatar
AmandaPB
Posts: 430
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:37 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby AmandaPB » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:12 pm

Anyone else get that email from Loyola today that said from “Loyola University Chicago?” Kinda freaked me OUT a bit.

addy11
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:01 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby addy11 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:24 pm

AmandaPB wrote:Anyone else get that email from Loyola today that said from “Loyola University Chicago?” Kinda freaked me OUT a bit.


No, but last week I did get a huge packet from "Northwestern School of Law" and beneath that it said "of Lewis & Clark College." An enterprising TTT should rename its law school "Harvard Law School at XYZ College."

I guess yours was more innocent than mine, but I understand the frustration. Based on last year, RD people almost exclusively heard back on January 10th. Like, a gigantic wave of them.

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Dany » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:25 pm

Yeah I applied in November and still heard the same day as September submitters - on January 10.

User avatar
AmandaPB
Posts: 430
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:37 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby AmandaPB » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:22 am

Dany wrote:Yeah I applied in November and still heard the same day as September submitters - on January 10.

Well I will mark that on my calendar and forget about Chicago for a while!

User avatar
Zelda
Posts: 193
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:06 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Zelda » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:58 pm

So does the status checker actually change from "complete" to "under review"?

User avatar
Danny Mothers
Posts: 129
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:25 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Danny Mothers » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:06 pm

Zelda wrote:So does the status checker actually change from "complete" to "under review"?


Yes. I went complete 11/10 and UR 11/17.

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:34 pm

So when are we thinking ED will hear back? I know last year it started on the 18th and given that the 18th in on a Sunday this year... the 19th maybe?

mijenks
Posts: 191
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:36 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby mijenks » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:40 pm

msblaw89 wrote:So when are we thinking ED will hear back? I know last year it started on the 18th and given that the 18th in on a Sunday this year... the 19th maybe?

Last year the 18th was a Saturday...

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:43 pm

mijenks wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:So when are we thinking ED will hear back? I know last year it started on the 18th and given that the 18th in on a Sunday this year... the 19th maybe?

Last year the 18th was a Saturday...

Yes, that is why I said the 18th is on a Sunday this year

User avatar
Xifeng
Posts: 2562
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:59 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Xifeng » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:23 pm

...if y'all want honest answers to questions about Chicago, now's a good time to ask them. We 1Ls just finished our first exam x____X

User avatar
Samara
Posts: 3245
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 4:26 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Samara » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:26 pm

Xifeng wrote:...if y'all want honest answers to questions about Chicago, now's a good time to ask them. We 1Ls just finished our first exam x____X

Do our questions have to be rigorous?

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:29 pm

Xifeng wrote:...if y'all want honest answers to questions about Chicago, now's a good time to ask them. We 1Ls just finished our first exam x____X

So how did it go ?

User avatar
foxylaxy
Posts: 165
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:06 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby foxylaxy » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:38 pm

Xifeng wrote:...if y'all want honest answers to questions about Chicago, now's a good time to ask them. We 1Ls just finished our first exam x____X


I'm from Chicago, but never lived near UChicago. What's nearby for public transport and how late/often to they run?

User avatar
Xifeng
Posts: 2562
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:59 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Xifeng » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:07 pm

Samara wrote:
Xifeng wrote:...if y'all want honest answers to questions about Chicago, now's a good time to ask them. We 1Ls just finished our first exam x____X

Do our questions have to be rigorous?


Always.

msblaw89 wrote:So how did it go ?


Unsure. Hopefully well?

foxylaxy wrote:I'm from Chicago, but never lived near UChicago. What's nearby for public transport and how late/often to they run?


Well there's the metra, and the UChicago buses run from early until like, 6:30. And the 6 goes downtown if you're near the lake. Depends on where you end up living! And the 2 goes from downtown to right by the law school during rush hour.

Themaddh
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:27 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Themaddh » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:09 pm

Xifeng wrote:
Samara wrote:
Xifeng wrote:...if y'all want honest answers to questions about Chicago, now's a good time to ask them. We 1Ls just finished our first exam x____X

Do our questions have to be rigorous?


Always.

msblaw89 wrote:So how did it go ?


Unsure. Hopefully well?

foxylaxy wrote:I'm from Chicago, but never lived near UChicago. What's nearby for public transport and how late/often to they run?


Well there's the metra, and the UChicago buses run from early until like, 6:30. And the 6 goes downtown if you're near the lake. Depends on where you end up living! And the 2 goes from downtown to right by the law school during rush hour.


What is student culture like? Is everyone studying all the time and as nerdy as everyone makes it sound or do people have real lives outside of school?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dietcoke1, Google Adsense [Bot], lawschoolbound2017, PDX4343, Smc1994, studyingeveryday, texteach, trohara14 and 24 guests