Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
soj
Posts: 7735
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby soj » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:36 pm

UnamSanctam wrote:Oh stop. She's awesome in our October Study thread.

such blatant white knighting is a sure sign of a foreveralone.

hermione's awesome

User avatar
Hawkeye Pierce
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:18 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:43 pm

soj wrote:
UnamSanctam wrote:Oh stop. She's awesome in our October Study thread.

such blatant white knighting is a sure sign of a foreveralone.

hermione's awesome


<----- so confused.

User avatar
crumpetsandtea
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby crumpetsandtea » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:57 pm

dakure wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:
dakure wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:STOP BEING MEAN TO MY TLS BFF (the not-ginj one) GAIS.

can we be bffs? I'm ronery.

http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=163134

You post in there too. Lets rectify this together.

I'd rather be forever alone :mrgreen:

User avatar
j12
Posts: 169
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:41 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby j12 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:57 pm

How many states has everyone been to?

User avatar
UnamSanctam
Posts: 7159
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:17 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby UnamSanctam » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:02 pm

soj wrote:
UnamSanctam wrote:Oh stop. She's awesome in our October Study thread.

such blatant white knighting is a sure sign of a foreveralone.

hermione's awesome


From aforementioned thread

UnamSanctam wrote:Dibs on WKing Hermione...forever.


If Hermione gets UChi, does that mean UChi>HYSCN?

User avatar
dakure
Posts: 451
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:04 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby dakure » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:07 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
dakure wrote:You post in there too. Lets rectify this together.

I'd rather be forever alone :mrgreen:

ouch.

User avatar
soj
Posts: 7735
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby soj » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:10 pm

UnamSanctam wrote:Dibs on WKing Hermione...foreveralone.
:wink:
(it's pronounced forever-a-LOW-nee)

UnamSanctam wrote:does that mean UChi>HYSCN?

in before brian leiTTTer sTTTatistics

d34dluk3, u mad? <3

User avatar
dakure
Posts: 451
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:04 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby dakure » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:15 pm

soj wrote:
UnamSanctam wrote:does that mean UChi>HYSCN?

in before brian leiTTTer sTTTatistics

d34dluk3, u mad? <3

your whore mouth

User avatar
soj
Posts: 7735
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby soj » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:25 pm

here are some real statistics:
Image
oh wait, it's not even in the top 20.

Image
LOLpage2
(included Kernel for Bils <3)

User avatar
Sentry
Posts: 1235
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:38 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Sentry » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:02 pm

TemporarySaint wrote:Decided I'm EDing. Now time to cross fingers.

We can watch Husker games and talk about EDing together next year.

User avatar
dakure
Posts: 451
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:04 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby dakure » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:23 pm

Take your Canadian GPA out of her, SOJ

User avatar
Muenchen
Posts: 1197
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:42 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Muenchen » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:51 pm

dakure wrote:Take your Canadian GPA out of her, SOJ

lolIvyLeague

User avatar
skers
Posts: 4950
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:33 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby skers » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:47 am

Sentry wrote:
TemporarySaint wrote:Decided I'm EDing. Now time to cross fingers.

We can watch Husker games and talk about EDing together next year.


Oh I fully expect Bils to help me stockpile delicious Colorado beer and you to throw the bones with me next year.

Saiith
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:13 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Saiith » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:07 am

yay

User avatar
Xifeng
Posts: 2562
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:59 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Xifeng » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:42 am

Image

:D

User avatar
Perdevise
Posts: 367
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:45 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Perdevise » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:23 pm

Chicago is tied for number one for me (I'm still vacillating between it and NYU). Very excited to apply; has TLS reached a consensus on a Why Chicago?

User avatar
Tiago Splitter
Posts: 15457
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:20 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Tiago Splitter » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:32 pm

I have reached a dictator-style consensus. I will go into "Why Chicago" in my PS more than I will for other schools, but no separate essay.

User avatar
Perdevise
Posts: 367
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:45 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Perdevise » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:33 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote:I have reached a dictator-style consensus. I will go into "Why Chicago" in my PS more than I will for other schools, but no separate essay.


Ah, the best sort of consensus. That sounds like a pretty good idea.

User avatar
Blessedassurance
Posts: 2081
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:42 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Blessedassurance » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:41 pm

acadec wrote:Appreqs indicates that, in the past, the Chicago application has become available on August 15. Can we expect to have the app available already on Monday?


It becomes available on August 22nd.

Edit: Nevermind...moot.

User avatar
Hawkeye Pierce
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:18 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:40 am

Blessedassurance wrote:
acadec wrote:Appreqs indicates that, in the past, the Chicago application has become available on August 15. Can we expect to have the app available already on Monday?


It becomes available on August 22nd.

Edit: Nevermind...moot.


Yup! Can't wait to fill it out tomorrow.

I wish other schools gave some indication as to when they would make their applications available. Only ~10 days until Sept 1.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JamMasterJ » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:57 am

Perdevise wrote:Chicago is tied for number one for me (I'm still vacillating between it and NYU). Very excited to apply; has TLS reached a consensus on a Why Chicago?

+1, minus the whole "tied" thing. It's a one horse race for me. What is everyone's opinion on the score I'd need WRT RD vs. ED with a 3.53 gpa?

User avatar
Hawkeye Pierce
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:18 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:02 am

JamMasterJ wrote:
Perdevise wrote:Chicago is tied for number one for me (I'm still vacillating between it and NYU). Very excited to apply; has TLS reached a consensus on a Why Chicago?

+1, minus the whole "tied" thing. It's a one horse race for me. What is everyone's opinion on the score I'd need WRT RD vs. ED with a 3.53 gpa?


Unfortunately, it looks like no shot at Chicago with RD: http://chicago.lawschoolnumbers.com/app ... =1&type=jd

And there aren't many data points for ED, so I'm not really sure: http://chicago.lawschoolnumbers.com/app ... =3&type=jd

uchi15hopeful
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:55 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby uchi15hopeful » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:20 am

I was wondering how significant a .1 GPA difference would be, all things equal (say a 3.77 vs 3.87)?

Thanks

User avatar
Hawkeye Pierce
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:18 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:30 am

uchi15hopeful wrote:I was wondering how significant a .1 GPA difference would be, all things equal (say a 3.77 vs 3.87)?

Thanks


Well, I think it depends on multiple factors, including where the 0.1 GPA difference is, i.e., is it between a 3.9 and a 4.0? a 3.3 and a 3.4? Or as you said a 3.77 and a 3.87? Assuming the latter, a 3.77 is below their median, while a 3.87 is at their 75th percentile. So, in this case, I think it would make a large difference.

Of course, it also depends on what your LSAT score is.

User avatar
soj
Posts: 7735
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby soj » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:32 am

Aw shit, apps are coming out tomorrow? But I'm not ready to apply yet. Why did I waste another weekend. :x




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Christinabruin, Leahmealone, Long shot hero and 7 guests