catholicgirl wrote:Got in. Seriously cried because in a weird way I was totally devastated. Had I gotten in at the beginning of my cycle when I originally applied, I would have gone without reservation. But now I've made a bunch of ties in Virginia...
So obviously, if I get aid from Chicago I will go. Though I don't know how likely that is given the fact I'm a waitlister. But what would you guys do in my position? I want to end up working in the Midwest. If both Chicago and UVA at sticker which would you pick?
Well for starters, I wouldn't assume you'll be getting nothing money wise. They've been very generous with the $$ and some people admitted very late and off the WL have gotten some. So that might solve your problem easily.
If not, I don't think any amount of connections you could build up in a few months will make VA>Chi in the midwest. Unless you're having an affair with a Senator from a midwest state- or someone else explicitly promised you a sweet job after graduation but only if you went to Virginia- well I just can't imagine a likely scenario that works here.
I'm assuming "ties" at UVA simply means you've found a roommate/friends and all that nonsense, in which case I say it's plenty early to switch to Chicago.