Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Bildungsroman » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:35 pm

My condolences to everyone who was waitlisted or rejected.

User avatar
sailboat
Posts: 114
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:43 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sailboat » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:36 pm

Hawkeye Pierce wrote:^ I doubt it. I have almost no ECs and didn't demonstrate a commitment to Chicago in my application.


Could be your PS. Could be your LORs. Could be they want more people from the West Coast.

I'm with Kenneth on this. If numbers (plus insane, Nobel Prize-level softs) were everything, I wouldn't have gotten in anywhere besides Georgetown.

ETA: Wanted to say congrats to you, though, HP, even if I disagree with your reasoning on this. :)

User avatar
JustE
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JustE » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:38 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:My condolences to everyone who was waitlisted or rejected.

User avatar
Smumps
Posts: 332
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:37 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Smumps » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:49 pm

Did they WL more people than normal? I ask because I'm certainly a weak candidate and was WL. I'd love to put in a ton of effort to get in (essay, LOCI, etc) and ride it out, but not if 100+ people with way better numbers than me are doing the same. Then again, maybe all of you will go to Harvard.

otomihsoy
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:19 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby otomihsoy » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:51 pm

Waitlisted....thought it might happen but still bummed because Chicago was one of my top choices. Sigh.

173/3.6ish

complete 11/29, 3 UR updates

User avatar
Zelda
Posts: 193
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:06 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Zelda » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:59 pm

What a crazy day in this thread.

When are the next batch of decisions due?

thisguy456
Posts: 146
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:42 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby thisguy456 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:05 pm

Waitlisted, stats in profile.

User avatar
MachineLemon
Posts: 375
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:47 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby MachineLemon » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:08 pm

dakure wrote:

croger21
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby croger21 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:11 pm

In today via email.
First time posting on this topic.

170/3.6

UR dates 1/6,1/10, 1/11

User avatar
curiouscat
Posts: 315
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 9:57 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby curiouscat » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:25 pm

croger21 wrote:In today via email.
First time posting on this topic.

170/3.6

UR dates 1/6,1/10, 1/11


Wow, nice! Are you a URM by any chance? Unique softs?

User avatar
Lemon Lyman
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:20 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Lemon Lyman » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:30 pm

Haven't heard anything yet... Submitted 11/17, most recent update 1/10.

croger21
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby croger21 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:36 pm

curiouscat wrote:
croger21 wrote:In today via email.
First time posting on this topic.

170/3.6

UR dates 1/6,1/10, 1/11


Wow, nice! Are you a URM by any chance? Unique softs?


Both actually. I am URM with some nice softs.
Last edited by croger21 on Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Curious1
Posts: 964
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:54 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Curious1 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:44 pm

Smumps wrote:Did they WL more people than normal? I ask because I'm certainly a weak candidate and was WL. I'd love to put in a ton of effort to get in (essay, LOCI, etc) and ride it out, but not if 100+ people with way better numbers than me are doing the same. Then again, maybe all of you will go to Harvard.


I've withdrawn.

Good luck to you dude, and anyone else who is hoping to get off the WL.

NavyLaw
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:36 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby NavyLaw » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:53 pm

WL today...numbers around their 25th percentiles but was hoping for some love for significant military experience. Shitty cycle thus far and am convinced that no school gives any real weight to factors outside of gpa/LSAT

User avatar
Mr. Somebody
Posts: 867
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:42 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Mr. Somebody » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:55 pm

NavyLaw wrote:WL today...numbers around their 25th percentiles but was hoping for some love for significant military experience. Shitty cycle thus far and am convinced that no school gives any real weight to factors outside of gpa/LSAT

Huh? Fact that you were waitlisted and not dinged says otherwise. Im sure youll be fine

sea15
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:20 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sea15 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:58 pm

Curious1 wrote:
Smumps wrote:Did they WL more people than normal? I ask because I'm certainly a weak candidate and was WL. I'd love to put in a ton of effort to get in (essay, LOCI, etc) and ride it out, but not if 100+ people with way better numbers than me are doing the same. Then again, maybe all of you will go to Harvard.


I've withdrawn.

Good luck to you dude, and anyone else who is hoping to get off the WL.


I think I'm going to withdraw too. I'm a little pissed and a bit offended. I think it will help my ego. Lol. I really would have gone to Chicago with a scholly over Harvard....Now I just want to withdraw from Chicago and tell them I'm going to Harvard instead.

sea15
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:20 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sea15 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:59 pm

sea15 wrote:
Curious1 wrote:
Smumps wrote:Did they WL more people than normal? I ask because I'm certainly a weak candidate and was WL. I'd love to put in a ton of effort to get in (essay, LOCI, etc) and ride it out, but not if 100+ people with way better numbers than me are doing the same. Then again, maybe all of you will go to Harvard.


I've withdrawn.

Good luck to you dude, and anyone else who is hoping to get off the WL.


I think I'm going to withdraw too. I'm a little pissed and a bit offended. I think it will help my ego. Lol. I really would have gone to Chicago with a scholly over Harvard....Now I just want to withdraw from Chicago and tell them I'm going to Harvard instead.


Where's that thread where we pretend we really didn't want them to begin with?

Curious1
Posts: 964
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:54 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Curious1 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:00 pm

sea15 wrote:
sea15 wrote:
Curious1 wrote:
Smumps wrote:Did they WL more people than normal? I ask because I'm certainly a weak candidate and was WL. I'd love to put in a ton of effort to get in (essay, LOCI, etc) and ride it out, but not if 100+ people with way better numbers than me are doing the same. Then again, maybe all of you will go to Harvard.


I've withdrawn.

Good luck to you dude, and anyone else who is hoping to get off the WL.


I think I'm going to withdraw too. I'm a little pissed and a bit offended. I think it will help my ego. Lol. I really would have gone to Chicago with a scholly over Harvard....Now I just want to withdraw from Chicago and tell them I'm going to Harvard instead.


Where's that thread where we pretend we really didn't want them to begin with?


TBF I have hundreds of posts about how prestige-obsessed I was and why I thought it was a good idea to turn down the Ruby for H. So not pretending :P

Still pissed though.

NavyLaw
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:36 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby NavyLaw » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:06 pm

Mr. Somebody wrote:
NavyLaw wrote:WL today...numbers around their 25th percentiles but was hoping for some love for significant military experience. Shitty cycle thus far and am convinced that no school gives any real weight to factors outside of gpa/LSAT

Huh? Fact that you were waitlisted and not dinged says otherwise. Im sure youll be fine



I know. I'm just bitter about my dings from penn and UVA

User avatar
JoeMo
Posts: 1518
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:29 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JoeMo » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:08 pm

NavyLaw wrote:WL today...numbers around their 25th percentiles but was hoping for some love for significant military experience. Shitty cycle thus far and am convinced that no school gives any real weight to factors outside of gpa/LSAT


Military experience = I hope you threw an application at Michigan.

User avatar
matvei
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:25 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby matvei » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:18 pm

In this morning! 167/3.9ish! Pretty pumped but equally surprised!

User avatar
catholicgirl
Posts: 320
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:34 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby catholicgirl » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:57 pm

Please tell me I'm not the only WL who totally ugly cried when they didn't get called?

User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:18 pm

Curious1 wrote:
TBF I have hundreds of posts about how prestige-obsessed I was and why I thought it was a good idea to turn down the Ruby for H. So not pretending :P .


I can vouch for this. He is.

sea15
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:20 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sea15 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:32 pm

WhiteGuy5 wrote:
Curious1 wrote:
TBF I have hundreds of posts about how prestige-obsessed I was and why I thought it was a good idea to turn down the Ruby for H. So not pretending :P .


I can vouch for this. He is.


Unfortunately, I am not as prestige-obsessed. Harvard debt totally freaks me out. I really thought Chicago would be a viable option. Oh well!

Curious1
Posts: 964
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:54 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Curious1 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:34 pm

sea15 wrote:
WhiteGuy5 wrote:
Curious1 wrote:
TBF I have hundreds of posts about how prestige-obsessed I was and why I thought it was a good idea to turn down the Ruby for H. So not pretending :P .


I can vouch for this. He is.


Unfortunately, I am not as prestige-obsessed. Harvard debt totally freaks me out. I really thought Chicago would be a viable option. Oh well!


Again. This is like...the definition of a champagne problem.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: flowering, legallyadog, potatoes, stewhan, taxman14 and 16 guests