Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
bball1997
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 11:02 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby bball1997 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:50 pm

MumofCad wrote:Ummm...not great news from LSAC. She said she'd look at it, but the application shouldn't be up yet. They are still re-vamping their application process and its likely that any apps up now will be lost when they complete the process in the coming week. Apparently, it will look very differently when complete. Her recommendation was to sit tight

Very unhappy about this if it's true...

User avatar
soj
Posts: 7735
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby soj » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:50 pm

descartesb4thehorse wrote:As opposed to.. feeding bad info to throw your competition off the hot leads?
Lol just kidding.

God damn HP and his fake info.

User avatar
dakure
Posts: 451
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:04 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby dakure » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:53 pm

soj wrote:
descartesb4thehorse wrote:As opposed to.. feeding bad info to throw your competition off the hot leads?
Lol just kidding.

God damn HP and his fake info.

What a douche.

User avatar
Hawkeye Pierce
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:18 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:00 pm

dakure wrote:
soj wrote:
descartesb4thehorse wrote:As opposed to.. feeding bad info to throw your competition off the hot leads?
Lol just kidding.

God damn HP and his fake info.

What a douche.


Dammit, descartes, you caught onto my secret plan :evil:

User avatar
UnamSanctam
Posts: 7167
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:17 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby UnamSanctam » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:24 pm

j12 wrote:I'm probably not going to apply until September 2 or 3. Do you think that will hurt my chances?


180. Did not get the recognition it deserved.

User avatar
Hawkeye Pierce
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:18 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:28 pm

UnamSanctam wrote:
j12 wrote:I'm probably not going to apply until September 2 or 3. Do you think that will hurt my chances?


180. Did not get the recognition it deserved.


95% of applicants send in their application on September 1, so I would DEFINITELY try to get it in on that day as well. You're going to get destroyed with a rejection if you don't.

User avatar
j12
Posts: 169
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:41 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby j12 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:31 pm

Hawkeye Pierce wrote:
UnamSanctam wrote:
j12 wrote:I'm probably not going to apply until September 2 or 3. Do you think that will hurt my chances?


180. Did not get the recognition it deserved.


95% of applicants send in their application on September 1, so I would DEFINITELY try to get it in on that day as well. You're going to get destroyed with a rejection if you don't.

I've trolled a couple times without any response. I was worried I wasn't making any friends in Chicago.

j12 wrote:Hey guys, I'm new to TLS. Thanks for making this nifty gathering spot for applicants.
Do any of you spend time in the lounge? I hear it's scary.


j12 wrote:How many states has everyone been to?


Without visiting any school UChi is my top choice of the schools I have a realistic shot at, so maybe I'll make sure to get it out by at least September 2

User avatar
soj
Posts: 7735
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby soj » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:43 pm

lol apply on sep 2? you might as well check off the international student box and pray you get the mercy WL rather than the ding.

User avatar
dakure
Posts: 451
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:04 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby dakure » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:53 pm

soj wrote:lol apply on sep 2? you might as well check off the international student box and pray you get the mercy WL rather than the ding.

lolcanada

madvillain
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 10:39 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby madvillain » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:03 pm

Hey guys, I just checked the LSAC site for the Chicago app. Under "Complete application forms," it says "alert:
school updated application - review your answers." But when I check the PDF and the questions, I don't see any real changes to the questions. Anybody else notice this?

bball1997
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 11:02 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby bball1997 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:12 pm

madvillain wrote:Hey guys, I just checked the LSAC site for the Chicago app. Under "Complete application forms," it says "alert:
school updated application - review your answers." But when I check the PDF and the questions, I don't see any real changes to the questions. Anybody else notice this?

maybe they fixed some of the technical difficulties?

madvillain
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 10:39 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby madvillain » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:14 pm

Never mind, it went back to normal. Strange.

Yeah perhaps they fixed some of the errors people have mentioned with the Education section...hopefully this means they won't just delete all the information on Sept 1st like MumofCad mentioned....

MumofCad
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby MumofCad » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:44 pm

Mine said the same and yes, the education section is better. Its still erasing anything over 4 entries though.

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Dany » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:52 pm

All right, so who in here only wants to go to Chicago and no other schools? They're my auto-favorite.

(That was me last cycle.)

Also happy to answer questions, although I think Xifeng and bils can handle it without me. I can post pictures of UChicago, though.

User avatar
Hawkeye Pierce
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:18 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:58 pm

Dany wrote:All right, so who in here only wants to go to Chicago and no other schools? They're my auto-favorite.

(That was me last cycle.)

Also happy to answer questions, although I think Xifeng and bils can handle it without me. I can post pictures of UChicago, though.


Not my number one choice, but it's still way up there. Is that good enough D:

User avatar
Perdevise
Posts: 367
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:45 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Perdevise » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:59 pm

Dany wrote:All right, so who in here only wants to go to Chicago and no other schools? They're my auto-favorite.

(That was me last cycle.)

Also happy to answer questions, although I think Xifeng and bils can handle it without me. I can post pictures of UChicago, though.


Can you tell me a little about PI opportunities at Chicago?

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JamMasterJ » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:59 pm

Dany wrote:All right, so who in here only wants to go to Chicago and no other schools? They're my auto-favorite.

(That was me last cycle.)

Also happy to answer questions, although I think Xifeng and bils can handle it without me. I can post pictures of UChicago, though.

Not my only choice, but def my number 1

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Dany » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:03 pm

Perdevise wrote:Can you tell me a little about PI opportunities at Chicago?

Not really, but Xifeng can.

Off the top of my head, definitely look over the new LRAP and new clinic they started, but other than that I'm all biglaw, so she knows way more about it than me.

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Dany » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm

Hawkeye Pierce wrote:Not my number one choice, but it's still way up there. Is that good enough D:

Hm. :?


JamMasterJ wrote:Not my only choice, but def my number 1

Much better.

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Bildungsroman » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:05 pm

Dany wrote:
Perdevise wrote:Can you tell me a little about PI opportunities at Chicago?

Not really, but Xifeng can.

Off the top of my head, definitely look over the new LRAP and new clinic they started, but other than that I'm all biglaw, so she knows way more about it than me.

Xifeng is PI? lolol. Dany and I can answer questions re: models/bottles.

User avatar
Hawkeye Pierce
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:18 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:07 pm

Dany wrote:
Hawkeye Pierce wrote:Not my number one choice, but it's still way up there. Is that good enough D:

Hm. :?


I'll take that as a yes :P

User avatar
Xifeng
Posts: 2562
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:59 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Xifeng » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:34 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:
Dany wrote:
Perdevise wrote:Can you tell me a little about PI opportunities at Chicago?

Not really, but Xifeng can.

Off the top of my head, definitely look over the new LRAP and new clinic they started, but other than that I'm all biglaw, so she knows way more about it than me.

Xifeng is PI? lolol. Dany and I can answer questions re: models/bottles.


Yes I am, bitches! XD

Quick summary: from what I've learned talking to the people at Chicago, PI is becoming much more important to them. Even last year, the LRAP sucked (sorry, Chicago. It's true), but now it's wayyy better and even clerkships count in case you want to do that before doing regular PI stuff. They have a new "Director of Public Interest Law and Policy," Susan Curry, who seems really great. They're also expanding clinical opportunities!

Here's an article about them expanding their PI stuff:
http://www.law.uchicago.edu/news/susan- ... st-program

tl;dr of my 'quick summary': they seem to be working to build up their PI community, and it definitely feels that you would get a lot of support/attention even if you are in the minority at Chicago :)

ETA: and feel free to PM me if you have more questions about PI/my talks with Chicago people. I would like to only be outed on Day 2 of orientation versus Day 1 <3

freestallion
Posts: 944
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:17 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby freestallion » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:35 pm

Xifeng wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:
Dany wrote:
Perdevise wrote:Can you tell me a little about PI opportunities at Chicago?

Not really, but Xifeng can.

Off the top of my head, definitely look over the new LRAP and new clinic they started, but other than that I'm all biglaw, so she knows way more about it than me.

Xifeng is PI? lolol. Dany and I can answer questions re: models/bottles.


Yes I am, bitches! XD

Quick summary: from what I've learned talking to the people at Chicago, PI is becoming much more important to them. Even last year, the LRAP sucked (sorry, Chicago. It's true), but now it's wayyy better and even clerkships count in case you want to do that before doing regular PI stuff. They have a new "Director of Public Interest Law and Policy," Susan Curry, who seems really great. They're also expanding clinical opportunities!

Here's an article about them expanding their PI stuff:
http://www.law.uchicago.edu/news/susan- ... st-program

tl;dr of my 'quick summary': they seem to be working to build up their PI community, and it definitely feels that you would get a lot of support/attention even if you are in the minority at Chicago :)

ETA: and feel free to PM me if you have more questions about PI/my talks with Chicago people. I would like to only be outed on Day 2 of orientation versus Day 1 <3


That sounds pretty good, but I heard that only *one* person went into a PI job last year. Is that true? Do you see that number being larger for your class?

User avatar
Hawkeye Pierce
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:18 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:36 pm

Xifeng wrote:They have a new "Director of Public Interest Law and Policy," Susan Curry


Hmmmm......

User avatar
soj
Posts: 7735
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby soj » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:38 pm

Hawkeye Pierce wrote:
Xifeng wrote:They have a new "Director of Public Interest Law and Policy," Susan Curry


Hmmmm......

in before mod edit

i bet more chicago students will be going into PI, though i don't know how many more.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AZnative, proteinshake and 21 guests