Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
TheWatch
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:12 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby TheWatch » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:05 pm

Mr. Somebody wrote:
dakure wrote:Please fill this out so the rest of us have some news.




TheWatch wrote:
dakure wrote:When do rejections come out?

if you're not in by noon CST assume the worst

User avatar
Blessedassurance
Posts: 2081
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:42 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Blessedassurance » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:06 pm

JustE wrote:
Blessedassurance wrote:
Schola wrote:For what it's worth, I am in the eastern time zone, think I would be a perfect fit for Chicago, have had a lot of success this cycle so far (including Harvard and Stanford), and I still haven't gotten a call. I guess anything is possible, but I would be surprised if I got rejected. So people should just take a deep breath. Edit: And I submitted in September


???


He's going to Harvard. Pay him no mind.


All that prestige! I'm jealous.

spek
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:40 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby spek » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:07 pm

Looks like the calls have stopped... :S

User avatar
Mr. Somebody
Posts: 867
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:42 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Mr. Somebody » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:07 pm

Well its noon CST isnt it? So are we doneskies :(

snehpets
Posts: 1143
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby snehpets » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:07 pm

Blessedassurance wrote:
snehpets wrote: What's ? about that? They got into Harvard and Stanford. Seems valid to say it would be surprising not to get into a lower ranked school.


I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or serious.


Serious. I can't tell if YOU'RE being sarcastic or serious. Obviously nothing is "100% numbers based," but this person obviously had the numbers to get into Harvard, which means they also probably didn't have something major wrong with their application. I personally would be surprised if they got flat out rejected based on those facts. Waitlisted maybe but that would also be surprising. It would be stupid to claim there's not a grades/LSAT based trend to these acceptances. I don't really see what you're saying. Of course I would love to believe I get in places bc I'm a special snowflake and my app is amazing, but when it comes down to it, it's a numbers game at most schools for most people.

Also if you're trolling me, lol, good job.
Last edited by snehpets on Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
dakure
Posts: 451
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:04 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby dakure » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:07 pm

I think watch was kidding. Someone got in at 5:00 CST last year.

User avatar
JustE
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JustE » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:08 pm

dakure wrote:I got a call from my mother. I hate her.


Again, I lol'd.

User avatar
Doorkeeper
Posts: 4872
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Doorkeeper » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:08 pm

spek wrote:Looks like the calls have stopped... :S


Lets pray that this is a lunch break instead of them stopping. The post about last year's acceptance calls said that they lasted a few hours. At this point it's been under 2 hours. Optimism!

Nobody
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:17 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Nobody » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:08 pm

dakure wrote:I got a call from my mother. I hate her.

I legit laughed out loud at this. Bartlett avatar helped.

User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:08 pm

The thread from last years showed people getting calls as late as 4:00PM...can everyone calm down...

User avatar
Genki
Posts: 247
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:04 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Genki » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:09 pm

New update on the twitter account:

"Still on the phones. We try calling all admits, but no int'l calls and no message if vm is full or on general/non-personal work vm accounts."

User avatar
TheWatch
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:12 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby TheWatch » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:09 pm

dakure wrote:I think watch was kidding. Someone got in at 5:00 CST last year.

I wish I could troll on your moms level


dakure wrote:I got a call from my mother. I hate her.

Schola
Posts: 103
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:55 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Schola » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:13 pm

snehpets wrote:
Blessedassurance wrote:
snehpets wrote: What's ? about that? They got into Harvard and Stanford. Seems valid to say it would be surprising not to get into a lower ranked school.


I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or serious.


Serious. I can't tell if YOU'RE being sarcastic or serious. Obviously nothing is "100% numbers based," but this person obviously had the numbers to get into Harvard, which means they also probably didn't have something major wrong with their application. I personally would be surprised if they got flat out rejected based on those facts. Waitlisted maybe but that would also be surprising. It would be stupid to claim there's not a grades/LSAT based trend to these acceptances. I don't really see what you're saying. Of course I would love to believe I get in places bc I'm a special snowflake and my app is amazing, but when it comes down to it, it's a numbers game at most schools for most people.

Also if you're trolling me, lol, good job.


Just to clarify, I wasn't trying to be an ass or anything. I was simply trying to help people calm down. I do think anything is possible, and perhaps this admissions committee saw something in my app or found something about me on the web that made them think that they shouldn't admit me. I'm not ruling this out.

ignatiusr
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:05 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ignatiusr » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:14 pm

Got the call about an hour ago. Complete 10/18, UR 1/9. Just a wild guess, but I wouldn't be surprised if those with 1/9 URs were above certain numerical cutoffs. Wouldn't mean that non-1/9ers are all rejects, just that their numbers are such that they require a more careful/prolonged review.

User avatar
AntipodeanPhil
Posts: 1300
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:02 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby AntipodeanPhil » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:14 pm

Gah! I got a call from Chicago earlier today, but I was in an area with bad reception. I tried to listen to the message but accidentally deleted it with my face. Why did I get a new phone at the height of decision season?

So, congratulations to everyone who got in! Hopefully I'm with you.

User avatar
Nelson
Posts: 2061
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:43 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Nelson » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:15 pm

ignatiusr wrote:Got the call about an hour ago. Complete 10/18, UR 1/9. Just a wild guess, but I wouldn't be surprised if those with 1/9 URs were above certain numerical cutoffs. Wouldn't mean that non-1/9ers are all rejects, just that their numbers are such that they require a more careful/prolonged review.

Those are my dates. Don't go getting my hopes up like that.

User avatar
dakure
Posts: 451
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:04 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby dakure » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:16 pm

Nelson wrote:
ignatiusr wrote:Got the call about an hour ago. Complete 10/18, UR 1/9. Just a wild guess, but I wouldn't be surprised if those with 1/9 URs were above certain numerical cutoffs. Wouldn't mean that non-1/9ers are all rejects, just that their numbers are such that they require a more careful/prolonged review.

Those are my dates. Don't go getting my hopes up like that.

Mine too. ugh.

law2015
Posts: 398
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:29 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby law2015 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:17 pm

ignatiusr wrote:Got the call about an hour ago. Complete 10/18, UR 1/9. Just a wild guess, but I wouldn't be surprised if those with 1/9 URs were above certain numerical cutoffs. Wouldn't mean that non-1/9ers are all rejects, just that their numbers are such that they require a more careful/prolonged review.


I doubt it. I am UR 1/9 and my numbers are 3.5x and 173, which I think is waitlist bound.

addy11
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:01 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby addy11 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:17 pm

Schola wrote:
Just to clarify, I wasn't trying to be an ass or anything. I was simply trying to help people calm down. I do think anything is possible, and perhaps this admissions committee saw something in my app or found something about me on the web that made them think that they shouldn't admit me. I'm not ruling this out.


It wouldn't surprise me if they were waiting until later in the day to do Rubies. That could be why you (and others with sweet numbers) haven't heard back.

User avatar
amc987
Posts: 568
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:58 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby amc987 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:17 pm

IN!!! Just got the call a couple of minutes ago. Submitted 10/27, Complete 11/2. Stats in post history. Super excited.

All of my worrying was for nothing. Good luck to everyone else! So far 1/9 updates have meant good news, fwiw.

User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:17 pm

Schola wrote:
snehpets wrote:
Blessedassurance wrote:
snehpets wrote: What's ? about that? They got into Harvard and Stanford. Seems valid to say it would be surprising not to get into a lower ranked school.


I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or serious.


Serious. I can't tell if YOU'RE being sarcastic or serious. Obviously nothing is "100% numbers based," but this person obviously had the numbers to get into Harvard, which means they also probably didn't have something major wrong with their application. I personally would be surprised if they got flat out rejected based on those facts. Waitlisted maybe but that would also be surprising. It would be stupid to claim there's not a grades/LSAT based trend to these acceptances. I don't really see what you're saying. Of course I would love to believe I get in places bc I'm a special snowflake and my app is amazing, but when it comes down to it, it's a numbers game at most schools for most people.

Also if you're trolling me, lol, good job.


Just to clarify, I wasn't trying to be an ass or anything. I was simply trying to help people calm down. I do think anything is possible, and perhaps this admissions committee saw something in my app or found something about me on the web that made them think that they shouldn't admit me. I'm not ruling this out.


I really don't know why you'd be surprised though to get rejected from Chicago...Chicago's numbers are not that high and it's one of those schools where numbers can determine far less than they can for a big class like Harvard. Granted, a Stanford admission means you had a stellar app...but that probably means you had a stellar app for STANFORD, not Chicago.

Best of luck to you though!

User avatar
kulshan
Posts: 413
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:59 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby kulshan » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:18 pm

In just now :). Congrats to all the admits today!

snehpets
Posts: 1143
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby snehpets » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:18 pm

ignatiusr wrote:Got the call about an hour ago. Complete 10/18, UR 1/9. Just a wild guess, but I wouldn't be surprised if those with 1/9 URs were above certain numerical cutoffs. Wouldn't mean that non-1/9ers are all rejects, just that their numbers are such that they require a more careful/prolonged review.


Yeah, perhaps. Although I'm kind of surprised (now I'M going to sound like a humble brag asshole), because my numbers are on par with a lot of the 1/9 people that have gotten in and I don't think there's anything weird wrong with my app. I've gotten in other places (though certainly not harvard or stanford). I'm 1/12. However, 1/6 was my first UR so I guess I'm kind of weird anyway. Maybe there was just something they didn't like about mine. Guess we'll find out by tonight!

User avatar
dakure
Posts: 451
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:04 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby dakure » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:18 pm

My family is trolling hard.

User avatar
lionelmessi
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:06 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby lionelmessi » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:20 pm

I am a 169/3.78, complete 10/13, UR 1/9....so maybe it just means you are for sure something. Because I'm pretty sure I'm not an auto-admit. Haven't heard anything.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dietcoke1, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], PDX4343, premalone, proteinshake, Smc1994, studyingeveryday, texteach, UghNonAmus and 22 guests