Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JamMasterJ » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:57 am

JustE wrote:
Champion wrote:What a weak day in law school admissions :roll:


This.

other than a few decisions Monday, this week has been silent

gloriouscause
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:10 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby gloriouscause » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:42 am

UR both 1/6 and 1/11. Hopefully we'll hear tomorrow.

AS33
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby AS33 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:06 am

Not even a peep from this thread this morning...I'm impressed.

User avatar
icedflames
Posts: 375
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:04 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby icedflames » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:12 am

It's always a bit quiet in the morning, but around noon EST it starts to pick up.

TODAY'S THE DAY!
(And if not, then Friday...or Monday or Tuesday or Wednesday or Thursday or Friday or Monday or Tuesday or Wednesday or Thursday or Friday)

User avatar
Nelson
Posts: 2061
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:43 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Nelson » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:29 am

Today's the day! Since I said that about every other day this week, 4th time's the charm.

seanPtheB
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:06 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby seanPtheB » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:31 am

def feelin it today lessss goooo

Nobody
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:17 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Nobody » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:32 am

Took me so long to realize that this wasn't "less goo."

User avatar
icedflames
Posts: 375
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:04 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby icedflames » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:34 am

Nobody wrote:Took me so long to realize that this wasn't "less goo."


I lol'ed

User avatar
sharktankdean
Posts: 663
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:57 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sharktankdean » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:35 am

UChicago Law Admissions, yes YOU, I know you have been watching this thread like the rest of us. Aren't you tired of making us suffer? I feel like everyday you push back the decision date just to see how we react. The experiment is over, Conclusion: WE WANT TO COME TO YOUR SCHOOL. Now pick up the phones and start calling.

Thank You.

lawhopeful2012
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:22 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby lawhopeful2012 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:36 am

I need an activity to keep me from incessantly refreshing this thread..

User avatar
amc987
Posts: 568
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:58 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby amc987 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:48 am

Alright, Chicago, it's time to get this show on the road. As much fun as this waiting has been, cruel and unusual punishment just doesn't work for me-- it does nothing to brighten my days. Make your phone calls today. Get it done. Thanks.

Best wishes,

amc987
Last edited by amc987 on Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
lawschool899
Posts: 196
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:11 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby lawschool899 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:36 pm

So today? Has anyone had a status update or had only two updates that went complete in the timeframe they stated?

User avatar
Mr. Somebody
Posts: 867
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:42 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Mr. Somebody » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:42 pm

Yeah, nobody reporting updates yet, so that may be a good sign!

snehpets
Posts: 1143
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby snehpets » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:49 pm

lawschool899 wrote:So today? Has anyone had a status update or had only two updates that went complete in the timeframe they stated?


No status update today. Had my third one yesterday (went complete 11/29-11/30ish), so I think that's promising that they're finished getting through the november completes (since we thought that everyone got 3 updates at least before a decision) and will hopefully do something soon.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JamMasterJ » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:49 pm

amc987 wrote:Alright, Chicago, it's time to get this show on the road for deferred/waitlisted EDers to get in. As much fun as this waiting as been, cruel and unusual punishment just doesn't work for me-- it does nothing to brighten my days.

Best wishes,

JMJ

User avatar
Nelson
Posts: 2061
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:43 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Nelson » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:56 pm

I wish they'd throw up some cat pictures or food porn on @UChicagoLawApps to keep things interesting.

otomihsoy
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:19 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby otomihsoy » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:03 pm

snehpets wrote:
lawschool899 wrote:So today? Has anyone had a status update or had only two updates that went complete in the timeframe they stated?


No status update today. Had my third one yesterday (went complete 11/29-11/30ish), so I think that's promising that they're finished getting through the november completes (since we thought that everyone got 3 updates at least before a decision) and will hopefully do something soon.


+1

crosby813
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:12 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby crosby813 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:16 pm

It's snowing in Chicago...the perfect day to stay inside and make a mass amount of phone calls!

User avatar
Mr. Somebody
Posts: 867
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:42 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Mr. Somebody » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:19 pm

crosby813 wrote:It's snowing in Chicago...the perfect day to stay inside and make a mass amount of phone calls!


Or perfect day to make snow angels outside while we suffer? :wink:

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2915
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby franklyscarlet » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:19 pm

Mr. Somebody wrote:
crosby813 wrote:It's snowing in Chicago...the perfect day to stay inside and make a mass amount of phone calls!


Or perfect day to make snow angels outside while we suffer? :wink:


snowy windows make a good frame for evil cackling.

User avatar
crooked
Posts: 253
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:23 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby crooked » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:21 pm

Mr. Somebody wrote:
crosby813 wrote:It's snowing in Chicago...the perfect day to stay inside and make a mass amount of phone calls!


Or perfect day to make snow angels outside while we suffer? :wink:


Don't give them ideas!

46nyc
Posts: 198
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:13 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby 46nyc » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:25 pm

#cantwaitforonething is trending on twitter.... just sayin, @UChicagoLawApps

admisionquestion
Posts: 473
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:16 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby admisionquestion » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:34 pm

46nyc wrote:#cantwaitforonething is trending on twitter.... just sayin, @UChicagoLawApps


Can someone explain what this means to a twitter novice.

addy11
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:01 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby addy11 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:39 pm

admisionquestion wrote:
46nyc wrote:#cantwaitforonething is trending on twitter.... just sayin, @UChicagoLawApps


Can someone explain what this means to a twitter novice.


So the top X number of things at any given time on twitter that are preceded by a hash tag are considered "trending." 99.999% of these tweets are not about wanting a UChi law acceptance, but I believe OP was facetiously hoping that UChi would notice it on twitter and grant some acceptances today to that .001%

46nyc
Posts: 198
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:13 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby 46nyc » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:42 pm

addy11 wrote:
admisionquestion wrote:
46nyc wrote:#cantwaitforonething is trending on twitter.... just sayin, @UChicagoLawApps


Can someone explain what this means to a twitter novice.


So the top X number of things at any given time on twitter that are preceded by a hash tag are considered "trending." 99.999% of these tweets are not about wanting a UChi law acceptance, but I believe OP was facetiously hoping that UChi would notice it on twitter and grant some acceptances today to that .001%


Haha yes was just joking. I didn't actually tweet about it!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Christinabruin, Google Adsense [Bot], rubixcube and 11 guests